Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

GT2 ?

I want to know your thought about the 997 GT2.

I know it is not yet in the market, but you can almost guess the spec and price.

I love the GT2 and I am planning to buy one in the future. But I not sure does it worth it, especially I guess the motors are almost the same as the TT and the chassis are similar to the RS. Plus, the resell value is not strong.

For the new GT2 price, I guess I can buy a new Ferrari F430 race model. Which is around 530hp from a V8 NA motor.

Do you perfer the F430 CS or the new GT2 and why?

Re: GT2 ?

f430cs specs are known(525hp,475nm,-100kg), we still have to know gt2 specs

what is your guess about the GT2?

515-525hp,680-700nm

IMO the GT2 at least 550hp

I read in a magazine that it's expected to have about 550HP 0-62 3.5sec, top speed around 205+mph...

I'm a huge fan of the GT2 as well but still it's too early to know what both cars will be like...time will tell...

however at IAA 07 we will have all info

Any idea whhat the new GT2 will cost?

Mike

around Euro 200.000

Woo...the 530hp Lambo superleggera looks great!

Hopefully, the GT2 will be faster than that.

I believe the 430 CS will be F1 while the GT2 more than likely will be manual. If I had to guess based purely on performance, the GT2 will be better. However,if the past is any indication the GT2 resale value will tank whereas the Ferrari will remain at MSRP. I also believe the GT2 will be priced higher.

Don't forget it will look like any other Porsche to the untrained eye with a whale tail on the back.The Ferrari is far better looking and sexier.

Finally, though faster, the GT2 is difficult to manage/drive at speed compared to the CS. British car magazines have dubbed the GT2 "widowmaker".

As far has decision go, this one is relatively easy.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I believe the 430 CS will be F1 while the GT2 more than likely will be manual. If I had to guess based purely on performance, the GT2 will be better. However,if the past is any indication the GT2 resale value will tank whereas the Ferrari will remain at MSRP. I also believe the GT2 will be priced higher.

Don't forget it will look like any other Porsche to the untrained eye with a whale tail on the back.The Ferrari is far better looking and sexier.

Finally, though faster, the GT2 is difficult to manage/drive at speed compared to the CS. British car magazines have dubbed the GT2 "widowmaker".

If you search for pure emotion on your hand you have to choose the GT2,this is the big Beast.f430 light will be very fast but surely not as gt2.the gt2 has a different target for different driver(prof drivers to reach 100% from the car),no PSM.F430 Light will cost around 200k Euro ,gt2 will be around the same price,perhaps a little more

Quote:
    nberry said:

Decision?

430CS....430CS my brain want a 430CS

And my heart want an all Black GT2.....

Quote:
    andrea said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

If you search for pure emotion on your hand you have to choose the GT2,this is the big Beast.f430 light will be very fast but surely not as gt2.the gt2 has a different target for different driver(prof drivers to reach 100% from the car),no PSM.F430 Light will cost around 200k Euro ,gt2 will be around the same price,perhaps a little more

Are sure no PSM for the new GT2?

I have heard TC.

Isn't PSM = TC?

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    andrea said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Are sure no PSM for the new GT2?

I have heard TC.

Isn't PSM = TC?

Porsche Stability Management - Traction Control

One saves your butt, the other saves your tyres .

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Decision?

When you buy a car usually you feel the heart.so GT2

Thanks...

I think the TC would help the GT2 to improve lap time!

Cool...saves your tyres just like the TC in F1.

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Decision?

If money isn't an issue (possible huge depreciation on the GT2), you are a very accomplished driver (read professional)and performance is all that matters, then buy the GT2.

On the other hand, if you want pure driving enjoyment whether on a street or track which holds value get the 430CS.

BTW, there is a big difference between PSM and traction control especially concerning safety. So much so that Electronic Stability Management Devices may be required on all cars built or shipped to the US in the near future.

Thanks for the comments...

Can't wait until Sep, I want to know the specs of both cars!

Right now, I love the GT2 more than the CS.

By the way, how does the PSM and TC works?

I believe Gt2 will be better than the 430 Light pista.
    The feeling in the Ferrari would be perfect like racing car all carbon with 599's F1 and maybe suspension,for sure it will have better sound But Gt2 Pdk or not will be the pure Hardcore car. Also in Greek roads which are not so good I prefer the Gt2 than the light pista.
    On the other hand the light pista is much more beautiful..

From my information the GT2 will be Manual only with TC and 530hp. The same idea with the 996 Gt2. Both cars will come out together. Probably very end of 2007

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    The feeling in the Ferrari would be perfect like racing car all carbon with 599's F1 and maybe suspension,for sure it will have better sound But Gt2 Pdk or not will be the pure Hardcore car. Also in Greek roads which are not so good I prefer the Gt2 than the light pista.

Sure, Ferrari's are beautiful.

But only the F40 is timeless like the 911 IMO.

All other Ferrari looks old/outdated once the new one came out. But anyway, it will hold the value pretty well.

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

All other Ferrari looks old/outdated once the new one came out. But anyway, it will hold the value pretty well.

Are you sure about that? testarossa, BB, Daytona, 250GT/L, LM, GTO etc. etc. These are true milestones in car design. Germany (i.e. Porsche) has only one comparable success: the 911. And the 911 has not changed a lot for over 40 years...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

Are you sure about that? testarossa, BB, Daytona, 250GT/L, LM, GTO etc. etc. These are true milestones in car design. Germany (i.e. Porsche) has only one comparable success: the 911. And the 911 has not changed a lot for over 40 years...

This is an other issue where you are right. When the F430 succesor will be out it will be a TOTALY different car in appearance.. F430 Light pista will be too much "Modena" like my F430. So It will become really old in appearance very soon..
    On the other hand the new 998 will be about the same (If we see history) The main problem though is that the new 998 will be PDK for sure...
    F430 light pista will have already a very very good gearbox.. 997 Gt2 on the other hand NO...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

All those cars above are nice but old and you know it is outdated and Ferrari won't use those design anymore. If Ferrari turn out something like a upgraded version F40, I am more than happy to own one. Just like the GT2, 993,996 and 997 keep going on.

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

This is an other issue where you are right. When the F430 succesor will be out it will be a TOTALY different car in appearance.. F430 Light pista will be too much "Modena" like my F430. So It will become really old in appearance very soon..
    On the other hand the new 998 will be about the same (If we see history) The main problem though is that the new 998 will be PDK for sure...
    F430 light pista will have already a very very good gearbox.. 997 Gt2 on the other hand NO...

That's the point, if I brought the GT2 than I am going transfer my deposit to the F430 successor.

Lucky, I just want a manuel gear box for my GT2. If there is PDK, I still want the manuel. And I will keep it for a long time.

Nowadays, most high performance cars are designed to use F1, PDK, DSG etc. Just like Ferrari, I won't buy a F car with manual. To me GT2 is another story.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

interesting discussion but need to mention, 928 is timeless and was more of a design statement.

hopefully porsche will add a soundtrack to the gt2

Hopefully porsche will redeem themselves and the GT marque with the GT2, but probably not.

Power has been endlessly speculated upon, most reputable sources put it around 530 no higher... Don't expect too much.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Hopefully porsche will redeem themselves and the GT marque with the GT2, but probably not.

Power has been endlessly speculated upon, most reputable sources put it around 530 no higher... Don't expect too much.

Let's hope for the best.

I don't think there are any reputable sources.

Everyone are just guessing.

IMO, the CGT is not in the production line now and the competitors are having massive hp. So I think Porsche will boost up the hp in the new flagship GT2, just like what they did to the CGT vs Enzo. The GT2 competitors are F599 and LP640. Both are 600hp + monsters.

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

IMO, the CGT is not in the production line now and the competitors are having massive hp. So I think Porsche will boost up the hp in the new flagship GT2, just like what they did to the CGT vs Enzo. The GT2 competitors are F599 and LP640. Both are 600hp + monsters.

Unfortunately, your view is in contrast to Porsche's step-by-step strategy of recent years. The chances that the 997GT2 will get more than 53x hp are less than 1 in a 1000

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

Let's hope for the best.

I don't think there are any reputable sources.

Everyone are just guessing.

more HP means more weight for stronger parts, stronger breaks, ...
    Porsche is going a different way, buy trying to keep the weight, thus you don't need so much more HP to be fast on tracks. Straight forward performance is a different story. Here in Europe we care more about track performance then straight forward performance.

AM

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776672 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441505 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262671 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260803 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85082 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880516 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815639 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM