Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997 turbo cabrio

How can you all tell its Atlas?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Actually, it is Atlas Grey...

Damn! Atlas Grey looks good when it looks exactly like Black! Arggghhh!!

some new pictures of the cabrio.... hope it is not a repost

2/

4 I know this is two times but just in case someone it is not checking the 997 board....

That's definitely a good way to avoid using those black masking tape, just let it get dirty!

Quote:
    silverrules said:

Guess he must have some info. cause I can't tell from the pic.s

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    That's definitely a good way to avoid using those black masking tape, just let it get dirty!

I thought this might be a new Exclusive paint option...

Talked with the Generel manager toaday and he assured me the 3rd spot for the TT cab from his allocation. The 1st one goes to the owner, 2nd is for him and 3rd will be mine. He said to expect the allocation to be available around sept and delivery before the year end. Wonder if there will be a PDK??? This year Will be one long year. This car is definitely a keepr

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Talked with the Generel manager toaday and he assured me the 3rd spot for the TT cab from his allocation. The 1st one goes to the owner, 2nd is for him and 3rd will be mine. He said to expect the allocation to be available around sept and delivery before the year end. Wonder if there will be a PDK??? This year Will be one long year. This car is definitely a keepr

Great news but it's a pity they start delivery for a new cab in December.

Rossi, I keep asking the same question !!! Why the hell release a cab in the middle of winter? TT coupe sale is good and they dont want to disrupt the line right now. Sell all the coups between now and August shut down and release the cab after they get back from their LONG summer vacation.

Quote:
    silverrules said:

You must be a very important customer of theirs. I imagine they had to have at least one customer's deposit for the turbo cab already. Especially in California. Hell, I put down my turbo cab deposit 2 years ago. Excellent news silver, you're getting black right? Triple black/ PCCB? I'm debating now whether to go w/ Basalt instead of Artic like I have now. I've been wondering the same thing about PDK and feel exactly the same, for me this car is going to be a keeper. I'm going to option it accordingly. The thing that I'm un-sure about is what to do if PDK is around the corner from the turbo cab's launch, do I give up my #1 spot and wait a bit for PDK? I'm leaning towards waiting a little longer if necessary, which hopefully it wont be. Perhaps they'll get the heat issues solved & PDK will be available by the turbo cab's launch. It's going to be one sick ride that's for sure, can't wait.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Rossi, I keep asking the same question !!! Why the hell release a cab in the middle of winter? TT coupe sale is good and they dont want to disrupt the line right now. Sell all the coups between now and August shut down and release the cab after they get back from their LONG summer vacation.

I guess there must be reasons for the later launch. I'm sure if they were able to launch the car in the summer they would. Must be a good reason/reasons for not being able to. It's also a negative regarding trade in value, the market isn't as strong for trades especially cab trades in December/January.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

You guys need to buy some new monitors, or turn the contrast higher

Look at the difference in (black) color between the softtop and the body on the rear view picture I posted. You can see that the body is a bit too grey to be black. But it's very close....

I have the number one spot at my dealer. I'm told that the launch cars are June production with delivery in Aug.

I'm going GT silver, natural grey, painted seat backs and center console, PCCB. Should be a nice car.

I also think that's black in the photos.

Re: new pictures

new pictures..hope is not a repost

thanks to auto-news.de and autozeitung

ciaoo

i like how they try to cover up the turbo badge. Reminds of something a child would do, like cover their wall scribblings with a painting.

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

You guys need to buy some new monitors, or turn the contrast higher

Look at the difference in (black) color between the softtop and the body on the rear view picture I posted. You can see that the body is a bit too grey to be black. But it's very close....

Dun no temm, my monitors are pretty good & still think it looks like basalt black but someone said it's Atlas so...

Quote:
    Bluehinder said:
    I have the number one spot at my dealer. I'm told that the launch cars are June production with delivery in Aug.

I'm going GT silver, natural grey, painted seat backs and center console, PCCB. Should be a nice car.

I also think that's black in the photos.

Congrats. turbo w/ PCCB's is the way to go imho.

Awesome pics Darius, new to me. thanks for them. Car looks crazy good....from all angles. For me, besides the CGT this is THE Porsche to have.

Basalt, natural brown. But I will wat until: PDK + bluetooth + iPod

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

You must be a very important customer of theirs. I imagine they had to have at least one customer's deposit for the turbo cab already. Especially in California. Hell, I put down my turbo cab deposit 2 years ago. Excellent news silver, you're getting black right? Triple black/ PCCB? I'm debating now whether to go w/ Basalt instead of Artic like I have now. I've been wondering the same thing about PDK and feel exactly the same, for me this car is going to be a keeper. I'm going to option it accordingly. The thing that I'm un-sure about is what to do if PDK is around the corner from the turbo cab's launch, do I give up my #1 spot and wait a bit for PDK? I'm leaning towards waiting a little longer if necessary, which hopefully it wont be. Perhaps they'll get the heat issues solved & PDK will be available by the turbo cab's launch. It's going to be one sick ride that's for sure, can't wait.

Hey Stradale, I have become sort of friend with the GM and he gave me his word after selling my white TT that I can have a Turbo anytime. Well I called him after 2 weeks of selling my TT (can't stand being without the TT) and he stuck to his word and moved me up the ladder. They always prefer local buyers over remote. He is a very, very nice guy which is hard to find these days in car biz. I am seriosly debating between Atlas grey/black int, black top or black on black or Basalt on black. Top will probably be black on all 3 options.

What do you think of Atlas with blue int & blue top?

Quote:
    Super Darius said:

ciaoo

Thanks Darius

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

I guess there must be reasons for the later launch. I'm sure if they were able to launch the car in the summer they would. Must be a good reason/reasons for not being able to. It's also a negative regarding trade in value, the market isn't as strong for trades especially cab trades in December/January.

Wonder if PDk is the cause of the delay? Good point on trade in Greg. Better sell my c2s cab during summer, ha?

grazie Dario

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Hey Stradale, I have become sort of friend with the GM and he gave me his word after selling my white TT that I can have a Turbo anytime. Well I called him after 2 weeks of selling my TT (can't stand being without the TT) and he stuck to his word and moved me up the ladder. They always prefer local buyers over remote. He is a very, very nice guy which is hard to find these days in car biz. I am seriosly debating between Atlas grey/black int, black top or black on black or Basalt on black. Top will probably be black on all 3 options.

What do you think of Atlas with blue int & blue top?

Having a good contact at the dealer goes a loooooong way. I've dealt w/ all types and feel now I've finally got a guy that I'm really happy with. Porsche nut too, 997 turbo owner..........I'm not a fan of blue, the black just looks more serious, sharper to me. The triple black/ or triple black w/ basalt is the way I'd go.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Wonder if PDk is the cause of the delay? Good point on trade in Greg. Better sell my c2s cab during summer, ha?

In Cali I wouldn't worry about the cabs seasonality as much. In NY it can make a small difference. Besides I would hold onto your S cab until you take delivery of your turbo cab.

Quote:
    Super Darius said:

Great pic's... Any dates of Turbo Cab comes true official?

ciaoo

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????

LED or bulb?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688542 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408695 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234777 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65393 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857577 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773365 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM