Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

A Must SEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkfvQvc9ipI&eurl=

One of the best video's I have seen if you like cars. The quality is excellent, the sound also, and the location is one of my favorites. Its done very well making you feel like you are driving these two.

The difficulty of ownership of these is ridiculous but It is fun to watch. I am not a big fan of the enzo, but the Mclaren appears to be in another world. Sounds and accelerates like a 956. The only thing missing is a cgt.

Re: A Must SEE

Thank you very much for the link!

I agree, the video is fantastic (too short). And the Maclaren ufff, amazing, simply amazing....

30.000 pounds for the 6k miles service??? that's hilarious! I love the Enzo but this F1 LM is simply unbelievable!!!

Repost

But a good one at that. 30,000 pounds for a service is insane

We're even Mike, though i hadn't seen that exact clip. I do not know if you guys in your parts of the world are familiar with the cartoon speed racer, at the beginning of which is the theme song with some cool sounds.

When Tiff starts up the Mclaren it makes an unbelievable sound just like the sound at the beginning of the speed racer theme. Incredible.

Another nice Mclaren piece, gold lining in the engine bay, 0-60 in 3.2 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJU8OPNzfOk&mode=related&search=

Has that BMW 12 cylinder engine ever been used again? I can't understand why BMW have not used it in a supercar of their own, its amazing.

that V12 was to power the M8 but they dropped the project since they realised there was no such market for that car...so they evolved it into what we later saw in the F1...

I've only read about it and saw pics and videos....I wonder if it is real (I hope so), but there is another car capable of such emotions, and it is affordable: the Ultima GTR.

As far as the data found in internet is even faster than a Mclaren, a GT, an Enzo or a Veyron. And for under 100 k euro.

0-60 : 2.6s
    0-100: 5.3
    0-100-0: 9.4

But I've not found tests in Nurburgring or any other circuit, wich could give an idea of how this car really handles.

In some months time (not before because personal reasons), I want to contact the factory and go to Leicestershire to test one of this beasts, and in case, purchase that real sports car (no goodies, no airbag, no electronics, no abs -thanks God!).

Has any of you had any experience with an Ultima GTR?

Quote:
    Byron said:
    I've only read about it and saw pics and videos....I wonder if it is real (I hope so), but there is another car capable of such emotions, and it is affordable: the Ultima GTR.

As far as the data found in internet is even faster than a Mclaren, a GT, an Enzo or a Veyron. And for under 100 k euro.

But I've not found tests in Nurburgring or any other circuit, wich could give an idea of how this car really handles.

In some months time (not before because personal reasons), I want to contact the factory and go to Leicestershire to test one of this beasts, and in case, purchase that real sports car (no goodies, no airbag, no electronics, no abs -thanks God!).

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/

My best friend (Tim) and I are looking at having twin Ultima GTR 720's (different colors) made. Tim just got back from UK where he was able to drive one. They are small cars, but the numbers speak for themselves. Believe me, they are the real deal!

However, they are raw and IMHO will never have the prestege or following of a McLaren or Enzo!

Quote:
    Byron said:

the most impressive thing about this car is its 0-150mph acceleration...they say it needs 11,8secs
    http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/records/poster1hr.pdf

now check this out...the GSXR R1000 does it in 13,1secs!!! it's more than 1sec faster than a bike!!!

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/media/fastfeud/index.php

impressive is the 1/4 mile too...10secs dead for a "stock" car is unbelievable...

so there's no questioning over its speed...but like you said the question is how it handles

P.S.: if you ever get one, I want a ride

Quote:
    TulsaTurbo said:

However, they are raw and IMHO will never have the prestege or following of a McLaren or Enzo!

True, but that very fact makes them more appealing in a way. A raw, pure, no nonesense driver's car with outlandish styling that can destroy cars costing more than 5X its price.

This is just cool, an inside tour of the Mclaren design center, amazing place, cleanest place i have ever seen;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4yW9hvpks&mode=related&search=

high speed run with tiff, impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofmKfyNlik&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho3IH81McYk&mode=related&search=

It was rather amusing seeing Tiff channelling Jeremy Clarkson.

Quote:
    TulsaTurbo said:

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/

My best friend (Tim) and I are looking at having twin Ultima GTR 720's (different colors) made. Tim just got back from UK where he was able to drive one. They are small cars, but the numbers speak for themselves. Believe me, they are the real deal!

Thanks for the response!

My choice will also be the 720 (For me in black).

I know this is not a "prestige" car (For that I'd rather go Bentley or...., a 100ft Benetti :grin), but, for those that really look for performance (in street driving cars), I humbely think this is The Choice!

Could you tell me wich where your friend's impressions when he tested the car?

I hope you get those real beauties and enjoy them...

by the way, are you going to buy them turn key, or are you "brave enough" to assembly them?

the most impressive thing about this car is its 0-150mph acceleration...they say it needs 11,8secs
    http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/records/poster1hr.pdf

now check this out...the GSXR R1000 does it in 13,1secs!!! it's more than 1sec faster than a bike!!!

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/media/fastfeud/index.php

impressive is the 1/4 mile too...10secs dead for a "stock" car is unbelievable...

so there's no questioning over its speed...but like you said the question is how it handles

P.S.: if you ever get one, I want a ride

Thanks for the response Marcus

I feel the Radical has better grip than the Ultima, but not sure (again, I could not find lap times of it in any "known" circuit)....In any case, the Ultima is road legal...

Moreover, and following your words, if I purchase the "Toy" (Let me insist, in some months time -I'm getting married in less than a month-, and that makes any projet to be delayed), please be sure you will get that ride... and if you desire...by yourself in Montmelo circuit (I hope you are an experienced driver! )

Byron, Marcus,

I track a Radical (2 SR3's and one SR4) with my friend Tim three or four times a year. The Radical is about as fun to drive as any car I have ever had on the track - including 3 porsches! I cannot emphasize enough that the Ultima 720 GTR is a beast compared to the Radical. It is much, much easier to get in trouble with the Ultima. Tim and I seriously considered buying two Radicals (one Red/Black one Red/Yellow). We debated between the SR4 and the SR8. I/we have not driven a SR9 or the PRO6.

We are now focused on the Ultima simply because it is street legal and trackable and really, really fast and nimble. I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I have a commanding respect for the Ultima and fully realize that we will have to to be ever mindful of driving within our own limitations when driving such a car!

Cheers!

Marcus,

I have not had a chance to talk with Tim about his driving experience since he got back from the UK. He and his wife and me and my wife will be spending New Year's Eve together. I will let you know what he says about the car after that.

Interesting you ask about the assembling the cars. Tim and I are both engineers (I'm ME and he is electronic genius!) He wants to assemble his (he has way to much money to do this for $ reasons) and I want my car factory assembled (I simply don't have enough free time). He has offered to have his employees assemble my car. We are still in the 'deciding' phase. We have gone as far as to spec our cars and to have Ultima quote us on prices and deliveries both ways. No, we did not get offered a discount for buying 2 cars!

Quote:
    TulsaTurbo said:
    Byron, Marcus,

I track a Radical (2 SR3's and one SR4) with my friend Tim three or four times a year. The Radical is about as fun to drive as any car I have ever had on the track - including 3 porsches! I cannot emphasize enough that the Ultima 720 GTR is a beast compared to the Radical. It is much, much easier to get in trouble with the Ultima. Tim and I seriously considered buying two Radicals (one Red/Black one Red/Yellow). We debated between the SR4 and the SR8. I/we have not driven a SR9 or the PRO6.

We are now focused on the Ultima simply because it is street legal and trackable and really, really fast and nimble. I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I have a commanding respect for the Ultima and fully realize that we will have to to be ever mindful of driving within our own limitations when driving such a car!

Cheers!

Mike,

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

I've already had "some" street legal "fast" cars in my life, but I had been really impressed by the Ultima (Before I discovered it, I was considering an Ariel Atom, but not really the same).

Your testimonials are nicely clarifying. Thanks a lot for transmiting the same enthusiasm I feel towards the GTR.

The SR9 is tempting....but not street legal (maybe my "next" toy ) But, seriously talking, thanks again, I feel I'm not the only one that grasps the GTR as the sports car for those who really wanna perform and go legally outta the circuit.

I hope that in a few months I can tell you about my process. I want to purchase it from the factory completely assembled (I really have no time to do it). Furthermore, I'm considering the posibility of adding a six Hewland sequential gear box (if possible and convinient), instead of the standard five gear Porsche....

Well, I hope you'll have your GTR's soon, and please shear your expiriences....I also look forward that my order (for a complete 720 turn key car) will be before next summer (Almost for sure!).

A pleasure to meet you

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762609 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435454 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260545 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257601 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80960 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872372 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807737 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM