Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S

Carlos from Spain:
    noone1:

Why do you need a wet mode? TC is TC control. A good system should simply adapt to conditions. Snow might be another story, but wet shouldn't be an issue.

Because in the wet you may want a bigger ESP cushion with a lower threshold than on dry, the earlier the ESP activates at the first signs of slippage the more chances of not not loosing control if it comes to that, and in the dry you may not want it to be very intrusive since there is less risk than on the wet, and in the wet you may be willing to exchange more intrusiveness for a bit bigger safety net. 

Exactly. Smiley Of course I adapt my driving to rain (I "admire" those drivers who keep doing speeds over 200 kph in torrential rain, they must be better...or less scared...than me Smiley) but especially in bad weather (rain, snow), I enjoy the additional safety net of ESP.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    noone1:

Why do you need a wet mode? TC is TC control. A good system should simply adapt to conditions. Snow might be another story, but wet shouldn't be an issue.

Because in the wet you may want a bigger ESP cushion with a lower threshold than on dry, the earlier the ESP activates at the first signs of slippage the more chances of not not loosing control if it comes to that, and in the dry you may not want it to be very intrusive since there is less risk than on the wet, and in the wet you may be willing to exchange more intrusiveness for a bit bigger safety net. 

Exactly. Smiley Of course I adapt my driving to rain (I "admire" those drivers who keep doing speeds over 200 kph in torrential rain, they must be better...or less scared...than me Smiley) but especially in bad weather (rain, snow), I enjoy the additional safety net of ESP.

I love those that you overtake on the highway because they are going slow, then heavy rain comes and the surface accumulates standing water and you slow down to adapt your speed to the conditions, after a bit they fly past you at the same speed they were doing on the dry Smiley way too fast now with risk of aquaplaning, then conditions clear and you resume normal speed and you come up on  them again at still the same speed which is now slow for the dry! Smiley WTF is going on in those brains, a flat EEG?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    noone1:

I love those that you overtake on the highway because they are going slow, then heavy rain comes and the surface accumulates standing water and you slow down to adapt your speed to the conditions, after a bit they fly past you at the same speed they were doing on the dry Smiley way too fast now with risk of aquaplaning, then conditions clear and you resume normal speed and you come up on  them again at still the same speed which is now slow for the dry! Smiley WTF is going on in those brains, a flat EEG?

they were on cruise control... R leg too lazy to work...

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

I wish drivers in Europe use cruise control but usually, they don't...resulting in speed variations of 20-30 kph when you follow them in speed limited zones. I just hate it because I usually turn cruise control on and let it go.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Quick question for 991.2 Turbo/Turbo S Coupe owners-Burmester, yes or no?

Thanks.

KresoF1:

Thanks.

Yes Smiley Very nice sound system (not the best - but maybe the best in the sportscar segment) Smiley

I even enjoy it in the convertible (that I would still recommend to you, no real disadvantages but many, many upsides).

Markus,

It will be a Coupe after all. I even do not want sunroof, but almost all cars on the market have it.

KresoF1:

Thanks.

I have BOSE in my GTS and I hate it. Definitely take Burmester if you like a decent sound, I had it in my Panamera Turbo S. Not the best sound out there in my opinion (the Harman Kardon in my Mini JCW sounds similar for much less money). Best sound system I ever heard in a sportscar is the Bang & Olufsen in my R8 (no kidding). Turn the volume up and you have a live disco. Smiley There is no distortion whatsoever at very high volumes, amazing system. The newer model year even has speakers in the headrest of the seats to improve sound at lower volumes as well.

--

KresoF1:

Markus,

It will be a Coupe after all. I even do not want sunroof, but almost all cars on the market have it.

I went for no sunroof and Bose only due to the extra weight of all that hifi stuff..... yes I know, you can't feel it on a 1600kg car but that's the way I tick - the Bose has a perfectly good enough sound for me, I guess it depends how anal you are about the quality of your sounds but I'm tend to have other stuff I'm into whilst driving.

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

TB993tt:
    KresoF1:

Markus,

I went for no sunroof and Bose only due to the extra weight of all that hifi stuff..... yes I know, you can't feel it on a 1600kg car but that's the way I tick - the Bose has a perfectly good enough sound for me, I guess it depends how anal you are about the quality of your sounds but I'm tend to have other stuff I'm into whilst driving.

If this is a weekend toy car for you, the sound system doesn't really matter. On a daily driver though, it matters a lot.

I have to admit that I listen very seldom to music while driving my R8 (and as l mentioned before, the sound system is top notch) but when I drive with my daughter (she loves music) and especially for a longer time (to Italy for example), the sound system is really important.

--

KresoF1:

Thanks.

Yes, for sound quality, Burmester all the way!  

I have been in high end audio for 30 years.  It really is an audiophile experience.

I have Burmester in my TTS. It's good. Not sure about the Bose but the burmester doesn't blow me away. 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2014 991 TTS Cab - Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2017 Porsche Mission E on order

EnglishManInNY:

I have Burmester in my TTS. It's good. Not sure about the Bose but the burmester doesn't blow me away. 

BOSE sucks...big time. A real rip off in my opinion. Should have gone with Burmester for my GTS Cab, didn't learn my lesson from past (BOSE) experiences. Smiley BOSE in the Cayenne S Diesel is surprisingly sounding much better though than in the 911.

--

RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

BOSE sucks...big time. A real rip off in my opinion. Should have gone with Burmester for my GTS Cab, didn't learn my lesson from past (BOSE) experiences. Smiley BOSE in the Cayenne S Diesel is surprisingly sounding much better though than in the 911.

Burmester is of course the best bet (although a bit pricey). Note that BOSE was upgraded between 991.1 and 991.2 with new amps and speakers. The difference is MASSIVE to say the least. I had BOSE in my former 991.1 and hated it. No mid range, boomy bass, etc. But enjoyed a ride in my friends 991.2 just recently with BOSE and to my ears that sounded more like Burmester and was actually excellent. BOSE has been changed on all Porsche cars for 2017 models as well as the Base audio system which now sounds quite decent compared to earlier when it was complete rubbish.

So in summary, if getting a 2017 (or newer) car, try and listen at the BOSE since it's quite okay and Burmester might not be worth it. Of course in a top spec, the Burmester might be a box to tick, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

lukestern:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

Burmester is of course the best bet (although a bit pricey). Note that BOSE was upgraded between 991.1 and 991.2 with new amps and speakers. The difference is MASSIVE to say the least. I had BOSE in my former 991.1 and hated it. No mid range, boomy bass, etc. But enjoyed a ride in my friends 991.2 just recently with BOSE and to my ears that sounded more like Burmester and was actually excellent. BOSE has been changed on all Porsche cars for 2017 models as well as the Base audio system which now sounds quite decent compared to earlier when it was complete rubbish.

So in summary, if getting a 2017 (or newer) car, try and listen at the BOSE since it's quite okay and Burmester might not be worth it. Of course in a top spec, the Burmester might be a box to tick, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Very interesting - did not realize this before Smiley

Hmm...I had BOSE in various 991.2 I drove and never noticed a big difference but I have to admit that I never really paid attention. Will check on that as soon as I get the chance to. 

--

You are all very picky. Whatever system is in my Macan turbo is perfectly fine...

SciFrog:

You are all very picky. Whatever system is in my Macan turbo is perfectly fine...

The Sound Plus in my GT3 in pants, buddy. But , yes, I get your drift Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I recently installed a Dynaudio tweeter custom upgrade for my 991.2 with a standard Bose system. 

And let's not forget that a Bose or Burmester system has nothing in common with either Bose nor Burmester. 

There is not a single piece of them in a Porsche !!

How it can be? Smiley

Companies like Bose and burmester only facilitates the choices, kind of consultancy. 

It's not their equipment that is installed (they are not even in that business of automotive audio) but they make the choices on behalf of Porsche. The manufacturing of the equipment is outsourced, mostly Chinese stuff :-(

Integra:

I recently installed a Dynaudio tweeter custom upgrade for my 991.2 with a standard Bose system. 

And let's not forget that a Bose or Burmester system has nothing in common with either Bose nor Burmester. 

There is not a single piece of them in a Porsche !!

Dieter Burmester would contest that... Smiley

--

Integra:

Companies like Bose and burmester only facilitates the choices, kind of consultancy. 

It's not their equipment that is installed (they are not even in that business of automotive audio) but they make the choices on behalf of Porsche. The manufacturing of the equipment is outsourced, mostly Chinese stuff :-(

So are you saying that every single part of Burmester systems (non automotive) is produced in Germany? Smiley I highly doubt it.

--

RC:
    Integra:

So are you saying that every single part of Burmester systems (non automotive) is produced in Germany? Smiley I highly doubt it.

I was talking about the automotive audio parts of Bose and Burmester.

For Bose, it's a company that does lot's of OEM for car manufactures.

I don't have the tweeters (that I replaced) from Bose close to me, otherwise if one is interested, I can tell you the name of the manufacturer.

Again: Do you really think that Burmester produces non-automotive parts for their systems in Germany only? 

--

of course not.

I used to work for Blaupunkt and most of their stuff is not even produced in Germany.

But you can have top quality Chinese stuff and shitty quality Chinese stuff.

The Bose (I don't know for the Burmester) is the latter indecision

Integra:

of course not.

I used to work for Blaupunkt and most of their stuff is not even produced in Germany.

But you can have top quality Chinese stuff and shitty quality Chinese stuff.

The Bose (I don't know for the Burmester) is the latter indecision

I agree. Smiley Although...the BOSE Quietcomfort 35 is the best wireless headphone I ever had (and I tried many, incl. some even more expensive). BOSE in the car? No thanks. Smiley

--

Maybe somebody already buyed new Bose bluetooth speaker Revolve or Revolve+? Cause I am thinking to buy one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUFrAXsPjk

indecision

Did 2 Euro trips in the Miami Blue Turbo S this year with Porsche. One South of France the other Swiss Alps.

I do dig that color!

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661026 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400871 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228957 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59296 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853262 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761307 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM