Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Code and Cost for Yellow Deviated Stitching

I'm doing final specs with my dealer for May build and June delivery. All options are available, but dealer did not know availability of Yellow Deviated Stitching. Anybody know the option code and cost (assuming on seats, dash, etc.). My dealer is calling Atlanta for same, but, at a minimum, I'd like to know what others have paid (and if it even exists). Thanks.

Re: Code and Cost for Yellow Deviated Stitching

Here's my post from last December:

Since there seems to be considerable interest in Deviated Stiching, I'm posting the codes to help those that wish to order Deviated Stitching. I had wanted to have Deviated Stitching in my car, but Porsche in their infinite marketing wisdom wouldn't allow me to choose a Hellblau (bright blue) although it is available in cars sold in Europe. the only blue color available in the U.S. is midnight, which I feel is to dark for natural grey leather.

the color of threads available and their codes are:

G1 Guards Red
    X4 Speed Yellow
    B4 Carrera White
    X1 Artic Silver
    A1 Black
    E9 Midnight Blue
    N2 Orange
    E7 Dark Grey
    TG Sand Beige
    DF Stone Grey
    RA Cocoa
    J5 Green

Deviated Leather Stitching option codes and their prices are:

Front/Rear Seats 24891 $940
    Dashboard 24901 $240
    Door Stitching 24902 $160
    Door Handles 24903 $470
    Stitching Side Center Console 24904 $160
    Rear Side Panel Stitching 24905 $310
    All Stitching Excluding Above Options 09991 $290

If I were to order all of the above options, I was assured that every stitch in the car would be Deviated. I do not know if you could mix colors, but I would doubt it. I can't guarantee the above pricing, but check with your sales representative.

24891 Seats - $ 940
    24901 Dashboard (upper part) & steering wheel - $ 240
    24902 Doors (upper part) - $ 160
    24903 Door handles - $ 470
    24904 Middle console (including PCM side panels) - $ 160
    24905 Rear side panels - $ 310
    09991 All Exclusive options - $ 290

If ordering a manual car:
    DAD Gear Lever & Handbrake Aluminum & Leather (only way to get deviated stitching on those) - $1,680
    CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather (with deviated stitching) - $ 250

If ordering a Tiptronic car:
    CFP Handbrake Aluminum & Leather - $ 780
    CFA Tiptronic Gate Leather (with deviated stitching) - $ 310

Total:
    Manual: $ 4,500
    Tiptronic: $ 3,660

(Prices from the 2007 Ordering Guide)

Edit: the option 09991 is deviated stitching on all EXCLUSIVE options. Despite what Over the Hill's dealer said, it does not cover the standard shifter, shifter boot and handbrake.

Which is why you need an optional "Exclusive" shifter or handbrake such as DAD / CFP (picture here).

Alternate choices are:
    ECA Gear Lever & Handbrake in Aluminum (Picture here). It's a bit cheaper than DAD (I don't have the US price, though, as it's a new option).
    DAT / DAU (same thing as DAD / CFP) but with Alcantara instead of leather).
    DAW / DAV in cars with leather-to-sample interiors (DAW=DAD+CDZ; DAV=CFP+CFA).

Aesthetically, the car will be a black on black (incl. black wheels) tip S coupe with full carbon pkgs. (incl. multifunction carb steering wheel), pccb, yellow seatbelts, etc. Considering the use of carbon, where would the deviated yellow stitching look best ? Seats alone ? Seats and Dashboard ? Thanks for any input.

Formula for approximating Porsche options prices:

Determine the amount you would pay but would be extremely pi**ed to have to pay.

Multiply that amount by three to get the actual cost of the Porsche option.

Using this formula I estimate the cost of Yellow Deviated Stitching to be us$3000.

IMHO go for the full monty. Going for deviated stitching on only a few select parts makes the non-deviated stitching stand out.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Determine the amount you would pay but would be extremely pi**ed to have to pay.

Multiply that amount by three to get the actual cost of the Porsche option.

Using this formula I estimate the cost of Yellow Deviated Stitching to be us$3000.

In fact you're too low by up to 33%!

If your getting a full carbon package, then what would be the "full monty" on the yellow deviated stitching ? I'd like to do the seats, dashboard, doors, door handles, middle console and rear side panels. With the carbon packages I don't think I can do anything else in the way of stitching (ie. the tiptronic lever/handbrake). What say you ? Anybody else done this yet ? This time I'm buying my turbo and modding it so I figure why not customize it (my 03 996 X-50 was a bare bones no frills machine).

Groom, about deviating/exclusive options et al..

In that pic you have linked ....

The carpeting or the floor floor mat appears to have a color to match edging??? What is the exclusive option code for that? Link: First Link

What color is the interior shown in he link? (it appears to have just changed from blue to black! your earlier link showed blue rugs with whitish edging)

What is the exclusive code for color to sample deviating carpet?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    IMHO go for the full monty. Going for deviated stitching on only a few select parts makes the non-deviated stitching stand out.

Absolutely. If you don't get ALL the stitching the same color, it will be the fir..., uh..., I mean, second thing people will notice.

The first thing people will always notice will be that the Sport Chrono stopwatch dial only and always comes in "white" no matter which guage color you choose.

MMD I have seen the SC gauge with a black dial also.

FWIW, The entire yellow this and that thing is passe.

Orange is the new color. Yellow is dead on arrival now.

Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    If your getting a full carbon package, then what would be the "full monty" on the yellow deviated stitching ? I'd like to do the seats, dashboard, doors, door handles, middle console and rear side panels. With the carbon packages I don't think I can do anything else in the way of stitching (ie. the tiptronic lever/handbrake). What say you ? Anybody else done this yet ? This time I'm buying my turbo and modding it so I figure why not customize it (my 03 996 X-50 was a bare bones no frills machine).

By "full monty" I mean checking all boxes. All stitching will be deviated. Seats, dashboard, doors, door handles, rear side panel, console, and Exclusive options.

Since your car is a Tiptronic, the fact that DAD/CFP is incompatible with the 803 carbon package is not an issue. Indeed, the carbon handbrake does not have any apparent stitching. I'd still get CFA Tiptronic Gate in Leather, though.
    (It'd be another matter with a manual transmission, as the shifter boot would keep its grey stitching.)

By the way, if you ordered CF vents as well, they'll come with deviated stitching, too.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    The carpeting or the floor floor mat appears to have a color to match edging??? What is the exclusive option code for that?

Carpet piping is option CFX (plus color code, same colors as deviated stitching).

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    What color is the interior shown in he link? (it appears to have just changed from blue to black! your earlier link showed blue rugs with whitish edging)

It's Ocean Blue. It still is.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    What is the exclusive code for color to sample deviating carpet?

I'm afraid they're not available. Leather-to-sample interiors are only available with black carpetting. I'm not even sure color-to-sample carpet piping is available.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

If you order a Turbo or an S with black dials, the SC will still be silver. You'll need to retrofit a 3.6L unit to get it the way it should be.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

I'm sorry, that's true. Black SC dial ONLY comes with base 997.

If you order "black dials" option in a 997S you still get the silver SC stopwatch.

BTW, I sat in Fanch's 997S. He has option 022 Instrument Dials in Black and his Sport Chrono analogue timer has a black face. Don't ask me how...

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

I'm sorry, that's true. Black SC dial ONLY comes with base 997.

If you order "black dials" option in a 997S you still get the silver SC stopwatch.

This is wrong.
    I was concerned when I ordered my car. I went for black dials and was told the SC wart would match the dials.
    It did indeed.

They're not that dumb!

That's great news. But I have definitely seen a few 997S with mismatched dials. Did you specifically order a black SC dial, or did you just order black dials (hoping the SC dial would be black as well)?

When I was interested in getting yellow dials for mine, my salesperson showed me a factory bulletin warning everyone that the sport chrono dial would still be silver not yellow. So, there's only black and silver dials for that. I guess they're not THAT smart.

Thank you Fanchito, I knew I had not lost my mind yet

OK, here are lots of pictures of yellow deviating stitching in a GT3, Alas, this GT3 order was a Groom Crime ! They did not study the options guide carefully and order the shifter and handbrake to match the yellow deviating stitching.

Those darned dealers!

Quote:
    Fanch said:

This is wrong.
    I was concerned when I ordered my car. I went for black dials and was told the SC wart would match the dials.
    It did indeed.

They're not that dumb!

Oh nuts! Sorry AGAIN.

These details were established in my mind at "The Beginning," I guess I'm remembering incorrectly (not a good feeling ).

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

FWIW, The entire yellow this and that thing is passe.

Orange is the new color. Yellow is dead on arrival now.

http://www.rennsouth.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=1776&stc=1

http://www.rennsouth.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=1777&stc=1

I think the interior works pretty well in this "deliberately colorful" case (they forgot CDZ though ).

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    OK, here are lots of pictures of yellow deviating stitching in a GT3, Alas, this GT3 order was a Groom Crime ! They did not study the options guide carefully and order the shifter and handbrake to match the yellow deviating stitching.

AFAIK the GT3 is a tricky one. If I am to believe the (generally accurate) German 2D Car Configurator, there is officially no Exclusive gear lever & handbrake option available for the GT3. You'd have to pester them to get DAD or DAT.

DAD is no bargain at $1,680. But I suggest they up the price by at least another $200 to make it even more precious and desireable.

The Exclusive department does not use those fancy FX hedges. You pay the same price as we do this time!

The Exclusive department may be receiving very specific orders from me soon. I will trust them to follow the orders precisely or face the consequences!

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    That's great news. But I have definitely seen a few 997S with mismatched dials. Did you specifically order a black SC dial, or did you just order black dials (hoping the SC dial would be black as well)?

I just ordered black dials, the SC came black with it.
    I didn't specify anything about the SC.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    When I was interested in getting yellow dials for mine, my salesperson showed me a factory bulletin warning everyone that the sport chrono dial would still be silver not yellow. So, there's only black and silver dials for that. I guess they're not THAT smart.

SC comes only in black or white unless you go through Exclusive dpt where anything's possible but takes more time.

@ Jim Flat 6:
    If you stick to the correct option codes and do order DAD/CFP, then you'll be in the clear.

@ Fanch:
    Thanks for your input. I wonder how some still managed to get mismatched dials. Maybe it's the luck of the draw. Or maybe they were just tasteless (and we know there are a few tasteless or blind 911 drivers out there!)

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:

SC comes only in black or white unless you go through Exclusive dpt where anything's possible but takes more time.

When I visited Porsche in Stuttgart last summer I also asked the head of the exclusive department if it would be possible to order the SC dials in any other colors other than silver or black and he said no.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

When I visited Porsche in Stuttgart last summer I also asked the head of the exclusive department if it would be possible to order the SC dials in any other colors other than silver or black and he said no.

WOW. Porsche Exclusive said "no," that's rather exclusive of them. Up to this point I thought that for a price they wouldn't exclude anything.

The next step would be to find the actual company which makes the dial faces for Porsche and ask them.

If that doesn't work, there's gotta be a custom automotive guage/dial maker somewhere.

If THAT doesn't work, you can pop that stopwatch out of the dash, remove the bezel, wrap the PITA stopwatch in bubble wrap, stuff it back down the dash hole and get a custom leather patch or fake speaker grill made to cover the hole!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774290 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440011 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261906 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260197 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84764 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879137 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    813876 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM