Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Opinion!!! thinking in a VW Golf V R32

Quote:
    ALDOGT3 said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    ALDOGT3 said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    I would rather have a Mitsubishi Evo IX - great deals available - use the savings for mods...

How much for EVO IX??

Only $24,999 for RS version up to around $32k for loaded MR version, including all destination charges and FREE Turbo Timer...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=248001

Not sure what the price discounts are like in Europe

But we have problem with import US cars, it is not possible here, and Subaru WRX STI and EVO IX cost here 54 000 EUR (about 48 000-50 000 EUR with discount) and Golf R32 with no extra is about 36 000 EUR (34 500 EUR with discount)

Join the club

Haha I find that a lot of people here think the same as me. I am also going to get a EVO. Just not sure if I should get the 9 now or wait for the X.

Oh and EVO 9 is cheap here. Same price as a R32.

What are you thinking about in your Golf?

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Haha I find that a lot of people here think the same as me. I am also going to get a EVO. Just not sure if I should get the 9 now or wait for the X.

The EVO X will be at least 100kg heavier than the IX (although new Sub STi will be lighter than current car).

I'd get the IX and add some mods...

EVO X gets the new motor, suspension and drivetrain with better awd system and its a bit bigger inside FWIW with a
    less 80's looking interior. It also looks a bit more grown up.

There are only two cars available today with seam welded bodies - GT3's and EVO's.

Go EVO!

HELLO EVERYONE, again THANKS for all the replys, I really appreciate everyone's point of view, was GREAT to read all advices.....

I dont think EVO's are my cup of tea, 1)because its a car I dont like at all, it has never got my attention.2)I think prices here in Spain for the Evo are even higher than the base new R32.3)I think Evo's are in another world in terms of performs, and it would be a BAD idea for me to own such a machine ...Other than that its a great car(no doubt) but not my cup of tea at all...

Also Golf V GTI isnt what I'm really looking for, it is a GREAT car (a friend of mine had delivered his GTI yesterday in red colour, with some extras-->31.000euros ), no doubt its a great car, but with the heart in my hands I would still keep my mini vs the new GTI......when it comes to the R32 IT MAKES ME REALLY THINK IT

Again S3 is really expensive, + I dont see nothing special in that car, (no offense) nothing attracts me...

I have already registered to the spanish VW Golf club of Spain... ....http://www.clubvwgolf.com

Will see how is the market for used R32 here in Spain(with very low miles though) just to save some euros...

Right now I'm trying to recollect as much as information I can from the R32, and as far as now, every point of view coming from R32 V owners is just completely positive, no issues, no nothing, only bad point is fuel consumption (which is not a big secret ), other than that no complaints, even some of them say they dont feel the car too heavy and that its a BULLET with DSG.....so everyone has its own point of view!!! , nearly all owners says its their dream car, others that they only get to drive it for the weekends!!!!

My cooper S has now about 9.000kms done since new (most of the time just driving to university and for pleisure, in very few occasions I have gone out getting the mini) it is in an absolutely amazing condition, interior still smells like new....I have to decide what price I'm going to ask, but I have seen in the spanish mini forum, cooper S's go by 22.000-21.000euros with about 40.000kms-50.000kms and not even with the facelift as mine...So I'm thinking in the 24.000euros price, because its completely new, and because I dont have any pressure on selling it(I really dont know if its a good idea selling it )...so imagine !!!

One more thing !!!

Kreso may be??, Is there any serious date when the new mk6 GOlf will be launched???, AND MOST IMPORTANT, I have been reading and reading threads of the R36, is the R36 GOING TO MAKE IT to the GOLF VARIANT????, I've heard amazing data from the R36, 3.6liter engine 300bhp and a bit more expensive than basic R32....Can anybody inform me about it???

last but not least, who said the R32 ISNT AN EXOTIC???, compare it !!!

more nice pics !!

and last but not least, a very nice video!!!!

English people are crazy, pooor engine !!!!, but nevertheless, a very nice video, with A GREAT EXHAUST SOUND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdWArpkxqzY

IV R32 vs VR32 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgXtIv5lLm4

LAST VIDEO;

this is really R32 PASSION !!!

as title says: R32 symphony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAqkgKFdvag

Alex, why not just tune the Mini? Is there any specific reason you want the Golf?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Alex, why not just tune the Mini? Is there any specific reason you want the Golf?

that is a good question !!!

Cooper S has EVERYTHING I WANT, its small size to park it everywhere, it has passion, it eats curves like nothing, it is fast, it is good looking....its just perfect for me!!!

The only reason for the golf is ITS SOUND, its just planets away vs the mini sound, also I would sum up performance!!!, and the feeling that is a more GT type of car, also more room, specially in the rear seats and for luggage, but these are no BIG problem for me.....for now

I also like how the R32 looks, specially from the rear, with the legendary dual exhaust pipe for the R32's...

I would say, reason i cant get oof my mind the R32 is because of the performance and because of the sound!!!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

that is a good question !!!

Cooper S has EVERYTHING I WANT, its small size to park it everywhere, it has passion, it eats curves like nothing, it is fast, it is good looking....its just perfect for me!!!

The only reason for the golf is ITS SOUND, its just planets away vs the mini sound, also I would sum up performance!!!, and the feeling that is a more GT type of car, also more room, specially in the rear seats and for luggage, but these are no BIG problem for me.....for now

I also like how the R32 looks, specially from the rear, with the legendary dual exhaust pipe for the R32's...

I would say, reason i cant get oof my mind the R32 is because of the performance and because of the sound!!!!

Hey Alex...
    Was about to ask. For that price how about a new Mini JCW????
    Probably much more agile than the R32 but maybe not the sound youre looking for . I'd go for the Mini...

BTW I'm driving a Astra OPC/VXR and quite happy with it.
    Quite powerfull but has big understeer when pushed hard. You
    gotta learn to drive around that but its still huge fun
    Maybe I'm just making things more complicated but think about a BMW 130sport aswell ...

Alcantara Recaro's and steering wheel, Carbon fibre interior, rear "diffuser", wing, air intake on bumper...Kinda like a mini GT3/Superleggera ...
    I'm liking it ... I would've got it if I wasnt so impatient

Having never driven the R32 I am reluctant to judge about the car. If I wouldn't be in your situation I'd opt for the GTI 30th Anniv. edition, boasting 230 hp and an even better suspension. Since both the Golf VI and the 3.6 litre engine are due in near future I would only opt for the current iteration if you get a good quote from the dealerships.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    My cooper S has now about 9.000kms done since new (most of the time just driving to university and for pleisure, in very few occasions I have gone out getting the mini) [...]

Alex, you either study a lot or spend time doing things we don't need to know about...
    I just covered 7k kms in mw car, in the last three months...

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    [...] is the R36 GOING TO MAKE IT to the GOLF VARIANT?

The Golf Variant doesn't look very attractive to me, I'd rather get the Passat Variant R36 instead. Anyways who needs a Station Wagon at your age?

alex, drive the r32 before you go for it, performance might disapoint you

@alex

I had in the last year a Golf V GTI DSG, than a Golf V R32 DSG and now I own a Audi S3...
    My personal ranking is
    1. S3
    2. GTI
    3. R32

This car is way to heavy and slow, it looks and sounds like a BMW M3, but performs like a GTI (NO difference in perdformance till about 180 k/mh on the highway).
    It was a VERY huge disapointment to me!!

NOW as I'm driving with my S3, I have to say, that THIS is really a true compact sportscar, unfortunatelly it has only two doors and no DSG.

I liked DSG very much, but only in the manual modus, the "D" is to slow in shifting and reaction, the "S" position is way to hectic...

Hope this post helps you, but the V(R)6-engine of the R32 is a POS, very boring and extremly high consumption :-((

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Having never driven the R32 I am reluctant to judge about the car. If I wouldn't be in your situation I'd opt for the GTI 30th Anniv. edition, boasting 230 hp and an even better suspension. Since both the Golf VI and the 3.6 litre engine are due in near future I would only opt for the current iteration if you get a good quote from the dealerships.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    My cooper S has now about 9.000kms done since new (most of the time just driving to university and for pleisure, in very few occasions I have gone out getting the mini) [...]

Alex, you either study a lot or spend time doing things we don't need to know about...
    I just covered 7k kms in mw car, in the last three months...

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    [...] is the R36 GOING TO MAKE IT to the GOLF VARIANT?

The Golf Variant doesn't look very attractive to me, I'd rather get the Passat Variant R36 instead. Anyways who needs a Station Wagon at your age?

hello Ferdie, it seems you had a blast at N-ring with Porsche Jeck!!!

Reason I do so little kms with my baby, its because I mainly drive to uni which is right next to my house, in some rare occasions going out at night (because of parking it at the streets), and also because I use the other cars, not the 9974S or 987S, but the range rover or bmw 320d....Also some days I dont even get the car to go to class(probably because I dont go , or because there is a friend taking me )...To sum up, I've never got the cooper S to do long trips on holidays...I treat the mini like a queen(when I dont get to drive her that is )

And you are correct, I would never buy a station wagon, not even with the R36 egnine , probably when I am 70+years old...may be

Regarding the R56 Mini cooper S with the new JCW package, I really really like it, with all the carbon fiber, alcantara options as you stated BC911, BUT!!!, I still prefer the R53 box, I think its more "racing"feeling than the new model, although I have never test-drove the new one....Either way, if I was thinking on the new R56JCW, I would do some more thousands of kms (may be up to 40.000kms or so) and then sell it, for a very good price....These cars have better depreciation than the others in their same category !!

It seems I will have to do a test-drive very soon, just to see what you all guys say (about performance, and weight) , but i'm sure they dont have any R32 for test-driving

GTI, no doubt its a great car, probably better than R32, BUT it lacks in sound, we cant compare the GTI stock sound vs the R32 stock, not even close, also GTI with modded exhaust cant also reach the special sound of the R32....

Again, thanks for all the comments!!!

Quote:
    Lord_Driftalot said:
    @alex

I had in the last year a Golf V GTI DSG, than a Golf V R32 DSG and now I own a Audi S3...
    My personal ranking is
    1. S3
    2. GTI
    3. R32

This car is way to heavy and slow, it looks and sounds like a BMW M3, but performs like a GTI (NO difference in perdformance till about 180 k/mh on the highway).
    It was a VERY huge disapointment to me!!

NOW as I'm driving with my S3, I have to say, that THIS is really a true compact sportscar, unfortunatelly it has only two doors and no DSG.

I liked DSG very much, but only in the manual modus, the "D" is to slow in shifting and reaction, the "S" position is way to hectic...

Hope this post helps you, but the V(R)6-engine of the R32 is a POS, very boring and extremly high consumption :-((

Lord thanks for your input , but in my case, I cant go for the new S3, because of its price, and because from my point of view it also lacks in sound, compared to the R32.....As you can see I am obsessed with the R32 sound , but for me its what it really make me value the car so so positive!!!.

About consumptions you are very right!!!, have read loads of articles, and owners points of views, and this is probably the most annoying thing of the car....

I' ve found a new R32 with less than 6.000kms 4door(BUT MANUAL tranny), with normal leather seats for 27.500euros

The golfs are great cars, the manual is 6.5 to 60, and the dsg is 6.2 seconds. 3.2 250bhp vr6 engine 24 valves.

I'm not that impressed with the mk5's they are more of a big people carrier, but the R32 i'll make an exemption, it's probably the only mk5 golf i'd own.

Go on www.vwvortex.com and ask what they think

I know what they will say, those guys are vw nut cases like me..

I've raced a local mk4 R32 in my vr6 and he was struggling to come passed i hit 60mph and the lad was still at the side / behind me, he also struggled to come passed me in the wet 2.8 174bhp vs 3.2 241bhp

As for the sound, thats why i love my vr6 people just dont expect to hear that noise from an old banger

If i had a pound for every car which gets at the side of me at the traffic lights i'd be really wealthy, for some reason they seem to travel down and then get into the next lane, probably thinking thats a banger golf probably a 1.4 and is slow, so they move in the other lane expecting for me to pull off slow..

Obviously there wrong everytime i pull off that fast it looks like they have engaged reverse instead of 1st, then i look in my mirror and see them move behind me

Thats why i love the mk3 golfs they have a slow reputation thanks to the 2.0l litre gti 8v, most folk dont know about the vr6

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752870 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430540 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258504 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868126 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801701 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM