Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aston Martin goes to Louis Vuitton

So the gentlemens gt carmaker is snatched up by the pursemaker.

Its quite bizarre.

What where the main causes of Aston Martin selling its company?????

I mean, the new v8 vantage is one of the best looking cars in the world, the db9 is also incredible !!!

What?, there wasnt a big demand??

you guys better dont show this news to your wifes !!!!

Ford, the parent company, is bleeding red ink, so they're having a fire sale. AM being profitable but non-strategic, they went first on the auction block. I wonder whether Volvo and Mazda are next.

Aston Martin also needs investment for the Rapide 4 door car.

Plus the engines need to be updated because the power and torque figures are not impressive compared to displacement, gearboxes need to be improved, aluminium chassis' need to lose weight, electronics need to be made more reliable and build quality needs to improve. all of this costs money that Ford does not want to spend.

competitors are also due soon including audi r8 and new maserati coupe and next mercedes sl.

so definitely a good time to sell

How do you jump from making handbags to cars?

Quote:
    Mike S said:

NO mike LVMH is not only handbag or shoes is the most important brand of luxury brands... look at this www.lvmh.com Ok they have no experience but i think lvmh have the right "key" for Aston Martin

Quote:
    mikigta said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

NO mike LVMH is not only handbag or shoes is the most important brand of luxury brands... look at this www.lvmh.com Ok they have no experience but i think lvmh have the right "key" for Aston Martin

Speaking of keys, hopefully they can get rid of the horrid leather-wrapped Ford key that is used atm in Aston's

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    mikigta said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Speaking of keys, hopefully they can get rid of the horrid leather-wrapped Ford key that is used atm in Aston's

I am so happy I do not own a beautiful Aston...
    I wonder what that car will become ?
    It is really just a beautiful car, but nothing more, and might become only a luxury accessory with fashion LV leather seats !

will we see aston with special leather interior by louis vuitton?

Quote:
    andrea said:
    will we see aston with special leather interior by louis vuitton?

No, but we will see a space for two bottle of Moet&Chandon instead of Coca-cola

Thanks Ron.

It's going to be very interesting to see what LVMH is going to do with Aston Martin, and if they know enough about cars and car manufacturing to make it work.

But f.ex. Tag Heuer seems to be prospering under LVMH ownership, so maybe....

This will at least please my wife, she loves both Aston and Louis Vuitton. And if you can get an Aston Martin with a custom LV luggage set in the future, she will go off the scale

Quote:
    temm said:
    Thanks Ron.

It's going to be very interesting to see what LVMH is going to do with Aston Martin, and if they know enough about cars and car manufacturing to make it work.

This will at least please my wife, she loves both Aston and Louis Vuitton. And if you can get an Aston Martin with a custom LV luggage set in the future, she will go off the scale

Temm this is a big problem for you

Good bye Aston

Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Good bye Aston

Why

so Aston martin become a female company!?

Poor Aston Martin. Sold off to LVMH. I know LVMH is a brilliantly successful group with some of the most amazing couture, luggage, watch, alcohol and perfume brands but they have no street credibility when it comes to sports cars. I just lost whatever respect I had for Aston Martin since the introduction of the DB9. This has finally sealed Aston Martin's reputation as a fine producer of cars "as jewellery".

www.lvmh.com

I ve heard some rumors about BMW is also in the competition

LVMH is, well big. They also seem to be a hands off overlord. However the money to design a new perfume is quite a bit different to what's needed to design a new engine... here's a not comprehensive list, but almost of their holdings.

La Tribune (Newspaper & Media company)
    Moet & Chandon
    Dom Perignon
    Veuve Clicquot
    Krug
    Mercier
    Ruinart
    Chateau d'Yquem
    Hennessy
    Glenmorangie
    Belvedere
    Chopin
    Domanine Chandon
    Luis Vuitton
    Loewe
    Berulti
    Kenzo
    Givenchy
    Marc Jabobs
    Fendi
    StefanoBi
    Emilio Pucci
    Thomas Pink
    Donna Karen
    Tag Hueur
    Zenith
    Dior Watches
    Chaumet
    Omas
    DeBeers
    Dior Perfume
    Guerlain
    Parfumes Givinchy
    Kenzo Parfums
    Acqua di Parma
    Fresh

Looks like my dream of a V12 Range Rover are out the window...:(

Quote:
    temm said:
    Thanks Ron.

I kind of think they complement each other as long as they let Dr. Bez run the car business.
    My wife was very excited and was asking they offer free purses when you buy a AM car now .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    I kind of think they complement each other as long as they let Dr. Bez run the car business.
    My wife was very excited and was asking they offer free purses when you buy a AM car now .

Thats the new incentive in the business now, it'll make it easier for husbands to buy a new Aston Marin

LVMH has cash, just what AM needs...

That sounds like good news to me.
    A company that needs luxury brands is a great buyer for aston martin.

I am taking a wait and see approach. As SciFrog mentions, LVMH has cash. That could be a great thing for AM. On the other hand, what do they know about making cars? Surely they know about marketing luxury items. I hope AM does not become "all sizzle, no steak".

Since LVMH is mainly an umbrella marketing group and has no hope in a thousand years to put together the manpower or resources to engineer super premium cars for it's super picky and easily distracted clients in this most complexly regulated of all consumer products ( we are not talking $3000 basic transportation for emerging countries ) , Ford will now charge THEM billions to quietly continue to engineer these cars . Brilliant move on Ford's part .

Great,so much 4 buying a fake aston now.

LVMH is not buying aston anymore!

Motor Trend is disputing yesterday's published reports that Brit luxury/sports car manufacturer Aston Martin will be sold to Louis Vuitton. According to MT, which cites "well-placed" UK sources, Aston's bags are packed and ready to leave Ford, but they do not have that iconic "LV" logo on them. Apparently the buyer is a group of high-finance types we've never heard of. They're set to pony up around $1 billion for the storied automaker.

The sale is said to include the factory, and Ford is still expected to retain a stake in the company. Motor Trend can't resist needling Autobild and the blogosphere for (supposedly) getting the buyer wrong. (Marketwatch, the major outlet that ran the story yesterday, gets a pass.) Somewhat ironically, MT uses its own blog to get its version of the Aston saga out to the public.

How will a small manufactere like Auston Martin stai profitable being so smal?? The future doesn't look good for them!

Well, they charge a lot for the cars they produce. Price of exclusivity.

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    How will a small manufactere like Auston Martin stai profitable being so smal?? The future doesn't look good for them!

Given the V8 Vantage and upcoming Rapide (is that official yet BTW ), I'd say their future looks better than their past

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM