Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

A few words in advance before we release the 997 infos

There has been a lot of speculation on how the 997 will look alike, how much power it will have and what kind of new stuff will be available on the 997.
    First of all I want to proudly point out that ALL information you got from Rennteam.com was accurate! I might be wrong but I also think we were the ONLY source worldwide which posted the power of the 997 S right, including some other detailled information. Even car magazines close to Porsche got it wrong.
    Why I post this? Pretty simple: we need your help.
    Rennteam.com is a private forum, we have no sponsors and the Moderators and Editors all have a real life job and spend a lot of their free time to provide information which isn't always available anywhere else, including pictures.
    No, we don't want your money or donations.Thanks, we got various offers of this kind.
    We need your LOYALTY, your support. I know that some of you are Users on other forums too but to be honest, this actually doesn't help us at all if Users post the same thing on other forums too. We also see the phenomenon that some of our Users take information (and unfortunately pictures too, even removing the www.rennteam.com logo) to other forums but never mention where they got the infos, pictures or drawings from.
    Recently we even had the case of one of our Moderators who kindly asked the Admin of another Porsche Forum to put back the Rennteam logo on the drawings he used without permission on his forum. What happened? Our Moderator, who was a registered User of that forum too, has been deleted.

Why do some of you guys support forums which have 30 sponsors or more, forums who ask for your money and forums which clearly "steal" information from other forums?
    I don't get it. We don't want to create the ONLY Porsche forum on the web but you guys should understand one thing: due to our non-commercial private character, we have access to infos which others don't have. Isn't this wonderful? A forum without advertisement, without commercial background, with always honest opinions and comments, what does one need more?

I don't beg for your money but for your loyalty. If you have a question or if you need information, just post it here on Rennteam.com. The more Users we have, the more likely the chance to get access to even more information and pictures.
    Porsche is watching this forum closely (as they do with others too) and our goal is to offer a free service for all Porsche owners and addicts worldwide and to maintain at the same time a good relationship to the company which makes our dreams come true, Porsche.

Don't get me wrong: you're free to join any other Porsche or sportscar forum on the internet. But please try to make a wise choice by supporting only forums which haven't a commercial background. This is the only way car manufacturers will support such forums and this is the only way people can trust such forums.

And if the design of Rennteam.com annoys you, I have good news: we're already planning a design upgrade and if technically possible, a picture and video gallery.
    Just stay tuned...

Sorry for the lenghty post but I had to unload my thoughts.

Re: A few words in advance before we release the 997 infos

RC you're the man. I check one and only one forum on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. Thats Rennteam. I came across it about 6 months ago looking for info on the 997. The site I found that had consistently correct information was you guys. So I joined, thank you, and have never had to look anywhere else. You and your team have my loyalty!

It's right RC....thanks for all your exclusive news!

RennTeam...is THE Forum..

Quote:
    RC said:
    Don't get me wrong: you're free to join any other Porsche or sportscar forum on the internet.

Thanks! I wouldn't have done it without your permission...
    Greetings,
    --Pierre

!!! Rennteam is the best!
    GO RC ! GO!
    I' m waiting!

RC, the people at flat6 always gave proper credit to rennteam
    Usually we just post the link to the rennteam thread

Quote:
    pierre said:
    Thanks! I wouldn't have done it without your permission...
    Greetings,
    --Pierre

Pierre, you know exactly what I meant.
    It is one thing to profit from the information on forums and another one to make it available for others.
    It takes hours to prepare pictures, infos and to have endless talks about how to post information, whether to post everything, etc.
    I was especially referring to REGISTRATION, not reading. I read other Porsche forums too but I'm only registered here.
    People are free to do what they want, of course but loyalty always paid off.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    RC, the people at flat6 always gave proper credit to rennteam
    Usually we just post the link to the rennteam thread

I wasn't referring to Flat6 but I guess people know what I meant. I know the people who have honor (you are one of them), they usually use the same name on all forums but I also know the people who are just looking for sensation.
    We would have posted the 997 infos and pictures a few days ago on Rennteam.com, just for our registered Users in a special section. But we were so afraid the information and pictures will leak out, we had to abandon this idea.
    This is what happens if people want a "free information flow" on the internet. Some information is held back.

This board usually has the best pictures and info----first. The problem is that once the information is posted here, the next day it's everywhere else too. Casual reader's won't know that the original source came from Rennteam. They won't know who are the best on the web. It' hard to develop loyalty like this.

A solution would be to better integrate the Renntean logo in pictures. This would make it harder to simply cut it out. And if posted on other boards, it would be a great advertisement for this board. Poeple always like to get their info from the "best" source, not secondary sources.

You have had the rock solid information that we all crave. It should be protected.

I agree, fair point.
    I haven't been very active in the past few weeks, but you can count on my loyalty man!
    Congrats and thank you so much for all your effort.

Passion

I sometimes read other forums and I am registered too (because in some of them in order to see some pictures you need to be registered). However I post very very rarely.
    Rennteam.com has great people inside but the most important, members have passion for cars and I think, that's the most important point.

Re: Passion

I personally find that there is no need to read elsewere what I have already read here FIRST .

Great Job
    Keep it up

http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/986/main.pl?read=839669

J.Seven

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/986/main.pl?read=839669

J.Seven

Thanks, J.Seven.

I really don't want you guys to think that I want to control what forums you're using or not. This has nothing to do with competition or control or whatever. It is only about the fact that the more registered Users we have, the more information we get. And it is no secret that Porsche likes non-profit sites and enthusiasts who love the brand and are completely dedicated to it. Read other forums, register to them if you need to to view pictures but try to make your posts only here. I know I'm asking a lot from you guys and I really don't want to tell you where to post and where not but the more Users, the more posts, the more views we have, the better the chance to grow and get more respect and infos from Porsche and even other car manufacturers.
    We're all here because we love our cars, right?!

Quote:
    RC said:
    We're all here because we love our cars, right?!

...and not only, but also because (sorry to be repetitive) there are the right people in Rennteam.com.

RC,

Thanks once again for your words. Just wanted to say that the serious and knoledgable opinions and infos I found in this forum, I are very, very rare in the other forums I have visited.

The valuable information is here.

I only come in a regular basis, and very happy to do so. Even recomended it several times. Many of the other forums I've seen are quite "light" and with lots and lots of intrascendent messages.

So, I think a great job is being done in Rennteam.com , and my loyality is absolutely here.

Plagiarism

Quote:
    RC said:
    I read other Porsche forums too but I'm only registered here.

You do ??? First evidence I've ever seen of that!

I can tell you my philosophy on this. If I'm starting a discussion of something (yes, it does happen occasionally) then my first choice will usually be Rennteam. But if I'm responding to a topic then I just have to go where that discussion is. If that discussion starts here and moves elsewhere later then I make sure that Rennteam gets credit for the earlier discussion with a pointer.

Different boards also seem to have their niche. Rennteam is the European board with many European readers. Rennteam's members tend to be more sophisticated about cars. Rennlist is mostly American with a much wider Porsche audience. But Rennlist's members, overall, do not have quite the depth that is found here. On the other hand, because there are so many Porsche enthusiasts there, you can find discussion on just about anything. They even have a 356 forum for gosh sakes! There are other America oriented boards but I usually do not bother with them as they tend to duplicate Rennlist and tend to have a more superficial perspective.

But there is absolutely no question that when it comes to the latest information, Rennteam is it! As an example, this is the place that first exposed the problems with the PCCB brakes. That was months before any other board picked up on it. We tend to be the most technically critical here - I think because the driving environment in Europe is still the toughest for a performance car. And as Christian rightly says, when it comes to new product announcements, you always hear it here first. Rennteam has sources like no other board.

As for the spread of Rennteam's information, it isn't just other forums that are watching us closely. These days the print media frequently credits Rennteam too. And there is no question that the print media reaches a much wider audience (all be it more slowly) than does any Internet forum.

I'm sorry to hear that other forums are plagiarising. There is no question that plagiarism is wrong. And Christian, I think the answer to this is to expose them publicly. Which forum was it? Let them be exposed to the light of day.

Stephen

Agreed. There is a huge difference in RennTeam and it's primarily because of the knowledge of the people who frequent the forum.

I'm all for tightening the circle although, to be honest, there's no way keep these things from happening because this is what the Internet does: it distributes information, whether you intend it to or not.

So anything that's posted -- either by the management or by any members -- has the potential of going worldwide in 24 hours. That's a scary thought.

Anyway, RC, my daily RennTeam "experience" means a lot to me, as it does to many of our more active members, so please let us know whenever there's something we can do to help.

Dain

I don't know whether UBBThreads allows it, but maybe you could set up a 'private' area, for trusted members only?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    I don't know whether UBBThreads allows it, but maybe you could set up a 'private' area, for trusted members only?

That would be the end of this great forum. I first heard of this forum through a reference on a different one. Been here ever since. Although a small group of people are responsible for most posts I find that they also enjoy sharing their knowledge and insights with every car nut that wonders on this great site.

RC - success always gets copied but people always remember the original

Quote:
    Carrageous said:
    So anything that's posted -- either by the management or by any members -- has the potential of going worldwide in 24 hours. That's a scary thought.

Scary?... Why... Frankly, I don't get it. This is a public Internet forum, and the first goal of such things is to spread information. Not exactly the place to post something if you want it to remain secret...

--Pierre

Quote:
    pierre said:
    Not exactly the place to post something if you want it to remain secret...

--Pierre

Really? I wasn't aware of that

RC, I am behind you all the way. I sold Porsches for over 20 years and had some good sources for information. I thought I had good sources until I started reading RENNTEAM. You are THE source. I watched and read the board for a year before joining. Your information is dead on, I do not read any other boards. I just want pure information and insight by other enthusiasts that is acurate. Thank you for all your hard work and diligence.

RC,

People make the place - some say. This is very true, never saw another forum where you have so many intelligent people sharing their opinions in many and very respectfull ways. Thats one of the reasons why I check rennteam at least three times per day :-)

RC you should start making tshirts with Rennteam logo, I will be the first to buy! :-)

Hi

Let me start by saying that i visit a couple of Porsche foruns and sites (Rennteam, Flat-6, Rennlist, Pelican Parts, etc) but there is only one that i visit not on an daily basis, not hour basis, but on browser refresh basis: Rennteam!

Here there really is the best information and general appeal that keeps bringing me back.
    I allways try to respect information, now i think that what you are asking about posting all here is too much. Here's de deal: i think Rennteam is not big enough and doesn't cover all the Porsche topics so that we can post everything here. For eggsample, a friend of mine is thinking of buying a used 993 and he wanted to know about service and maintenance costs. I searched for a while and then decided to post on Rennlist about that topic. Why? I think there could exist a broader audience and more 993 owners that could provide such info. Another reason is that Rennteam is more based on general Porsche news and recent models. There aren't sections related to older models, so where would i post it?
    Don't get me wrong, Rennteam is the forum to go! But it simply doesn't cover everything so i must keep visiting other foruns.

This is one reason i posted this on Rennlist the other day, and it's time to do it here also:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130692

Quote:
    Hi all

I think i waste a couple hours a day search porsche websites and foruns like rennlist, since there are many other.
    Wouldn't it be great if all the major Porsche websites just merged into one massive one, that provides all the best from each individual one?
    For eggsample: i love the multimedia anda models section of www.flat-6.net, the amount of information on future models and the general mood of www.rennteam.com, the huge techical database and parts section of pelicanparts, the specific content of www.p-car.com, the huge forum and practicality of rennlist, and many other...

Why not merged all this into a huge one? With the best internacional classifieds section there can be, a great multimedia section, a performance and parts techical center, a Porsche model history section, foruns, parts shops, car registries, DYU zone... About all there is to know about porsche really. The site of which every porsche owner should know if asked about Porsche sites, and say "That's the definitive, the ultimate and only site you'll ever need".

I know that maybe lot's of you already had this idea, and that's not an easy one to accomplish, but i think that it would be extremelly great if it happened, and that there is Porsche passion and iniciative enough to do it. If you forum and website owners think it is "doable", try to contact each other . Just an ideia though...

Compliments

What do you think?

One last thing: Way to go Rennteam! And thanks RC & Co.

Cheers

Quote:
    brunner said:

Not a good idea in my opinion . our intention is to unite our users not to split them

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

Not a good idea in my opinion . our intention is to unite our users not to split them

I know that, but certain 'sensitive' information cannot be disclosed to the thousands of anonymus viewers, right?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802907 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448456 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265991 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89995 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6477 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885519 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832722 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM