Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Z06 vs. my '05 C2S

Quote:
    loe said:

The Z06 is a finely honed Super-car For a reasonable price.. just shows that to make such a device, you don't have to charge 400K +

my advice: go make the extra 400k$ and you can buy the one of the BEST exotic sportscar in the world. (with a super big happy face when driving it)

whining about money/cost is getting boring to me.

make more, dont squeeze yourself.

Quote:
    Malmsteen said:

whining about money/cost is getting boring to me.

Agreed; that's what most all of the fuss about the Corvette is over: co$t$. Also, the argument always wiggles close to saying "Corvette is just as good as" the more expensive cars.

Quote:
    "pimp my vette" ride yeeeeehah

What are you talking about . The tread is about a person who likes a vette and that works for him. If someone likes a car that costs less who cares. Someone buying a vette for less money does not make me like my Porsche any less.

Quote:
    bstew said:
    Quote:
    "pimp my vette" ride yeeeeehah

What are you talking about . The tread is about a person who likes a vette and that works for him. If someone likes a car that costs less who cares. Someone buying a vette for less money does not make me like my Porsche any less.

Why dont you read the very fist post that started the thread, it was started with attitude. The Porsche / vette debates have been going on for 30 years or more, this is tame so far

Quote:
    chapse said:
    The Porsche / vette debates have been going on for 30 years or more, this is tame so far

What _really_ keeps them going has less to do with cars. Has to do with an individual's finances and the USA vs. Germany. There's lots of opportunity in there for the debate to rage on for decades and for people to get stressed out.

I believe it was Car and Driver or Motor Trend that said they have featured the Corvette vs. 911 8 times!! in their magazine. These cars have and always will be compared to each other simply because they are the two oldest sports cars available today.

rockhead, I see your point and you will be very happy with your choice because in the end it was YOUR choice. If you had gone the other way you would have been just as happy as long as it had been YOUR choice and not someone else's

Just got back from spring skiing in New Hampshire, it was great! Can't wait to start wake boarding and golfing this summer.
    I hate doing the same thing over and over.
    The Corvette made me grin more than my C2S. Can't wait to see or drive the next GT2. So many great cars.... thank God I didn't let a lot of your opinions deter my decision to get a Z06.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    How does the Z06 (GM's best) compare to the Porsche Turbo (Porsche's second best)?

It's always compared to lesser HP cars and still just"loses" on the grounds of being a "good value."

Why not compare it to the TT and "settle" the matter?

Otherwise, with the big HP advantage of the Corvette's V8, it's always about the cheaper car being almost "just as good as" the more expensive car.

Well the Z06 wins in every performance category if that's what you wanted to know. One of my good friends has a 996GT2 and it's not even really that close when we run wround together. My cars just faster in every way. But the GT2 is one very sweet ride.

"thank God I didn't let a lot of your opinions deter my decision to get a Z06."
    So when are you going to stop posting here and go take your smiles to a vette board ,, vroom vroom , bye bye

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    How does the Z06 (GM's best) compare to the Porsche Turbo (Porsche's second best)?

It's always compared to lesser HP cars and still just"loses" on the grounds of being a "good value."

Why not compare it to the TT and "settle" the matter?

Otherwise, with the big HP advantage of the Corvette's V8, it's always about the cheaper car being almost "just as good as" the more expensive car.

Well the Z06 wins in every performance category if that's what you wanted to know. One of my good friends has a 996GT2 and it's not even really that close when we run wround together. My cars just faster in every way. But the GT2 is one very sweet ride.

and the new 997 GT2 will eat the vette for breakfast

why do people still comparing present model to yesterday model?

Quote:
    chapse said:
    So when are you going to stop posting here and go take your smiles to a vette board ,, vroom vroom , bye bye

tockhead got OWNED!

After endless discussion on this topic it all boils down to personal preference. If you want a vette get a vette. Both are great cars, but I am bias. There is an innate quality in a porsche that you do not get in a vette. There are quite a few cars you can drive that are cheaper than a porsche and kill it in terms of performance. But I don't race my car everywhere I go. Porsches have plenty of performance and commands respect. You don't get that in a vette. Tell me the last time a vette drove next to you when ur in porsche and you were envious of him/her. Hasn't happen to me yet. A car is based on more than power. It's performance/handling, reliability, workmanship, asethitcs, and the most important the feel factor. Porsche earns high marks in all those points. And thats my two cents. If you wnat the Z06 get it. I think eventually you will regret it.

i don't the point of the post rockhead.. if you have already decided on a Z06 just get it

IMO it's clearly faster than C2S probably even an RS ..much more power/torque and lighter w/ probably stiff enough suspension..how it delivers the prformance and how it feels is the issue .. if you don't see that then that's probably not something you care about so just go for it!

rockhead, if you are happy after changing from a C2S to a Z06, then that's great. I'm genuinely happy for you.

Gentlemen, why is this discussion so competitive? Surely these are all just great cars offering different things each in their own way to different people for different prices? I would hope we could all just appreciate these cars for what they offer. If we each have the car(s) that suits our own individual needs, then surely that's enough?

rockhead, why would we "hate" you for changing from a C2S to a Z06? You're writing as though we each have some kind of 'tribal' loyalty to a brand and that we might resent you for 'defecting' to another brand. Huh???

We aren't disciples of a cult - we're just car enthusiasts!

On the day people start saying that the Porsche is "almost as good as a 'vette " , I'll buy the 'vette.

To show how nice I am to rockhead, he should go to http://www.spdkilz.com/videoaudio.php#C6%20Z06 , which will probably make him change his name to an orgasmic rockhard after viewing the "(1) C6 Z06 vs. Porsche 911 997 Turbo" video. Yup the 997TT lost (I think) but the best part is listening to the Z06 driver talking at the end , it is to funny, wonder if all vette drivers talk like that

PRICE, is what you pay, VALUE, is what you get!

69bossnine why are you alway such an a..hole on this forum. We can always count on you to chime in with something argumentative. If your like this at home I'll bet your wife can't stand you.

Quote:
    997man said:
    69bossnine why are you alway such an a..hole on this forum. We can always count on you to chime in with something argumentative. If your like this at home I'll bet your wife can't stand you.

That's a ridiculous childish comment. Get a clue.

Quote:
    997man said:

What are you talkin' about???

The Bossman always makes good points in very entertaining ways. He never means harm (I'm sure he'd never post such a dull and acrimonious post as yours), and he's one of the main reasons I visit here so often. I'm sure everybody else feels the same way.

Lighten up!

Quote:
    chapse said:
    To show how nice I am to rockhead, he should go to http://www.spdkilz.com/videoaudio.php#C6%20Z06 , which will probably make him change his name to an orgasmic rockhard after viewing the "(1) C6 Z06 vs. Porsche 911 997 Turbo" video. Yup the 997TT lost (I think) but the best part is listening to the Z06 driver talking at the end , it is to funny, wonder if all vette drivers talk like that

That particular driver posts on corvetteforum and he is actually from North Carolina so its not a stretch to think he'd speak with a southern accent.

The world continues to spin on its axis...and corvette/porsche comparisons continue to generate a lot of heat and light. Maybe we can give some of this thread's energy to Al Gore to help global warming so our cars won't be taxed out of existence (be they porsche or corvette--now that's a subject where a lot of energy needs to be forcefully applied to someone's rear end---but that's another subject).

FWIW, I own an 05 911 S Cab with about 20 K on it. I was down in Fort Myers, Florida at the airport earlier this month and I noticed that the local Hertz place rented 07 Corvette convertibles.

So for about $250/day (yeah, what was I thinking) I rented one. It was automatic with paddle shifts.

By and large, an interesting car. Fit and finish up to (or down to?) typical Detroit standards--but my 911 still continues to generate some new rattles (the newest over the rear left speaker enclosure), so I'm not sure what that means.

The car felt somewhat nimble, but heavy and ponderous at times--much heavier than a 911. I felt like I was in a boulevard cruiser. Quite a lot of power, as noted above. All electronic locks and a start button (no key needed)--typical faddish Detroit nonsense that is sure to break down sometime in the next month or so.

I'm not going to sit here and talk about 'Ring times, lateral skid pad comparisons, etc--I'm just a typical guy who likes high performance cars and has the car he's always wanted--a 911.

I tried a Corvette to see what all of the nonsense was about, and I still want my 911 at the end of the day. It handles better and feels more nimble to me.

For people who never have driven a 911, or for whatever reason don't want one, I can see buying a Corvette. These newest ones aren't that bad. If they could only make them without all of that stupid electronic crap...

Life is too short to be driving Chevys...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/...he-911-gt3.html

Here's the latest Corvette/Porsche comparison by Car & Driver, in case it hasn't been posted yet. The Z06 edged out the GT3 by one point (out of 200), but that was only because that Z06 scored 11 points higher in the price category. Otherwise the GT3 would have won by about 10 points. Bottom line: the testers said that for the money the Corvette couldn't be beat, but they'd rather own the Porsche if they could afford it.

Obviously, the GT3 costs about twice the Corvette. But I wonder if it's appropriate, really, to compare the top-of-the-line Corvette against a mid-range 911. That's what the C2S is now, when you consider the C4S, the GT3, and the Turbo, and probably the GT2 to come. It seems like a fairer comparision would be the base Corvette against the C2 or C2S.

Anyway, the Corvette seems like a great car. If I weren't such a dyed-in-the-wool Porsche guy, I might try one. Like has been said repeatedly above, it all depends on what you want. Enjoy your Corvette!

Quote:
    chipper said:

It seems like a fairer comparision would be the base Corvette against the C2 or C2S.

Road&track magazine compared the two machines, the 911 won.
    "The 911 Carrera S is simply the better sports car. At any price."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0501_sport_coupe_comparison/chassis.html

Quote:
    chapse said:

I said it before and I will say it again. Anyone looking for a vette, porsche, or any car for that matter. Go drive it yourself and buy the one you like. You can always find a mag that says the car you like is better or the other car is better. Also posting on a porsche board means most of the people here will say the porsche is the best no matter what. If you post on a vette board then most of the people there will say the vette is the best.

For me I could care less what people think as I drive the car and buy the car I like. There is no way I would buy a car based on what a mag says. Remember the mags are for entertainment. If you buy a car based on what a mag says and you later don't agree with it, what will the mag do? Your best bet is to drive and buy what you like and enjoy.

Quote:
    997man said:

No personal attacks will be tolerated here, so choose your words more wisely from now on please.
    Lets all keep this thread clean and respectful. Thank you.

Quote:
    GA997S said:
    Quote:
    997man said:

That's a ridiculous childish comment. Get a clue.

Agree 100%; any _personal_ attack is total BS and always completely unwelcome.

Not only that but 69Bossnine consistently well-informed and fun to be around.

Quote:
    mike11 said:
    Quote:
    chipper said:

It seems like a fairer comparision would be the base Corvette against the C2 or C2S.

Road&track magazine compared the two machines, the 911 won.
    "The 911 Carrera S is simply the better sports car. At any price."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0501_sport_coupe_comparison/chassis.html

If Road&Track says it then it must be true (unless they write a bad review of a Porsche)

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    chapse said:

That particular driver posts on corvetteforum and he is actually from North Carolina so its not a stretch to think he'd speak with a southern accent.

Sorry if I was misinterpreted, the funny part was the way the driver was dissing the turbo, had nothing to do with the accent.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776790 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441547 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262694 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260836 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85105 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5514 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880547 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815680 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM