Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

How was your resale value?

I was shocked to find out today I can only get $183,300 US trade-in for my 05 loaded Cayenne Turbo with 10,000 miles. I paid $263,000 US for it 18 months ago.

How did your Cayenne's values hold? I'm sure anything is better than here!

Re: How was your resale value?

Mike , long time bro. hope all is well. I bought my turbo back in june 2004 for 112,000 USD it has 51,000 Kms, i can sell it today for 55,000

In the US a typical car will loose 50% in the first 3 years.

Porsches in general fare better (50-55% after 4 years).

Cayenne turbo and loaded cars won't do as well though.

Quote:
    Fireo said:
    Mike , long time bro. hope all is well. I bought my turbo back in june 2004 for 112,000 USD it has 51,000 Kms, i can sell it today for 55,000

great fireo thanks, you? at least you got to use yours a lot! I didn't use mine all the time and it still has low mileage on and they give me such a bad price

Mike,

I was over in South Africa for a two week holiday last week and have to say you live in a beautiful country. Cape Town is fantastic. I kept passing a large car dealership which seemed to occupy the ground floor of an office or appartment block there and from the cars assembled inside I thought it must be your city garage I travelled quite a bit whilst there and only spotted four Cayennes, one of which was on UK registration plates! I had my first sighting of a white Cayenne as well and won't mind if I don't see another (no offence intended to those who love white). The only exotic I spotted on the road was another UK registered 360 Spider.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Mike,

I was over in South Africa for a two week holiday last week and have to say you live in a beautiful country. Cape Town is fantastic. I kept passing a large car dealership which seemed to occupy the ground floor of an office or appartment block there and from the cars assembled inside I thought it must be your city garage I travelled quite a bit whilst there and only spotted four Cayennes, one of which was on UK registration plates! I had my first sighting of a white Cayenne as well and won't mind if I don't see another (no offence intended to those who love white). The only exotic I spotted on the road was another UK registered 360 Spider.

There seems like there is a lot of UK registered cars here. Makes sense though, it is so cheap for the British to have holidays here, our currency is doing so bad at the moment anyways.

The car dealership you drove past, was it near the Sheraton Hotel? That's Bloomsbury's, another branch of Investment Cars who are also the agents for Lamborghini SA.

Like I said, the area which you drove (which I'm assuming is the Waterfront) is the most likely place to spot exotics and yet you still don't see that many

Did you go to Camps Bay?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I was shocked to find out today I can only get $183,300 US trade-in for my 05 loaded Cayenne Turbo with 10,000 miles. I paid $263,000 US for it 18 months ago.

Mike,
    Burn it and let insurance pay it off

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Mike,
    Burn it and let insurance pay it off

LOL!! And I always thought you were a good simaritan

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    There seems like there is a lot of UK registered cars here. Makes sense though, it is so cheap for the British to have holidays here, our currency is doing so bad at the moment anyways.

The car dealership you drove past, was it near the Sheraton Hotel? That's Bloomsbury's, another branch of Investment Cars who are also the agents for Lamborghini SA.

Like I said, the area which you drove (which I'm assuming is the Waterfront) is the most likely place to spot exotics and yet you still don't see that many

Did you go to Camps Bay?

Mike,

It was Bloomsbury's, I recognise the name and saw a Murcielago in the showroom. People also seemed to be dining there in the evening which seemed a bit strange. I did go to Camps Bay and have to say it was stunning.

You are right about the SAR being under pressure. I was getting 14 SAR to the Pounds which made things a bit of a bargain I might have to consider buying some property there as it's such good value. And to top it all you have some superb roads to drive on without much traffic compared to what we have to put up with over here. I particularly enjoyed the practice of slower traffic keeping to the left and straddling the hard shoulder yellow line to let quicker traffic pass

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Did you go to Camps Bay?

Mike,

It was Bloomsbury's, I recognise the name and saw a Murcielago in the showroom. People also seemed to be dining there in the evening which seemed a bit strange. I did go to Camps Bay and have to say it was stunning.

You are right about the SAR being under pressure. I was getting 14 SAR to the Pounds which made things a bit of a bargain I might have to consider buying some property there as it's such good value. And to top it all you have some superb roads to drive on without much traffic compared to what we have to put up with over here. I particularly enjoyed the practice of slower traffic keeping to the left and straddling the hard shoulder yellow line to let quicker traffic pass

You obviously haven't read Mike's crime thread, have you?

Everything is a bargain vs the GBP these days... Enjoy while it lasts.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Did you go to Camps Bay?

Mike,

You obviously haven't read Mike's crime thread, have you?

@ISUK: Yes, the group's philosphy is that they want to incorporate everything about luxury cars under 1 roof. They have expensive Mens/Lady's wear shop inside and a restaurant.

The crime up in JHB is especially bad, Cape Town is not there yet, but I think it will only be a matter of time!

I knew JHB was bad but there seems to be a high security prescence around Capetown, presumably to protect the tourist trade. I have a friend who moved out there last year with his family and his parents have already been there for a number of years. I know a couple of others who have holiday homes there too and feel pretty safe overall. To be honest there is crime almost everywhere and gun crime is on the increase here. I hope your government get on top of the situation as it would be a great shame to see such a beautiful country go downhill. Perhaps the forthcoming 2010 World Cup will focus their minds on sorting out some of the underlying root causes.

guys I bought a new range rover 4.4 vogue in 2002 for 134000 euro and i sold it in 2003 for 83000 euro with 8000 km on the odo.
    That's worse I think. (it was the period that rover was sold from BMW)

Quote:
    altak said:
    guys I bought a new range rover 4.4 vogue in 2002 for 134000 euro and i sold it in 2003 for 83000 euro with 8000 km on the odo.
    That's worse I think. (it was the period that rover was sold from BMW)

Ouch! That is BAD!

I paid 90k GBP 18months back and was told it was now worth 55k at best with 16k miles on the clock. It is diabolical. I have it very well specced with power kit etc, which seems to attract more buyers but for no more money. I wish I could pare off the good bits and sell them seperately!

Quote:
    turbo'S' said:
    I paid 90k GBP 18months back and was told it was now worth 55k at best with 16k miles on the clock. It is diabolical. I have it very well specced with power kit etc, which seems to attract more buyers but for no more money. I wish I could pare off the good bits and sell them seperately!

Damn, I was contemplating the powerkit at time of purchase. Thank goodness I did not take it in the end. Same story with the PK conversion CTT's here. They are barely going for more than the standard CTT.

Was a nice car and all, but losing crazy money like that. I will not buy another Cayenne again!

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    In the US a typical car will loose 50% in the first 3 years.

Porsches in general fare better (50-55% after 4 years).

Cayenne turbo and loaded cars won't do as well though.

I just traded in our 04 S yesterday with 40K miles. MSRP was 60K, I paid 51.5 since it was the end of 04.
    Received 36K$ trade in and got a 07 Audi Q7.
    Although we had decided to get a new Cayenne S, when we saw it yesterday in the dealership, my wife was very disappointed that the interior was exactly the same as the old one. The Q7 has a ton more options and an extra seat for the same money as a lightly optioned S.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762348 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435305 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260485 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257533 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80938 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872212 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807585 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM