Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Range Rover gone, it's replacement...

Did you get a new camera as well? The pics look fab!

Congrats!

How does it compare to the Range Rover?

Congrats Mike, she's beauty.

You've made great pics this time. You took some classes or something

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:
    BTW, the dude that built your engine isn't so great.. i would go for another one

Come on! Andi isn't that bad, a little bit disoriented maybe, especially at work, but basically he's a nice guy.

The good thing is that you know who to blame if things start to go wrong. They should write the name of the guy who built the 997's engine. So each time RMS occurs, you can write him a letter to tell him how much he sucks.

looking forward to some video's after break-in period.
    Nice ride !!

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:
    BTW, the dude that built your engine isn't so great.. i would go for another one

Come on! Andi isn't that bad, a little bit disoriented maybe, especially at work, but basically he's a nice guy.

The good thing is that you know who to blame if things start to go wrong. They should write the name of the guy who built the 997's engine. So each time RMS occurs, you can write him a letter to tell him how much he sucks.

They should write the name and his address, so you could pop by and let him have it.

Congratulations, Mike. And don't let the others bother you, if I would have the financial possibility, I would do the same.

i think i would do worse..

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    i think i would do worse..

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:

They should write the name and his address, so you could pop by and let him have it.

If FIAT inscribed the name of the guys who built the car on every single vehicle, Torino would soon become a ghost town...

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Mike..To me you are a better reference then any magazine reviews and test !
    If you keep the car longer then 6 month it realy proofs something ! Real long term tests in real life ! Great to have you around!

Congrats on your new SUV....hope you will not have to look at it too often as the styling is so .

Thanks Gnil. Glad to be able to give insight

Quote:
    moto said:

Congrats!

Thanks - Been using my Canon camera for 8 months now.

The ML63's interior is a little disappointing. The Range Rover has a much nicer interior, but overall I'm glad I made the trade. Will give more detailed insight as soon as she's run in, promise!

I'll get pics of the Touareg and Cayenne with the ML tomorrow if the weather permits.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Congratulations, Mike. And don't let the others bother you, if I would have the financial possibility, I would do the same.

Thanks RC

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Thanks RC

You were actually bothered? Judging by the size of your car park, I would never have guessed .

Seriously though, I'm glad that at least someone can enjoy these cars without worrying about finances or marxist neighbors .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Thanks RC

You were actually bothered? Judging by the size of your car park, I would never have guessed .

Seriously though, I'm glad that at least someone can enjoy these cars without worrying about finances or marxist neighbors .

You guys make such a big fuss of what I said. I wasn't judging mike, I was just asking him a simple question. I'm happy for you mike, enjoy it in good health. I'm sorry if I made a wrong impression on you and others. I didn't meant to "bother" anyone. I guess you raise my curiosity because I don't anyone who owns that many cars.

Anyway, congrats again. Aparently, the ML63 has the indoor speed record. (see another thread in the sportscar section)

Quote:
    amazon said:
    You guys make such a big fuss of what I said. I wasn't judging mike, I was just asking him a simple question. I'm happy for you mike, enjoy it in good health. I'm sorry if I made a wrong impression on you and others. I didn't meant to "bother" anyone. I guess you raise my curiosity because I don't anyone who owns that many cars.

Anyway, congrats again. Aparently, the ML63 has the indoor speed record. (see another thread in the sportscar section)

No worries, I wasn't lashing back at you, not even remotely. Was just stating my reasons for the decision

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Mike..To me you are a better reference then any magazine reviews and test !
    If you keep the car longer then 6 month it realy proofs something ! Real long term tests in real life ! Great to have you around!

Congrats on your new SUV....hope you will not have to look at it too often as the styling is so .

Thanks Gnil. Glad to be able to give insight

Quote:
    moto said:

Congrats!

The ML63's interior is a little disappointing. The Range Rover has a much nicer interior, but overall I'm glad I made the trade. Will give more detailed insight as soon as she's run in, promise!

I'll get pics of the Touareg and Cayenne with the ML tomorrow if the weather permits.

As promised, 1 more pic!

Congrats Mike , awesome looking car.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:

If FIAT inscribed the name of the guys who built the car on every single vehicle, Torino would soon become a ghost town...

Ahh, that is the good old Crash as we know him...

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Well, that's longer than most of your cars.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    The ML63's interior is a little disappointing...

Err, time for a change?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Well, that's longer than most of your cars.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    The ML63's interior is a little disappointing...

Err, time for a change?

LOL!!!!

what a colection Mike, it's just amazing

J.Seven

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:

I knew you missed me .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:

I knew you missed me .

I guess some things never change...

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    what a colection Mike, it's just amazing

J.Seven

Thanks, J.Seven!

Quote:
    Rossi said:

I owned a Fiat, so I was being DEAD serious .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

I owned a Fiat, so I was being DEAD serious .

Alright, so you've tried to kill the engineer?

Quote:
    Rossi said:

If I did, I'ms ure you'd have heard about it by now . Lighten up man, it was meant as a joke, not to be taken too seriously (except for the FIAT part - I really did own one ).

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

If I did, I'ms ure you'd have heard about it by now . Lighten up man, it was meant as a joke, not to be taken too seriously (except for the FIAT part - I really did own one ).

I was still joking, man, no need to worry.

Mike S... im not trying to bash you, If I was in your situation I'd have a tiny mud hut in downtown Nepal [sorry Rossi -I forgot you live there ;-)] and 'invest' even more money on cars...but what I am wondering is why the SUVs? Sure I can understand having a ferrari for its wailing v8/12 and then a 911 for its iconic looks and guttural flat six..and also even an elise/exige for its peer-less handling and weight dist, but dont all of the SUVs pretty much feel the same? Half of them are even based around the same chassis anyway aren't they? If you had to get a 4*4 wouldn't you had rather spent the money on a vintage:

Haha, Fiat cars are really that bad.

I cant believe that people buy them, amazingly their sales last year increased 14% in Italy!

I think only Italians buy them though.

If you like your car to be efficient, reliable and cheap to buy and run you have to go Japanese.

The news of the VW group aiming at competing directly with Toyota is almost a joke to me.

Quote:
    jamesaug said:
    Mike S... im not trying to bash you, If I was in your situation I'd have a tiny mud hut in downtown Nepal [sorry Rossi -I forgot you live there ;-)] and 'invest' even more money on cars...but what I am wondering is why the SUVs? Sure I can understand having a ferrari for its wailing v8/12 and then a 911 for its iconic looks and guttural flat six..and also even an elise/exige for its peer-less handling and weight dist, but dont all of the SUVs pretty much feel the same? Half of them are even based around the same chassis anyway aren't they? If you had to get a 4*4 wouldn't you had rather spent the money on a vintage:

Hi James,

That is the thing, not all of them drive them same. They are all totally different! Some are great-off road and others are better suited for uneven tarmac Also with some of our horrid roads in SA a SUV should be the vehicle of choice for most people.

Our choices to cars also become limited because it is illegal to drive LHD cars on our roads. That rules out quite a lot of options.

Amazing!!!

The Ml63 is fantastic. I had the opportunity to drive it for a week and all i can say is it put a smile on my face. Absolutely love the car. fast and easy to drive. Good 4 everyday driving.

Congrats buddy!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM