Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Spring Photos

Beautiful weather here this weekend. Went out and took some photos with my new Nikon D80 and played around with Apple's Aperture for image adjustments. This is fun, but more practise needed

Re: Spring Photos

...another one...

...last one.

Great pics. The mark under your front number plate proves that you just killed one of the first mosquitos of Summer 07 in Zurich.

By the way - are you happy with the service of AMAG Riesbach ?

Your car looks great with the -35mm H&R suspension Any words on the drive feeling compared to the stock suspesnion would be appreciated
    Thanks for posting the beautiful pics
    Weather forcecast over here for tomorrow is blue sky and 16*C Just the right weather to enjoy the Boxey with the top down
    Just one thing: you should see a veterinarian - the horse seems to be incontinent

How do you like your D80??? Should be picking one up in the next few days but not sure which lens to get it with..

Nice pics by the way!!

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    How do you like your D80??? Should be picking one up in the next few days but not sure which lens to get it with..

Nice pics by the way!!

I just changed from a Canon 350D to a D80 and am well impressed. The camera's menu system is so much better - pics are also superb.

Was gonna go for the zoom kit with 135mm, but opted for body only and the much raved about 18-200mm VR. Reasons for my choice:

- Wanted a resonably compact 1-lense solution
    - Wanted Image stabiliser for low-light non-flash portraits
    - Optically its a great lens

Thanks guys!

Quote:
    Nightshade_one said:
    ...are you happy with the service of AMAG Riesbach ?

Yes, I am very happy with the service from AMAG Riesbach, but some friends of mine are less impressed. Guess it depends on who you have been dealing with and if they woke up on the wrong side that day...

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    Any words on the drive feeling compared to the stock suspension...

Yes, two words: it rocks! Seriously, it is a huge improvement over the stock suspension. It is very firm, it feels like the car is glued to the road and there is almost no lateral movement when cornering. I changed to 19", H&R springs and Short Shifter in one go and I could believe it was the same car I had handed in to the workshop two days earlier. In addition, it also looks much more aggressive.

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    How do you like your D80?

I really like it. Very easy to use, switch on and fire off in full auto-mode, yet it offers a vast range of advanced settings if you don't want auto-mode. Photo quality is amazing.

Thanks Bluelines,

It looks great.... I am back from the mountains and enjoying the weatehr down here too. I might put back my summer tyres next week.

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    Any words on the drive feeling compared to the stock suspension...

Yes, two words: it rocks! Seriously, it is a huge improvement over the stock suspension. It is very firm, it feels like the car is glued to the road and there is almost no lateral movement when cornering. I changed to 19", H&R springs and Short Shifter in one go and I could believe it was the same car I had handed in to the workshop two days earlier. In addition, it also looks much more aggressive.

Thanks for your report Are you comparing the H&R with stock or PASM Overall I'm still quite happy with the PASM (after 22k km), but I hear from buddies who did the PSS9 or the H&R concersion that both would make the car even "sharper" when cornering. I guess I've to testdrive one of these

Quote:
    xbox said:
    Quote:
    RichJ said:

Nice pics by the way!!

I just changed from a Canon 350D to a D80 and am well impressed. The camera's menu system is so much better - pics are also superb.

Was gonna go for the zoom kit with 135mm, but opted for body only and the much raved about 18-200mm VR. Reasons for my choice:

I second that.. I've got the same setup (D80+18-200vr) and the results are truly amazing. Also bought a 50mm/1.4D and the photos with that lens are more sharp than the zoom-lens. Great for portrait-photos and such

Bluelines, great pics by the way!! Looks like you had a fantastic day out there... Spring has arrived in Stockholm this weekend as well.. we had 12 degrees today

BTW I had a blast today enjoying a spirited drive with some 15 P-buddies (from 2.4 911 to Speedster to 964 Turbo to 997 - just all of them) Thought I'd share some pics as this is the "Spring Photos" thread - hope you don't mind
    It's a crap camera but I thought the spirit counts

Some P-nuts enjoying the first Spring spin

The grey rear of my baby submerging into the crowd of colourful butts

Quote:
    xbox said:
    Quote:
    RichJ said:

Nice pics by the way!!

I also have the 18-200mm VR and it's a great travelling lens.

However, it can't do macro and it's not as fast or sharp as a F1.4 50mm....

Most impressive to follow these two Oldies for 100 km winding countryroads. It's so amazing what these babies are still capable of - the sawing sound, the smell (no cats ), the cornering speed and even the straightline performance (in the countryroad speed range at least) is most impressive if you consider that it's 35 years old technology I guess 1,000 kg curbweight really can make a difference Of course the drivers judged the afternoon as "work behind the wheel" but sometimes even work can be fun

Last Spring pic for today: my baby at the meadows flooded by the Rhine River nearby my place
    /uploads/328678-kämpe-1.jpg

Many thanks for sharing your day with us. Our South of England Rennteam Meets seem to have died, unfortunately, not helped by one of us defaulting from Porsche to a Fast Ford Hatchback. Yes I know as of today it's not a Ford any more.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Our South of England Rennteam Meets seem to have died, unfortunately, not helped by one of us defaulting from Porsche to a Fast Ford Hatchback.

Sorry to hear that There's nothing like playing around with a bunch of other P-nuts Maybe we can have a mini Rennteam meeting later this year in June
    Fast Ford Hatchback - haha, I know someone who wouldn't be too happy with with this description of his car

But maybe he'll come back one day - once the P-bug bites you, the disease won't go away (there is no medication against it - not even this admittedly beautiful hatchback)

Thanks for the photos! Those oldies look great

Yes, lets arrange a Rennteam meeting in the summer

Quote:
    bluelines said:

Yes, lets arrange a Rennteam meeting in the summer

My mini Rennteam meeting remark was referring to a driving holiday in England which is scheduled for the second half of June Of course the alpine region always is worth to go there for a prolonged weekend or so (it's a quick drive via the Autobahn, as long as the green politicians don't prevail with their crazy idea of a general speed limit )

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Maybe we can have a mini Rennteam meeting later this year in June

Definitely. There are old and new faces around, I'll put up an invite by Rennteam-post nearer the time

Here are some of my spring photos.

Another

Another one

Thanks! Yellow looks good!

Hmm, the front on the base Boxster looks much better than the Boxster S. That stupid FAKE air intake on the Boxster S does not serve any purpose.

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Hmm, the front on the base Boxster looks much better than the Boxster S. That stupid FAKE air intake on the Boxster S does not serve any purpose.

I agree - the impression is even stronger if you see the cars without front numberplates on the road. I've been impressed how much better the Boxster 2.7 is looking without the front numberplate, when I saw one for the first time in LA (btw that was also a Speed Yellow one). Of course we know the look from the showrooms, but in its natural habitat it looks even better. Perhaps I should order my next car with the "skip the fake intake" option and get an US registration

@ timlb: great pics - thanks for sharing with us Your car looks sharp Ehem...your house is also very nice

Thanks, the front does look better without the intake but I believe the "fake intake" provides more down force. I do believe that is the function. You can see the drag coef. is better on the base boxster vs the S.

Thank you all for the nice pics

Spring has arrived in Norway as well

And finally it's (barely) warm enough for some top down drving

Funny what you call Spring with all the remaining snow, Temm
    We had 19*C over here today - I just love it
    Enjoy the Boxster I was so happy to switch to the 19" summer tires this week

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689613 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409256 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255761 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235002 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65525 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858011 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774066 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM