Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: McLaren on a winning streak

throt:
    crayphile:

My response to a first aggressive downshift in my 488 Spider was to go out and buy a 458 Speciale to join the Speciale Aperta.

First world problems there, cray Smiley.. 

You really have some stable. Let me know if you need a trustworthy driver to take them out for a run you Smiley....

And not worry with Throt 's  driving , he never exceeds 3 rd gear and 60 mp/h Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    throt:
    crayphile:

My response to a first aggressive downshift in my 488 Spider was to go out and buy a 458 Speciale to join the Speciale Aperta.

You really have some stable. Let me know if you need a trustworthy driver to take them out for a run you Smiley....

And not worry with Throt 's  driving , he never exceeds 3 rd gear and 60 mp/h Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Smiley, imagine cray's Aperta screaming in 3rd, beautiful Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Gnil:
    throt:
    crayphile:

Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

crayphile:
    throt:
    crayphile:

I am indeed blessed.

BTW only my son @Porker gets to drive the cars , but he's not old enough yet Smiley.

One is only blessed / lucky if they have all those wonderful toys through a yuuugge Lottery win. I am sure your one of the ones that have worked hard for what you have, so you fully deserve it. Smiley...

No probs about no drive for me, we can still talk Smiley... 

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

bluelines:
    Gnil:
    throt:
    crayphile:

Smiley

Yep, but my Elsie is super reliable..No blows from her Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Excellent reviews coming in for the 570 Spider. Don't imagine they will sell any more coupes. With the top up it looks more or less the same as the coupe, and with the top down, well, it's the same as the coupe but with the top down. Starting price of $210K is pretty good for such an exotic. As long as you don't do crazy options, you're probably looking $230K for a nice spec. Stick new compound tires on it and you can expect even more performance than when it initially came out.

https://news.google.com/news/story/dmRd-FcGxAUcndMgsg_HUC93YwgZM?hl=en&ned=us

I think its time McLaren had its own section. Heck, even Lotus has one.

Posted this on ML, will copy it here:

I have a feeling the 570S is a one and done test. I don't see it happening again and I think the 720S illustrates this further.

The 570 GT could for all intents and purposes be a 570S. They tune it slightly differently and change some options, but aside from a meaningless amount of extra weight, the GT is a 570S. With the arrival of the 570S Spider and the reviews it's getting, it would seem to me that there is no need for the 570S anymore. The Spider looks more or less identical to the coupe in lines, it performs the same, and the top goes down. You lose a modest amount of storage space behind the seats, but that's it. If that space is important, you'd probably get the 570 GT anyway. GT is arguably better looking too, but that's just my opinion.

Also, we've seen that McLaren can and will incorporate decent storage space behind the seats with the 720S. There will be no 720 GT. The 720S might as well be called the 720 GT.

Going forward, I expect all the coupes to have behind the seats storage like the GT, and all Spiders to lose it. I do not see a future for dual S and GT models in the future.

crayphile:

Do people actually browse by sections? I just view "Latest". I merely use sections for labeling.

I think people just tend to post everything McLaren related to one thread for some reason.

noone1:
    crayphile:

Do people actually browse by sections? I just view "Latest". I merely use sections for labeling.

I think people just tend to post everything McLaren related to one thread for some reason.

I use the sections

I used to use sections on sites, but then I started using the Latest/New Posts sections and I never looked back. You never miss anything and you can access everything from one page. If there are no new posts, no need to browse a section. If there are, you'll see them anyway in the Latest tab.

Unless of course you think we post too much garbage on RT to look through indecision

crayphile:

I agree...I will ask Eunice if he can do it and move this McLaren thread to the new section. Smiley

May take a while though, Eunice is always very busy. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

noone1:

Posted this on ML, will copy it here:

I have a feeling the 570S is a one and done test. I don't see it happening again and I think the 720S illustrates this further.

The 570 GT could for all intents and purposes be a 570S. They tune it slightly differently and change some options, but aside from a meaningless amount of extra weight, the GT is a 570S. With the arrival of the 570S Spider and the reviews it's getting, it would seem to me that there is no need for the 570S anymore. The Spider looks more or less identical to the coupe in lines, it performs the same, and the top goes down. You lose a modest amount of storage space behind the seats, but that's it. If that space is important, you'd probably get the 570 GT anyway. GT is arguably better looking too, but that's just my opinion.

Also, we've seen that McLaren can and will incorporate decent storage space behind the seats with the 720S. There will be no 720 GT. The 720S might as well be called the 720 GT.

Going forward, I expect all the coupes to have behind the seats storage like the GT, and all Spiders to lose it. I do not see a future for dual S and GT models in the future.

I agree - the Spider version (also of the 720s) are the superior packages. Two cars in one Smiley

RC:
    crayphile:

I agree...I will ask Eunice if he can do it and move this McLaren thread to the new section. Smiley

Ask him to rename the top level section to Audi at the same time Smiley That sorts out the rest of the forum Smiley

--

bluelines:
    RC:
    crayphile:

Ask him to rename the top level section to Audi at the same time Smiley That sorts out the rest of the forum Smiley

Smiley

Eunice worked faster than I imagined, we have a McLaren forum now. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

bluelines:
    RC:
    crayphile:

I think you're on to something here.

I'm thinking everything falls under "Audi", and then we can probably sub-categorize the rest more precisely under "ESP" and "Lease deals". Those should cover all discussion of road tests and price talk. 

Well, Porsche and Lamborghini definitely fall under "Audi"...somewhat...but considering the currently discovered illegal(?) "alliance" between car manufacturers, maybe every single car falls under "Audi". 

A Porsche union rep accused Audi of selling Porsche "faulty" engines (current emissions scandal). The truth is: Nothing was wrong with these engines but the software was the problem. Furthermore, Porsche very likely doesn't use the Audi software, they adapt the software to their needs, so... angry Just saying.

--

RC:

Thanks to you both SmileySmiley.

RC:
    bluelines:
    RC:
    crayphile:

Smiley

And the ""Chest Hair"" one, buddy...Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

noone1:
    bluelines:
    RC:
    crayphile:

I think you're on to something here.

I'm thinking everything falls under "Audi", and then we can probably sub-categorize the rest more precisely under "ESP" and "Lease deals". Those should cover all discussion of road tests and price talk. 

Smiley

Thanks Eunice Smiley 

--

McLaren category is added and placed right below Lotus.

If you want I can also add an Audi category, although I think since they have only one car that is discussed here that does not make much sense.

You can have even more categories, but I would draw the line at a Honda, I know at least one moderator who would be mightily upset about that blush

Eunice:

If you want I can also add an Audi category, although I think since they have only one car that is discussed here that does not make much sense.

Smiley Smiley

You can have even more categories, but I would draw the line at a Honda, I know at least one moderator who would be mightily upset about that blush

Make it two... Smiley Smiley noone1 and nberry will be pretty disappointed now. Smiley

--

Eunice:

Nice work, Eunice. Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

And volvo? Is that above or below the line? Then I can finally bither you with impressions of my C30 2.0... cool

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

And volvo? Is that above or below the line? Then I can finally bither you with impressions of my C30 2.0... cool

2017-07-25_15-39-04.png

Smiley Smiley

--

While we are asking, can we have a Tesla section classified under Off-topic -> Religion? smiley 1497879697817bhauen.gif

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

RC:
    Joost:

2017-07-25_15-39-04.png

Smiley Smiley

WahahahaSmiley I'm in it twice a day! Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

RC:
    Joost:

2017-07-25_15-39-04.png

Smiley Smiley

Smiley, blue can mod that one..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

OK guys, back to topic...McLaren. blush

--

Carlos from Spain:

While we are asking, can we have a Tesla section classified under Off-topic -> Religion? smiley 1497879697817bhauen.gif

SmileySmileySmiley

Good one Carlos Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661132 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400920 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254558 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59329 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853301 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761369 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM