Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet - Official Pictures/

Zenith blue is awsome, old boxster memories...

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Weight is 1665kg(coupe is 1585kg).

BTW, it is 0.1s slower in 0-100km/h then coupe version...

Rear LEDs? Thank God they did not mess with it-at least they had current buyers in mind...

0.1s slower sorry yes.
    They could easely have intregrated the rear LED without changing the shape of the lights, just the internals. No need to remind you LED are a security feature as they light quicker. So Porsche is skimping on security at the expense of the customers. Once again, where are all these profits going?

Profits are going to buy the VW.

Porsche can employ the best photographers but cannot hide the fact that it is a pig (in looks) with lipstick. The rear tail is hideous. The look of the 997TT is the ultimate Rube Goldberg solution to a failed styling concept.

mexico blue looks nice

I kind of like this brown color. What is it called ?

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    NO PDK
    No iPod
    No bluetooth
    No rear LED
    0.2 secs slower to 60 than the non cab
    Is this 2007?

I wanted this car to be my next one, but it won't be.

150lbs more than the coupe, sounds normal.
    P is loosing their edge, where are all these profits going to?
    Where's the dream?

I personally think Porsche relied on the strong market when 996 was introduced and kept on using the same business logic to continue on, it may have been a good idea for the Euro market but for the U.S. didn't play as vital as 996 era was.

I believe they have realized it now since the sales in the U.S. is dipping but too late to make any significant changes for the 997 models. Unfortunately competition is so fierce out in the market that Porsche needs to reconsider the Handling strong point and concentrate on some more horsepower offerings as opposed to 5 and 10 more hp in every 911 iteration.

I have no doubt that for the next gen 911 (998 ?) Porsche will introduce many significant technical/mechanical changes as well as a fresh design.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Topaz brown.

Just kidding.

Can they change the frikkin wheels already!?!? they are so UGLY!!!!

lookin good

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Topaz brown.

Just kidding.

ha ha

It's not a pretty car... like the coupe a lot more.

The rear wing looks out of place on a cabrio.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Very nice picture

Very nice picture, that's correct, but also very brown colour...

I've seen that brown color on a BMW X3, doesn't llok nice in real life...

Guess in a setting like that any car/color looks nice!

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    The brown is different, not my favorite color but a pretty color.

It's probably one of those things (like a Cocoa interior) which looks muuuuuch better in person.

I have no doubt that for the next gen 911 (998 ?) Porsche will introduce many significant technical/mechanical changes as well as a fresh design.

Ron, I have to agree with you, I think Porsche has to start thinking drastic changes before they start losing a portion of their profit to other car manufacturers.

Nice cab, looks great in sy. Hate the brown.

Quote:
    edz61 said:

Ron, I have to agree with you, I think Porsche has to start thinking drastic changes before they start losing a portion of their profit to other car manufacturers.

Porsche's such a mass manufacturer now, that most buyers don't really care about NBR times, real innovations etc. All they care about is brand prestige. I doubt Porsche will really try to step things up a level with the 998. Sadly.

Quote:
    palenimbus said:
    Porsche's such a mass manufacturer now, that most buyers don't really care about NBR times, real innovations etc. All they care about is brand prestige. I doubt Porsche will really try to step things up a level with the 998. Sadly.

I tend to agree with you since Porsche wants to become the next MB or BMW, sadly .

Quote:
    palenimbus said:

I agree; it's "written on the walls."

My first clue was the quads, SC and the 19s. Prepare for them to continue to add poser-esque features to the car. Will be interesting to witness how they try to appeal to a wider customer base. God forbid they should "bloat" the car and add some creases and straight lines to the body panels (like BMW)

Re: 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet - Official Pictures/Spec

Thanks RC. Especially like the way the rear looks from rear quarters back. Much more cohesive and aggressive than the 996. The rear wing is perfect now imo. Not too big like in previous generation's/not too small like w/ the 996,,,,,,,, just right.

Re: 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet - Official Pictures/Spec

porsche is mearly giving the customer what they want...call it what you will...i thought old school things had pretty much gone out the window when i saw the options list for the gt3rs...all the various little leather bits, etc. etc. ad nauseum...i mean really, imo the rs should have been more of a streetable rsr with perhaps no options as opposed to the posuers wet dream....whats next, buy vw

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Nothing we didn't expect, is it? BTW, what happened to the lower part of the slats in the rear bumper in pic #2?
    Looks like they edited the colors in these pics.
    -Joost-

I'm with you on this. It looks exactly like we knew it would. Good call on the rear bumper too. I wonder if they're going to change that on the Turbo coupe or not.

Quote:
    palenimbus said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

Sadly you are so right my friend. Many people do not even consider a Porsche an exotic car and granted it is not any more. One of the reasons is being a mass produced car and another reason would be having lower end models. When I was a kid (I was born in 60's) a Porsche was a rare find and a true exotic. If you had one, you had money and you were considered a car enthusiast with taste. Now there are so many out there and with cars like the Z06 many who have hunger for speed turn their back on the P-cars and buy something at much lower price and better performance. I love Porsches regardless and can't imagine not having at least one in the garage at all times

Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:
    mexico blue looks nice

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Many people do not even consider a Porsche an exotic car and granted it is not any more.
    When I was a kid (I was born in 60's) a Porsche was a rare find and a true exotic. If you had one, you had money and you were considered a car enthusiast with taste.

While I can completely understand the complaints about lacking innovation/perfomance I never get this "exotic car" stuff. In my neck of the woods a Porsche never has been regarded as an "Exotic" (Exotics always have been the Italians).
    Car enthusiast with taste - yes Status seeker/exclusivity focussed - no
    Actually this combination of car enthusiasts, being economically successful without showing off generated my sympathy for the brand in the "old days" - we're the same age
    Of course in the old days the "posers" would not have bought a Porsche - simply because it was a small, uncomfortable and challenging to drive car - a car for enthusiasts
    These times won't come back for several reasons, but what's the solution for a modern sports car manufacturer - "limited production" like Ferrari or Lamborghini
    Never - might satisfy some exclusivity seekers if PAG would produce 7000 cars p.a. only at "exclusive" prices, but would be an economical disaster
    More innovation and performance for the sportscar enthusiast - yes please PAG as "Exotic" car manufacturer - no please - Just IMHO of course.
    BTW how do you define a mass producer ? Where's the limit ?
    Does 0.5% market share qualify PAG as a mass producer

Here's mine....just don't know black interior or sand beige (I've had two Guards/Beige cabs w/black tops....love the combo)....

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Many people do not even consider a Porsche an exotic car and granted it is not any more.
    When I was a kid (I was born in 60's) a Porsche was a rare find and a true exotic. If you had one, you had money and you were considered a car enthusiast with taste.

While I can completely understand the complaints about lacking innovation/perfomance I never get this "exotic car" stuff. In my neck of the woods a Porsche never has been regarded as an "Exotic" (Exotics always have been the Italians).
    Car enthusiast with taste - yes Status seeker/exclusivity focussed - no
    Actually this combination of car enthusiasts, being economically successful without showing off generated my sympathy for the brand in the "old days" - we're the same age
    Of course in the old days the "posers" would not have bought a Porsche - simply because it was a small, uncomfortable and challenging to drive car - a car for enthusiasts
    These times won't come back for several reasons, but what's the solution for a modern sports car manufacturer - "limited production" like Ferrari or Lamborghini
    Never - might satisfy some exclusivity seekers if PAG would produce 7000 cars p.a. only at "exclusive" prices, but would be an economical disaster
    More innovation and performance for the sportscar enthusiast - yes please PAG as "Exotic" car manufacturer - no please - Just IMHO of course.
    BTW how do you define a mass producer ? Where's the limit ?
    Does 0.5% market share qualify PAG as a mass producer

I qualify Porsche as a mass manufacturer because their sales seem to fluctuate so closely to US Economic growth and US housing prices and not to the quality or performance of their vehicles.

Go sand, or even better natural brown,

Quote:
    993Targa said:
    It's not a pretty car... like the coupe a lot more.

The rear wing looks out of place on a cabrio.

Ditto!!

At around $170K (tax included), it will take a lot of buyers out of the market. That's one big check to write !!!!!!

That Brown $hit color looks beautiful, the cabriolet looks alot better than the coupe

I still hope, that one day PORSCHE will offer again the Turbo Targa-Version. That would bi a great car!

Greetings

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689603 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409250 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255756 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235001 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858008 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774061 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM