Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Newest Facelift Mule Pics

Here are the newest Cayenne facelift pics that I found on another forum...

Re: Newest Facelift Pics

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Here are the newest Cayenne facelift pics that I found on another forum...

Newest? There are already photos on another Rennteam thread with no camo:

LINK

Am I right in assuming that it's the Turbo in these pictures (blue car); and that the Turbo will have horizontal sidelights; and the Base and S will both have the vertical sidelights?

That's my assumption as well.

They need to further differentiate the base Cayenne vs. the S so that the losers here in Los Angeles will not be able to just buy the S emblem for their base model.

My customer service rep. was laughing when he told me how many people do it. According to him, it seems there is a certain ethnic group that has no shame in doing this.

Personally, I don't think I care one way or the other if someone sticks an S badge on their base Cayenne ... except maybe a little sad for them.

The non S Cayenne should not exist, not worth wearing the Porsche emblem. The engine is a VW one...

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    They need to further differentiate the base Cayenne vs. the S so that the losers here in Los Angeles will not be able to just buy the S emblem for their base model.

My customer service rep. was laughing when he told me how many people do it. According to him, it seems there is a certain ethnic group that has no shame in doing this.

Could be worse--they could be putting a "Type R" badge on it...

Is there any information available about the interior?...
    Will the they add a touch screen to the Nav System?
    Any news about support for Blue tooth phones?

Quote:
    bobr said:

Well last year I got to see a prototype of the new PCM and it is much sharper and they were testing it as a touchscreen based system. Not too sure about the bluetooth feature but I would think that any luxury brand maker would be a bit behind the times by leaving it out of a modern vehicle.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    The non S Cayenne should not exist, not worth wearing the Porsche emblem. The engine is a VW one...

The problem is (according to my dealer) the base Cayenne is selling VERY well. It seems that the wannabes are opting for the base and then just sticking on the S. Maybe it is more prevalent in the big cities.

talking about S badge..

when i was buying a 911
    my salesman told me to stick a S on the Carrera so they can sell the sitting dust model on their lot...

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    bobr said:

Well last year I got to see a prototype of the new PCM and it is much sharper and they were testing it as a touchscreen based system. Not too sure about the bluetooth feature but I would think that any luxury brand maker would be a bit behind the times by leaving it out of a modern vehicle.

SoCalHoosier Thanks for your insight...My Wife's Acura MDX has Touch Screen Nav & Bluetooth for cell so I am hoping Porsche steps up to puuting it in the '08 Cayenne.

Hi!

Touch screen

What a pitty that i call a greasy skin my own

Best regards
    Gregor

JD Power just released its navigation system rankings. At the top was the Pioneer navigation system in the Lincoln Zephyr, which is a touch screen system. The Harman/Becker system that Porsche and Mercedes uses was one of the lowest ranked systems. I don't think its likely that Porsche is going to change navigation system suppliers and I also don't think its likely that Harman/Becker is suddenly going to make dramatic improvements in their system. We may see "touch-screen" but I would think overall performance will continue to lag the Pioneer and Alpine supplied systems.

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    JD Power just released its navigation system rankings. At the top was the Pioneer navigation system in the Lincoln Zephyr, which is a touch screen system. The Harman/Becker system that Porsche and Mercedes uses was one of the lowest ranked systems. I don't think its likely that Porsche is going to change navigation system suppliers and I also don't think its likely that Harman/Becker is suddenly going to make dramatic improvements in their system. We may see "touch-screen" but I would think overall performance will continue to lag the Pioneer and Alpine supplied systems.

Funny enough, all the Nav System comparisons in Germany are won by non-touch screen systems and to be honest...I don't like touch screen either. Especially when the sun shines, you can see your greasy fingerprints everywhere on the screen, it looks horrible.

Regarding bluetooth...maybe. One thing is for sure, Porsche wants to improve a lot in the entertainment system domain, they added more engineering capacity to this department as far as I heard. This is actually a good thing.

Regarding the rear of the Cayenne facelift: it will look a little bit Volvo-ish, actually not bad, they weren't able to squeeze more out of the same body shape. The interior also gets a facelift but not as substantial as the exterior and especially the engines and the technology under the body.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Regarding the rear of the Cayenne facelift: it will look a little bit Volvo-ish...

Exactly what I was thinking when I had a look at those pics.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Regarding the rear of the Cayenne facelift: it will look a little bit Volvo-ish, actually not bad, they weren't able to squeeze more out of the same body shape. The interior also gets a facelift but not as substantial as the exterior and especially the engines and the technology under the body.

I don't like the exhaust coming out in the middle of the rear valance. Looks stupid IMO. Just like the 911 turbo.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Regarding the rear of the Cayenne facelift: it will look a little bit Volvo-ish...

I thought exactly the same thing. Sad when the day comes Porsche need to copy from Volvo...

Quote:
    GM Austin said:

LINK

Gary, the camo was removed using Photoshop, this (still) isn't the real thing.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Sad when the day comes Porsche need to copy from Volvo...

LOL... what do you expect when you hire the lead 'designer' from Saab.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

The upper part of the rear lights seems to be just camouflage.
    But I really don't know if without that red stripe the rear of the new Cayenne with its bigger rear lights does look any better than the old model.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    GM Austin said:

LINK

Gary, the camo was removed using Photoshop, this (still) isn't the real thing.

Thanks RC!
    Please tell me those tall, Volvoesque tail lights are just camo.

Are you guys serious with the Volvo comments? I'd sasy it's pretty obvious from the pics that it's just camo.

Quote:
    denn said:
    Are you guys serious with the Volvo comments? I'd sasy it's pretty obvious from the pics that it's just camo.

Oh sure, its obviously camo, but why? Why this camo? I sure hope there's no intent to make the tall lights.

Because it's made of tape?

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Quote:
    denn said:

Oh sure, its obviously camo, but why? Why this camo? I sure hope there's no intent to make the tall lights.

Exactly, is the contrary to what they are going to do!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765145 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437101 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261327 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258151 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82733 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877385 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809596 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM