Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Went for Turbo S instead of new Turbo

Quote:
    sigs said:
    Congrats, RC. Beautiful vehicle. Love the color. I wish you and your family many fun and safe miles - sorry, kilometers - and I hope your recent black ice episode is your last one for a while.

When you have time to investigate further, I'd love to hear details about the differences in throttle hesitation, since the Turbo S supposedly has the same components and programming as your Powerkit.

I just said that the motronic programming is the same, meaning it has the same engine power.
    My Cayenne Turbo Powerkit was a MY 2004 model, my current Turbo S is a MY 2007 model (Germany). A lot of things have been changed/improved in three years and it feels that way. My steering feel is different (more direct, still Servotronic), throttle response is definetely MUCH better, almost perfect and the acceleration hesitation from standstill is almost gone too. Also the gears shift slightly faster and with less delay. Fuel consumption is still the same though.

Here are two more pictures of my new Turbo S.

Second one.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Second one.

You removed the badge so the neighbours won't talk behind your back

Even though I understand it, I think you just worry too much about what people think.

Great pics. Great car. Enjoy it in good health.

Your Turbo S has a great colour RC! Are those the winter tires you put on the car or did you decide on other wheels rather than the Techno ones?

The kids' faces have also been airbrushed .

Congrats on the new car, RC!

Congrats RC, great car!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Your Turbo S has a great colour RC! Are those the winter tires you put on the car or did you decide on other wheels rather than the Techno ones?

I took the winter wheels with me from my "old" Turbo.
    The summer wheels are Technos with 10J rear rims, they look absolutely great. Just can't wait for summer time, may take a while though over here. Thanks.

From the first photo you posted i was going to ask you if you would remove the turbo s badge but aparrently you already remove it.

Woshhhhhh

Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    From the first photo you posted i was going to ask you if you would remove the turbo s badge but aparrently you already remove it.

Woshhhhhh

First thing I did...sad that I needed to remove it.

Neighbors, customers...they better not know what kind of car this is. I seem to be lucky: a lot of people have already seen the new Turbo S and apparently nobody seems to have a clue that this is a new car, despite the different colour. Me and my wife are really happy about that, no more questions like "oh, you have a new car?" to reply to.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:

Woshhhhhh

First thing I did...sad that I needed to remove it.

Neighbors, customers...they better not know what kind of car this is. I seem to be lucky: a lot of people have already seen the new Turbo S and apparently nobody seems to have a clue that this is a new car, despite the different colour. Me and my wife are really happy about that, no more questions like "oh, you have a new car?" to reply to.

You should've put only the Cayenne badge on and said that you just couldn't afford the Turbo anymore .

If i'm not wrong "nobody" knew he had a turbo before.I think RC used to tell people that his cayenne was a v6 with the turbo styling.

Congrats on your new wheels.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Congrats on your new wheels.

Thanks.

Btw: my employees already saw the new Turbo S, so did my parents, a few neighbors, some customers and even friends.
    Can you imagine...NOT A SINGLE PERSON seems to realize that this is a new Cayenne, nobody said a word. Me and my wife are in heaven.

Quote:
    RC said:

Btw: my employees already saw the new Turbo S, so did my parents, a few neighbors, some customers and even friends.
    Can you imagine...NOT A SINGLE PERSON seems to realize that this is a new Cayenne, nobody said a word. Me and my wife are in heaven.

Funny. My first thought was that every employee of your company would check your website regularly to know how their boss is "off-duty"

Oh, and congrats for the new car. I'm probably getting old but that interior with the wooden inlays looks classy.

Congrats Christian, it looks very nice and stealthy

Any idea why Porsche claims that the Turbo S with 521 PS/720 nm is 0.1 sec slower to 100 kph than the facelift Turbo with 500 PS/700 nm (identical weight)

RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.

Quote:
    mish said:
    RC, out of curiosity why do you give a damn about what people say? I don't get the paranoia....removing badges, hoping no one notices....it's a shambles.

He has to think about customers. Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.

Quote:
    Crash said: Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.

That is exactly how its getting to be in Europe (I'm fairly lucky that were I live I have no problems, its my daily driver, I take it everywere, and doesn't give me many problems so far) and I know that our US members will find it hard to believe but its true.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Crash said: Many people will resent a person they hand money to using that money to buy nice cars. It's human jealousy at its best.

That is exactly how its getting to be in Europe (I'm fairly lucky that were I live I have no problems, its my daily driver, I take it everywere, and doesn't give me many problems so far) and I know that our US members will find it hard to believe but its true.

Very. One shouldn't care for other people's opinions, but when that can affect your business, you better be careful.

Probably not exactly related, but I recently tried to lease a new Cayenne S in France, and was told by the dealer that he only leases black or silver cars with black or grey interiors, as other colors (the new olive green with chestnut interior, for example), are not "successful" in France.

Quote:
    Wonderbar said:
    Probably not exactly related, but I recently tried to lease a new Cayenne S in France, and was told by the dealer that he only leases black or silver cars with black or grey interiors, as other colors (the new olive green with chestnut interior, for example), are not "successful" in France.

Pretty much the same situation here in the UK - overwhelmig preference for black when dealers are buying

Quote:
    temm said:
    Congrats Christian, it looks very nice and stealthy

Any idea why Porsche claims that the Turbo S with 521 PS/720 nm is 0.1 sec slower to 100 kph than the facelift Turbo with 500 PS/700 nm (identical weight)

It think that the gearbox reacts faster from standstill. So that could be a reason. The other thing could be the new sport-button. Faster throttle response...

I think on a higher level it work in two different ways, some people are jealous, the other think that you have to be good and successful at what you do in your life to be able to afoot such a car.

Quote:
    mish said:

Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.

Quote:
    slawekl said:
    I think on a higher level it work in two different ways, some people are jealous, the other think that you have to be good and successful at what you do in your life to be able to afoot such a car.

That's true. However, in his line of business, that concept doesn't float.

Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:

Not caring is not always a wise move. Why attract unnecessary attention? Would you show off an exotic ride in a tough neighborhood because you don't care what people think?

I personally don't like the attention either. I bought the car because I enjoy driving the car, and I don't need to become a conversation piece. Therefore, I do the same thing -- my clients only sees me in my Honda.

In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .

Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:

In my line of business, if I go to work in a honda I will have no work at all. I make sure all my patients see the car parked outside so it does its job as symbol of success which is important in my field and to bring more business .

Cosmetic Surgeon?

Quote:

That's true in some cases too. I suppose that would call for rebadging the car as a Turbo S.

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Quote:
    mish said:

Cosmetic Surgeon?

close, Plastic surgeon

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688576 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408704 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255522 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234786 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65394 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857584 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773378 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM