Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Wuss!

Quote:
    OCBen said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    I just looked at his arguments and took them apart when I felt they were based on assumptions that had faults.

"took them apart"... Yeah right! ... In your dreams, Marcel D. ... in your dreams.

Let's see. Here's one example I can remember. You bought some $35 somewhat narrow chinese-made plastic ramps, backed your car up on them and got underneath it for an oil/filter change.

I criticized/dismantled your post for not using jack stands in addition to the ramps.

You emphasized jack stands were unecessary, and ridiculed my criticism, because you assumed the $35 chinese-made, too-narrow-for-our-tires plastic ramps would be sufficiently safe by themselves.

Buh, bye. I'm ignoring your future posts here on Rennteam.

Lets stop this before its turns more serious. Friendly advisory for everyone: no personal remarks whatsoever will be allowed, not here. So stick to impersonal car talk. Any personal stuff you can take it up via PM's. Thanks for your cooperation.

Well said Carlos - we can do without that!

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Let's see. Here's one example I can remember. You bought some $35 somewhat narrow chinese-made plastic ramps, backed your car up on them and got underneath it for an oil/filter change.

I criticized/dismantled your post for not using jack stands in addition to the ramps.

You emphasized jack stands were unecessary, and ridiculed my criticism, because you assumed the $35 chinese-made, too-narrow-for-our-tires plastic ramps would be sufficiently safe by themselves.

Buh, bye. I'm ignoring your future posts here on Rennteam.

It was you, Marcel D., who made the false assumption that they were cheap Chinese made (when in fact they're not), for which I criticized you for not knowing what you're talking about. But then, that shouldn't come as a surprise to the good folks here at Rennteam, should it, that you seldom know what you're talking about.

I even went out of my way to try to explain to you that ramps are rigid structures just like jack stands, and that they're even more stable than jack stands because of their wider base. But like a petulant child you stubbornly refused to learn a thing or two. ... Then again, that should not come as news to the folks here.

This very thread is an example of your whiny, self-absorbed self -- always seeking attention, aren't you Marcel? I'm sure everyone here knows that about you already, given your high post count here.

You've been exposed everywhere you go, Marcel, that you are nothing but a sham. You pretend to know what you don't. You pretend to be what you're not.

Oh wait, don't hit the reply button, you're not allowed to reply to this, remember? You're supposed to have me on ignore. ... You wouldn't want others to know you also have a habit of lying, would you? ..... There, you can thank me later.

Boys, boys!! Tsk,tsk

Quote:
    OCBen said:...But then, that shouldn't come as a surprise to the good folks here at Rennteam, should it, that you seldom know what you're talking about.

... But like a petulant child you stubbornly refused to learn a thing or two. ... Then again, that should not come as news to the folks here.

This very thread is an example of your whiny, self-absorbed self -- always seeking attention, aren't you Marcel? I'm sure everyone here knows that about you already, given your high post count here.

You've been exposed everywhere you go, Marcel, that you are nothing but a sham. You pretend to know what you don't. You pretend to be what you're not.

What... you can't READ OCBen!! just two posts above for heaven's sake
    If you can't make any decent, well manered, and educated contributions to this forum, please refrain from posting. Members on this forum do not come here to waste time reading this nonsense, do not tolerate it, and makes you loose all credibility and simpathy. Out of the respect of the members of this forum, keep the personal attacks away and you are very welcome to particpate, otherwise don't.

On a side note. Don't speak in name of the members of this forum, AFIK, MMD is a well respected member with many positive contributions.

I like the personal attacks...sorry, OT. Keeps it interesting anyway. MMD, I've been there. My first 4 Porsches were fair weather cars. My last one, a 997S was a daily driver regardless of weather and I must admit I really enjoyed it more that way. I never keep them long and realized that I got the same on trade in whether I drove them 3k or 10k miles, rain or shine. The ultimate luxury and enjoyment is driving them in all conditions and for what they cost, that's the way it should be.

Re: Messy Weather, Rain, Mud, Damp, Crummy.

Please let's focuse on what we like. MMD, try this, sliding around under light snowing...It is the ultimate fun, sort of "automotive orgasm"...
    BTW, I like yours threads, read them all. Can't answet this kind of thread because my basic school and business english is not good enough. But I will improve...In the meantime, I try it with pictures.

Carlos

MMD, I feel for you... here's my confession.

I had washed, waxed and covered my baby when I left for the UK 10 days ago. I got back to TN last night and the weather was foul. I had a quick peek in the garage and she was all tucked up as I had left her.

Woke up to a glorious morning and went to the garage to do the "remove the cover ritual" with a view to take the baby for a drive on this sunny and crisp morning.

What happen's ?... the car is gleaming and spotless... just immaculate... IN FACT IT'S SO CLEAN THAT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO TAKE IT FOR A SPIN!!!!! How daft is that ?!?!

I'm turning into something quite strange! Of course I love my car to be super clean for each drive but not to this degree of fanatisism.

HELP!!!!

Quote:
    Haku said:
    MMD, I feel for you... here's my confession.

I had washed, waxed and covered my baby when I left for the UK 10 days ago. I got back to TN last night and the weather was foul had a quick peek in the garage and she was all tucked up as I had left her.

Woke up to a glorious morning and went to the garage to do the "remove the cover ritual" with a view to take the baby for a drive on this sunny and crisp morning.

What happen's ?... the car is gleaming and spotless... just immaculate... IN FACT IT'S SO CLEAN THAT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO TAKE IT FOR A SPIN!!!!! How daft is that ?!?!

I'm turning into something quite strange! Of course I love my car to be super clean for each drive but not to this degree of fanatisism.

HELP!!!!

Repeat after me:

It's just a car
    It's just a car
    It's just a car
    It's just a car

Haku, also check out this thread:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=291122&an=0&page=0#291122

Your garage won't save you ...

Quote:
    Scotty A said:
    Haku, also check out this thread:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=291122&an=0&page=0#291122

Your garage won't save you ...

Cripes!!! I'm off to Lowe's to pick up a garage heater!

See what I'm faced with?

Scotty A, I tried the <whisper> It's just a car... exercise but the word NOT keeps being inserted between "It's" and "just" !

MMD, I hope your infliction hasn't become quite as bad as mine.

Quote:
    Haku said:

Scotty A, I tried the <whisper> It's just a car... exercise but the word NOT keeps being inserted between "It's" and "just" !

Try it with:
    "It's a drivers' car, not a poseurs' car".

Fritz, I think you've hit a nerve there

The gloves come off tomorrow! Come rain or shine... shine please shine!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:What... you can't READ OCBen!! just two posts above for heaven's sake

My apologies Carlos, didn't see your post above.
    Was working on my reply while at the office on the phone trying to do some work, and had the text input box open the whole time so I never got to see your post before I replied.

Its all good Ben, as long as we all try to keep it clean and unpersonal (I know its hard sometimes, we are all human) this is a much better place. Thanks for your cooperation.

Get the car out and DRIVE it!
    A garage is no guarantee of protection:

I drove my old black M5 miles in sun, rain and snow.
    I Zaino'd it before selling, & even with 120K miles on an 8 year-old black car the finish still looked so pristine the buyer's first comment was how gorgeous the paint looked.

What I did yesterday.

Just drove the thing. It rained, it was muddy, the RainX was impressive as usual.

Got home, hosed off ONLY the muddy areas behind the wheel wells and lower doors and rocker panels where the dirt collected. Was very careful not to get the rotors wet.

Let it sit for ten minutes to let excess water drip off.

Put it into the heated garage (sorry, kinda embarassing) and shut the door.

Next time I feel like driving it I will. Next time we have a week of forecasted dry weather maybe I'll give it a bath.

Thanks for everybody's POVs.

Re: What I did yesterday.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Put it into the heated garage (sorry, kinda embarassing) and shut the door.

Why are you embarrased or sorry for a heated garage? I'd love for mine to be. My wife and I are talking about buying a different house in about two years so there is no need to invest in installing a heating system into this one.

Enjoy the wamth! Heck, I am thinking of putting down a "row" of carpeting. It would be positioned such that the wheels wouldn't necessary drive on it, but when I stepped out I would step onto the carpeting and not the concrete.

Well done MMD, your post has been inspirational and I too took the car out onto some twisties... except the weather has been glorious and the car is back in the garage still pristine clean

Me thinks its time for another spin.

Haku... don't feel too bad! You are not the only one who does not like to take the p-car out in bad weather. I must admit to the same disease! I like the p-car to always be clean!!! Got nothing to do with being a poseur... I just like it clean and I also don't like the way the car handles in the rain with all the puddle of water around here (at least, on New York City roads). Moreover, it increases the chances of another car losing control and crashing into our babies. For that type of weather, I'll just take one of my cheaper cars that has a higher ground clearance...

Quote:
    gmp said:
    Haku... don't feel too bad! You are not the only one who does not like to take the p-car out in bad weather. I must admit to the same disease! I like the p-car to always be clean!!! Got nothing to do with being a poseur... I just like it clean and I also don't like the way the car handles in the rain with all the puddle of water around here (at least, on New York City roads). Moreover, it increases the chances of another car losing control and crashing into our babies. For that type of weather, I'll just take one of my cheaper cars that has a higher ground clearance...

Aah gmp, at last someone else who understands my predicament.

For me its nothing to do with poseurism really. It's more that I just love the car to be immaculate whenever I drive it. Up in these mountains I don't mind driving in the rain and I know the C4S actually handles wonderfully in such conditions. It's just that I know how much time and work goes into keeping the car the way I want it to be and therefore taking it out in horid weather just means that I better have the time to clean it pronto.

I guess it's all about striking a happy balance. I shall persevere.

BTW, I did go out and get a heater for the garage hehehe... (I was going to get one anyway!). The car is still clean and gleaming... just lovely.

Quote:
    gmp said:
    Moreover, it increases the chances of another car losing control and crashing into our babies.

That's when you have to go back to "Plan A" as described above and start repeating:

"It's just a car
    It's just a car
    It's just a car
    It's just a car"

ok.... Repeating...
    It's just a car!
    It's just a car!
    It's just a car!
    It's just...

Hell, I am going for a spin right now!!!

Thanks!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691223 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410281 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256296 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235442 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65769 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858916 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775252 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM