Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Top Gear: Carrera GT Video!!!!

not one single reply...man

Hey Salman...

Firsty reply...thanks buddy!!! Downloading now.

Cheers,
    -Nick

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

is there any award about how many replies you get? lol

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

I can't stream these videos, or download them. Any advice on how to download it, instead of stream? I may just be retarded. Theres a reply!

right click on the link and go to Save Target As...then choose your place on your HD and boom your set

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    right click on the link and go to Save Target As...then choose your place on your HD and boom your set

Yeah thats what I thought. Any other way? For one reason or another, it doesn't give me the option to "save target as". I have been dieing to watch that and the 360 CS vs. GT3 RS, but I can't . Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks again for this great clip!

I appreciate it very much, as I couldn't see TopGear on any other way!

GREAT GREAT GREAT!

L@rs

shouldn't "somebody" be posting how "only 1% of drivers will be able to drive this car and where can you even drive it" about now?

the diff between the CGT and the rest is that this one is the real deal for the enthusiant whereas the rest are jewelry for poseurs.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    shouldn't "somebody" be posting how "only 1% of drivers will be able to drive this car and where can you even drive it" about now?

Nick will be a while yet! He's still trying to figure out how to download the vid.

He needs to watch it to gather ammunition (= comments which he can misunderstand or misconstrue, for use as blunt instruments in his one-man vendetta against Porsche).

Thanks a lot for the video! I have to wait a lot to be downloaded, but I'm sure it worth waiting

Thanks for the clip!!! This may be the best one I've seen!! Thanks again!

Quote:
    ben, lj said:

the diff between the CGT and the rest is that this one is the real deal for the enthusiant whereas the rest are jewelry for poseurs.

Ben, the difference between the CGT and the rest of the supercars is the CGT, despite its obvious superiority in some performance measurements, cannot get any respect with the buying public.

This car has been heavily marketed for three years and they still cannot sell all of them. Why? Because the company has created an environment of distrust with the public. Whereas Ferrari is on record of eschewing profits for customer satisfaction, Porsche takes the opposite view. The customer be damned so long as we maximize our profit margins.

Regarding driveway jewelry, it is my understanding, you like most buyers of the CGT, will not race or track the car. Spending a 1/2 million dollars on a car solely for performance and not track it or race it is the quintessential definition of a posuer.

Don't know much about profit margins but agree 100% with last paragraph. The CGT is waay overrated despite what you biased Porsche fans may say.

well nick, upon picking up that cayenne turbo, i found out there is a track in nevada which a couple of locals (here) rent for the day. if that's the case, my car will see the track.

incidentally, one of my favorite things about the CGT is less than 1% of all people on the roads will know i was such an arsehole as to have spent $500k on a car for myself. on the other hand, 99%+ of the people on the road think ferraris (even the entry level one - 360), cost $500k and have opinions about how that reflects on those driving them (that is for the couple miles a month they drive - er: wear them)

btw, yes the CGT is overrated. how else do you explain it's spot at the top of the top gear track times

Quote:
    CGT is waay overrated

explain

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    well nick, upon picking up that cayenne turbo, i found out there is a track in nevada which a couple of locals (here) rent for the day. if that's the case, my car will see the track.

incidentally, one of my favorite things about the CGT is less than 1% of all people on the roads will know i was such an arsehole as to have spent $500k on a car for myself. on the other hand, 99%+ of the people on the road think ferraris (even the entry level one - 360), cost $500k and have opinions about how that reflects on those driving them (that is for the couple miles a month they drive - er: wear them)

btw, yes the CGT is overrated. how else do you explain it's spot at the top of the top gear track times

By golly he's got it!!! The beauty of Ferrari's is not all people with money can get one. With Porsche, they are dime a dozen.

BTW I do not believe the car is over rated. It is a superb performance track car. Unfortunately very few can drive it. The record time was set after an entire morning of spin outs and faulty starts by a professional driver. I wonder if the gave that many opportunities to the SLR?

My God I am not sure I want to be in that car unless it is driven by a professional.

Well track times mean jack all in the real world and seeing as how it takes a top professional to extract the best out of it, whats the point of all this track ability in the real world? And seeing how it can't beat the SLR to 300kph its just overrated. The Zonda and SLR are far better cars IMO. Sure you can have your track argument but for me the looks aren't that special and well, just not my cup of tea basically.

Why does he start acting all weird when he says silicon carbide?

or am i just being a complete ditsy blonde about somthing?

"and seeing as how it takes a top professional to extract the best out of it, whats the point of all this track ability in the real world?"

because some of us would rather be challenged than drive luxo automatic GT cruisers which drive themselves at the limit.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    "and seeing as how it takes a top professional to extract the best out of it, whats the point of all this track ability in the real world?"

because some of us would rather be challenged than drive luxo automatic GT cruisers which drive themselves at the limit.

Heck, some people even get a Ferrari with auto just because its easier and less of a "hassle" to shift, not becuase it may be faster on a weekend car not a commuter! really sport enthusiasts

What fun is a car if in the first time driving, you have it mastered??? I guess its not that hard to "master" an SLR, it's a damned automatic, my mom could sit in and do the same 0-60 as a pro!!! In that case she could as well with an Enzo. To me that is part of the appeal. It may take some time and effort to extract the potential from this car. If it took the professional track driver one morning to get the hang of it, that shows me how fun this car can be. Also it shows how much room there is to improve on that lap time! Give the CGT another year, and some more practise for the drivers doing this so-called "comparisons" and I think we will be surprised just how much more these times will improve! Thats all for now.

Regarding driveway jewelry, it is my understanding, you like most buyers of the CGT, will not race or track the car. Spending a 1/2 million dollars on a car solely for performance and not track it or race it is the quintessential definition of a posuer.

Nick, I have a question for you and your Ferrari cronies, how often do you track your cars??!!!

Quote:
    danny911 said:

Nick, I have a question for you and your Ferrari cronies, how often do you track your cars??!!!

There are at least 3 regularly-tracked 360s within a 5-mile radius of my home, mid-peninsula Bay Area. There are so many track-day options out there I'm sure there are others I don't know about.

Gary

I have no doubt that some Ferrari owners track their cars. I was responding to Nicks statment that no CGT owners are going to track their cars. In my humble and limited experience, i am led to believe that more porsches are tracked and raced than ferraris. I think there will be CGT owners that track them, and 360 owners will continue to drive their car twice a month. I own a porsche and will track it. Other Porsche owners I know track their cars. The few Ferrari owners I know would never drive their car, designed for high performance, to a track and race. One such owner I happen to work with. He owns a 2000 360 and it has 7,000 miles on it. I don't beleive he is taking it to the track any time soon! I don't mean to attack, but in my opinion that is the driveway jewlery and the quintessential definition of a posuer!

And Nick if you track your car, congrats, but I doubt you do.

Quote:
    danny911 said:
    I have no doubt that some Ferrari owners track their cars. I was responding to Nicks statment that no CGT owners are going to track their cars. In my humble and limited experience, i am led to believe that more porsches are tracked and raced than ferraris. I think there will be CGT owners that track them, and 360 owners will continue to drive their car twice a month. I own a porsche and will track it. Other Porsche owners I know track their cars. The few Ferrari owners I know would never drive their car, designed for high performance, to a track and race. One such owner I happen to work with. He owns a 2000 360 and it has 7,000 miles on it. I don't beleive he is taking it to the track any time soon! I don't mean to attack, but in my opinion that is the driveway jewlery and the quintessential definition of a posuer!

And Nick if you track your car, congrats, but I doubt you do.

Absolutely not. I bought my Spider for road use only. He gives me all the thrills I need. I am considering an Elise but wanting for more feedback from buyers and track users. I suspect someone could mod the Elise and be competitive with 99% of the cars on the road. Ben, I hope your reading this. It would suit your needs perfectly.

I never wrote all CGT owners will not track their cars. I indicated most will not. Look the CGT is not a car for highway use. It is set up for track use and Porsche markets the car that way. That is why those that buy that car and not race or track are nothing more than poseur's which all Ferrari owners are accused of on this board.

Danny your Porsche is a nice little car. Be happy with it. Just look out for the Vettes, Viper, Elise's, Z350's and so on

i'm contemplating an elise - or a GT3 in the future.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763298 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435835 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260754 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257738 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81015 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872720 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808194 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM