Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

CCM brakes on F430

Does anybody have the CCM brakes fitted? What are your opinions on them? Are they too grabby with normal road use?

After thinking long and hard I have decided to take the plunge and add to the farm a F430. Here is my spec so far - comments as always very much appreciated;

Grigio Silverstone
    interior in two tone cuoio/nero with amber stitiching.
    bluetooth
    brake calliper rosso corsa
    ccm brakes - comments please!
    anti stone chipping kit
    electrical seats with heating
    Scuderia Ferrari emblems on front wings
    Sat Nav - comments please!!
    parking sensors front and rear - very important in Portugal!
    roof in leather
    hifi system with subwoofer
    rear leather bench
    leather sill panel kit

Any help would be great as I am placing the order next week

Re: CCM brakes on F430

CCMs are a must have option of F430. They could be little bit more noisy then normal brakes,but they are very powefull and have a constant pedal feel.
    Navigation-dated Becker unit, overpriced as well.

Regarding specific questions Rossi(our Ferrari expert here!) will help you...

BTW, F1 or manual?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    CCMs are a must have option of F430. They could be little bit more noisy then normal brakes,but they are very powefull and have a constant pedal feel.
    Navigation-dated Becker unit, overpriced as well.

Regarding specific questions Rossi(our Ferrari expert here!) will help you...

BTW, F1 or manual?

F1 coupe

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    anti stone chipping kit
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    leather sill panel kit

As Kreso said, CCM brakes are simply great. Yes, they are damn expensive and many (if not most) of us won't really need them due to our driving behaviour, but to me they are a must have. They perform absolutely great, doesn't matter if warm or cold, braking power is absolutely stunning and finally they look gorgeous.

To me a car like the F430 deserves the best brakes currently available (as the 997tt or GT3 does BTW). When the brakes are hot, they'll make a scratching noise and sometimes you can smell the burnt carbon, but that's it. Pedal feel is always constant, no matter how hard you use them.

Regarding your other options:
    Grigio silverstone/cuoio is one of the nicest combinations.
    Shields, red brake calipers, full leather interior will look great. Check the leather sills, before ordering, if you really like the entry sills of the doors covered with leather. Parking sensors are nice and weren't available when I ordered my car. Electrical heated seats are okay. When ordering the HiFi system, be aware that you will get a subwoofer between the seats, what means less storage room for bags for example. IMO a HiFi system is not really needed in a car like the F430, but to each his own. The SatNav system is the newer generation Becker unit. No longer CD-based anymore, but a harddisc with whole Europe. It works fine but has no LCD screen as standard at other systems. As Kreso said, the system is still overpriced (but what isn't at Ferrari? ). AFAIK the Bluetooth comes now as standard with the new Navisystem.

BTW, thanks for the nice words, Kreso.

I have CCM's on mine and the best part is my car is still looking good after a few hard brakes instead of looking like the Carrera which looks like it has black rims from all the brake dust

You have a very nicely optioned out car, when do you expect to take delivery?

Delivery to be confirmed next week - estimate is 3 to 4 months. The dealer has to wait until I've settled on the spec before being able to confirm exact date. But before summer delivery is perfect!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    anti stone chipping kit
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    leather sill panel kit

As Kreso said, CCM brakes are simply great. Yes, they are damn expensive and many (if not most) of us won't really need them due to our driving behaviour, but to me they are a must have. They perform absolutely great, doesn't matter if warm or cold, braking power is absolutely stunning and finally they look gorgeous.

To me a car like the F430 deserves the best brakes currently available (as the 997tt or GT3 does BTW). When the brakes are hot, they'll make a scratching noise and sometimes you can smell the burnt carbon, but that's it. Pedal feel is always constant, no matter how hard you use them.

Regarding your other options:
    Grigio silverstone/cuoio is one of the nicest combinations.
    Shields, red brake calipers, full leather interior will look great. Check the leather sills, before ordering, if you really like the entry sills of the doors covered with leather. Parking sensors are nice and weren't available when I ordered my car. Electrical heated seats are okay. When ordering the HiFi system, be aware that you will get a subwoofer between the seats, what means less storage room for bags for example. IMO a HiFi system is not really needed in a car like the F430, but to each his own. The SatNav system is the newer generation Becker unit. No longer CD-based anymore, but a harddisc with whole Europe. It works fine but has no LCD screen as standard at other systems. As Kreso said, the system is still overpriced (but what isn't at Ferrari? ). AFAIK the Bluetooth comes now as standard with the new Navisystem.

BTW, thanks for the nice words, Kreso.

Rossi - thanks for your input. Couple of questions for the Rennteam expert!!

The leather door sills have a kick plate - but am I going for overkill? The metal sills as standard also look great.

electrical seats with heating are a concession to my wife...any comments about how many cars I buy are all forgotten once she gets into a seat with heating!!

How does the sat nav display itself? The dealer was very vague in his description.

I will take the CCM - its something that if I don't I will wish I had when the car arrives - like my 997TT which I wish I had taken the pccb when I ordered. I guess its just taking that plunge with new technology which makes me nervous but nobody I have ever spoken to has ever said "i wish I didn't have those damn ceramic brakes fitted!!"

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Rossi - thanks for your input. Couple of questions for the Rennteam expert!!

The leather door sills have a kick plate - but am I going for overkill? The metal sills as standard also look great.

electrical seats with heating are a concession to my wife...any comments about how many cars I buy are all forgotten once she gets into a seat with heating!!

How does the sat nav display itself? The dealer was very vague in his description.

I will take the CCM - its something that if I don't I will wish I had when the car arrives - like my 997TT which I wish I had taken the pccb when I ordered. I guess its just taking that plunge with new technology which makes me nervous but nobody I have ever spoken to has ever said "i wish I didn't have those damn ceramic brakes fitted!!"

The kick plates of the leather covered sills are rather small. There's a front part in aluminium, the rest is leather. Take a look at the pic I've posted below. If you don't have the leather sills, this (inner) part of the sills will be covered with carpet . The aluminium is only the outer part of the sills, you will get that in any case, no matter if you'll go for the leather option or not.

If you ask me, the leather sills are a waste of money, as this is a part of the car, where I don't need leather but carpet. But that's certainly a matter of personal preference.

Now I can clearly understand, why you go for the heated seats. I would have chosen heated seats as well, if they were available withouth the elcetrical seats. I recognized, that I hardly never change my seats except back and forth. For that I don't need electrical seats. Most probably I will go with the racing seats next time anyway, if they are as gorgeous as in case of the 599 GTB.

The new SatNav is identical with the Becker Cascade 7944 Navi and looks like this (only saying "Ferrari" instead of "Becker"):

It has 64 MB RAM and 32 MB Flash memory, for 34 European countries and 14 languages. The route guidance is done by announcement in natural voice and the on the display you can see turn-offs with side roads, numerical display and decreasing bars up to turn-off point, current road, turn-off road, estimated time of arrival, current position, remaining journey time, remaining distance and time. Of course there is no map function, as the screen is much too small for that.

Good choice to go for the CCM, try them and you'll never regret it - I promise. They are simply stunning and the future of braking technology.

Here is the pic of the leather sills BTW:

... and here's a pic of the Ferrari version of the Becker unit, taken from FerrariChat user Nasharty:

Rossi, have made a couple of changes....

Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    brake calliper YELLOW
    ccm brakes
    anti stone chipping kit
    Sat Nav
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    Rev counter in Yellow
    battery charger

Any clue what the parking sensors look like on the rear or front? I'm thinking that if they stand out too much I will probably just have them on the rear.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    ... and here's a pic of the Ferrari version of the Becker unit, taken from FerrariChat user Nasharty:

And thanks for this info - I get it now! Not the most impressive system but driving and map reading has never been my strong point...and as for my wife!!!!

Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    brake calliper YELLOW
    ccm brakes
    anti stone chipping kit
    Sat Nav
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    Rev counter in Yellow
    battery charger

Any clue what the parking sensors look like on the rear or front? I'm thinking that if they stand out too much I will probably just have them on the rear.

Kunal has the parking sensors on their F430 Spider, I'm sure he can post a pic for you.

I wouldn't recommend the sound system, it still sucks! Rather get aftermarket sound if you're looking for quality and the price is better (not that it really matters since you're ordering a F430 )

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

And thanks for this info - I get it now! Not the most impressive system but driving and map reading has never been my strong point...and as for my wife!!!!

To date I have still not ever used my Bluetooth or SatNav once! Too complicated....

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Not the most impressive system but driving and map reading has never been my strong point...and as for my wife!!!!

Well how could she, always sleeping in her heated seat.

Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    brake calliper YELLOW
    ccm brakes
    anti stone chipping kit
    Sat Nav
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    Rev counter in Yellow
    battery charger

Yellow calipers might look better in combination with the yellow SF-shields in the fenders, but I guess they will be more noticable than red ones.
    Yellow rev counter looks nice (red also does, but I prefer yellow). Which interior do you get? Carbon trim or aluminium inserts?

Forget about the battery charger, not worth the money. You'll only get a charger in a leather suitcase as well as two connections for it in the boot. AFAIK it costs around 800 Euro, you can get the same system for 50 Euro without the case. The connections in the boot are no more useful than unscrewing the alu-plate in the passenger's foot-compartment and putting the charger right at the poles of the battery IMO.

Concerning parking sensors, I think they look quite good, just as in case of the current Porsche models. They are visible, but I think they don't disturb too much. Here are some pics of Jean Todt's blue F430 Spider with parking sensors front and rear. At least at the rear they are hardly visible if you ask me.

Rossi,

I'm getting the Aluminium inserts - going for the stylish rather than racey look.

You're right the sensors are hardly noticable - front or rear. I think if I was getting a lighter colour could be an issue but in Silverstone should hardly be able to see them.

Bluetooth would just for me to connect my phone - do you know if any phone will connect to the system? In my Jaguar you can only use certain models.

If it's just a battery charger (I though maybe they would do something special!) then Euro800 is crazy...even for Ferrari. I'll get an after market trickle one instead.

Ah, the Sat Nav question. If I don't get it am I going to wish I had or if I do am I never going to use it!! Seems like the system is over complicated but I think I'll probably get it because of the aggrevation of fitting one afterwards if I change my mind!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    brake calliper YELLOW
    ccm brakes
    anti stone chipping kit
    Sat Nav
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    Rev counter in Yellow
    battery charger

Kunal has the parking sensors on their F430 Spider, I'm sure he can post a pic for you.

I wouldn't recommend the sound system, it still sucks! Rather get aftermarket sound if you're looking for quality and the price is better (not that it really matters since you're ordering a F430 )

The sound system is not so important but I'd rather have it upgraded now....in Portugal the after market fitters are not the most careful or used to working on high vehicles and you can imagine my face if I find scratches on the leather when they jam in a new unit!

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:

Grigio Silverstone
    bluetooth
    brake calliper YELLOW
    ccm brakes
    anti stone chipping kit
    Sat Nav
    roof in leather
    rear leather bench
    Rev counter in Yellow
    battery charger

The sound system is not so important but I'd rather have it upgraded now....in Portugal the after market fitters are not the most careful or used to working on high vehicles and you can imagine my face if I find scratches on the leather when they jam in a new unit!

I understand what you mean about able aftermarket fitters. Same story here in deep dark Africa

Rossi,

Any thoughts on having a fire extinguisher? Or am I just trying to find an option that has less than 4 numbers in it!!?

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Rossi,

I'm getting the Aluminium inserts - going for the stylish rather than racey look.

You're right the sensors are hardly noticable - front or rear. I think if I was getting a lighter colour could be an issue but in Silverstone should hardly be able to see them.

Bluetooth would just for me to connect my phone - do you know if any phone will connect to the system? In my Jaguar you can only use certain models.

If it's just a battery charger (I though maybe they would do something special!) then Euro800 is crazy...even for Ferrari. I'll get an after market trickle one instead.

Ah, the Sat Nav question. If I don't get it am I going to wish I had or if I do am I never going to use it!! Seems like the system is over complicated but I think I'll probably get it because of the aggrevation of fitting one afterwards if I change my mind!

I don't know with which mobiles the Becker unit does work. At the Becker homepage they say something about Bluetooth Profil HFP 1.0, but I have no clue what that means.

I don't think the new Becker Navi is too complicated (although I never tried one). The main reason why I didn't get SatNav when I bought my car was, that at this time only the ancient CD-based Becker Navi system was available. Today I would consider ordering it. OTOH I have NEVER missed it so far.
    So I guess it's up to you, depending on where and how often you drive the car.

Anyway, if you don't get it you could fit one of those afterwards...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Rossi,

I don't know with which mobiles the Becker unit does work. At the Becker homepage they say something about Bluetooth Profil HFP 1.0, but I have no clue what that means.

I don't think the new Becker Navi is too complicated (although I never tried one). The main reason why I didn't get SatNav when I bought my car was, that at this time only the ancient CD-based Becker Navi system was available. Today I would consider ordering it. OTOH I have NEVER missed it so far.
    So I guess it's up to you, depending on where and how often you drive the car.

Anyway, if you don't get it you could fit one of those afterwards...

nice option!

I'll get the Sat Nav and then post a report on it when it arrives. Seems there is alot of different opinions and Rossi, thanks for your help here....anytime you pass through Portugal I owe you a beer! ....and you too Mike

Here's yet a pic of Ferrari's infamous battery charger. In the upper part you can see the two connections, which are hidden behind a panel in the boot. Without the charger you don't get those connections, you have to put the charger directly to the battery.
    The lower part of the pic is a chart of the charger and its fine leather housing. Hey, it's made by Schedoni, so you know why you pay so much.

Regarding fire extinguisher, this one is located in the passenger's foot compartment. It may bother your wife, while sleeping in her heated seat.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here's yet a pic of Ferrari's infamous battery charger. In the upper part you can see the two connections, which are hidden behind a panel in the boot. Without the charger you don't get those connections, you have to put the charger directly to the battery.
    The lower part of the pic is a chart of the charger and its fine leather housing. Hey, it's made by Schedoni, so you know why you pay so much.

Regarding fire extinguisher, this one is located in the passenger's foot compartment. It may bother your wife, while sleeping in her heated seat.

For Euro 800 I can connect an after market to the battery!

And when driving its a positive that my wife sleeps so if I had to choose between her or the fire extinguisher....no contest - the extinguisher is out (I hope she's reading this!)

... chart of the fire extinguisher, doesn't look that good IMO and I doubt it will help if the F430 goes up in flames (as some Ferrari tend to do ):

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    ... chart of the fire extinguisher, doesn't look that good IMO and I doubt it will help if the F430 goes up in flames (as some Ferrari tend to do ):

Here is a pic of the inside of my F430 the day I picked it up.

You can see the top of the fire extinguisher just over the center console of the car.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

You can see the top of the fire extinguisher just over the center console of the car.

Mike, is that a leather cover on the top I see? And have you found it get in the way of passengers?

Quote:
    cortonpark said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Mike, is that a leather cover on the top I see? And have you found it get in the way of passengers?

Yes, it is wrapped in leather. At first I also thought it would be irritating, but to now it has not bothered me at all.

I scrolled through the whole thing and I didn't find the color of the tach. Did you decide to go with red or yellow? You should definitely go with yellow since you seem to have an ongoing "yellow" theme already.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I scrolled through the whole thing and I didn't find the color of the tach. Did you decide to go with red or yellow? You should definitely go with yellow since you seem to have an ongoing "yellow" theme already.

He's going with a yellow tach

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

good to hear from you Atomic 80 - your help on my TT invaluable!! Have gone for yellow rev counter....I hope not too much of a yellow theme though!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689958 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409447 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255840 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235074 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65586 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858196 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774313 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM