Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: How old is everyone here ?

Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

Would the teenagers here mind letting the board now what they did in their short live to be able to afford a Turbo? Sports ? Lottery ? Parents ?

Btw ,There was a thread started in the off topic board asking about what ones parents did and how one became so successful to be able to afford nice toys like a Porsche , it got very little responses.

True, till 25 I was still in university and my transportation was public...

Quote:
    Hookipa said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

Would the teenagers here mind letting the board now what they did in their short live to be able to afford a Turbo? Sports ? Lottery ? Parents ?

Btw ,There was a thread started in the off topic board asking about what ones parents did and how one became so successful to be able to afford nice toys like a Porsche , it got very little responses.

22. Was hoping to be an owner at 21, but I bought myself an appartment instead . Still aiming for 22 or 23, though.

Okay guys, let's up the average a bit. I am 64, have owned over 20 different Porsches since 1965 (own three now, with my order for a 997TT coming up in early December), and wish all you young hot shoes a happy, successful and thankful Thanksgiving!

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hookipa said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

22. Was hoping to be an owner at 21, but I bought myself an appartment instead . Still aiming for 22 or 23, though.

Good decision.

I'm 41. Yikes.

thirty six

a happy 36

Going on 67 years

Wow! If you do not get it when you are in your thirties, chances are that its too late then. Sad indeed.

I'm 58 and my wife is 54. It looks like we win the oldest so far.

I can't believe I'm actually 39.

Quote:
    Vincy said:
    I'm 58 and my wife is 54. It looks like we win the oldest so far.

Nope take a peek again, someone has you beat.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hookipa said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

Good decision.

I'm 41. Yikes.

41 is nothing! Nowadays, most fit men don't start getting old until in their sixties, some even later (as evidenced by a number of Turbo owners over 60).

44 but act like a 14 year old...so people tell me.

35...and looking forward to my first 911

Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

I am 21, owning a C2S CAB( hopefully a turbo very soon...)

my family background is not easy to buy a few "toy cars", but affordable. I can cry like a baby to ask for a Porsche but instead, my dad trusts me enough to have me helping him to invest with an average rate of 20% to 40% return each year. (up to date this year's portfolio has reached 35%, it means alot to my dad ) so after around 3 years of doing it, thats how i got my first porsche as a reward.

I maybe depending on my dads fortune to buy a porsche, but at least i have paid my effort for it. (in my location, many young kids(including some people i know) just driving their family cars and posters.. showing off.. . when i bought the porsche, i dont even tell any of my friends until they saw me on the street. personally i like being low profile... )

Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

my family background is not easy to buy a few "toy cars", but affordable. I can cry like a baby to ask for a Porsche but instead, my dad trusts me enough to have me helping him to invest with an average rate of 20% to 40% return each year. (up to date this year's portfolio has reached 35%, it means alot to my dad ) so after around 3 years of doing it, thats how i got my first porsche as a reward.

I maybe depending on my dads fortune to buy a porsche, but at least i have paid my effort for it. (in my location, many young kids(including some people i know) just driving their family cars and posters.. showing off.. . when i bought the porsche, i dont even tell any of my friends until they saw me on the street. personally i like being low profile... )

You deserve it! With such a high annual rate-of-return, your father can be glad to have you on his side.

i wish my dad is glad...

he seems not very satisfied all the time, he keep saying i can do better than that..(in a bad way... )
    some non-sense agruments usually happen, but oh well he is my father.

at least my baby in the garage cheers me everytime

It's interesting to see such a low average age for Turbo owners, but I caution this is not the whole market's average. It's nice to be able to get such a lofty prize so soon, but I think the prize tstes even better when you work through the years to get it.

997 TT was my 50th birthday present.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hookipa said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

Good decision.

I'm 41. Yikes.

41 is nothing! Nowadays, most fit men don't start getting old until in their sixties, some even later (as evidenced by a number of Turbo owners over 60).

You planning on running for office..:-) I don't know about 41...but 46 isn't quite as much fun as 22 Youth is wasted on the young as they say.

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    You planning on running for office..:-) I don't know about 41...but 46 isn't quite as much fun as 22 Youth is wasted on the young as they say.

Yes, youth is wasted on us youngsters. All that partying and girlfriends that don't yet have to wear their breasts as a scarf really suck .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

You deserve it! With such a high annual rate-of-return, your father can be glad to have you on his side.

I no longer am intersted in peoples age (I am 47) however I sure am intersted in how you are getting return rates from 20% to 40%. There must be drugs, plastic surgery or homes in california involved.

Quote:
    997CarreraS said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    Quote:
    993S said:
    41 for a few more weeks

I no longer am intersted in peoples age (I am 47) however I sure am intersted in how you are getting return rates from 20% to 40%. There must be drugs, plastic surgery or homes in california involved.

Well i have been digging money from my home town.

If you know well in the finance field, i have been investing in the hong kong stock market, mostly H-shares.
    thanks to china boosting economy.
    for example, 2 stocks from my portfolio, PTR and SNP. my bought in average prices are around US93$ and US55$ respectively(based on ETFs prices). as they have just broken through history high these days. these 2 stocks are already 30% and 41% return.
    I also invested in a china gold mining stock zijun mining" which has already given me 70% return! since May's correction of the commodities prices.

and on other side i am doing some commodities future as well from time to time.

so nothing illegal involved : )

are plastic surgery or homes in california illegal ?

39 myself.....

Quote:
    Malmsteen said:

If you know well in the finance field, i have been investing in the hong kong stock market, mostly H-shares.
    for example, 2 stocks from my portfolio, PTR and SNP. my bought in average prices are around US93$ and US55$ respectively(based on ETFs prices). as they have just broken through history high these days. these 2 stocks are already 30% and 41% return.
    I also invested in a china gold mining stock zijun mining" which has already given me 70% return! since May's correction of the commodities prices.

How do you manage to get informations on these chinese stocks? How do you follow stocks like these? Every piece of news must be in chinese and quite hard to get.

When you can go up 70% on a stock, you can usually go down by the same amount in less than a month. And to do 40% on your entire portfolio means you invest at very high risk and everything can go up in smoke in a very short period of time.

I'm not willing to loose everything I got. I usually make between 15% to 20% a year. And that's already a lot. An average return is somthing like 8%. So 40% tells me you are playing with fire. I hope you know what you're doing. (Not that I'm a wall street guru or anything, I'm just stating what I believe)

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Malmsteen said:

How do you manage to get informations on these chinese stocks? How do you follow stocks like these? Every piece of news must be in chinese and quite hard to get.

When you can go up 70% on a stock, you can usually go down by the same amount in less than a month. And to do 40% on your entire portfolio means you invest at very high risk and everything can go up in smoke in a very short period of time.

I'm not willing to loose everything I got. I usually make between 15% to 20% a year. And that's already a lot. An average return is somthing like 8%. So 40% tells me you are playing with fire. I hope you know what you're doing. (Not that I'm a wall street guru or anything, I'm just stating what I believe)

There are some online softwares which help you follow up news and informations on stocks easily... example www.e-finet.com (is a chinese website though..its for hong kong market)

playing fire or not..depends on how you do it.. everyone has a different point of view.. some people look for short term.. mid... or long term. personally i look for extra long term which means my money could be sitting duck for around a year. (my portfolio is a 1 year term)
    looking out for news and informations on each company..you analyze...logcailly predict the future of it..etc.. then make a decision. i am sure people would do the same thing.

on the other hand, i believe anything in life related to money is risk. ( i may get fired from my job somedays..? what if no one rents my familys properties..due to some reasons..?..) they are just less risk.

and for the stocks in my portfolio, they are mostly China Owned Corps(also highly related to oil, metal prices and taking benefits from booming china economy, so i may get lucky in the past few years when i started i just got into this trend)... Currently i think theres no reason for their prices to go up in smoke(for now)... there may be a big correction since they are at history high right now. (ill certainly load up more stocks when it happens)

actually i did experience a very low point before that i had lost around 1 million HK$ (around 150k$ US)
    it was a GREAT pressure... but i decided to even load up more stocks instead of selling them off. and my 1 mill came back and on top with a few 10ks more too.

on safety circumstance i setup rules for myself. for example: there is always back up money in the safe incase poo happens, and i and my family have stable income which is able to keep up our lives..etc, also beware of those big investing companies, they are controlling the markets after all and politcal factors..what so ever..

i am not really an expert, so its very hard to explain. i think investing in stocks is a very personal thing. again everyone has different points of view...as long as you are making money out of it, its all good

peace

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755916 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431850 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258921 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256042 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80017 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5267 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869092 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803378 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM