Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Someone has damaged my C2S

someone has climbed onto the back of my C2S & literally walked up the engine cover, along the roof & down onto the bonnet !! Words escape me in describing what a ******* [beep] this man must be.

The roof has dents but worse the paint has been broken at one point & the alloy bonnet is dented too.

Anyone any idea if the roof panel is a replaceable body part ? Any ideas how much a new panel & bonnet will be ?

I just don't get someone that can willfully cause malicious damage this way simply because someone has something that he doesn't ?........ i understand jealousy, but to take it that far i just cannot understand.

Re: Someone has damaged my C2S

I'm so sorry to hear this. Could it be some teenagers running amok? Makes me so angry that people have so little respect for another person's property. Is there any CCTV footage where you parked? Hope you get it all sorted out okay.

Sorry to hear that!
    Hope the repairs are covered by your insurance policy

I have the same problem with my Black 997S. Well almost. The neighborhood CATS seem to love prancing all over my car leaving paw prints and an occasional scratch. Sorry no pictures.

That is absolutely terrible to hear; I wish you the best resolving this issue.

I do not think it is just jealousy.

If it is teenagers that have done this to your car it is also probably because they know they can get away with it.

When I lived in Canada I knew several people associated with law enforcement. In that country, and probably in the UK and the US, 80% of crime is now committed by "underage offenders". They know they will get away with it. Crime rings my have older individual who organize/run them, but the "grunt work" is done by the underaged for the same reason.

The cops and other law enforcement generally feel helpless and feel your pain. They know if they arrest these individuals, odds are a judge or a lawyer (who also have to follow the law) will have them out on the street within an hour or so, and most will never see jail time or any form of punishment. Most will probably repeat the offense.

It is time for the laws to change.

unfortunately there wasn't CCTV. It looks completely random, someone just decided to do it for their own perverted 'fun' !

The Police have taken the fingerprints so lets hope they have him on record somewhere. In the meantime i will get it repaired

I can really understand how do you feel Stewil.
    I got my 993c4s damaged by few ******** that wrote with a spike on my bonnet and, least in list, i got my passenger windows broken and seat leather cut in my 996TT few months ago.
    They scratched the tunnel leather too...
    [beep] idiots....

I hope you to catch them.
    Will your insurance cover you?
    Mine did but not all of it... .....

I was feeling pretty good and then I read your post; now I feel like sh*t. Makes me sick. Just f'ing sick. I'd like to see the mofo publically caned until he bleeds and screams x 10; all his "friends" can watch. (I'm not normally attracted to violence either). Very sorry to imagine the damage to your beautiful car.

Sorry to hear of this. Before I even opened this thread I figured it was someone from the UK. It sounds like the work of angry riff raff that will never make it and are jealous of those that have. Good luck getting it sorted out.

luckily the insurance will cover the cost. But its just the pain of seeing the car damaged & then knowing the paint is not all original when its repaired & being without it for a few weeks.

Plus the knowledge that the second its repaired the same or another f'ing fool can do the same or worse AGAIN !

These are just crazy times we live in, until some more effective punishment is created, i fear it will only get worse where our property & possessions are concerned

Robbery, theft, I can understand, but mindless vandalism is inexplicable!
    I think our friends in Singapore know best when it comes to this!
    I feel your pain!

If that was in Kuwait or something wouldn't they cut his legs and hands off? To be honest I'm glad I live in a country where we have to suffer petty crime and people get to keep their limbs !!

@jamesaug, chopping off a hand is the punishment for theft in countries with Islamic Shariah Law not for car vandalism...

I am so sorry....

Stewil, Terrible to hear about your damage, Many city dwellers can sympathize with inconsiderate parking and the like, but this is a whole other level entirely!

It is truely a shame that depraved people like that exist at all.

The alloy parts likely need to be replaced if the dents are serious enough.

Everything is fixable, take it to your favourite OPC and it should be back to new again in no time. Time to invest in some safer parking I suppose.

Dude, I feel your pain, but it could have been worse.

A 15-year old kid once skateboarded across the hood of my Lexus in LA...and then I got out and chased him down to his high school. I walked into his classroom, dragged him out into the hall AND INSTEAD OF BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF HIM LIKE I WANTED TOOK HIM TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE. Where I was promptly informed by the principal that I was trespassing (adult on school property), violating his rights by holding his arm AND THEN SHE CALLED THE COPS ON ME?! Then the punk kids mom showed up and she told the cops I HIT HIM WITH MY CAR. Dude, it quickly escalated into the most jacked up scene I have ever been in.

It sucks. Take the insurance money. Get a garage. Avoid punk kids.

Quote:
    OO7GT3 said:

A 15-year old kid once skateboarded across the hood of my Lexus in LA...and then I got out and chased him down to his high school. I walked into his classroom, dragged him out into the hall AND INSTEAD OF BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF HIM LIKE I WANTED TOOK HIM TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE. Where I was promptly informed by the principal that I was trespassing (adult on school property), violating his rights by holding his arm AND THEN SHE CALLED THE COPS ON ME?! Then the punk kids mom showed up and she told the cops I HIT HIM WITH MY CAR. Dude, it quickly escalated into the most jacked up scene I have ever been in.

Wow, so much for old school punishment, literally

....Oh it gets better. After I finally convinced the cop that the kid was the perp (he left a shoe print on my hood) I called my insurance company (GEICO) who obliquely suggested I should just let it go or I could be dropped for possibly being involved in a pedestrian vs. car accident...then their body shop gave me a $997 bill...just $3 bucks shy of my deductible. Then, when I traded in the car the dealership docked me $1K for the repaint.

Toss pots .. Long time back I was driving along and a punk chucked a stone at my window then made a quick runner , it completely smashed through my window . Anyhow they did not run quick enough because on breaking I got out of my vehicle and chased and caught one , he sh*t a conker stating frantically that he did not throw it . However , he did give all details of the prat that did it and to cut a long story short the culprit ( who was 18yrs ) had me on his doorstep the next day ( the shock and horror on his face ) and again 2 days later with the bill , he paid in full and was very apologetic as was his father , to which I held no respnsibility..

All the best , buddy...

Quote:
    OO7GT3 said:

Society is quickly going to hell in a hand basket.

Quote:
    OO7GT3 said:
    ....Oh it gets better. After I finally convinced the cop that the kid was the perp (he left a shoe print on my hood) I called my insurance company (GEICO) who obliquely suggested I should just let it go or I could be dropped for possibly being involved in a pedestrian vs. car accident...then their body shop gave me a $997 bill...just $3 bucks shy of my deductible. Then, when I traded in the car the dealership docked me $1K for the repaint.

Jeez, it's making it tougher and tougher to own a nice car these days. That along with the cops eyeballing us ready to give a ticket, it's taking all the fun out of things.

Quote:
    OO7GT3 said:

I never trusted Geico, but in any case, your claim should have been, without question, filed under 'comprehensive." The deductible for that is normally very low; I do not think that my insurer offers a comprehensive deductible above $200.

So sorry for you mate.

Unfortunatly even if you had caught the frigging tosspot/s, there's little that you could have done in Blighty. You would have had to politely ask them to stop thrashing your property and maybe even grovel! They should have tried that here in TN on someone's John Deere... they'd have experienced a profound "Deliverance" moment! Squeel Piggy Squeel!

The world is going nuts and most lawabiding folk are going to loose theirs!

This happened to a guy i know, he made quite alot of money through training programs(hes Ex 22 and Ex para) these young guys kept messing with his car. The costs were becoming a joke, i think it was over Pounds20k in the end. Anyways so what he did was he parked his car, hid up with a few flash bangs and some flairs, and waited. The second night they came LOL boy did they get a surprise, i think it was 3 of um all 18 as i remember. Well one of them had metal pins in his legs and the other still suffers badly from head aches, LoL but hes a nutter and i think he just lost it with them. Anyways im truely sorry to hear about this haha maybe my mate can come and help u out hehehehehe

http://www.teile.pl/
    here You can see the price of the parts

Sorry to hear your p car has been messed with.

The young in the uk have very little or no respect for anything, it's very sad when you can't have what you want without some asbo trying it on.

This is also another reason why i like shock sensors, yes if there not set up finely they can cause false alarms but they do work and if my car is touched the alarm goes off, well i have 2 alarms on my vr6.

And when i get a porsche it will have more sensors and sirens on it than at a car alarm factory!

I note that this forum (and others) have a steady stream of vandalism reports. Even though the folks who post here are just a small sample of Porsche owners, I suspect these reports are significant and reflect a society problem that is growing. I also note that these reports seem to be clustered (aren't statistics often clustered?) around certain cities, but vandalism may pop anywhere.

Of all places it would happen in the UK wouldn't it? These kids need to have their as5 handed to them on a plate. What I would give to catch one of them red-handed.

It's not only punk kids we have to worry about. I street-park in London and left my car (previously an E46 coupe) for one week whilst I was on holiday. When I returned, I discovered the boot had been "crunched" to such an extent that I couldn't even open it. One of my neighbour's witnessed a builder's truck backing painfully/slowly into it while I was away. Lovely.

Within 3 days of getting my Cayman S, the garbage men managed to put several horizontal scratch lines across my bonnet by trying to squeeze past cars, while carrying garbage.

I need some cameras and shock sensors....can anybody recommend?

Quote:
    jamesaug said:
    If that was in Kuwait or something wouldn't they cut his legs and hands off? To be honest I'm glad I live in a country where we have to suffer petty crime and people get to keep their limbs !!

For me I hope it's your car they get then. I for one think respect for someone else's property should come before trying to understand the behavior of some little sociopath!

For the record In Singapore they cane miscreants for vandalism such as this. Remember the American bloke from a few years back. I wonder how much more graffiti he has sprrad since then?

A just society is not one which preserves the rights of the perpetrator over the rights of the victim! Yes everyone is entitled to his day in court, but if convicted, SWIFT, SURE and JUST punishment needs administered, not psychoanalysis!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762776 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435546 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260601 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257640 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80964 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872466 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807850 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM