Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3

M3ike:
    Porker:
    Gnil:
    Porker:

Grant, Manthey offers Pepita inserts for the LWB seats, would be my choice immediately to get rid of that stripe and add sone cool to the interior. 

Price is 1350 euro 

Ok, let me rephrase that, I'd get it immediately if they didn't overcharge. 😔

It's actually EUR 2'500. Just discussed this today with them.

I've also seen their black GT3 with the golden wheels, looks sick. The wheels are their magnesium variant.

Mike

Any company that bothers to make replacement LWB cushions should offer additional lumbar support (my one complaint about those seats).  I might have some made with custom internal cushions - better form and function...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Gauss:

Mike, can you confirm if it's black or black metallic ? Thanks

It's a wrap, the car is actually grey.

Mike

Whoa kiss

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Grant:
    Porker:

Grant, Manthey offers Pepita inserts for the LWB seats, would be my choice immediately to get rid of that stripe and add sone cool to the interior. 

Yeah, there is a US company that does it too (also not cheap)

can someone post a pic of these inserts?? thanks

The farmer:
    nberry:

My order froze today. No more changes. Here is my build sheet.

build sheet july 13th.pdf

NiceSmiley But Voice control......? Not over 6.000 rpm I would guessSmiley

Nick,

what dos your delivery report say?  Sky's report update yesterday is still 8 Sept at dealer inventory

Watt, sad to say your delivery report is wrong. The notice from PCNA was clear. No US car will be completed or shipped before middle of September. For an example, my car according to the latest dealer report will enter production september 1st and shows completion on September 15th.

Now we all know how much Porsche loves me. indecisionYet, unless they are confusing me with the other Nick,  I doubt Porsche would spend 15 days building my car. I am not that good of a customer. 

I suggest you tell your dealer to upgrade his system. No way your car gets to the US September 8th.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

watt:
    The farmer:
    nberry:

My order froze today. No more changes. Here is my build sheet.

build sheet july 13th.pdf

NiceSmiley But Voice control......? Not over 6.000 rpm I would guessSmiley

Nick,

what dos your delivery report say?  Sky's report update yesterday is still 8 Sept at dealer inventory

Watt, this is the notice US dealers received. It's possible Porsche can start building the car sooner but it will not complete production until mid September.

U.S. spec MY2018 911 GT3 production will be delayed until mid-September. No U.S. GT3’s will be shipped out of the
    factory until September.

Dealers will see two different types of delays in PVMS.

Vehicle production dates in PVMS will be pushed back. These new completion dates should be an accurate estimation of the revised production date.
    Vehicles may enter production in the system, but will not complete production (CP8) until mid-September

Please contact your Regional Manager with any questions.

Vehicle Distribution

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Blkdsr12 is offline Report Post  

--

Haha Nick,

In the markets, I bet heavily and asymmetrically against those who see their knowledge as "perfect".  If you were a close friend, we could put up a USD 6 figure even bet, but Sky wants you to have your Starbucks money, and he really could care less when his car arrives as he can't drive. so he has no downside.

See you in September!

Beginning to appear in their natural habitat

imageproxy.php-4.jpeg

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

I saw chalk colour during my factory visit and found it a bit underwhelming. GT3 needs a popping colour anyway broken heart

and I'm guilty, because I want to go black this time Smiley Smiley

Gauss:

I saw chalk colour during my factory visit and found it a bit underwhelming. GT3 needs a popping colour anyway broken heart

Yeah, I quite liked the idea of chalk, but then saw Fashion Grey and Chalk next to eachother at a dealer. In the showroom they looked very similar, but in daylight the chalk felt a bit washed out. The touch of yellow in Fashion Grey gave it a bit of warmth and give it a certain something extra.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

watt:

Haha Nick,

In the markets, I bet heavily and asymmetrically against those who see their knowledge as "perfect".  If you were a close friend, we could put up a USD 6 figure even bet, but Sky wants you to have your Starbucks money, and he really could care less when his car arrives as he can't drive. so he has no downside.

See you in September!

Watt, I hope I am wrong and Porsche changed its position regarding when to ship cars to the US. Word is a similar delay occurred with the .1RS. Porsche compensated those who had their cars delayed to the tune of several thousands of dollars. Not a bad price for the delay.kiss

Gauss, you're right the GT3 needs color. Chalk, greys or even black mask the styling cues of the car. Be bold and pick a color that represents the car for whait is; FUN! Step out of your comfort zone. kiss
    --

A black one in this basic comparison (for Joël): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7oITfKn24

nberry:
    watt:

Haha Nick,

See you in September!

Watt, I hope I am wrong and Porsche changed its position regarding when to ship cars to the US. Word is a similar delay occurred with the .1RS. Porsche compensated those who had their cars delayed to the tune of several thousands of dollars. Not a bad price for the delay.kiss

Gauss, you're right the GT3 needs color. Chalk, greys or even black mask the styling cues of the car. Be bold and pick a color that represents the car for whait is; FUN! Step out of your comfort zonekiss
    --

Hehe, yes you are right. Unfortunately Porsche only offers Red, Yellow and Blue. I had red already, I don't like blue on a sportscar, and I don't have the courage to go with yellow Smiley

DuckieRS:

A black one in this basic comparison (for Joël): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7oITfKn24

Thanks Boris. I've watched it already. Not much useful stuff (we don't know already) in that video other than the shots starting at 8:00.

If its a choice between black or yellow, go with yellow. Great color on a Porsche. Only problem will be the interior. However, by the time you spec your car Porsche will be allowing many more options for the interior.kiss

--

Just got more information from my dealer and it's getting worst. My car will now be completed on September 15th. However, it will not board a ship unit October 13th. More than likely it will be stored in an outside lot. The date for my delivery is now November 24th.mail

What really gulls me is other guys with similar initial build dates (july 21st) have been advised there will be no delays. Their cars will be delivered in September.  Also, I am really pissed that my car will sit in an open lot for 30 days. I don't drive my car in the rain or drive it at night. To have my car sit outside for a month is unacceptable.enlightened

--

nberry:

Just got more information from my dealer and it's getting worst. My car will now be completed on September 15th. However, it will not board a ship unit October 13th. More than likely it will be stored in an outside lot. The date for my delivery is now November 24th.mail

What really gulls me is other guys with similar initial build dates (july 21st) have been advised there will be no delays. Their cars will be delivered in September.  Also, I am really pissed that my car will sit in an open lot for 30 days. I don't drive my car in the rain or drive it at night. To have my car sit outside for a month is unacceptable.enlightened

At least it won't sit in the hot sun for a month - much worse than rain

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

nberry:

Shouldn't take that long.

Ship passage is like 2 weeks from Germany to Long Beach. Then perhaps a week in customs.

--

I drove my car in the rain once.  It did not melt after all. 😎

It isn't ideal but I clay and use iron Decontamination solution(e.g. Iron X)  on all my new cars. You'd be surprised how much iron gets embedded into the paint of a brand new car anyway.  Then a light polish.  Paint looks and feels better then when it was delivered this way. 

They are covered in White foil for most parts and will be prepped at destination - so nothing to worry about

Gauss:

Germans love chalk, black, white, etc. colors. Smiley A GT3 deserves something "popping out" of the ordinary like red, yellow, Miami or Mexico blue, whatever.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Gauss:

Germans love chalk, black, white, etc. colors. Smiley A GT3 deserves something "popping out" of the ordinary like red, yellow, Miami or Mexico blue, whatever.

Fully agree. Mine one will be Sternrubin Smiley

nberry:

I don't drive my car in the rain or drive it at night. 

Nick, no tracking the GT3 ever I presume either? no going anywhere were you have to park under the sun? I'm curious to the mentality behind this. Its not a delicate and irreplaceable collector's old classic used for expositions and concours', its a normal modern road car, it can be fixed, painted, the change in resale value whether you do drive it in rain or night is arguably small to us, a few thousands maybe, etc. Surely its more worthwhile to drive as you want, when ever you want, like its meant to?

I have a friend who is like this with his cars, he is just OCD about his sportscars, after a drive he has to clean them for example, and if it may rain he won't take them out Smiley 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Nick, no tracking the GT3 ever I presume either? no going anywhere were you have to park under the sun? I'm curious to the mentality behind this. Its not a delicate and irreplaceable collector's old classic used for expositions and concours', its a normal modern road car, it can be fixed, painted, the change in resale value whether you do drive it in rain or night is arguably small to us, a few thousands maybe, etc. Surely its more worthwhile to drive as you want, when ever you want, like its meant to?

I have a friend who is like this with his cars, he is just OCD about his sportscars, after a drive he has to clean them for example, and if it may rain he won't take them ouSmiley 

I know a guy with a 991.1 GT3 RS and a Mercedes AMG GT S like that. We argue all the time about the purpose of such cars and they always make fun of me because my cars are dirty (actually, they never really were when we met but a water stain(!) here and the remains of a dead insect there and the car is...dirty Smiley). They actually spend more time cleaning these cars than actually driving them. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I think he would have a nervous breakdown if he sees mine most of the time then  ... I do maintain them very clean on the inside though, but that is different.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

+1, Christian & Carlos.

Mine gets a wash every 6 to 7 weeks by my detailer. And it looks as good as new .. Plus, I think they look better with a bit of dirt on them indecision...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Rubystar, very cool colour m4ever.

Agree on dirt, it even enhances some lines on a car. Inside needs to be spotless though, being 'my territory'.

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

I have a friend who is like this with his cars, he is just OCD about his sportscars, after a drive he has to clean them for example, and if it may rain he won't take them out Smiley 

there was a thread in ferrarichat, where a 458 italia owner in LA took off the windshield wipers because of esthetic reasons.....well, in february when i was in LA it rained heavily:::)))) seems he can't go out with his car before studying the weather channel:::)))))

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688294 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234721 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65350 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857486 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773219 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM