Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F430 LP

I puted down a deposit 2 months ago for the F430LP and my dealer said hopefully wait 2 years for the car.

Probably at that time the F430 successor will be here?

I am thinking maybe changing the order to the F430 successor.

Any comments?

Re: F430 LP

That depends on what you prefer, the 430LP and the F430 successor are two different types of cars.

Expect the LP to be built no longer than one and a half year, with presentation this autumn (Frankfurt) and delivery to customers end of year, your two years wait means you get one of the last cars. By that time, the F430 successor should be well into production.

Problem may be, that if you order the successor now, you might not get it before the second production year, what means another two years wait for you.

Basically it's up to your and your personal preferences whether you should go for the Light Pista or the F430 successor.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    That depends on what you prefer, the 430LP and the F430 successor are two different types of cars.

Expect the LP to be built no longer than one and a half year, with presentation this autumn (Frankfurt) and delivery to customers end of year, your two years wait means you get one of the last cars. By that time, the F430 successor should be well into production.

Problem may be, that if you order the successor now, you might not get it before the second production year, what means another two years wait for you.

Basically it's up to your and your personal preferences whether you should go for the Light Pista or the F430 successor.

Rossi, I really don't think the successor will be in production 2 years from now,
    The very end off 2009, begin 2010 will be the first delivery dates of the new 430.

Normally I will get my LP at the end of this year, and I hopefully will drive it for a whole two years before the successor will come out, and maybe even longer if I like it over a "standard" F.

Patriek, according to the information I got, the F430 will be out in late 2008. So delivery should start in 2009. Ferrari can only present one new model each year, this year it's the Light Pista, next year the F430 successor and in 2009 the new Dino. Only chance that the successor of the midengined model will be presented later would be if they switched the presentation date with the Dino. But I don't think that will happen.

So by late 2008 new F430, which will give the Light Pista a production time similar to that of the Challenge Stradale.

I'm going to move my deposit currently for the F430 Spider for the F430 successor - by the time I get my Spider the F430 will be almost replaced.

mike don't you already have a 430?

He has a F430 coupe not a spider

Gallardo Superleggera instead of lightpista????

Porsche dealer told me there maybe a GT3 allocation at the end of this year, I need to wait until May to confirm that. So if that's turth, I will have my GT3 in 2008. Then I will change the deposit to F430 successor.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Gallardo Superleggera instead of lightpista????

I don't like 4WD.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Patriek, according to the information I got, the F430 will be out in late 2008. So delivery should start in 2009. Ferrari can only present one new model each year, this year it's the Light Pista, next year the F430 successor and in 2009 the new Dino. Only chance that the successor of the midengined model will be presented later would be if they switched the presentation date with the Dino. But I don't think that will happen.

So by late 2008 new F430, which will give the Light Pista a production time similar to that of the Challenge Stradale.

I can't imagine that the 430 will have a only 4 years run, that would be VERY stupid of ferrari !

I hope my sources (straight from Modena )are right, and that it will be one year later than your sources ...

Imagine, delivery dates for the LP outside europe, and europe as well will be half 2008, and only six months later the successor. ........ (and please don't tell me the LP is another car)
    going the japanese way is NOT the way to go !!!!

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

I can't imagine that the 430 will have a only 4 years run, that would be VERY stupid of ferrari !

I hope my sources (straight from Modena )are right, and that it will be one year later than your sources ...

Imagine, delivery dates for the LP outside europe, and europe as well will be half 2008, and only six months later the successor. ........ (and please don't tell me the LP is another car)

Well, it has ever been the typical Ferrari model cycle. Take a look at the 348/355 or 550/575, the first version is produced 5 years, the second 4 years. So absolutely nothing special, if the F430 will be replaced in late 2008.

And concerning the Light Pista: the last cars of the Challenge Stradale were delivered to the customers when the F430 had already been on the market. So nothing new there again.

Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    I puted down a deposit 2 months ago for the F430LP and my dealer said hopefully wait 2 years for the car.

Any comments?

430 LP will arrive end 2007

And the 430 succesor end 2009. ie one new model per year as reported from the "Luca" interview at Geneva in March.

430 LP end 2007
    "Dino" end 2008
    430 successor end 2009

So Rossi, this is one model a year ....

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Well, it has ever been the typical Ferrari model cycle. Take a look at the 348/355 or 550/575, the first version is produced 5 years, the second 4 years. So absolutely nothing special, if the F430 will be replaced in late 2008.

And concerning the Light Pista: the last cars of the Challenge Stradale were delivered to the customers when the F430 had already been on the market. So nothing new there again.

2 comments to your otherwise meaningful reasoning :
    - you can't compare 348/355 with 550/575, the 575 is a facelift and technical revsion of the 550 (such as the 512TR to the Testarossa, or the 456 M to the 456GT), whereas the 348 and the 355 are two entirely different models.
    Fact is, it seems the lifespan of the 12-cylinder model is more or less 10 years (550 was launched in 97 and replaced in 2006, Testarossa carrier was even longer).
    -Agree Ferrari would rather marketing- and communicationwise present only one new model a year, but the 612 restyling has to fit in your time schedule, and this also seems to be imminent as we have already seen some test mules equipped with a whole set of sensors to test a new four-wheel drive system.

Quote:

My latest information says that the F430's model cycle will be longer than we all think. Car is selling well, the next year will be fully focussed on the new V8 front engined model, this US airbag issue isn't that bad (from what I've heard they are allowed to sell F430s in the US after 2008).

And the Light Pista will run 2 years.

IMO there won't be a F430 replacement before 2010.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

My latest information says that the F430's model cycle will be longer than we all think. Car is selling well, the next year will be fully focussed on the new V8 front engined model, this US airbag issue isn't that bad (from what I've heard they are allowed to sell F430s in the US after 2008).

Crossing my fingers for that! At least enjoying the F430 for the years ahead...

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    - you can't compare 348/355 with 550/575, the 575 is a facelift and technical revsion of the 550 (such as the 512TR to the Testarossa, or the 456 M to the 456GT), whereas the 348 and the 355 are two entirely different models.

The 355 was nothing more than an upgraded 348.
    It was based on the 348 chassis, with some minor cosmetic changes and a new engine. This situation is absolutely comparable to 430/360, as the 430 is the same upgrade to the 360.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:

The 355 was nothing more than an upgraded 348.
    It was based on the 348 chassis, with some minor cosmetic changes and a new engine. This situation is absolutely comparable to 430/360, as the 430 is the same upgrade to the 360.

I mistook the 355 for the 360

However, I still think my reasoning stands, as IMHO the 575 is a "mere" facelift of the 550, whereas the 355 is a new model, even though it is based on the 348 (same can be said re. 360/430).
    355 featured more than just "a few cometic changes" IMO, and also for the first time substantial technical innocation such as high-reving NA V8 or full aerodynamical streamline underbody...

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

Do you think it would be a good idea to change the F430 for a Light Pista and to change this one for the F430 successor once that model is available?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Do you think it would be a good idea to change the F430 for a Light Pista and to change this one for the F430 successor once that model is available?

If the F430 successor really comes around 2010 and if the resale value of V8 F's is still superior ... then it would be a nice idea!

I'm pretty sure that 5,000 to 10,000 additional V8 Ferraris per year will have at least a slight effect on the resale value of the existing V8 range. A lot of buyers don't care if it's front engined or whatever, as long as there are Scuderia shields somewhere.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

Still I don't believe it. Reason? The F430 is already now almost ten years old. Not that it's a bad car, quite the contrary. But development doesn't stand still. Drive a 599 and you know what I mean.
    If the F430 was really replaced in 2010, that would make it a more than twelve years old car, never before has there been such an old V8-model from Ferrari. And the competition doesn't sleep either: upgraded Gallardo with approximately 550 to 560hp, which means at least a 60hp advantage over its Ferrari rival. New GT2 from Porsche, with well above 500hp, also a power pack for the standard turbo should arrive soon. Then we will see the V10-R8 from Audi, which will at least match the 490hp of the F430. And I'm not speaking about the Corvette now.

So I really believe Ferrari simply has to change the F430, just to keep its (very important) V8-midengined model up to date.

And BTW, do you remember when Ferrari exchanged the 355 for the Modena? Before the 360 was presented nobody could understand why they already do so, nobody could imagine what they could improve at such a car like the 355. A fantastic car like the F355, that was still selling so strong. After Ferrari had introduced the 360, everybody was astonished how much better the Modena really was in comparison to the 355.

I just hope it won't be any bigger than it allready is.

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Still I don't believe it. Reason? The F430 is already now almost ten years old. Not that it's a bad car, quite the contrary. But development doesn't stand still. Drive a 599 and you know what I mean.
    If the F430 was really replaced in 2010, that would make it a more than twelve years old car, never before has there been such an old V8-model from Ferrari. And the competition doesn't sleep either: upgraded Gallardo with approximately 550 to 560hp, which means at least a 60hp advantage over its Ferrari rival. New GT2 from Porsche, with well above 500hp, also a power pack for the standard turbo should arrive soon. Then we will see the V10-R8 from Audi, which will at least match the 490hp of the F430. And I'm not speaking about the Corvette now.

So I really believe Ferrari simply has to change the F430, just to keep its (very important) V8-midengined model up to date.

And BTW, do you remember when Ferrari exchanged the 355 for the Modena? Before the 360 was presented nobody could understand why they already do so, nobody could imagine what they could improve at such a car like the 355. A fantastic car like the F355, that was still selling so strong. After Ferrari had introduced the 360, everybody was astonished how much better the Modena really was in comparison to the 355.

I completely agree to your points -- but not to the conclusion. And although I would still choose a F430 over a 997 Turbo/GT2 or a Gallardo, there's no doubt that the car is a 360 Modena Facelift with a great (the greatest?) engine. Yes, it's dating fast.

But...

- The Light Pista isn't even here yet -- and I heard of 2 yr production run.

- Front engined V8 model will be introduced in 2008 and will get massive media coverage. Launch another V8 range in the same year? Makes no sense to me!

- Facelift of 612S is imminent, F60 is around the corner, Ferrari's resources have limits.

IMO the "Dino" is the unofficial successor to the F430... in a way... front engine now? Did change from Testarossa to the 550 as well! How many of the 360/F430 buyers just want a flashy car for some showoff boulevard cruising... so a "Dino" with a metal folding roof at around 130K will be their choice!

The F430 will be continued, probably especially as LP and Spider and then be replaced in late 2009/2010 by a more extreme (and a lot more expensive) mid engined model.

One thing this thread fails to mention are spy pics?

1. Where are the spy pics of a F430 successor?

2. Where are the spy pics of the Dino?

3. Where are the spy pics of F60?

These will be all new cars. When you see a spy pics of any one of these cars, then that will be the next new Ferrari.

Usually when spy pics are taken that car is at least 2 years away from introduction. Which means, too be sure, the F430 sucessor is at a minimum 2 years away. Case closed!

Good points zzboba and svtrader1. Another thought is Luca stated that F will introduce a new car a year. So if the Dino is '08 that would possible leave the F540(or whatever) in late '09 or '10. They definitely won't cram more than one new car per year so IMO that leaves out '08 for a replacement but will open things up for the LP.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

I completely agree to your points -- but not to the conclusion. And although I would still choose a F430 over a 997 Turbo/GT2 or a Gallardo, there's no doubt that the car is a 360 Modena Facelift with a great (the greatest?) engine. Yes, it's dating fast.

But...

- The Light Pista isn't even here yet -- and I heard of 2 yr production run.

- Front engined V8 model will be introduced in 2008 and will get massive media coverage. Launch another V8 range in the same year? Makes no sense to me!

- Facelift of 612S is imminent, F60 is around the corner, Ferrari's resources have limits.

IMO the "Dino" is the unofficial successor to the F430... in a way... front engine now? Did change from Testarossa to the 550 as well! How many of the 360/F430 buyers just want a flashy car for some showoff boulevard cruising... so a "Dino" with a metal folding roof at around 130K will be their choice!

The F430 will be continued, probably especially as LP and Spider and then be replaced in late 2009/2010 by a more extreme (and a lot more expensive) mid engined model.

Seems like all the major repeat F buyers in US already have their 599s....are very pleased w/599 ....and are looking fwd to new tech advances of 430CS and Enzo 2.0 within next 12-24 mos.....

World is moving faster in terms of model cycles/tech product cycles than in DarkAnalogAges of 360/550, etc etc

Would argue SL55 of 5 yrs ago was a major prompt for F to engineer a daily-useable (esp for US urban/suburban commuting) 599 ....and I suspect future F's will entail further remarkable, daily-use perf/luxury cars....but, until F advances its ancient passive safety tech, those same major repeat F buyers will mysteriously use their humble CL63/65's 90% of time (incl wkends in mtn twisties ), no matter how spectacular 599/430CS/Enzo 2.0 may be on some mythical derestricted AB/NBR/flat, smooth track in perfect weather, w/no traffic/errant oncoming SUVs....

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

I agree & no way Ferrari is still manufacturing 430's in "2010" or even late 2009. The latest the new model is delivered to customers is late 2009. Just like the Challenge Stradale the LP will be manufactured for 1 year.

LP - Manufactured late 2007/early 2008 to late 2008/ Last deliveries early 2009
    New Model - early /mid 2009

Quote:
    zzboba said:

Who says that the new Dino will come that early? Perhaps the new small model is the car that will be introduced later. And concerning the 612, this facelift can be easily introduced, some minor changes here and there, a little bit more power, most probably even with the old V12 and not with the Enzo-V12 from the 599, that can be done without any further effort and next to a new model presentation.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688440 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408658 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255499 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234748 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65366 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857536 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773287 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM