Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Pirelli P Zero the Hero

PIRELLI LAUNCHES A NEW TIRE FOR SUPERCARS: "P ZERO THE HERO"

In the centenary of the firm's involvement in motor sport, the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli research,a revolution for the tire industry, is about to be launched.

Making its worldwide premier on the track in Dubai, with a brand new tread pattern, futuristic compounds and an innovative structure, the new product, the fruit of 24 months of development and testing, is protected by five patents.

With "P ZERO THE HERO" Pirelli has consolidated its leadership in the high-end market: the new tire has already been chosen and homologated by manufacturers for the most recent and highest performance GT cars.

Designed to manage the power of the hottest and most extreme cars, P Zero the Hero guarantees optimum performance for the most demanding motorists.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 11, 2007 - Today, Pirelli introduced to the global
    market P Zero the Hero, the new ultra-high-performance tire developed for supercars and directly derived from the experience the company has accumulated in a hundred years of competition (in fact, 2007 marks Pirelli's motor sport centenary).

P Zero the Hero represents the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli's research, a revolution for the tire industry, and offers the most demanding motorists unprecedented performance in all areas: sports handling, comfort and safety.

Five Patents for a Revolutionary Product
    The latest addition to the P Zero collection, Pirelli's high-end market leading range that is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2007, benefits from numerous innovative features developed by Pirelli and protected by five exclusive patents. The brand new tread pattern, the futuristic compounds and the innovative structure are the fruit of 24 months of development and testing and are already making P Zero the Hero the tire chosen by the manufacturers of the most sporting and extreme cars.

Record Homologations
    The new P Zero has obtained 15 homologations for use as original equipment on the most recent and most prestigious supercars. It is already being fitted to the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, the Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo, the Audi R8 and S8, the Aston Martin DB9, the Maserati Quattroporte, the Jaguar XK, the Mercedes AMG, and will shortly appear on the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and the hottest Porsche and BMW models.
    "P Zero the Hero" explains Francesco Gori, CEO of Pirelli Tire, "represents the state of
    the art of the P Zero Collection, the Pirelli UHP range leaders. The new tire has been designed and developed to control the ever more extreme performance of supercars and to offer ever higher levels of driving satisfaction and safety for the most demanding drivers"

Sports Performance Hand-in-Hand with Comfort
    The principal feature of P Zero the Hero is that it guarantees optimum performance in
    wet or dry conditions throughout the lifetime of the tire, while combining sports handling with
    comfort. In fact, the new P Zero boasts special nano-composites in the compounds of the tread
    and the bead (the element of the tire anchoring it to the well rim) that guarantee a comfortable
    ride together with sports performance. Thanks specifically to the tread compound; optimum
    performance is even provided during the first few kilometers when the tire is still cold.

Extreme Grip and Respect for the Environment
    The innovative tread pattern of the new Pirelli tire also permits the highest standards of
    grip in wet conditions and acoustic comfort to be enhanced, while the asymmetric DA.Co
    (Dynamic Asymmetric Contour) profile ensures even wear with a consistent footprint at all
    speeds.

Moreover, P Zero the Hero has been designed with the utmost respect for the environment: the compounds used, in fact , contain no aromatic oils. Pirelli's decision anticipates by three full years the European directive regulating this issue, which only comes into effect in 2010, and goes beyond the most severe parameters in the highest performance (UHP) segment,

Maximum Performance Throughout the Life of the Tire
    Thanks to the Hy.Co (Hybrid Cord) system, the carcass allows the deformation of the tire profile to be controlled through to the highest speeds (230mph), increasing the durability of the tire, not simply in terms of outright mileage, but above all, in the consistency of performance throughout its life.

This is official Pirelli Press release.

Re: Pirelli P Zero the Hero

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    PIRELLI LAUNCHES A NEW TIRE FOR SUPERCARS: "P ZERO THE HERO"

In the centenary of the firm's involvement in motor sport, the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli research,a revolution for the tire industry, is about to be launched.

Making its worldwide premier on the track in Dubai, with a brand new tread pattern, futuristic compounds and an innovative structure, the new product, the fruit of 24 months of development and testing, is protected by five patents.

With "P ZERO THE HERO" Pirelli has consolidated its leadership in the high-end market: the new tire has already been chosen and homologated by manufacturers for the most recent and highest performance GT cars.

Designed to manage the power of the hottest and most extreme cars, P Zero the Hero guarantees optimum performance for the most demanding motorists.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 11, 2007 - Today, Pirelli introduced to the global
    market P Zero the Hero, the new ultra-high-performance tire developed for supercars and directly derived from the experience the company has accumulated in a hundred years of competition (in fact, 2007 marks Pirelli's motor sport centenary).

P Zero the Hero represents the most technologically advanced product to come out of Pirelli's research, a revolution for the tire industry, and offers the most demanding motorists unprecedented performance in all areas: sports handling, comfort and safety.

Five Patents for a Revolutionary Product
    The latest addition to the P Zero collection, Pirelli's high-end market leading range that is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2007, benefits from numerous innovative features developed by Pirelli and protected by five exclusive patents. The brand new tread pattern, the futuristic compounds and the innovative structure are the fruit of 24 months of development and testing and are already making P Zero the Hero the tire chosen by the manufacturers of the most sporting and extreme cars.

Record Homologations
    The new P Zero has obtained 15 homologations for use as original equipment on the most recent and most prestigious supercars. It is already being fitted to the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, the Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo, the Audi R8 and S8, the Aston Martin DB9, the Maserati Quattroporte, the Jaguar XK, the Mercedes AMG, and will shortly appear on the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and the hottest Porsche and BMW models.
    "P Zero the Hero" explains Francesco Gori, CEO of Pirelli Tire, "represents the state of
    the art of the P Zero Collection, the Pirelli UHP range leaders. The new tire has been designed and developed to control the ever more extreme performance of supercars and to offer ever higher levels of driving satisfaction and safety for the most demanding drivers"

Sports Performance Hand-in-Hand with Comfort
    The principal feature of P Zero the Hero is that it guarantees optimum performance in
    wet or dry conditions throughout the lifetime of the tire, while combining sports handling with
    comfort. In fact, the new P Zero boasts special nano-composites in the compounds of the tread
    and the bead (the element of the tire anchoring it to the well rim) that guarantee a comfortable
    ride together with sports performance. Thanks specifically to the tread compound; optimum
    performance is even provided during the first few kilometers when the tire is still cold.

Extreme Grip and Respect for the Environment
    The innovative tread pattern of the new Pirelli tire also permits the highest standards of
    grip in wet conditions and acoustic comfort to be enhanced, while the asymmetric DA.Co
    (Dynamic Asymmetric Contour) profile ensures even wear with a consistent footprint at all
    speeds.

Moreover, P Zero the Hero has been designed with the utmost respect for the environment: the compounds used, in fact , contain no aromatic oils. Pirelli's decision anticipates by three full years the European directive regulating this issue, which only comes into effect in 2010, and goes beyond the most severe parameters in the highest performance (UHP) segment,

Maximum Performance Throughout the Life of the Tire
    Thanks to the Hy.Co (Hybrid Cord) system, the carcass allows the deformation of the tire profile to be controlled through to the highest speeds (230mph), increasing the durability of the tire, not simply in terms of outright mileage, but above all, in the consistency of performance throughout its life.

This is official Pirelli Press release.

Very interesting, thanks

Would be interesting to know how this new tire compares to the Corsa in terms of track performance

Wrong...it's not the DB9...it's the DBS...there is a forum with the picture of a DBS in Dubai with these tires...

P Zero the Hero, how dumb sounds that!

Quote:
    Rossi said:

It sounds like a medieval time movie

Here it is....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276744&page=480

The DBS is amazing...the best looking Aston...

Quote:
    Rossi said:

At least the product name is easy to memorize

Agree!

But, after Euphoria I expected something like that...

Imagine something like "I have Hero's on my new 599!"

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Agree!

I am not a hero - unlike my tires

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Its even worse than 'F1-Superfast'

Its obvious that very few english speakers work in the marketing department of Italian companies

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

It sounds like a medieval time movie

Is Zero the Hero a colleague of Conan the Barbarian?

So, you are SuperMarkus!

BTW, Hero is better then something like "P Zero The Road Glue"...

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Its obvious that very few english speakers work in the marketing department of Italian companies

Just imagine:

"I've got the new Ferrari Light Pista with P Zero the Hero!"

One of the most absurd sentences I've ever heard.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    So, you are SuperMarkus!

... driving SuperFerrari with Superfast gear-box and Hero Tires

... and being overtaken by SuperDarius

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Just imagine:

Or "I am Conan the Barbarian and this is my Ferrari Light Pista stick to the road via Zero The Hero!"

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Agree!

You are MY hero .

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    So, you are SuperMarkus!

If you are overtaken by SuperDarius, return the car, along with its heroic super-duper tyres .

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Just imagine:

Or "I am Conan the Barbarian and this is my Ferrari Light Pista stick to the road via Zero The Hero!"

"Conan, what is good in life?"
    - "To eat beef, run over your enemies with your SuperspeedsuperiorF1-equipped Ferrari with PZero The hero tyres, and hear the lamentations of their women."

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Just imagine:

Quote:
    Rossi said:

true...the dumbest tyre name i have ever heard..

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Agree!

You are MY hero .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    So, you are SuperMarkus!

If you are overtaken by SuperDarius, return the car, along with its heroic super-duper tyres .

I was thinking of his driving skills - not so much the car

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Totally

Is it actually going to say "The Hero" on the sidewall? That would be unfortunate, maybe a deal killer, even if it's a great tire (which I think it will be).

Gary

Quote:
    Gary(SF) said:
    Is it actually going to say "The Hero" on the sidewall? That would be unfortunate, maybe a deal killer, even if it's a great tire (which I think it will be).

Gary

I bet it will be big in Japan, though. It has everything - the ZERO and the HERO, two of the seemingly most popular words there nowadays .

http://www.pirellipzero.com/

i have a new idea!!!! the new winter tyre:
    P zero sub Zero!

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    i have a new idea!!!! the new winter tyre:
    P zero sub Zero!

I wont surprise if you will be the name father of Pirelli winter tyres.

Good Find Dmitri

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Gary(SF) said:

Gary

I bet it will be big in Japan, though. It has everything - the ZERO and the HERO, two of the seemingly most popular words there nowadays .

If Japanese tire manufacturer Bridgestone calls a tire "Potenza", why shouldn't Pirelli call a tire "Hero".

If Pirelli really wants to score on the Japanese market, maybe they should sell a tire model there under the model name "Mori-mori". If I am not mistaken, that's Japanese for "potenza"!

Maybe Porky Tokyo could confirm if my memory serves me right.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691135 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410213 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256260 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235424 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858863 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775165 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM