Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Exhaust tail pipes - ? for RC

RC, tks for the updates on the Cargraphic exhaust system. I ordered the system and it arrives tomorrow, you are right that they do not have the tail pipes ready!
    I think you mentioned that the OEM tail pipes could be fitted direct to the CG system - is that right. If so I guess the tail pipes offered by EVOMS should be OK as well? Tks for your help.

Re: Exhaust tail pipes - ? for RC

I was thinking about getting the EVOMS dual round tips in "black" for my white TT....any thoughts on what that would like like?

Quote:
    FSU-997TT said:
    I was thinking about getting the EVOMS dual round tips in "black" for my white TT....any thoughts on what that would like like?

I had the same thought the other day... black ceramic dual pipes on a white Turbo. Would look mean!

white,black, sky blue pink, can anyone answer the original question?

Quote:
    jonnyc said:

As you have correctly surmised, yes. If stock tips can be fitted to the Cargraphic exhaust and EVO MS tips fit a stock exhaust, then EVO MS tips fit a stock exhaust .

Quote:
    jonnyc said:

The original statement didn't seem like a question

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Quote:
    jonnyc said:

The original statement didn't seem like a question

Get used to it. The majority of the new Rennteam population has ADD .

I assume your answer was meant to finish 'then EVO MS tips fit a cargraphic axhaust!
    ADD seems to be spreading!

Quote:
    jonnyc said:
    RC, tks for the updates on the Cargraphic exhaust system. I ordered the system and it arrives tomorrow, you are right that they do not have the tail pipes ready!
    I think you mentioned that the OEM tail pipes could be fitted direct to the CG system - is that right. If so I guess the tail pipes offered by EVOMS should be OK as well? Tks for your help.

Honestly, I don't know. The Cargraphic tail pipes should be available in January, so maybe you want to wait or just to try the EVOMS and look how they work. Just be careful, they're not allowed to stick too much out of the rear bumper and also they're not allowed to be too short since the exhaust fumes can't get out properly, possibly damaging (melting) your rear bumper.

Quote:
    jonnyc said:
    I assume your answer was meant to finish 'then EVO MS tips fit a cargraphic axhaust!
    ADD seems to be spreading!

Hard not to have ADD when having to deal with newbies .

we are all newbies at one time..!!

but,why on the Cargraphic page there is write that you can put the Cargraphic tailpipes only on the three Cargraphic exhausts and not on the stock one?

if you can put the stock tailpipes on the CarG. exhaust,why you can't fit the CarG. tailpipes on the stock exhaust?

I find this discussion of last year

and..

Now i need to know what to do:
    I whant to change the stock tips and i have a Cargraphic exhaust on,what to do,Cargraphic dual tips or Fabspeed?

which one?
    I have not see yet a pics of the Cargraphic tips fitted on a car becouse i think they are not again ready(apart the one on the Carg. site) but i saw pics of the Fabspeed one and they seems "too big" for the hole in the bumper

any new pics to can compare the two ones?

thanks

So RC, what's you're final verdict on the CG exhaust?
    Would you do it again?
    TIA
    Christian(some call me Chris)

I just got word from RSS that my tips were shipped out to them yesterday and should be arriving sometime next week. I should be getting them shortly after that so I guess that means they've officially been released. I've been keeping tabs of these tips for some time now. There are two types to choose from, one is circular and features twin 80mm tips. The other features 88mm oval rolled twin tips. I went with the oval tips. I'll take plenty of pictures and post them on here when I get them put on.

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    I find this discussion of last year

and..

Now i need to know what to do:
    I whant to change the stock tips and i have a Cargraphic exhaust on,what to do,Cargraphic dual tips or Fabspeed?

which one?
    I have not see yet a pics of the Cargraphic tips fitted on a car becouse i think they are not again ready(apart the one on the Carg. site) but i saw pics of the Fabspeed one and they seems "too big" for the hole in the bumper

any new pics to can compare the two ones?

thanks

The FS tips are not that big, (compared to the Cayenne S tips )

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I just got word from RSS that my tips were shipped out to them yesterday and should be arriving sometime next week. I should be getting them shortly after that so I guess that means they've officially been released. I've been keeping tabs of these tips for some time now. There are two types to choose from, one is circular and features twin 80mm tips. The other features 88mm oval rolled twin tips. I went with the oval tips. I'll take plenty of pictures and post them on here when I get them put on.

Does that mean I can have your chrome tips?

Atomic,i will wait your pics..

And talking of the exhaust:with the Cargraphic Loud i'm really happy,ther car now SOUNDS and the Turbo lag is reduced than before(i see also 0,1 more boost)

I have the Cargraphic Export Loud Pipes on my car. Today, I installed the EVOMS dual round tips in "black" on my red 997 Turbo. They fit perfectly. However, I was only able to install the drivers side tip because the tip to the passenger came without (missing) and internal sizing band. It is a very easy five minute job!

Quote:
    TulsaTurbo said:
    I have the Cargraphic Export Loud Pipes on my car. Today, I installed the EVOMS dual round tips in "black" on my red 997 Turbo. They fit perfectly. However, I was only able to install the drivers side tip because the tip to the passenger came without (missing) and internal sizing band. It is a very easy five minute job!

When did you order and receive your black tips? Mine have been on order since mid December.

I ordered them December 11 and just received them a few days ago.

Thanks, hopefully mine should be here shortly as well....any pictures to post?

post some pics!!

any news?

Update: I finally got the 88mm oval rolled tips yesterday so I'll be putting them on this coming Monday.

You can definitely bet on sound clips from inside the car at idle, at speed, and from outside too.

Other toys to be installed will be the Dension Gateway 500, Mods4cars module and the GT3 vent.

Atomic

thanks for the update..

looking your pics it seems that is not so easy to change the tips with the rear bumper on...

becouse they don't sell only the tips in way to let not fit the stock exhaust and the other tuners' exhausts...and find the nuts near the muffler with the bumper on i think is not so easy..

can't wait to see pics of the tips on the car to take the final decision..

thanks again
    ciao

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689432 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409135 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234967 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857916 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773955 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM