Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

ball polished rims

Any thoughts on ball polished wheels on the f430?

Re: ball polished rims

ball polished?

You mean the polished wheels? I'm not a big fan, looks a biter ricer-ish IMO

Yea, I'm not huge on it either. It's not as bad as chrome though.

Quote:
    cortonpark said:

I have them and they look great. I am told they are one of the more popular options. For those that believe they are too much bling my response is they probably have not seen them in the flesh. Not flashy at all and they unquestionably enhance the look of the car. Of course, this is my very unbiased opinion.

I have seen them in flash, very bling-bling if you ask me.

Hey Nick, I know we disagree on this one.

Saw them in Frankfurt 2005 - very blingy IMO

I actually regretted not getting them even though they are best suited for a dark colored coupe

well, theres definately two schools of thought on this. I think as I have ordered silverstone and will have the car in a sunny climate I'm going to opt for these wheels. Will post pics in May when she arrives and hope this is a good discision!

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    well, theres definately two schools of thought on this. I think as I have ordered silverstone and will have the car in a sunny climate I'm going to opt for these wheels. Will post pics in May when she arrives and hope this is a good discision!

Yes, good decision. You can always easily have them sanded down and resprayed if not to your satisfaction.

Too bling bling if you ask me the favourite Jean Todt wheels
    cortonpark if you like it go for it

The good news is that the dealer has said if I don't like them he will change them while I wait. So let's see....

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    The good news is that the dealer has said if I don't like them he will change them while I wait. So let's see....

So there's no risk in ordering them!

Just make sure, you also get the premium for the polished wheels back.

I have seen them in the flesh, on a white 430, and I think they look awfull, so bling bling.
    btw, they are very popular in the US, but not in Europe ! .... matter of taste

They are too highly polished for my taste, but they are not near as bad as chrome, so if you like them go for it.

Gary

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

So there's no risk in ordering them!

Just make sure, you also get the premium for the polished wheels back.

way ahead of you!!!!

Quote:
    cortonpark said:

You will not be sorry. BTW, after one day of driving whatever reflection they may have will disappear because of road dirt. Nevertheless they still look great and infinitely better than OEM wheels after one day of use.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

You will not be sorry. BTW, after one day of driving whatever reflection they may have will disappear because of road dirt. Nevertheless they still look great and infinitely better than OEM wheels after one day of use.

Nick, unlike you cortonpark is getting CCMs, so there will never be dirt on his wheels.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Nick, unlike you cortonpark is getting CCMs, so there will never be dirt on his wheels.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

If he drives it like it should be driven, he will have plenty to clean. I speak from experience.

cool

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

I have them and they look great. I am told they are one of the more popular options. For those that believe they are too much bling my response is they probably have not seen them in the flesh. Not flashy at all and they unquestionably enhance the look of the car. Of course, this is my very unbiased opinion.

Nick! there is no such thing as to much Bling when it comes to Ferraris! Bling is goooooood!!!!!!

Quote:
    koko said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Nick! there is no such thing as to much Bling when it comes to Ferraris! Bling is goooooood!!!!!!

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    koko said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Exactly my feelings, Patriek.

Do European always have to be stodgy and staid? Loosen up and enjoy the wonders of adventurism.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Do European always have to be stodgy and staid? Loosen up and enjoy the wonders of adventurism.

Uhhh, it's just sooo adventurous to drive a car with shiny wheels...

Quote:
    nberry said:

WELL SAID!

Quote:
    koko said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

WELL SAID!

Nick, for your adventurism you definitely should get those new Zero the Hero tyres!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    koko said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

WELL SAID!

Nick, for your adventurism you definitely should get those new Zero the Hero tyres!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    koko said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

WELL SAID!

Also, spinner wheels.

Now, now! Nick's day at the office is plenty adventurous :

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690245 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409584 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255896 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235137 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65622 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858304 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774523 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM