Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Wiping the grin off smug 911ers.....

Quote:
    mlin said:
    Now that is possibly the biggest BS flawed logic I've come across on forum.
    And why so bitter and twisted?

On the contrary. Your content-free logic-free reply is the biggest BS flawed logic I've come across.

Wat can you expect from arguing with people online? As a friend once told me, "Never argue with idiots. First they drag you down to their level. Then they beat you with experience."

Still. Let's argue. There are two classes of people: those who already have Caymans and those who are waiting for better price-performance before buying one. The same reasoning applies in both cases: Porsche AG needs to improve the product in order to attract new customers on the fence and in order to get existing customers to trade in for newer models.

As for the wistful thinking on Porsche marketing part that Cayman owners will trade down to the butt-ugly 911, it's not happenning. Cayman owners would rather pay for an engine transplant. So why not build the car your customers want in the first place???

Quote:
    wushuhsu said:
    Quote:
    mlin said:
    Now that is possibly the biggest BS flawed logic I've come across on forum.
    And why so bitter and twisted?

On the contrary. Your content-free logic-free reply is the biggest BS flawed logic I've come across.

Wat can you expect from arguing with people online? As a friend once told me, "Never argue with idiots. First they drag you down to their level. Then they beat you with experience."

Still. Let's argue. There are two classes of people: those who already have Caymans and those who are waiting for better price-performance before buying one. The same reasoning applies in both cases: Porsche AG needs to improve the product in order to attract new customers on the fence and in order to get existing customers to trade in for newer models.

As for the wistful thinking on Porsche marketing part that Cayman owners will trade down to the butt-ugly 911, it's not happenning. Cayman owners would rather pay for an engine transplant. So why not build the car your customers want in the first place???

LOL wushuhsu.....with only 22 posts and no mention of which Porsche you actually own.....you seem to have already figured out what all Cayman owners or potential owners want, what Porsche should do, that the 911 is butt-ugly, blah, blah, blah.....I suspect an angry Boxster, BMW, or dare I even say a plastic Chebby owner??

My Cayman S is a beautiful machine with enough power, handling, and finesse to fully satisfy me. Sure, when the next version arrives with more power I will definitely take a look and may/may not bite. I may wait for two bumps in HP before I spend $$$....that's the way it is with ANY brand.

For now I'm very happy with my mid-engined, multiple award winning Porsche coupe and don't have any regrets buying it. It is everything Porsche billed it as and more.

I am waiting for the 3.6 to buy a Cayman, if that somehow makes me qualified or unqualified to comment, as you seem to be implying. I've got my checkbook out and will be first in line to order a 3.6L Cayman, paid in full, in case Porsche AG cares what customers want to buy, which I suspect they don't.

As for your own customer satisfaction, I have no doubt it's a great car. I'm just mad at Porsche AG's arrogance and marketing stance.

Plus, all you're doing is proving my point. You're in the category of satisfied existing customers who won't give Porsche AG another dime until they make significant upgrades, and I don't mean the token 20HP bump that's rumored for the 2008 model.

wushuhsu, unlike you I don't spend much time figuring out what other Cayman owners or potential owners will do in the future, I'm just happy that Porsche built the Cayman in the first place. For me the Cayman is a great package as is, of course some more power would be great (Boxster owners would like more, 997 owners want more), but I don't really need it that badly. I thouroughly enjoy my Cayman S.
    Regarding Porsche's arrogance and marketing stance. Owning a Porsche doesn't make me want to steer the company, I'm happy to leave that to Ferdinand Piëch and the rest of the supervisory board of Porsche. If they don't make a car that suits me I'll be forced to look at other manufacturers.
    I'm curious, what are you driving while you wait for a 3.6 Cayman?

This is all so silly and reminds me of the story of the guy who wanted to buy a TV ... but he heard that Color was coming out so he waited ... but when color came out he heard 27" consoles were next ... so he waited ... but then big screen came out so he waited ... but then came HDTV but he heard 1080p was coming out ... so he's still watching his 19" b&w TV

Don't like the CS? Fine ... keep watching your b&w 19" TV

Meanwhile many CS owners are living life and loving it.

Who care if there is 20 more HP next month and 20 more next year and 20 more in three years ... there will ALWAYS be more HP in the future ... duh

The thing is, you do influence Porsche AG. You do it with your pocketbook when you choose to buy a product they're trying to get you to buy. If enough people vote with their money not to buy a crippled Porsche, then Porsche AG will either need to discontinue it or upgrade it.

"a crippled Porsche".
    This post can be intended for nothing more than getting the readers amped up. It serves no useful purpose.
    I know you don't own a Cayman, and are "waiting" for a more powerful version, but have you EVER driven one?
    If you have, the word "crippled" is not what you would be thinking.

Quote:
    wushuhsu said:
    The thing is, you do influence Porsche AG. You do it with your pocketbook when you choose to buy a product they're trying to get you to buy. If enough people vote with their money not to buy a crippled Porsche, then Porsche AG will either need to discontinue it or upgrade it.

So what car are you driving in the meantime while you are punishing Porsche?

a 19" b&w TV

Quote:
    chows4us said:

a 19" b&w TV

Classic! Is it air cooled?

You've called the Cayman a cripple, described the 911 as butt-ugly, think Porsche AG is arrogant, and you drive a ......

Quote:
    mlin said:
    You've called the Cayman a cripple, described the 911 as butt-ugly, think Porsche AG is arrogant, and you drive a ......

What does it matter? Are you that shallow to judge people by the car they drive? I guess many people with Ferraris have similar views.

Incidentally, I am also waiting for a significant technology step before I swap. I suspect I'm not the only one. I would reckon another 12 months for a power hike and/or PDK to arrive.

You're quite quick to judge yourself wtsnet. You've just put Ferrari drivers in a box.

I think its a fair question considering we're talking about the cars we drive.

Ahem, No I didn't. I said 'Many' not 'All'. I was suggesting that many people may hold the same view, regardless of what they drive.

We should judge people by what they say, rather than what they look like or own.

I agree.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Ahem, No I didn't. I said 'Many' not 'All'. I was suggesting that many people may hold the same view, regardless of what they drive.

We should judge people by what they say, rather than what they look like or own.

But here you can find alot of wannabes. They buy a used Porsche and they think they are hot. They drive with the headlamps on with both front and rear fog lamps on during the day. They drive with the spoiler in the up position, and cut off or cut in front of every car on the freeway.

So you can judge them by how they drive also.

Our shop Cayman S has a 997S 3.8 X-51 transplant. We retained the X-51 headers but hand built our own exhaust. We retained the Cayman ECU but have worked with REVO Technik (we are the San Diego dealer for REVO) to Dyno tune the ECU for maximum benefit from the upgrade. Additional mods include GT3 front fascia, 3 radiator, cup suspension components and PASM compatible Bilstein PSS9 coilover's. The car is an absolute monster (not even 996TT's can touch it) but the ability to put the power down is severely limited by the lack of an LSD. The benefits of the mid engine chassis are undeniable.....this platform is capable of oh sooo much more from Porsche!! It's such a sleeper on the street too...you should see the look of disbelief on smug 996/997 snobs who won't even acknowledge the car until they attempt to put it in it's place. By no means do I advocate street racing under any circumstances but so many times I've had a late model 9XX driver deliberately try to "make a point" and even if only for a couple hundred yards it's funny to see....

Very cool.

Yes, now that's the car that Porsche AG should have built, but refuses to.

Or just do this to it:

RUF 3400K (400 HP)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690952 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410109 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256167 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858772 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775072 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM