Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: new maser coupe is here!

First Maserati which looks great... I dont like Quatroporte design, and Maserati Coupe / spyder doesnt look remarkable - someone who dont know cars will not not that Coupe is anything special. But interior is great, my friend got spyder cambiocorsa and I couldnt belive that menu on display had Slovenian language. This even BMW, Mercedes, Audi (which are very frequent brands here) doesnt have. And this V8 engine sounds really great. Only exterior design they had to improve and with new GranTurismo they did great job on this area. There are some similarities with RX8 at the front, but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car...

Is price range already known ?

Shakal wrote: "...but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car..."
    Really? Look at the 911 and you will see a car which doesn't have any similarities to other cars.
    The Maserati Gran Turismo looks very good but the 911 is the unbeaten design-champion. The original.

Quote:
    farina said:
    Shakal wrote: "...but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car..."
    Really? Look at the 911 and you will see a car which doesn't have any similarities to other cars.
    The Maserati Gran Turismo looks very good but the 911 is the unbeaten design-champion. The original.

Porsche`s design is evolution and not revolution. That means 998 problably wont look very different to 997, just a little more fresh. And because of this, Porsche`s design is more discernible than any other car. And this is reasion why Porsche doesnt have similarities with other cars, because they stick to their original design ; and all other manufactures changing design.

I think we should wait till we can see the car in the flesh! The QP didnt look that great in the pics but in the flesh, it looked above and beyond!!

Patience my friends

this looks really nice ...a perfect maserati style, agressive but classic, it's the perfect fusion between style and prestanda, and you have 4 seats if it's true that the car is almost 5 meter long!!!!!!! this is a MB CL bmw & and jaguar competitor.....
    I love it..... this is no sport car like 911, but a perfect GT car with comfort and style...

i guess its ok...i wish maserati would draw some inspiration from some of the stunning cars of the 1950's...the ag6 zagato comes to mind.. but then compared to the 70's- 80's fright pigs this is better

Superb looking. Really highlights how aged the current Coupe looks...

Ugly!!! Looks like the las car from Peugeot!!! And I have already see it for real and it is not a nice car. Looks cheap and bad made.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Ugly!!! Looks like the las car from Peugeot!!! And I have already see it for real and it is not a nice car. Looks cheap and bad made.

Harsh words from someone who has seen the car in flesh...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Harsh words from someone who has seen the car in flesh...

But where?

where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????

Love the styling cues from the Birdcage. A bit boring though , no passion.

Quote:
    xander71 said:
    where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????

Let's just say that because of my job I got to see some of the new cars coming from Fiat group before they come out.... sorry can't tell you more.... I'll loose my job, just that the car is really not beautiful the whay that italian cars used to be..for me it is a dissapointment.. just look at the dimesnions of the wheel arches, are bigger than the tyres section (with time I will made a photosop to explain better) and the front end where the lights and nose look like they have been designed after a night in the pub!...and is the same opinion of fellow coleagues working with me. See it in Geneva next month and if you like it go on buy it!

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:

Let's just say that because of my job I got to see some of the new cars coming from Fiat group before they come out.... sorry can't tell you more.... I'll loose my job, just that the car is really not beautiful the whay that italian cars used to be..for me it is a dissapointment.. just look at the dimesnions of the wheel arches, are bigger than the tyres section (with time I will made a photosop to explain better) and the front end where the lights and nose look like they have been designed after a night in the pub!...and is the same opinion of fellow coleagues working with me. See it in Geneva next month and if you like it go on buy it!

everyone who seems to have seen the car in person said that it was stunning and i am talking about important car dealers and people on this forum. you seem to be the first to disagree

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:

Quote:
    LB said:
    everyone who seems to have seen the car in person said that it was stunning and i am talking about important car dealers and people on this forum. you seem to be the first to disagree

As you said, the people you are talking about have to SELL the car, whereas ed_moree doesn't.

You are right Rossi, I'm not a seller so for that I can say what I think about the car.

And one more think, if the car is so stunning I would like to see how many of you will change your 911, Merc, BMW, or Aston for it? Or maybe your Lambo or your Ferrari to trade it in and get the Maserati? Don't think so.... I have the feeling that neither of you will do it.....They have to tell you that the car is good looking because they want to make a profit with it. Me I'm just saying what I think about the car and the impresion that give me. Try to not see the Maserati logo on the car and see if you like it then!!! That is the way you should see it!!! Hope you got my point.

Also I can tell you that I have seen this car almost one year and a half ago for the first time so I even had the time to get used with it, and it still look like a Peugeot.... sorry....

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    You are right Rossi, I'm not a seller so for that I can say what I think about the car.

And one more think, if the car is so stunning I would like to see how many of you will change your 911, Merc, BMW, or Aston for it? Or maybe your Lambo or your Ferrari to trade it in and get the Maserati? Don't think so.... I have the feeling that neither of you will do it.....They have to tell you that the car is good looking because they want to make a profit with it. Me I'm just saying what I think about the car and the impresion that give me. Try to not see the Maserati logo on the car and see if you like it then!!! That is the way you should see it!!! Hope you got my point.

Also I can tell you that I have seen this car almost one year and a half ago for the first time so I even had the time to get used with it, and it still look like a Peugeot.... sorry....

I understand you perfectly ed_moree, to be honest I'm no fan of the new GranTurismo either. But as I haven't seen it in flesh so far, I will wait with my final judgement. At least from the first pics this car doesn't convince me, I would choose a DB9 or even a CL anytime.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Probably at the same performance area Carrara S X51.

I like the design very much btw!!

No, as I said, performance are slightly worse than current Gransport, same hp but more weight.
    And first version is 405 hp with auto box only, a year later will come the 450 hp version with new cambiocorsa.

i year Later!!!

Styling is very subjective - we all have different tastes and opinions, but that's O.K.

I personally think it looks good. An evolution of Maserati's latest successful designs. Hopefully, its performance will do it justice. It should certainly provide MB's CL class with some competition.

IMO the Quattroporte is the finest looking 4 door made. If you don't like it, then you probably won't like this one.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779610 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442316 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263148 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261442 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85673 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5833 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881148 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817830 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM