Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

New video for you RC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwwtosMoKY

RC:
    Gnil:
    RC:

If you drive your 6 point harness on public roads, you are in big trouble in Germany. No insurance coverage if something happens. Car insurances over here started to be real asses. My R8 insurance paid 170 EUR less for the windshield replacement because they said my Audi dealer was too expensive. The Audi dealer used the official calculations for the windshield and labor, nothing special or more expensive. I am too busy to start fighting with my insurance over 170 EUR  (2000 EUR bill) but it is annoying.

You did not read my post properly . I said I have a 6 point harness AND a seat belt . In Switzerland it is also forbidden to drive with the harness . I do NOT drive with the harness on public roads . I use the SEAT BELT .  Porsche made the seats in such a way that you can store easily the harness when you do not use it . It goes trough the bottom of the seat . You do not have it in the way . 

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I know a couple of GT3 guys who drive around with the 6 point harness because they are too lazy to switch (or they just don't care...). Thought you do the same but I should have known better. Sorry. Smiley

Smiley No problem . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

Thanks. My mouth started watering again... Smiley Smiley

Still have my problems with that huge wing, can't get used to it. I wish Lamborghini would offer some sort of retractable/foldable version as an alternative. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

The ONLY thing that the Performante has going for it is the engine. I think the styling is crap. When a see the Huracan on the street I say to myself what a silly looking car.Smiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Huracan sells very well. Clearly the design is a success.

nberry:
    vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

The ONLY thing that the Performante has going for it is the engine. I think the styling is crap. When a see the Huracan on the street I say to myself what a silly looking car.Smiley

Hm, I disagree here. IMO the Huracan has an absolutely terrific design. For me the baby Lambo looks better than its Ferrari counterpart and I also think it will age better. The 488 begins to show its age and looks already a bit bloated in comparison, 458 differed mostly in details, but those made the car more elegant. Like RC I still can't really get used to the massive Performante wing, but that's the downside of the new ALA... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    nberry:
    vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

Hm, I disagree here. IMO the Huracan has an absolutely terrific design. For me the baby Lambo looks better than its Ferrari counterpart and I also think it will age better. The 488 begins to show its age and looks already a bit bloated in comparison, 458 differed mostly in details, but those made the car more elegant. Like RC I still can't really get used to the massive Performante wing, but that's the downside of the new ALA... Smiley

The nearby Lamborghini dealership often has a 458 for sale, parked near one of the Huracans.  One is amazed at how the Ferrari appears bloated as well as dated compared with the Lamborghini.  It looks 1.5 times larger than the Huracan.

The Huracan looks like a bug. The rear wing don't help.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Nberry, aren't you about to buy a VW .2 bug?

noone1:

Nberry, aren't you about to buy a VW .2 bug?

That bug isn't a beetle.

Rossi:
    nberry:
    vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

Smiley The Huracan is one of the best looking sportscars on the market. Many seem to like the R8 more (basically everyone in my driving "circle") but I own a R8 and I like the Huracan design more. Funny.

Actually, I like even the Huracan with a rear wing but only that OEM rear wing offered by Lamborghini with their bodykit.

Yes, the Performante rear wing is a little bit too much but at least, it serves a purpose.

gallery-1467991245-huracanwing.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Lamborghini is at their worst when they start adding busy diffusers, wings, etc. like in the above picture.  But the base design of the Huracan is just gorgeous.  It is a very compact, relatively clean design that is both modern and retro at the same time.  Minimal overhangs, dramatic wedge shape.  

The main reason to not drive one in LA is unfortunately image related.  I usually see this car with two male passengers, trolling the outside of bars and restaurants at night, engine revving at a stop for no reason other than attention.

vantagesc:

Lamborghini is at their worst when they start adding busy diffusers, wings, etc. like in the above picture.  But the base design of the Huracan is just gorgeous.  It is a very compact, relatively clean design that is both modern and retro at the same time.  Minimal overhangs, dramatic wedge shape.  

Yeah, it looks best without wing (surprisingly, the R8 looks better with the wing in my opinion) but the wing in this photo is definitely better looking than the ALA wing on the Performante. Not a fan of the add-on diffusor, front part, side stuff, indeed.

The main reason to not drive one in LA is unfortunately image related.  I usually see this car with two male passengers, trolling the outside of bars and restaurants at night, engine revving at a stop for no reason other than attention.

Well, you have that issue (two guys, revving, attracting unnecessary attention) very often in Germany as well and mostly with high end sports cars. Had an Aventador in front of me a couple of weeks ago and this guy revved his engine at a red light like crazy and people looked at us as if we both did it. Was pretty embarrassing. There was a car meet in my neighborhood and tons of super sportscars showed up. At first, I wanted to join but when I arrived there, they were accelerating like crazy, doing donuts and similar stuff and I just didn't feel that I "belong". My son was with me, he usually likes this stuff but even for him, it was a bit too much and he suggested to drive away, so we did. Too much show off, not my thing, sorry. 

--

vantagesc:

New video for you RC:

Smiley,,, holy moly. Just listen to her scream Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Well, it seems the first Huracan Performante started to make it their customers... blush

image-2.jpeg
    1498569547310image.jpeg

--

Looks astonishingly good in this two colour scheme. Black and yellow go togehter well, even the massive wing looks alright. kiss

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi:

Looks astonishingly good in this two colour scheme. Black and yellow go togehter well, even the massive wing looks alright. kiss

Yep...I was thinking the same. Definitely a good color for the Performante. Smiley

--

That is the colour I have on my 610-4. It's Giallo Midas which is a 3 layer pearlescent and really does suit the Huracan very well.

ISUK:

That is the colour I have on my 610-4. It's Giallo Midas which is a 3 layer pearlescent and really does suit the Huracan very well.

Thanks. So why does Lamborghini advertise that gold color for the Performante so often? It makes the Performante look  like a wannabe racer. Smiley

--

The launch colour was Arancio Anthaeus which is a matt metallic orange. I don't think I've seen a photo of a gold car. There is a special order gold under the Ad Personam options called Oro Elios. You can find all the colours on the configurator https://configurator.lamborghini.com/?lng=en&c=hp

ISUK:

The launch colour was Arancio Anthaeus which is a matt metallic orange. I don't think I've seen a photo of a gold car. There is a special order gold under the Ad Personam options called Oro Elios. You can find all the colours on the configurator https://configurator.lamborghini.com/?lng=en&c=hp

I call it gold... Smiley Smiley Not a fan. In yellow, the car would have looked much better.

--

ISUK:

the 'new' version is giallo inti

sfo:
    ISUK:

the 'new' version is giallo inti

I stand corrected Smiley I'm betting there is hardly any difference between the two though judging by that photo.

Problem with yellow: the Performante typical golden wheels don't fit. surprise

--

Rossi:

Problem with yellow: the Performante typical golden wheels don't fit. surprise

Those wheels also come in black - they are the best choice IMO but I wish they also came in gunmetal 

W-AGATA2 is the demo car of Lamborghini Wien, no customer car!

Lord_Driftalot:

Oops...someone posted this photo in a forum and claimed this is his new baby. Smiley

--

RC:
    Lord_Driftalot:

Oops...someone posted this photo in a forum and claimed this is his new baby. Smiley

--

Smiley, how pathetic. Definitely no bush there then...Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

@RC

maybe they registered the car on them and it's really his car, but he'll take it over after 3-4 months?!

Wouldn't be something unusualangry

Lord_Driftalot:

@RC

maybe they registered the car on them and it's really his car, but he'll take it over after 3-4 months?!

Wouldn't be something unusualangry

True...very possible. Smiley I love that yellow, the Performante looks perfect.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    766825 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437826 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261579 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258517 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    83073 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5342 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    810536 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM