Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New targa 4S pics in real world

Carlos thank you so much for this thread. My wife and I have just watched your travels with really happy memories of our trip from Grindelwald when my knees needed a rest from skiiing. We travelled from through Interlaken via the hotel Jungfrau, and then over the Simplon pass into Italy to Lago Maggiori and Lake Como and then back to Zurich and Luzern - I am not sure if the sequence is right but the trip and the photos were stunning, even if the car (a rented Golf) was not.
    You are a great scene photographer. And your targa looks magnificent!!!

Great car, great trip, great pictures % wonderful write-up. You selected amost any option I'd have chosen as well.

A great car, would be perfect for my Dad - don't misunderstand this comment, he is mentally and physically of young age!

Stunning photography, thanks for the effort, Carlos. I wish I could drive my 928 on those roads. One long porsche commercial.

Great shots. I visited that part of the world a couple of times, years ago when I was in the Scouts (at Kandersteg, I think).

I saw my first Targa 4 "in the metal" this afternoon and it looked fantastic. It was a 4 on 18s, in Atlas Grey. I even loved the look of the chrome strip! Beautiful car.

Couldn't find any 'live' photos of Atlas on the T4, but was having a play around in p'shop:

Had a stab at Slate while I was at it:

drooling )) Thanks man, I can't wait to see my Targa 4s come from an internet stensil to real life

Thanks for the great photographs! I was lucky enough to enjoy the roads between Täsch and Lauterbrunnen this summer--and used the tunnel for a shortcut. The glacier has receded considerably since the last time I was on the Eiger.

dan

Carlos,

The scenery is as stunning as the vehicle. Truly magnificent on both counts.

One question though on your photos of the retracted roof: Does the roof retract even further? The Flash animation on the web special shows the roof as fully retractable, with no glass "seam" showing.

For parking reasons a Cabrio is not for me. The Targa has piqued my interest, as previously I was resigned to ordering the coupe and putting up with the small sunroof.

Ed

I don't think it goes back farther. I sat in one at a dealer last night, and you still see the exposed glass panel when looking at the roof from outside, but if you look inside the back above the rear seats, there is no more room for the panel to slide back. At any rate, when you are sitting in the seat and looking up, you do not see the remainder of the glass panel. All you see is open air! It is quite nice when you actually sit in it. If I can just get used to the chrome strip and pointed end on the rear window. I am slowly convinving myself.

Quote:
    fxhomie said:
    Carlos,

The scenery is as stunning as the vehicle. Truly magnificent on both counts.

One question though on your photos of the retracted roof: Does the roof retract even further? The Flash animation on the web special shows the roof as fully retractable, with no glass "seam" showing.

For parking reasons a Cabrio is not for me. The Targa has piqued my interest, as previously I was resigned to ordering the coupe and putting up with the small sunroof.

Ed

Good morning fxhomie and Martini,
    The roof does not retract further, Martini gave the right answer, confirmed this morning by Porsche Switzerland.
    In the animation of the Porsche website, the roof seem to go further, but it is because of the angle of the camera.
    Thanks and good luck...hard to decide, I know...I jumped into the water and do not regret.
    Carlos

why would anyone buy a targa... never could get it...

Drive one for a week. Then you'll wonder why anyone would buy a coupé (unless to save a few grands).

Hi Carlos - I have ordered a Targa and delivery date is June 07! Looking at the colour combo and like your set up. I have young children, do you think difficult to keep the ligt colours you have clean? Is difficult or easy to clean the tan leather? I liked the Norwegian Gold as well for exterior.

Hello Chatty, welcome to the board, and congratulations on your order. Unfortunately, I'm afraid light colors will always require more care. It's a trade-off. Bright colors look much more lively and don't turn the car into an oven (the greenhouse effect was invented here ) - yet again, you'll need to be extra careful.

Speaking of color combos, I played a bit with Photoshop. I always preferred the 987's bicolor interior layout to the 997's, and tried to improve a bit on it. What do you think of the following setup?

Black/Tan interior
    Black floor mats with tan piping
    Deviated carpets (black)
    Deviated rear console (black leather)
    Deviated storage compartment lid with Targa 4S logo (black)
    Deviated seat backs (black leather)
    Deviated Bose subwoofer in leather (black)

Deviated bass speaker grill (black leather)
    Medium loudpspeaker grill in leather
    Deviated center console (black)
    Deviated door handle (black leather)

The last 4 options do not exist currently (the speakers are supposed to be the same color, and the center console is supposed to be the same color as the lower half of the dashboard), but I hope Exclusive will be willing to do it (I know, they're already laughing all the way to the bank... )

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Hello Chatty, welcome to the board, and congratulations on your order. Unfortunately, I'm afraid light colors will always require more care. It's a trade-off. Bright colors look much more lively and don't turn the car into an oven (the greenhouse effect was invented here ) - yet again, you'll need to be extra careful.

Speaking of color combos, I played a bit with Photoshop. I always preferred the 987's bicolor interior layout to the 997's, and tried to improve a bit on it. What do you think of the following setup?

Black/Tan interior
    Deviated carpets (black)

The last 4 options do not exist currently (the speakers are supposed to be the same color, and the center console is supposed to be the same color as the lower half of the dashboard), but I hope Exclusive will be willing to do it (I know, they're already laughing all the way to the bank... )

Welcome to the board Chatty, and welcome to the club of potential targa owners. I hope the waiting is not too hard...
    Be careful of the Groom...this man is dangerous...his know how is so huge ( ) that he is able to convince everybody to spend 30K euros on options...
    Carlos
    BTW, the Groom, your photoshop is tempting, luckily my targa 4S is already here.
    BTW, Chatty, "accidents" of kids on tan leather seats are not so difficult to remove. I do that since years... ...without shouting.
    Carlos

I freely admit I spend way too long on this awesome site, especially on threads where other members ponder options. Granted, I had to pretend very hard not to see the little figures on the top right of the Configurator when I made this picture.

But who knows, were the 997 to be the last Targa, it'd be worth it to have a truly special car that I'd keep for a long time.

As for my know-how, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Fortunately, I'm a mere amateur on this forum when it comes to car knowledge.

Thanks for the photoshop pic. I have not spec yet but when i add all that i want i start to get close to the turbo! i think i will go for midnight blue as i like carlos pics and a similar colour set up inside! sorry to copy....actually i really liked the logo on the center console and the handbrake. these options are not on the uk site and really opened my ideas to extra options i did not know......last question.....do i get the 4s or 4....i will up spec the wheels to sports anyway and do the PSE....so looks is same but the less power is ok...i not a racer but a lover! but is it worth the extra for the 4S? I am thinking the extra saved can be spent on all those lovelt extras! or is the 4S worth the extra over the 4?

Quote:
    chatty said:
    Thanks for the photoshop pic. I have not spec yet but when i add all that i want i start to get close to the turbo! i think i will go for midnight blue as i like carlos pics and a similar colour set up inside! sorry to copy....actually i really liked the logo on the center console and the handbrake. these options are not on the uk site and really opened my ideas to extra options i did not know......last question.....do i get the 4s or 4....i will up spec the wheels to sports anyway and do the PSE....so looks is same but the less power is ok...i not a racer but a lover! but is it worth the extra for the 4S? I am thinking the extra saved can be spent on all those lovelt extras! or is the 4S worth the extra over the 4?

Good evening Chatty,
    I think most of the rennteamers will advise you to go for the 4S and explain it much better than I do. In the price difference, you get important options like PASM. Sport chrono is important because of the throttle maping. PSE is a matter of taste. Exclusive leather options are beautiful but very expensive. If your budget is limited, I would put them in second or third priority.
    Please rennteamers help me explain...

Carlos

Hey Carlos

What a great post, I am so jealous, I wish I had waited for the Targs. What a perfect sports car.

Query. Do you think a set of golf clubs will now be able to be put in the rear through the back window?

Thanks again Carlos for your input. I am looking forward to owning my targa one day. i booked in sept 2006 and intially dealer said delivery jan-feb 2007 but they now say that their allocation is so small will be june 2007. i am a little worried by these new pics of the updated model and reading will be out on show august 2007 and first deliveries jan 2008. seams i buy a new model and then wait 8 months for delivery and then few months after i get new model will be released. not happy about this but want to get the car. any thoughts?

Quote:
    The Groom said:

Black/Tan interior
    Deviated carpets (black)

I completely agree with you. Everything in tan is way too bright. So when the two tone interior was introduced, I was petty happy to see it. What you did is even better

I'd change one thing: I never liked the alu look (looks like plastic) in the car. So I'd go for the carbon package for the vents and the rest. Just my 2cents.

I'm not so sure carbon would work so well with a bicolor black/tan interior. The faux alu trim works pretty well as a contrasting color, and echoes the (genuine) alu trim outside.

If you wanted something else than the faux aluminum trim, you might want to try Makassar. I think it'd work pretty well with black and tan.

Here is the same interior but with Makassar trim instead, and a PCM in (faux) Aluminum.

If anyone is interested, I made a Photoshop file with most components you'll ever need to create your own Configurator.

Click me.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    If anyone is interested, I made a Photoshop file with most components you'll ever need to create your own Configurator.

Click me.

Great photoshop file, I would try to keep it simple, with not too much contrasts.
    IMO (matter of taste),
    a) there is too much black
    b) The makassar is kitsch
    c) the wood should not be used in a sportscar.
    Carlos

Quote:
    CarlosF said:
    these options are only on ther german configurator...
    Until next week...
    Carlos

Is that deviated stitching?

I think Carlos was talking about the Exclusive options he had specified, and the new Leather / Aluminum handbrake and gear levers.

Quote:
    chatty said:
    Thanks again Carlos for your input. I am looking forward to owning my targa one day. i booked in sept 2006 and intially dealer said delivery jan-feb 2007 but they now say that their allocation is so small will be june 2007. i am a little worried by these new pics of the updated model and reading will be out on show august 2007 and first deliveries jan 2008. seams i buy a new model and then wait 8 months for delivery and then few months after i get new model will be released. not happy about this but want to get the car. any thoughts?

I went through the same kind of thoughts and I just ordered one. I think Porsche will not be so immoral to update a model (targa 4, rs, tt) the next year after its introduction. So I hope that the changes will appear on carreras first and on targas and other new models only starting 2009. You can say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Hello rennteamers,
    The Groom ( ) has to give his specs in the next days for his targa 4S and asked me to post some details of my bi-color interior leather specs, especially the stitching and the backseats. Here we go:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760522 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434273 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259963 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257111 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871180 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806328 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM