Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

DAJ?

What is DAJ? I think that it is an exclusive option that paints almost all of the ouside parts that are black.

Re: DAJ?

You're correct.

DAJ Painted Exterior Package

is made of the following components:
    - CNE Painted front spoiler lip
    - CNF Painted front grille
    - CNG Painted rear bumper lip
    Ordering the package is a Euro 100 saving (or so) over ordering each option separately.

Required option:
    - XAJ Painted side skirts.

It's also possible to order the front grille painted in aluminum color instead (option CNC).

I think we need a new title for The Groom.

How about "Rennteam Option Guru"?

I'm just putting together publicly available information.

Ok you're right, I AM actually obsessed with options. I didn't hear my dealer or Porsche complain though...

I thought I was pretty good at figuring out the Porsche options but Mr. Groom definitely has me beat!

Just ordering my new 997tt. Here are the options i have so far below? Have I forgotten sth? Any suggestions? My deadline is tomorrow to change/add sth..

U2U2AT - gt-silber/Leder Schwarz
    534 - Diebstahlsicherung mit Innenraumüberwachung
    573 - Automatische Klimaanlage inkl. Aktivkohlefilter
    674 - Vorrüstung Vehicle Tracking System
    P16 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
    Antiblockiersystem (ABS)
    Elektrische Fensterheber
    Integrierte 3. Bremsleuchte
    Seitenairbag POSIP
    Wegfahrsperre
    Servolenkung
    Zentralverriegelung mit Funkfernbedienung
    220 - Mechanische Hinterachs-Quersperre
    342 - Sitzheizung vorn links und rechts
    425 - Heckscheibenwischer
    431 - 3-Speichen-Multifunktionslenkrad Glattleder
    450 - Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake
    454 - Tempostat
    498 - Entfall der Modellbezeichnung
    567 - Windschutzscheibe mit Graukeil
    635 - ParkAssistent
    640 - Sport Chrono Paket Plus
    650 - Elektrisches Schiebe-/Hubdach
    666 - Telefonmodul für PCM
    668 - Passivhörer für Telefonmodul
    672 - Erweitertes Navigationsmodul für
    692 - CD-Wechsler
    810 - Fussmatten Interieurfarbe Nubukeinfassung Porsche Schriftzug eingestickt
    CCP - PCM Paket Alu-Optik (Blende PCM, Blende Ablagefach, Blende Klimabedienteil, ScChaHlFterblend2e'1 u0)0.35
    CDD - Y-Blende 3-Speichen-Lenkrad/Multifunktionslenkrad in Alu-Optik
    CGA - Abdeckung Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage in Exterieurfarbe lackiert
    CNA - Defrosterblende mit Glattleder in Interieurfarbe bezogen
    CNE - In Exterieurfarbe lackiert: Spoilerlippe (Serie)
    CNG - In Exterieurfarbe lackiert: Heckunterteil (Serie)
    CPA - 3-Speichen-Lenkrad/-Multifunktionslenkrad Leder, aufgepolstert
    CPT - Deckel Ablagefach mit Porsche Wappen
    CXB - Einstiegsblenden aus Edelstahl mit beleuchtetem Schriftzug
    DAD - Schalt- und Handbremshebel Alu / Leder
    P01 - Adaptive Sportsitze
    XAJ - Schwellenverkleidung li/re in Exterieurfarbe
    XCG - Sportsitzrückenlehne in Alu-Optik lackiert
    XCK - Mittekonsole hinten Alu-Optik
    XCZ - Shortshift
    XEA - Passivhörer mit Leder bezogen
    XMP - Sonnenblenden in Leder
    XNS - Lenksäulenverkleidung in Leder
    XSC - Porsche Wappen auf Kopfstützen
    XTV - Interieur-Zusatzpaket Türtafel Leder
    XXZ - Fuss-Stütze in Sportoptik
    XZD - Abdeckung Innenleuchte in Leder

Mind posting that in English?

Congratulations on a well appointed vehicle! You may want to consider the followin:
    XNG INSTRUMENT SURROUND LEATHER
    XNS STEERING COLUMN CASING LEATHER
    XTG INNER SILL FINISHERS LEATHER
    XMZ REAR SECTION OF CONSOLE LEATHER
    CUJ FUSE BOX TRIM LEATHER
    CVW REAR VIEW MIRROR LEATHER
    XMA, DAA, DAB, DAC A, B, C, PILLARS LEATHER, ROOF LINER LEATHER
    The aluminum look of the carbon belt outlet B pillar (CJJ) would be nice.
    The black leather is not as high a quality as natural leather in very dark grey. I understand that it is 90% as dark as the black. Deviated carpet color of black would tie in with some of your other choices.
    The CPA could be substituted with a Techart steering wheel.
    Good luck with your deliberations!

Congrats! I understand the codes but not the German? Thats one heavily optioned car. Should be a beauty! Enjoy in good health!

PS. Try not to change it after tomorrow or you might get delayed (ask Atomic80). Thanks for the advice this morning Jason, I appreciate it!

Woahh. You've got to have the most heavily optioned 997 on this board.

A few things I'd change:

* Natural Dark Grey interior (option code 05) with deviated black carpets (24951AT). Better leather quality, feel and scent, and almost the same color.
    However, the stock carpets in the Dark Grey interior are IMHO a bit on the bright side, which is why I suggest you replace them with black carpets. I think atomic80 will concur.

* drop the CD changer. The PCM drive can read MP3 CDs. That's already enough for me. Besides, if you want an iPod adapter, you'll have to drop the CD changer.

* CDA Air vent slats Alu Look. IMHO a must with the Alu Look PCM (option CCP).
    (The part surrounding air vents will be in black/dark grey leather. This option basically inverts the stock color scheme.)

I'd also add:
    ** CNB (Defroster slats in leather. They're on the sides, and not included in CNA);
    ** XNG (Instrument surround in leather).

For the record, I ordered that exact combination (CNA+CNB+CDA+CCP+XNG) on my car.

* CVW Rear view mirror in leather. It's pretty cheap, and it's something you'll look at every day (unlike the fuse box).

* DAA, DAB, DAC are a nice finishing touch. They cover the last few remaining plastic parts with leather, e.g. behind the side mirrors, or clothes hooks, rear seat release levers....

* CCW Belt outlet on B pillar Alu Look. You have to check whether it's compatible with the DAB option (which includes a similar part in leather). I know the generally more accurate 2D configurator rejects DAB+CCW, but CCW would be preferable in a car with an Aluminum theme such as yours. Ask your dealer to order it and he'll find out.

* CVT Door and rear speakers leather. Order them if you choose the Dark Grey interior instead of Black. Indeed, if you leave them stock, they'd be painted black. Then, you'd notice the difference with the slightly brighter Dark Grey leather.

* CUV (Storage compartment lid with Turbo logo) instead of CPT (Storage compartment lid with Porsche crest). You already have the Porsche crest on the seats. Adding yet another one would be over the top.

* CDZ Gear lever trim in leather. It ties the shifter boot and the PCM nicely together. Strongly recommended from a consistency point of view.

Hi, fortunately, I ordered my car in Germany too so I remember the codes AND the German names.

Just my 2 cents:

I don't feel XSC and CPT go well. A crest on both head restraints and also on the centre console lid. It's too many crest IMHO. Why not try CUV (model logo) instead of CPT?

I think you should get XTG (inner sills in leather).

You're picking a lot of alu-look options. Just one question: have you seen how these will look with your own eyes? If yes and you are happy with that, then that's great! BUT, if you haven't seen it for real and you are basing your choice just on photos, I would suggest you think carefully about this. Alu-look IMO only looks good in small pieces. Large pieces look quite plasticky IMHO. (No offence intended - just my opinion on a matter of taste - if you love it, great for you!) [Same comment applies to the rear seat backs in alu look: XCG and PCM in alu-look CCP]

BTW, I don't think you can order CCW (alu look B pillar) at the same time as DAB (B pillar in leather). You may be able to order DAB on your car and then get your dealer to order CCW on another car, then have it retrofitted locally by your dealer.

Get CNB as well IMHO. It will complete the look you are creating with CNA.

I agree with Groom: drop the CD changer. No need given PCM CD plays mp3 CDs plus iPod will mean removing the CD changer anyway.

Are you sure you want a rear wiper on a sports car? It doesn't have a water jet BTW. I guess it's useful for shifting the snow we've been having.

Just my 2 cents Good luck...

Thansk a lot guys. A few points/questions:
    Black/ natural grey. I really dont like the natural grey too much. I know its better quality leather but debated for a while and could not decide on this.
    - Are you sure I can't have the cd changer with the Denison IPOD interface?
    - I think I have CDA (air vents in aluminium already), I'll check asap
    - I ll look into the CNB.
    - XNG (Instrument surround in leather). Should i get these in laether or alumimium you think?
    - CVW Rear view mirror in leather- I ll get that
    - DAA, DAB, DAC - will look ito that as well
    - CVT Door and rear speakers leather- will keep the car black so was thinking of keeping these in plastic black since they get dirty
    - CUV (Storage compartment lid with Turbo logo) instead of CPT (Storage compartment lid with Porsche crest)- Now that's a dilemma.. I thought that turbo logo is a bit more "childish" so I chose the porsche logo instead. but you have a point on there. Will probably change it.
    - CDZ Gear lever trim in leather. Now the dealer recommended the alu look handbreak and gearshift. Like the former/ hate the latter. Shold i try to mix and match?
    Also have dilemma about rear console. Should it be in alumimium or black leather given the rest of the alu parts in the car?
    Do you guys know what "Rote Heckleuchten (frühestens verfügbar ab 03/2007)" is? It just came up on the german site.
    your opinions are very welcome!

Quote:
    GT said:
    Thansk a lot guys. A few points/questions:
    Black/ natural grey. I really dont like the natural grey too much. I know its better quality leather but debated for a while and could not decide on this.

Your car, your decision!
    If you don't like the color, don't do it.

Quote:
    GT said:
    - Are you sure I can't have the cd changer with the Denison IPOD interface?

I need to check into this but so far all aftermarket add-ons (sat radio, iPod adapters) have taken over the changer's slot on the MOST bus. The Dension Gateway 500 probably fools the system into thinking it's the CD changer as well.

Quote:
    GT said:
    - XNG (Instrument surround in leather). Should i get these in laether or alumimium you think?

Quote:
    GT said:
    Also have dilemma about rear console. Should it be in alumimium or black leather given the rest of the alu parts in the car?

Your car, your decision!
    However, I agree with easy rider and think too much alu colored plastic is not necessarily a good thing.

FWIW I got the rear console in leather instead of "Aluminum Look".

Regarding the instrument surround, I'd pick the same trim as the rear console, i.e. rear console in leather => instrument surround in leather.

Quote:
    GT said:
    - CVT Door and rear speakers leather- will keep the car black so was thinking of keeping these in plastic black since they get dirty

Good point in a black interior.

Quote:
    GT said:
    - CDZ Gear lever trim in leather. Now the dealer recommended the alu look handbreak and gearshift. Like the former/ hate the latter. Shold i try to mix and match?

I think your dealer is talking about the ECA option. The option code is the same, but the actual content has changed last November.

Before, the ECA option was called "Gear Lever and Handbrake Aluminum Look". Same parts as in the Carbon or Wood interior packages, but painted silver. This must be the option your dealer is thinking of, but it's no longer available (by the way I agree it looked cheap! ).

Now, the ECA option is called "Gear Lever and Handbrake in Aluminum". This time, you're getting a different design, and genuine aluminum parts. However, I don't have pictures, sorry.

The DAD option (which you selected) is also another "Gear Lever and Handbrake in Aluminum", but it has a different design, and full stitching. IMHO stick to this option.

By the way, if you don't like the gear lever of the DAD option, the handbrake is also available separately as option CFP.

Quote:
    GT said:
    Do you guys know what "Rote Heckleuchten (frühestens verfügbar ab 03/2007)" is? It just came up on the german site.

Full red tail lights. I haven't seen it in person, though. There is a thread on the German board about it.

I do have the natural grey interior and I do think that it'd be nice to get the deviated black carpeting with this option. It's simply sublime and super soft to the touch. Much better than the standard black leather but of course it's all entirely subjective. When I compared the two, I found that I preferred the natural leather. I just wish that I had known that the carpeting was going to be grey instead of black.

And I'd still get the CD changer...you never know when it could be useful. I have it and the Dension Gateway unit too. Both can be used at the same time. NavTV does not allow the use of the CD changer.

Overall, I think you've put together a GREAT car!

Thanks for your input, atomic80. I didn't know the Dension Gateway 500 let you keep the changer.

By the way, one more thing about the "gear lever trim in XXX" options. Poorly worded options, since there are two different "gear lever trims".
    "Gear lever trim in leather" is the part that is between the shifter boot and the PCM (i.e. in front of the shifter boot).
    "Gear lever trim alu look/black/exterior color" is the silver piece that lies between the shifter area and the rear center console (i.e. below the shifter boot).

Here's a picture:

The red circle is CDZ Gear Lever Trim in Leather;
    The black trim below is CMG Gear Lever Trim Black.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I do have the natural grey interior and I do think that it'd be nice to get the deviated black carpeting with this option. It's simply sublime and super soft to the touch. Much better than the standard black leather but of course it's all entirely subjective. When I compared the two, I found that I preferred the natural leather. I just wish that I had known that the carpeting was going to be grey instead of black.

And I'd still get the CD changer...you never know when it could be useful. I have it and the Dension Gateway unit too. Both can be used at the same time. NavTV does not allow the use of the CD changer.

Overall, I think you've put together a GREAT car!

Upps! I just (reluctantly) took the cd changer out.. Maybe can still put it in. Pls explain to me, how does this work? There is a way to be able to use both together? What is navTV? Is it an add on?

Nav TV was the first iPod adapter for the 997 to hit the market.
    Rushed job though, the Dension Gateway 500 is much better.

Sorry I didn't explain the differences between the NavTV and the Dension unit.

I would also definitely recommend getting option CDZ (leather gear shift trim). It goes a long way in tying the shifter boot to the console. I wish I got it. Now I'm in the process of trying to order it from my dealership but because it's an exclusive item, I've had to jump through a few hoops to get it ordered.

Quote:
    GT said:

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    GT said:

Now that's interesting.. Do you guys think its nicer to get those rear lights? My dealer said that it might delay production and thus to leave it out. It can be retrofitable though.
    Re dension unit, if I understand correctly it definatelly allows a cd changer as well right?

Yes, Dension unit will DEFINITELY allow you to use the CD changer. And I'm not a big fan of the all red tailights but then again it's personal preference. I might change my thoughts on that after I've seen a better picture.

I have the Nav TV installed with no CD changer. I don't miss a CD changer as my I pod has my whole CD collection recorded at a 320 level. The single CD player in the car suffices to play a non recorded addition. (i.e. never missed the ability to have the ability to play additional CD's)
    Congratulations on a very nicely appointed vehicle!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764008 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436311 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260957 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257892 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82596 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876681 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808687 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM