Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Another LP 640 test (Numbers are amazing!!)

A quote from LPower. Numbers are very impressive.

Re: Another LP 640 test (Numbers are amazing!!)

Nice!!! That's what I like to hear

great numbers!! when are you getting delivery mike?

I wonder if you need to dump the clutch at 8000RPM to get that kind of result? Sensational numbers I have to say!

Mike, I have seen the LP640 4 times in both my trips to London in the last two months. It's getting pretty common. Don't bother getting one! (I am only saying that cos I can't afford to get one myself...)

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    great numbers!! when are you getting delivery mike?

Hopefully next week

Quote:
    VGA18 said:

That's fast! Enzo and CGT territory!

Murciélago is the last dinosaur out there, great that someone still builds such cars!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:

That's fast! Enzo and CGT territory!

Murciélago is the last dinosaur out there, great that someone still builds such cars!

The Murcielago is a true work of art If only it had ESP... Would make it a much safer car

BTW: Just added the 599GTB test which was published in the same (?) Italian magazine quite some time ago.

The 599 really wins hands down in terms of braking. The LP640 needed almost 40 metres from 100-0.

Quote:
    mv said:
    The 599 really wins hands down in terms of braking. The LP640 needed almost 40 metres from 100-0.

40 metres are too much, I agree.

However, the 200-0 metrics are very comparable. Seems the brakes of the LP640 need the right temperature to work properly.

BTW: Comparing the above test results (and I am very positive that both test cars were very strong performers, if you know what I mean ) highlights the effect of AWD on the acceleration performance. While the LP640 is slightly faster at lower speeds (traction) the 599 pulls on the LP640 at higher speeds (no hp loss due to AWD). However, differences are very marginal. Both cars a similarly quick.

Markus,
    I am more interested in difference between 160km/h till say 250km/h... Why? 0-100km/h do not mean nothing for this cars IMHO-you need to use LC with both to achive the best possible time. And you simply will not use LC everyday on the autobahn...
    Just my opinion...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    However, differences are very marginal. Both cars a similarly quick.

And yet sooo different!

Think back of the times when the Testarossa battled against the Countach/Diablo and take a look at the situation nowadays, where we have the Murciélago as a direct descendant of the midengined V12-Lamborghini competing against a luxury and comfortable GT-like car as the 599 GTB Fiorano, which offers approximately the same performance as its race-bred competitor from Sant' Agata Bolognese.

1938 KG!!!!

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Markus,
    I am more interested in difference between 160km/h till say 250km/h... Why? 0-100km/h do not mean nothing for this cars IMHO-you need to use LC with both to achive the best possible time. And you simply will not use LC everyday on the autobahn...
    Just my opinion...

Absolutely I never do 0-100 tests... Only the speed range above 200kph reveils the power of a car

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

Think back of the times when the Testarossa battled against the Countach/Diablo and take a look at the situation nowadays, where we have the Murciélago as a direct descendant of the midengined V12-Lamborghini competing against a luxury and comfortable GT-like car as the 599 GTB Fiorano, which offers approximately the same performance as its race-bred competitor from Sant' Agata Bolognese.

That's true. The two cars have very different personalities.

From my personal perspective the LP640 has two major flaws (otherwise I like the car very much, I guess): lack of ESP and lack of understatement. A possible third disadvantage might be the apparent quality fluctuations in the production process (remember several magazine tests where the LP640 missed factory claimed performance figures by quite a wide margin...).

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

From my personal perspective the LP640 has two major flaws (otherwise I like the car very much, I guess): lack of ESP and lack of understatement. A possible third disadvantage might be the apparent quality fluctuations in the production process (remember several magazine tests where the LP640 missed factory claimed performance figures by quite a wide margin...).

Besides, one Audi is probably enough for you .

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

Marcus i am not sure but that car may be the same car which auto zeitung tested.(their test result was worse than factory claims)

I think italian guys know this car how to launch than the others

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

Marcus i am not sure but that car may be the same car which auto zeitung tested.(their test result was worse than factory claims)

That might be an explanation

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

That might be true

However, I really liked the Gallardo when I test drove it last fall. Very intense character. Unlike Porsche, unlike Ferrari, a very special car!

If they offered the LP640 with ESP I would at least test drive it! The problem with owning and driving a LP640 in Germany is that your social environment will perceive you with an entirely new perspective

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

That might be an explanation

Might be...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    The problem with owning and driving a LP640 in Germany is that your social environment will perceive you with an entirely new perspective

Worse than a Ferrari?

impressive

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    The problem with owning and driving a LP640 in Germany is that your social environment will perceive you with an entirely new perspective

Worse than a Ferrari?

Indeed, much worse than a (dark colored) Ferrari with rather modest looks (compared to a LP640)

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

That might be true

However, I really liked the Gallardo when I test drove it last fall. Very intense character. Unlike Porsche, unlike Ferrari, a very special car!

If they offered the LP640 with ESP I would at least test drive it! The problem with owning and driving a LP640 in Germany is that your social environment will perceive you with an entirely new perspective

Are you saying Murci is seen as a pimp car?
    Speaking with some German friends, that's the idea I got.

J.Seven

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

That might be true

it has traction control... thats already good

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

And yet sooo different!

That might be true

Are you saying Murci is seen as a pimp car?
    Speaking with some German friends, that's the idea I got.

J.Seven

Basically, the LP640 looks as expensive as it is. Plus: the design is really aggressive

spy-info said that Murci has different exhaust from the AMS test,you can see the difference at 130km/h,now 81db(ex 79) and max db 105.5
    The 0-200km/h is a lot faster than in AMS site.
    This Lambo has 690hp

Quote:
    andrea said:
    spy-info said that Murci has different exhaust from the AMS test,you can see the difference at 130km/h,now 81db(ex 79) and max db 105.5
    This Lambo has 690hp

Hi andrea,

Are you saying this car has 50+hp because it might have an aftermarket or tweaked exhaust system...

Quote:
    andrea said:
    This Lambo has 690hp

That's interesting, thanks

Quote:
    andrea said:
    This Lambo has 690hp

50hp more than the standard car? Has it been prepared for the test by AMG?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690681 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409896 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256093 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235344 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65726 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858614 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774845 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM