Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I REALLY want a Ferrari. How can I get it at MSRP?

I've bought 06 Phantom, 05 SL55, 04 Cayenne Turbo, Continental GT, 996 Turbo, etc. at MSRP. How can I get an F430 or any new Ferrari for that matter at MSRP? Do I have to wait at least 2 years to get an F430 at MSRP? I live in Southern CA and the closest dealer (Beverly Hills) wants $80,000 over sticker for an 05 F430 Spider.

Also is it worth getting F430 now or better to wait for the new replacement in 18 mos. or so? I would appreciate your expertise/insights from all you Ferrari "pros."

Re: I REALLY want a Ferrari. How can I get it at MSRP?

a ferrari at msrp wothout waiting in socal is mission impossible IMO. you will only do right if you put a deposit for the 430 replacement

Agree, place a deposit for the F430 replacement!

Re: I REALLY want a Ferrari. How can I get it at M

Waiting is up to you. I think we'll be seeing $300K+ for the replacement at a fair market price. To get one at MSRP the dealer would make you buy something else first. Either way you end up paying for it.

Yes, there was a user here a couple of years ago, who put a deposit on the 360 replacement (the 430) and was the dirst in line at his dealer. So low and behold, the F430 comes out and he had mysteryously been bumped to the bottom of the waiting list. Just not worth it for a car. I've got a better idea. For the extra 80k they want for a 430 in SoCal, buy a small cottage in Germany, along with a 430 and keep it there for vacations.

Quote:
    Crash said:I've got a better idea. For the extra 80k they want for a 430 in SoCal, buy a small cottage in Germany, along with a 430 and keep it there for vacations.

Brilliant!

So SrfCity, if I buy the 05 F430 right now at 80K over sticker and put down deposit for F430 replacement, do you think I can get it at MSRP when it comes out? Will they allow me to keep doing that with new models in the future (every 5 or 6 years) if I get on the list each time?

You can get a EU spec 430 in Japan for USD 200,000 to USD 220,000 - any colour - pretty much all available! Thats with only upto 100 or 200 miles on the clock so litterally brand new! You can ship it over for about USD 2000.00 and the import paperwork is not as bad as you might think. Talk to an international removal company - they are better than freight forwarders sometimes.

Very short answer: NO.

Look at anything but a Ferrari, they are some nice alternatives.

80k over standar price????I can't believe it....

Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

Dealer's by me will not let anyone place a deposit for a replacement unless they're an exsiting customer. AKAIK it's the same deal where joo22us lives in Southern CA. I know it's a catch 22.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

Dealer's by me will not let anyone place a deposit for a replacement unless they're an exsiting customer. AKAIK it's the same deal where joo22us lives in Southern CA. I know it's a catch 22.

That's atrocious and obnoxious, and why one day I will buy a Lambo and not a Ferrari. Nothing against Ferraris or their owners, but the dealers that take your arm and leg along with your money.

80k over MSRP is actually cheap, around NYC think 100k + over...

Quote:
    joo22us said:
    So SrfCity, if I buy the 05 F430 right now at 80K over sticker and put down deposit for F430 replacement, do you think I can get it at MSRP when it comes out? Will they allow me to keep doing that with new models in the future (every 5 or 6 years) if I get on the list each time?

No guarantee, even if they tell you yes. FoNB(Newport Beach) claims that they're selling cars for market price. Even the people who were promised a car at MSRP are now getting boned. Although I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule. It's really a supply demand thing right now and dealers seem to be trying to get what they can depending on demand in their respective areas.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

That's atrocious and obnoxious, and why one day I will buy a Lambo and not a Ferrari. Nothing against Ferraris or their owners, but the dealers that take your arm and leg along with your money.

The Ferrari dealers do it because they can. The Ferrari market will bear it. On another note, here's the car that I'm looking at. I'm 99% sure I'll get it. Hopefully I can drive it by this weekend. http://ferraribeverlyhills.com/inventory.htm
    05 430 F1 SPIDER 144662 1,193 GRIGIO SILVERSTONE CUOIO

Quote:
    joo22us said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

The Ferrari dealers do it because they can. The Ferrari market will bear it. On another note, here's the car that I'm looking at. I'm 99% sure I'll get it. Hopefully I can drive it by this weekend. http://ferraribeverlyhills.com/inventory.htm

More power to you brother, if you've got the money, go for it. I understand its part of the Ferrari business, but that doesn't make it right. I guess I can't necessarily blame them if people are willing to pay it

On another note, Ferrari BH is the first exotic dealer i've ever seen that doesn't have 'enquire' under PRICE

Ponzi scheme.

Quote:
    joo22us said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

Wow, nice. It'll be interesting to see what you can get knocked off the asking. FWIW, a friend who was on his 3rd F-car from FoBH recently paid $130K over for his 599. That's an existing customer, so what's that tell you? He's supposedly on the list for the next Schmenzo replacement

BTW, before you hand over any dough see if they'll promise you the next car in writing

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Quote:
    joo22us said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

Wow, nice. It'll be interesting to see what you can get knocked off the asking. FWIW, a friend who was on his 3rd F-car from FoBH recently paid $130K over for his 599. That's an existing customer, so what's that tell you? He's supposedly on the list for the next Schmenzo replacement

BTW, before you hand over any dough see if they'll promise you the next car in writing

FoBH is willing to go down to 280,000. Any lower they said to take a walk, in nicer terms. I called 3 other dealers and they told me if I can get that 05 F430 with 1193 miles at 285,000, go ahead and get it because that's a helluva deal.

Actually as unbelievable and sickening as it may be, your friend got a "steal." 599's are going for 200k - 225K over MSRP. Dealers (who are lucky to have one) want 500k - 525k, NO NEGOTIATIONS!

Dumb. What makes them think that they won't eventually take a bath on this 12 cylinder? BTW, does your spider have the extra year of warranty? They added a year on most of them. That's nice peace of mind to have the extra year. Good luck with the car.

Know several guys (who buy new F's@MSRP every 6-12mos) who have gotten their 599s at MSRP in Greenwich/SF....they also tend to get new 65s every yr and prob absorb $80K in annual deprec on their 65s....and view both their new F's and 65s as worth every penny of total deprec/ownership costs....

Know one guy who needed to wait 12 mos to get his 599 @MSRP; grew impatient and bought one on secondary mkt for $500Kish to occupy him while waiting for his bespoke-spec 599....and logically observed that his "waiting-around" 599 will prob cost him only about as much in deprec for 6-12 mos as his '07 SL65 for similar time period/similar miles....

Gotta price value of one's time for waiting for a car (any car has a finite half-life in which its tech is truly cutting-edge) and what actual, total deprec/ownership costs will likely be....repeat F buyers in SF/Greenwich get their cars @MSRP and have $0 deprec costs....and (often overlapping) repeat 65 buyers in SF/Greenwich get early copies at MSRP....and absorb some $80K in one-yr deprec costs.....i.e., silly nominal games like MSRP vs mkt price may not accurately determine relative total ownership costs of 599 vs 65....

in the USA this particular overpriceded market is only for ferrari or also for porsche,lamborghini etc????

Quote:
    andrea said:
    in the USA this particular overpriceded market is only for ferrari or also for porsche,lamborghini etc????

Only Ferrari. Thank God.

The color you want is very nice and get it if the money doesn't bother you, BUT it seems to bother most other f car owners. I have been around many and most (owners of the current production models) wring their hands at what putting on the miles will do to their "investment".

Check out the mileage on those and most used f-cars. Seems that most who can afford the f-car game, can't afford to drive them much. Maybe you will be different. The blue maranello looked like a good buy if its had its service.

I wouldn't know, but aren't you getting near used CGT prices at 300K for a slightly used 430. That's hard to understand.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    The color you want is very nice and get it if the money doesn't bother you, BUT it seems to bother most other f car owners. I have been around many and most (owners of the current production models) wring their hands at what putting on the miles will do to their "investment".

Check out the mileage on those and most used f-cars. Seems that most who can afford the f-car game, can't afford to drive them much. Maybe you will be different. The blue maranello looked like a good buy if its had its service.

I wouldn't know, but aren't you getting near used CGT prices at 300K for a slightly used 430. That's hard to understand.

I really don't understand why people are prepared to pay that much over MSRP for a car. Understandable for limited production vehicles such as the Enzo, but an F430?

I was under the impression some dealers were willing to let you into their "family" if you flip the first car back to them....I had heard this about shelton, not sure its true..makes sense though, or did until they started selling new cars for over at some dealers...

I don't see the logic in paying over list for normal production cars - if you can't get one at a fair price then go to someone else who will accomodate you, e.g. Lamborghini... You may end up with a better car!

Quote:
    boytronic said:
    I don't see the logic in paying over list for normal production cars - if you can't get one at a fair price then go to someone else who will accomodate you, e.g. Lamborghini... You may end up with a better car!

As stated above in most cases you can pay over for an F-car and still come out better than you will with an L or P car at MSRP when it comes time to sell. It's the F mystique and marketing and we fall for it P are starting to play the same games here but people aren't really buying into it. The one's that do lose the premium in no time.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:

I think it's great. For once it's not about how much money over msrp you're willing to pay. My salesman is so funny he told me he picks who he wants to do business with that way he doesn't have aggravation dealing w/ a-holes. It's not about the money. I don't find anything "obnoxious" about their policy at all. "obnoxious" is the guy who's given 20 years worth of business to a Chevy dealer only to be charged over msrp for a Z06. Or bumped from a Z06 after being promised a Z06 because someone else is willing to pay more and I've heard many many stories of Chevy dealers doing this to existing customers. That's obnoxious. Or the Ford customer raped on a Ford GT. That to me is "obnoxious". With Ferrari since they don't/can't make money over msrp on new cars they treat their existing /good customers with the best cars at msrp. Existing customers basically drive these cars for free or make money in the exchange. Sounds more than fair to me.

I guess you're right though when it comes to new Ferrari customers having to pay over msrp for a used car but I can assure you every single car dealer in the world would be doing the same exact thing,,,if they could. The difference is w/ Ferrari w/ a new car it will always be at msrp vs every other car dealer which will charge you as much as they can possibly get away with........The trick is becoming an existing Ferrari customer. But will tell you there's guys who've never paid over sticker for new cars just need to know someone. I paid msrp for my Challenge Stradale (made $ after 2 yrs of ownership) and my F430.

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Quote:
    boytronic said:

As stated above in most cases you can pay over for an F-car and still come out better than you will with an L or P car at MSRP when it comes time to sell. It's the F mystique and marketing and we fall for it P are starting to play the same games here but people aren't really buying into it. The one's that do lose the premium in no time.

Exactly w/ Lambo you may get your first car at msrp or even less but then look what happens when you go to sell/trade. And that will happen w/ Lambo everytime you do a transaction, you'll lose money on every car you own. At least w/ Ferrari (if you can't get your first car at msrp) every car afterwards you can basically drive for free/or almost free/or even make $....... Big reason for biting the bullit on the 1st car. Besides everyone knows inside every lambo owner is really just a guy that really wanted a Ferrari but couldn't figure out the system.

ps: just kidding don't throw fruit at me.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762358 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260494 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257544 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80938 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872226 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807593 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM