Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My girlfriend hates my GT3.

if she ain't satisfied with a porsche, there are many things she won't be satisfied in life that you might really love.. it's not about the price of the item.. it's about the difference in your taste with hers.

A lot of good points made so far...

IMO you have compromised greatly for your gf and now its her turn to compromise for you - if she's not willing to do this then you can decide what you want to do... Afterall, it's your life and you should enjoy it exactly the way you want to without any restrictions!

Do not let anyone take away the few pleasures you have in life!

LOL. Tell her her shoes bother you; they're "stiff" and "clunky" looking. Do this often with most of the shoes she wears. Refuse to "happily" go out with her if she wears particular ones.

My wife has made it clear that my C2S isn't her cup of tea... She's a tad claustrophobic, and doesn't dig the low-and-intimate interior, and fast driving makes her nervous... But she's a sport, and she happily obliges when I want to cruise the Porsche to dinner, or wherever...

It's one thing for her to admit she's not an absolute "fan" of the car... It's another thing to endlessly bitch about it..

Don't judge her on her taste in cars, judge her on her good-sportsmanship and willingness to make the best..

That's why I married my wife... She loves cars too, but it's more the classic 50's-60's luxo-cruiser-convertible type cars that gets her hair to fluff... She could care less about little sports cars...

(Quite honestly, from practical and real experience, you pull up in front of a club in a '56 Caddy Convertible, or a suicide-door Continental drop-top, and the ladies of all ages and backgrounds from 18-on-up will ignore every other German and Italian car in the lot, and wish they could go cruising retro-style.....Nothing can compete with a bench front seat, arm around your gal, taking it slow.. )

You'll find that a woman who loves her father(even better if he's a car guy) are going to be better sports with the car thing. Watch out for the man hater/controller types

Heated seats. Did you order heated seats for the GT3? It goes a lot way to help things out. My G/F has her own Porsche so it's not an issue. But then, I purposely avoided a GT3 because I thought it might be a little too severe for the public roadways.

Dan

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Don't judge her on her taste in cars, judge her on her good-sportsmanship and willingness to make the best..

I have been married 6 years, and my wife puts up with my car addiction (she has seen over a 100 cars come and go since we have been married) She never liked any of the Porsches (including the CayenneTT) and the only Ferrari she ever liked was the 04 575. I have learned that you do not need to share ever desire for a relationship to work. I'd suggest you enjoy your car whenever you can alone, since you are not going to enjoy it the way you try to drive it with her in the car. My wife drives an 07 Maserati Qport and she says that is loud.

After reading this post it seems that the majority of wives/girlfriends don't like 911's... My wife use to come with me when I take my weekly weekend drive thru the canyon but she says she gets a stomach ache after we're done and she says it "makes her sleepy"...LOL go figure.... I'm exactly the opposite when I'm done... Better for me, I can drive alot faster when she's not in the car!!! True, the car is pretty bumpy when in Sport mode, especially since my car is lowered, but I wouldn't have it any other way... I never really knew what the big deal was about Porsches.... Until I got mine (this is my first one) and now I know.... I doubt i'll buy anything else again... besides a Ferrari or Lambo, maybe...

So i must say.. the porsche is a men's car :P

Many women who love the idea and image of sports cars cannot abide the passenger discomfort generated by spirited driving.

My wife loves the 911 turbo.

Re: My girlfriend hates my GT3

Quote:
    AUM said:
    Many women who love the idea and image of sports cars cannot abide the passenger discomfort generated by spirited driving.

Well said Consistency is not hardwired into their DNA.

Quote:
    Bon said:

Most Carreras are driven by males.

Alot of Boxsters are driven by females.

That's about all you can say..., and be accurate.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Bon said:

Most Carreras are driven by males.

Alot of Boxsters are driven by females.

That's about all you can say..., and be accurate.

The last numbers I saw said 9% of 911 buyers were women, and 22% for the Boxster. Compare that to the new Beetle which is over 70% women.

Jim

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Quote:
    moto said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:
    I remember the threads now. She is pretty. They are quite common in LA.

True love = rare, True convenience = common, Divorce rate = 60%.

"THEY" are quite common? What do you mean

mvn dude, as everyone's saying here, a relationship involves to quite an extent some form of compromise and understanding. If you dig the GT3 and is prepared to get her a KN turbo, I think you've gone out of your way to compromise.

I wouldn't saying anthing about your gf because none of us know her except for the rather revealing photos. Is she actively asking you to get rid of the GT3 or are you just being a gentleman - being considerate without being asked?

If you can afford it, keep the GT3 AND the gf! (or sell me the GT3 at 50% price you paid for)

There is no way in hell I'm selling my GT3 . One of my very few passions in life is driving my car. If she asked me that, she would be gone. She just doesn't like riding in it. I got the cayenne turbo for both of us. I've sold my C2S cab, because I don't drive it as much anymore.

Sounds like you made a reasonable compromise by getting a Cayenne Turbo. You're right in not selling the GT3.

My lady friend isn't all that enthused about riding in my 911S, which, to my thinking, has quite a comfortable but firm ride. But I really don't care what she thinks about my 911S. I bought the car for myself and do most of my driving alone. I didn't get it because I had some mid-life or later-life crisis. I got it because I have wanted one since I was 20.

So enjoy your GT3!!!

Jim

I've been married for 5 years now and this is how it works. Whenever you get something you want, you've got to get her something she wants. That way, everyone is happy. Whenever I shop, I pick something up for the wife. I buy clothes; I'll by her a new handbag. When I bought my CL55, I traded her CLK320 for a CLS500. Just make sure you have deep pockets to pay for your fetish!!!

But in the end what truly matters is that she knows that you love her more than any vehicle or material item. Think about it. The fact that you're pondering your purchase leads me to believe you care for her greatly. I suggest sitting her down and explaining to her how much she means to you and how much you love her. In addition, explain to her your passion for exotic cars. If this is done correctly and from the heart, you shouldn't have any more problems.

But if she doesn't understand and continues to gripe our tell you to get rid of the car, I'd agree with many others on the forum that you would need to cut your losses and move on. It would be a big mistake to marry this girl....

My first post and just my .02......Good Luck

My wife does not like Porsches, period. She thinks Ferraris are sexy, but not Porsches. To her credit, she considers my Porsche and my PCA membership as my hobby and a fairly healthy outlet for my masculine whatever .... I think it's ok for husband and wife (or partners) to have different interests and hobbies. We have two cars, so my wife need not ride in my Porsche, if she doesn't want to. We're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on Friday. So I guess you could say that we've worked things out.

Good luck with your issue. Two rational people who love and care about each other (as unique indiviudals) can compromise, believe me. They learn to accept each other as they are.

Buy her a copy of "The Road Less Travelled"!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM