Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Close shots black panamera on th road

Re: Close shots black panamera on th road

I really, really, really hope this car is diguised immensely, The shape is so disconcerting I cant really discribe it. Yuck!

Thanks for thew pics, Nice find

The pictures are a month old and the car isn't black, it's green.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The pictures are a month old and the car isn't black, it's green.

This thing will only come in one appropriate production color scheme " Fright Pig Metallic " : white exterior /pink interior .

Seriously, the shape is thickened by the panels, it's almost impossible to have a clue...

The car is far too camouflaged to be able to say anything about the look ..
    One will have to wait.... my feeling is that it will be great !

Spoiler seems to be ala Veyron type.

Re: Citroën DS 21?

Is Freeman Thomas or Jay Mays working for Porsche?

Those exhausts are puny!!! I really, seriously think Porsche is f*ck!ng up when they make slow cars... And yes, a Cayenne V6 is slow. The normally aspirated is too slow for a Porsche as well IMO. Porsches are supposed to be fun cars and what fun is there in being passed by a Mini Cooper S when your driving a PORSCHE that costs triple the ammount!?
    Makes me sooooo angry that Porsche are being so greedy. I'm 22 years so i 'missed' that era old but take me back to when they were struggling finacially but only made cars like the 993 Turbo and I'll be happy. They were still a Sports Car company back then. Now they just a company out to make $$$$... No arguing that when they do make cars like they'r supposed to (ala GT3), they'r still tops...

Rant over

Quote:
    BC911 said:
    Those exhausts are puny!!! I really, seriously think Porsche is f*ck!ng up when they make slow cars... And yes, a Cayenne V6 is slow. The normally aspirated is too slow for a Porsche as well IMO. Porsches are supposed to be fun cars and what fun is there in being passed by a Mini Cooper S when your driving a PORSCHE that costs triple the ammount!?
    Makes me sooooo angry that Porsche are being so greedy. I'm 22 years so i 'missed' that era old but take me back to when they were struggling finacially but only made cars like the 993 Turbo and I'll be happy. They were still a Sports Car company back then. Now they just a company out to make $$$$... No arguing that when they do make cars like they'r supposed to (ala GT3), they'r still tops...

Rant over

They should've just built the Cayenne Turbo, Carrera S, Coxster S and the most powerful Panamera. Anything less dilutes the brand.

Quote:
    Crash said:

They should've just built the Cayenne Turbo, Carrera S, Coxster S and the most powerful Panamera. Anything less dilutes the brand.

Too late for that my friend.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

You're not kidding! What horrifies me is that Nick's ranting, totally hyperbolic just a few years ago, is now actually beginning to make sense .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get a porsche for a reasonable price. You don't need to spend 100k to have fun with a car and thank god it's not the case. I know lots of members here have tons of money but not everyone on the planet could afford a cayenne turbo S.

A boxster, at 45-50K is a great package for that price. So yes you loose a bit of exclusivity, but I don't see more porsches than I used too. Maybe you guys do see lots of 911 and boxsters, but it's probably because you live in some top of the end area where everyone swims in a pool full of $100 bills.

If you want exclusivity, you can still fiand that in the porsche line-up. If you're not too happy about it and if youe're too snob to get a porsche, buy a ferrari.

Are you saying they shouldn't have built the 912? The 914? The 924? The 944 (or maybe just a the 944 turbo and not eh 944, S or S2?). Maybe the 356 should have just come as a 4 cam...

Porsche has ALWAYS built a more budget priced car(s) into their line-up. NOt just in the past 10 years but for their entire history! There is no reason that should ever stop. Porsche would have been broke countless times over if they hadn't... People historically buy an older one or an entry level porsche and then move up. It establishes the brand.

And for "Porsche chould only build high horsepower turbos" arguably one of the very best Porsche's ever produced, the 1980's Carrera had little more than 200hp but easily held its own against higher horsepower cars. THAT'S what Porsche is all about. Their niche cars, the Turbos, the GT3's the RS's are icing and eyecandy NOT the moneymakers!

Well said Mithras. A lot of people seem to look back on Porsche's history through rose tinted spectacles and somehow manage to airbrush out all thoughts of the "lower" powered cars that have always been in the line up.

Quote:
    Mithras said:
    Are you saying they shouldn't have built the 912? The 914? The 924? The 944 (or maybe just a the 944 turbo and not eh 944, S or S2?). Maybe the 356 should have just come as a 4 cam...

Porsche has ALWAYS built a more budget priced car(s) into their line-up. NOt just in the past 10 years but for their entire history! There is no reason that should ever stop. Porsche would have been broke countless times over if they hadn't... People historically buy an older one or an entry level porsche and then move up. It establishes the brand.

And for "Porsche chould only build high horsepower turbos" arguably one of the very best Porsche's ever produced, the 1980's Carrera had little more than 200hp but easily held its own against higher horsepower cars. THAT'S what Porsche is all about. Their niche cars, the Turbos, the GT3's the RS's are icing and eyecandy NOT the moneymakers!

Don't forget that the cars with 200 bhp also had power-to-weight ratios that rivaled those of modern Carreras. Sure, it's great that more people can enjoy Porsches, but a 2+ ton, 250 bhp SUV with a VW engine is diluting the brand and so are the base Coxsters. 240 bhp is hot-hatch territory, but you still have to pay much more. Smaller and cheaper cars are fine, but don't forget that Porsche was always ahead of the competition, while nowadays it isn't.

I agree with Mithras and amazon, and maybe crash is more upset with the image of certain models more than their price tag.

The 944 was a good sports car and marketed as a budget porsche (if such a thing exists) but marketed to men who wanted a porsche but couldn't afford anymore. The boxster was really marketed differently, more at women, (no offence to any owners) and the looks don't help.

The whole appraoch to the cayenne was a mistake. Lets hope they can succeed with the panamera.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    I agree with Mithras and amazon, and maybe crash is more upset with the image of certain models more than their price tag.

The 944 was a good sports car and marketed as a budget porsche (if such a thing exists) but marketed to men who wanted a porsche but couldn't afford anymore. The boxster was really marketed differently, more at women, (no offence to any owners) and the looks don't help.

The whole appraoch to the cayenne was a mistake. Lets hope they can succeed with the panamera.

Exactly - it's the image, not the price .

History keeps repeating itself over and over again , nothing new under the sun.
    Some of the statements being made here I have been hearing since over 30 years , they where the loudest with the launch of the 924.
    Porsche is Porsche , they now who they are but some have an overly romantic view of the brand. Porsche is not Ferrari and it's not their goal
    to become anything like the Italians. I think a Porsche is all about fun and driving and not about image and impressing other people.

I don't care anything about diluting the image.

As long as Porsche continues to produce cars or trucks that perform and handle better than its competitiors, I don't mind if my entire garage is filled with Porsche.

Quote:
    993S said:
    History keeps repeating itself over and over again , nothing new under the sun.
    Some of the statements being made here I have been hearing since over 30 years , they where the loudest with the launch of the 924.
    Porsche is Porsche , they now who they are but some have an overly romantic view of the brand. Porsche is not Ferrari and it's not their goal
    to become anything like the Italians. I think a Porsche is all about fun and driving and not about image and impressing other people.

I think the loadest was the 914 but then there was also the 912 and one lucky year, there was the 914 and 912E at the same time.

The 914 and 912 are before my time (was too young to comprehend image and diluting it). But that must have been a nightmare for the 'image people' back in the day.

Quote:
    993S said:
    The 914 and 912 are before my time (was too young to comprehend image and diluting it). But that must have been a nightmare for the 'image people' back in the day.

The 914 was an excellent car and was a load of fun, please do not critcize something you have not driven, even with the 1.8 l engine it was immense fun ...

catdog, I dont think he meant to criticize the 914.

He mentioned it in context of 911 owners being upset or being stuck up or snobbish prigs about it, and many PCA people were initially...even though the 914/4 was light years ahead of the 911 in handling, got 20mpg at a steady 120mph, had better aerodynamics, better feel at high speed, a free targa top,2 huge trunks and the biggest brakes of any production 2 seat car at the time.

And what was Herr Peich's (aka Mr.917) personal street Porsche then mmmm? A 911S? No. A 911 RS? Noooo. It was a 914 factory special with a Porsche Flat 8 of course.

And naturally...914/4's and 914/6s dominated the GTU and GTS classes and even placed 6th overall at LeMans during their era. And that record is something we are still waiting to see happen for the Boxster and Cayman.

a 4 door Porsche...man what is the world coming too

CarreraGTracer, they have been wanting to build a 4 door since 1962! Some of the first 901 prototypes were 4drs. Then there was the project 989, a four door sedan which never was built. Now they have the money so off they go to making 4dr sedans!

Quote:
    catdog said:
    The 914 was an excellent car and was a load of fun, please do not critcize something you have not driven, even with the 1.8 l engine it was immense fun ...

Wow , I would advice you to read this topic through and then reply accordingly.
    BTW , I owned a 914 and loved it !!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690401 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409703 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255934 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235187 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65639 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858362 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774618 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM