Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I am in love...

with this car...right now...
    don't ask me why, I just like it too much...

Re: I am in love...

Me too!!!

I feel reasons to awake the feeling are ovious!

Thanks for the pics!!

wow!, I think the expression is "that is one bass ass looking Porsche!"

I bet you're going to love these too.

Good looking Turbos

Guy's what are you smoking? That is one of worst modified kits I have seen in a long time. The front lower fender is totally out of proportion to the rest of the car. The car looks like it swallowed a whale. The back wing made to copy the GT2, looks like a ricer wing and a bad one at that.
    The side aero skirt is much to prominent and detracts from the lines of the car.

I understand Porsches are designed for function and not style but whoever did this to the car should be shot!

Quote:
    nberry said:

I understand Porsches are designed for function and not style but whoever did this to the car should be shot!

Besides this example of that 996TT (By the way, and for his owner, a fantastic creature)............

Style??? What is your concept of "Style"

For me (and many others), the word relates to an "elevated sense of aethetics and attitude", regadless the others opinnion. It's just a matter of your own satisfaction. It's a possition in front of life.

Porsches are designed for function and, as far as we do not have to demonstrate anything to the neighbourgs, also with style.

Real style has nothing to do with a "Show".

Just a serious design (ours has alredy lasted for a while), a serious product (need no further comments), and an unmachable price (beyond artificial "exclusivity").....Not to refer to performance!

Seriously talking, style is not fashion. Style is an attitude, and a serene looking...............

...........a gentleman does not ever desire the other's glance.

He desires his own satisfaction..................

All this said, also a Carrera owner can blow his imagination until the stratosphere..................still, style will normally be envolved, regardless he can "touch" the "limits"..........

With certain other cars, the "limits" are touched in the basic model (And, by the way,with very limited ways to go further towards the buyer's desires and peronal way of "facing" the car)

nberry,
    What are you smokin??? This is a great looking TechArt GT Street Porsche... I love the whole thing, esp the front grill (but, looks better without the carbon fiber trim).

Is it just me, are do you have more negative comments about Porsche than good ones???

This time i have to agree with Nick, it's overdone.
    It might be badass, but in a Mike Tyson way, brute and without any subtility and style

ahh its a dream come true

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Guy's what are you smoking? That is one of worst modified kits I have seen in a long time. The front lower fender is totally out of proportion to the rest of the car. The car looks like it swallowed a whale. The back wing made to copy the GT2, looks like a ricer wing and a bad one at that.
    The side aero skirt is much to prominent and detracts from the lines of the car.

pfew! I would really be worried if you would of liked it, would make me re-think my opinion ... "the back wing made to copy of the GT2" , it IS a GT2 nick

Quote:

As usual, you get caught up only with image when it comes to cars, but for others, like myself any many of the other members who posted in this thread, cars are more about the sporty-driving experience & performance it has to offer and this 620HP tunned GT2 FYI lapped the ring in 7:43 under the hands of Von Saurma which is faster than what he hymself was able to do in the carbonfiber-$$$-supercar Zonda. Is that "function" enough for you? and that "whoever" is none other that Techart BTW, heard of them?

Like I said, that car is a "bad ass", I rest my case

The GT2 did 7.46.
    Butt ugly spoilers and 200hp more account for just 3 seconds?
    The majority of tuners fail to deliver the promised performance, and ugly bodykits can't take its place.

When it comes to tuners (obviously, RUF aside). , i like Sportec. Tastefully modified exterior, and tuning based on racing experience.
    http://www.fast-autos.net/sportec/sportecsp650.html

Quote:
    brunner said:
    The GT2 did 7.46.
    The majority of tuners fail to deliver the promised performance, and ugly bodykits can't take its place.

When it comes to tuners (obviously, RUF aside). , i like Sportec. Tastefully modified exterior, and tuning based on racing experience.
    http://www.fast-autos.net/sportec/sportecsp650.html

Brunner,
    you should know better, you know how much is needed is to improve behond those numbers, dropping 3 seconds bellow the already extreme & track tunned GT2's 7:46 is really difficult, there is not that much left for improvement in that car.

And I'm sorry but when it comes to performance, Techart is one of the best tunners for Porsche, ever heard of the Tuner Grand Prix at Hockenheim? well, Techart usually dominates. And as a matter of fact last year they won with this precise car, with lap time of 1:09! which is the current lap record for street cars, how is that? When it comes to tunned versions, this is precisely the wrong car to pick on . Gemballa and RS tunning are also very fast too, but Sportec is, well... nice

This time I'm on nberry's side.

It may be extremely capable on the track, but it's ugly as hell. The "ricer" version of an originally beautiful car.

RG TL

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:
    The GT2 did 7.46.

Brunner,
    you should know better, you know how much is needed is to improve behond those numbers, dropping 3 seconds bellow the already extreme & track tunned GT2's 7:46 is really difficult, there is not that much left for improvement in that car.

That may be true, but still doesn't justify the ugly bodykit
    Dont tell me it has to look like a fish to be fast
    (and still, 200hp more for just 3 seconds?)
    And one more thing, how many of those who tune their cars at Techart do it to extract those elusive 3 seconds on 'ring?
    Or at least better performance all-around? 2-3%?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    That may be true, but still doesn't justify the ugly bodykit
    Dont tell me it has to look like a fish to be fast

that I can't argue with cause the looks are subjective , I really like the bodykit personally, but I can see how other people might not since its very agressive. And even though I think it looks awsome, its not a car I would drive myself since the looks are too attention grabbing and flashy for me and in terms of looks I like less conspicuos stock looks and options (performance is different).

I actually like it!

The only thing you can say is overdone in my opinion is the top of the spoiler in the middle, those airtakers suppose to create a small tornado, I guess :-)

is there an 'auto ignore' function available on this board ??

how can you criticise a man's true love ??

Quote:
    Tim said:
    This time I'm on nberry's side.

It may be extremely capable on the track, but it's ugly as hell. The "ricer" version of an originally beautiful car.

RG TL

Usually I don't like wings and spoilers too much but the GT Street is a beautiful car, I saw it in person several times and it just looks BRUTAL. Not to mention that it is brutally fast.
    To Nick: you have to see this car in person to be able to judge it. And I guess I should start argueing about the "feminine" design of the 360 Modena on the Ferrari Board.

Hehehe, over here when we say "brutal" it means the same as "bad" or "ugly".....not a good thing

Quote:
    E-man said:
    Hehehe, over here when we say "brutal" it means the same as "bad" or "ugly".....not a good thing

I think RC meant "brutal" as in "I'll eat your kids and run you off the road in style" The front really DOES send that message, doesn't it?

This car is ugly and I've seen it life too. Those spoilers and big wings are just plain bad taste.
    Leave it stock, it's way much better looking.

J.Seven

Quote:
    And I'm sorry but when it comes to performance, Techart is one of the best tunners for Porsche, ever heard of the Tuner Grand Prix at Hockenheim? well, Techart usually dominates. And as a matter of fact last year they won with this precise car, with lap time of 1:09! which is the current lap record for street cars, how is that?

The Techart car used to set that time had absolutely nothing to do with the product they sell to customers.

It was specially set up for this race and with substantially more HP than they say.
    It had R tires as well.
    Racing suspension.

Same goes for the Gemballa that did 7.32 on the Ring.

Racing suspension
    R tires
    870 HP !!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing in common with the cars they sell except the look maybe.

Pure marketing nothing else.

Quote:
    CF said:
    Quote:
    And I'm sorry but when it comes to performance, Techart is one of the best tunners for Porsche, ever heard of the Tuner Grand Prix at Hockenheim? well, Techart usually dominates. And as a matter of fact last year they won with this precise car, with lap time of 1:09! which is the current lap record for street cars, how is that?

The Techart car used to set that time had absolutely nothing to do with the product they sell to customers.

It was specially set up for this race and with substantially more HP than they say.
    It had R tires as well.
    Racing suspension.

Racing suspension
    R tires
    870 HP !!!!!!!

Sure its a competition and it was pampered by the mechanics, but so were the other tuners' cars, the point is, it won that car won competition under the same rules as everybody else.

Quote:
    CF said:

It had R tires as well.
    Racing suspension.

Racing suspension
    R tires
    870 HP !!!!!!!

So, if one day you decide to be very generous to me and buy me the Gemballa that made that lap time on the Ring, how can you get it, or can you get it?

Similar TechArt kit

Here are pics from someone who used to be on this board and added TechArt to thier C4S. I love the front grill

TechArt C4S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802568 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448361 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265912 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89910 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6387 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831999 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM