Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Black/Terracotta Interior

I am thinking to order 997S convertible (may be coupe) with two Black/Terracotta Interior sport seats. Ext color probably black. anybody has pictures of such car, I would think that it should be 2007 car also how the sport seats look in convertible...I will use the car as a daily driver I am ordering porsche sport exchaust anybody can explain how it works and what sound to expect..Thanks in avance

Re: Black/Terracotta Interior

You mean two-toned or bi-color interior, right?

Here's some photos (note: I'm not condoning this option )

and this:

here's a nudder:

Many thanks thats what I was searching for

Can anybody post the black on beige to compare?

actually to be accurate it is Black/Sand Beige Interior

Ask and ye shall receive

and:

How about... .

many thanks again! Tough call but the last one is too bright for me. I also like to ask about 997s convertible expierence, my dealer says that with soft top on its almost like a coupe, meaning the isolation is great. As a matter of fact I saw 4s997 convertible int he delaership when iw as there with my cayenne and the onwer said no problem to drive in winter and it pretty cold now here. I am going to use this car on daily basis, with the roof up (I am from Toronto) many days I wonder how noisy it is...

My opinion is that the two tone will make black floor mats match better with the lighter interior..

You may want to consider the no-cost option black instrument faces with the two tone...(sorry only this stone grey/black sample pic).. with the black gauges it flows better in my opinion:

- also note the dark floor mats in this pic.. per the good suggestion by W211 above post^

Quote:
    cer300 said:
    I am going to use this car on daily basis, with the roof up (I am from Toronto) many days I wonder how noisy it is...

Not the greatest place for a convertible. Order a hardtop WHEN you order the car it's muuuuch less expensive that way.

OTOH, maybe think long and hard about getting a Cab where seasons/climate are adverse to it's use.

Quiet? They've done amazing soundproofing (in my 986S) so it's not perfect but it's also not a big issue.

IMO..2 tone looks much better when combined with a cabriolet than the coupé.

the question is how different convertible is from the coupe noise isolation wise and insulation wise (with coldwinter here its not easy some times) with roof closed in 997s case. I am leaning towards convertible since I have sport coupe already. To have f430 coupe and 997 coupe dont make sense yet coupe is the real driving expierence in my view.

Quote:
    cer300 said:
    the question is how different convertible is from the coupe noise isolation wise and insulation wise (with coldwinter here its not easy some times) with roof closed in 997s case.

The answer is not as much as you'd maybe expect. I have a 986S and a 997S Coupe. I drive them both on the highway. With the top up the Boxster is about as quiet as the coupe. I never measured it nor have I been annoyed by the differences.

Do you mind the diffrent _look_ of the cab vs. coupe? If so I'd (just my opinion) shy away from it given your colder lattitude/region.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    cer300 said:
    I am going to use this car on daily basis, with the roof up (I am from Toronto) many days I wonder how noisy it is...

Not the greatest place for a convertible. Order a hardtop WHEN you order the car it's muuuuch less expensive that way.

Sorry but this is b*llocks. I use my Cab 365/24/7 in Chicago and it is the perfect car. It makes you appreciate the weather so much more. A Spring day with the top down, or late Fall day are absolute bliss and not to be missed.

You can use it with the top down when the outside temp is above 40F without problems. Yesterday we had 11F, not counting windchill and I drove around in a shirt and no jacket without feeling cold (roof up of course!). You don't need the hard top if the car can handle those temps. Today it will get used again and the temp is supposed to be 0F or below. No problem. Just remember winter tires are ESSENTIAL! Buy a set of 18" Turbo Twist knock-offs and appropriate tires from TireRack or equivalent.

The car is marginally noisier than the Coupe but not to a level that irritates or tires you.

The only thing to consider in Toronto is awd and the C4/C4S if you plan to drive all year round. You might also want to find somewhere with a power hose to clean the car of salt when you come back from a run.

Buy and enjoy and don't listen to the wussy comments!

I agree coupe looks nicer, its not easy to decide. You would suprise but we have here a lot of convertible type of weather, not cold and not super hot, I find it the most find to drive in such weather. I am not planing hard top if I go for convertible, it looks like I am going to order a lot of option so may be convertible resale value will be better. I would love to see convertible with sport seats picture. Too bad its a winter now and I can test in the same days boths 997s coupe and convertible to compare. I am planning to order next week, so I will probably take convertible with roof up for a test drive.

Quote:
    Le Chef said:

LOL. I make self-admitted (and infrequent) ahole comments NOT wussy comments.

Sure get the Cab and drop the top when it's cold and you're alone. The wife will HATE it even with heated seats. My current wife will NOT "enjoy" dropped tops on less than perfect days.

Better yet get the hard top (order it when you order car!) and remove it when it's summer.

You have to guage your own personality. Wonderful topless windblown bliss aside I personally have lost my enthusiasm for driving my Boxster (I have a 997S too) on cold days with the top down. It's f'king depressing to realise what a "stupid" desperate thing I'm trying to do: hold onto when I lived in San Diego! BTW, turing the heat on full blast DOES nullify the windchill.

BTW, here's a hard top

Quote:
    cer300 said:
    I would love to see convertible with sport seats picture.

stock seats in cab:

sand beige A.S.S.:

(Note: grey seats posted above MIGHT have "soft leather")

Here's yer Terracotta A.S.S.:

I had TT 996 and I am not a big fan of 4 wheel drive. With rear wheel drive and winter tires you are fine here, as long as you dont plan a visit of north territories.

Quote:
    cer300 said:
    I had TT 996 and I am not a big fan of 4 wheel drive. With rear wheel drive and winter tires you are fine here, as long as you dont plan a visit of north territories.

You're welcome.

For the record, the interior color in the bright blue cab is actually Natural brown leather, not Sand beige.

I doubt anyone else has exactly the same color combo (and wood options) as Rennteam member Dan L.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Le Chef said:

LOL. I make self-admitted (and infrequent) ahole comments NOT wussy comments.

Sure get the Cab and drop the top when it's cold and you're alone. The wife will HATE it even with heated seats. My current wife will NOT "enjoy" dropped tops on less than perfect days.

Better yet get the hard top (order it when you order car!) and remove it when it's summer.

You have to guage your own personality. Wonderful topless windblown bliss aside I personally have lost my enthusiasm for driving my Boxster (I have a 997S too) on cold days with the top down. It's f'king depressing to realise what a "stupid" desperate thing I'm trying to do: hold onto when I lived in San Diego! BTW, turing the heat on full blast DOES nullify the windchill.

Cabs are FUN top down in the snow. They are even more fun at night in the snow. Im not talking about a blizzard. Its just there is something special(other than maybe freezing!) when you drive a Porsche after it has snowed.

And Xmas trees look great coming home on a coupe.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

I'm doing the Rennteam chant: "Pictures, pictures, post some pictures!"

LOL

Quote:
    Puffy911 said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

I'm doing the Rennteam chant: "Pictures, pictures, post some pictures!"

LOL

This is all I got on this topic.

The more I see this color combo the more I like it. Not sure if I would buy it though but I like it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690221 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409575 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858300 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774514 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM