Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What to do????????

So the TT will be here sometime late December and I am totally loss on what to do about this cab, keep it or trade it in for the 997TT? Cab is paid off. My friend says I wouldnt want to drive the cab if TT is around. Does it make sense to have two 997's sitting in the garage depreciating? Can definitly use the money but love the cab way too much. What would you do?

Re: What to do????????

a very simple solution.

Turbo Cab.

get rid of the merc and keep the cab and tt?

Getting rid of the merc would have been my choice too but its the wife's car and she loves the damn thing. Worse car ever

Sell the Cab. Unless you're going to be driving it regularly, you're wasting money by keeping it. Of course, if you can afford it and would like to have a car for sunny weekends, perhaps you should keep it. I, myself, would sell it to cover my costs for the 997TT.

tricky one. have the same dilemma. cayenne turbo and carrera s cab are sitting outside. turbo is due in 2 months.
    let her go or not ? been occupying me for quite a while now. its basically down to how often you use it as a cab. if you do a lot of top down motoring, then keep the cab. you will not miss the power over the turbo, as open top driving can be enjoyed without the full punch of 480 hp.

if however, you hardly open the top, then the turbo will be sufficient and you can put that money from selling the cab elsewhere.

If you have th money, keep it. You will miss it, at every shiny day.

Quote:
    KF said:

this guy knows what he's on about! keep if poss!!

Sell it....Put your name down on the list for the TT cab and then sell the regular TT. You will then enjoy the TTcab so much

get rid of the cab until turbo cab arrives!!!

Build a bigger garage.

Quote:
    devo said:
    Build a bigger garage.

Wouldn't it be nice if life was just that simple. Good call.

I would sell the cab, and enjoy the TT. And if in doubt, keep the cab, cancel the TT, place order of TT cab (as others have suggested).

Reading all this makes me think our lives have just become one big 'upgrade'!

C2S Cab > TT > TT Cab then maybe TTS Cab and then the 998 cycle begins! Great.

MS launched IE version 7. Great.

I upgraded my phone from a Nokia to a Sony Ericcson. Now I have to learn how to use it all over again. Great.

I think schools/colleges should teach us all how to become used to change as part of a real preparation for later life.

"Prepare to upgrade!"...uggghh!

I agree, especially as more and more technology goes into cars these days.

Technology is advancing at such an exponential rate that soon we'll have 'facelifts' on a yearly basis just to keep pace I reckon.

Back on topic though, one of the principal reasons I don't get a Turbo right now is that I don't think I could bare to trade in my C2S Cab, it's just such a special car. The new Turbo Cab doesn't really appeal to me. One it's a LOT of money and two I'm not overly keen at how it will look:

Here are some more spy pics:

And another:

If I could afford it I would give my Cab to my other half (as the ladies do love convertibles) and buy a Turbo Coupe for myself.

Then I would have the option of either when I felt like it...

Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    Quote:
    KF said:

this guy knows what he's on about! keep if poss!!

Oh,yes There is nothing better than driving with an open 911 cab. I love the sound of this awesome exhaust system called PSE Be careful with a Turbo convertible. If you drive topless you will think that you're standing next to your wife while dressing her hairs

That's a second reason to keep the 997 Cab.

whenever i've sold a car i seriously cared about i always tried to find someone, friend or otherwise who was going to be as passionate about it as i had been... to the point of making the right person a great deal...it's never easy after you have cared for and enjoyed your p-car for awhile....imo it's not the thing to do having it sit un-used in your garage....the right person will be seriously glad he or she was able to aquire your car....best of luck.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Getting rid of the merc would have been my choice too but its the wife's car and she loves the damn thing. Worse car ever

I went thru kinda the same thing not long ago, had a clk500, cls55 and a Landrover LR3 with a turbo coming. LR3 is scheduled to be replaced by a ML63, I loved the cls55 to death and the clk is wife's car. She would agree to letting go of the clk if I get a tip turbo and that's how it ended up. I was kinda disappointed not able to gett a 6-speed but after living with the turbo for a month now I cannot be happier with my choice, the new tip is amazing plus soon I can have a almost 1500hp 3 car garage

I would keep the cab and wait for the 997TT Cab to come out. Like you I love driving a Cab.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Sell the Cab. Unless you're going to be driving it regularly, you're wasting money by keeping it. Of course, if you can afford it and would like to have a car for sunny weekends, perhaps you should keep it. I, myself, would sell it to cover my costs for the 997TT.

You're right Crash. I am just so attached to this car but does not make sense to have two of these things. It will be difficult to let go and will miss the PSE and the awesoem sound with the top down. DAMN, this is not easy

Quote:
    KF said:

Lot's of sunny days in CA. I know for sure I will miss the cab if i let go. The wife is constantly making me feel bad and thinks I am wasting OUR money

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Sell it....Put your name down on the list for the TT cab and then sell the regular TT. You will then enjoy the TTcab so much

Man, this would be sweet but gonna loose MUCHO $$$. I probably will be forced to move out after the TT cab comes in.

Quote:
    devo said:
    Build a bigger garage.

Actually just worked on that today with a arctitect. 4 car garage with lift for every single space makes room for 8 cars. Can you beleiev it only cost $2500 for each lift in USA? The 8 car space will be useful if the wife lets me live.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Reading all this makes me think our lives have just become one big 'upgrade'!

C2S Cab > TT > TT Cab then maybe TTS Cab and then the 998 cycle begins! Great.

MS launched IE version 7. Great.

I upgraded my phone from a Nokia to a Sony Ericcson. Now I have to learn how to use it all over again. Great.

I think schools/colleges should teach us all how to become used to change as part of a real preparation for later life.

"Prepare to upgrade!"...uggghh!

Yep. We are all too spoiled and all these gadgets are makeing our life more FUN

Quote:
    roadtrip said:
    whenever i've sold a car i seriously cared about i always tried to find someone, friend or otherwise who was going to be as passionate about it as i had been... to the point of making the right person a great deal...it's never easy after you have cared for and enjoyed your p-car for awhile....imo it's not the thing to do having it sit un-used in your garage....the right person will be seriously glad he or she was able to aquire your car....best of luck.

You are right on Roadtrip. These cars are not just your ordinary cars. They are VERY SPECIAL!!

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    tricky one. have the same dilemma. cayenne turbo and carrera s cab are sitting outside. turbo is due in 2 months.
    let her go or not ? been occupying me for quite a while now. its basically down to how often you use it as a cab. if you do a lot of top down motoring, then keep the cab. you will not miss the power over the turbo, as open top driving can be enjoyed without the full punch of 480 hp.

if however, you hardly open the top, then the turbo will be sufficient and you can put that money from selling the cab elsewhere.

See, I am not the only one here with this problem. I put down the top every chance I get to enjoy the symphony of PSE.

My Turbo is coming in around Dec 25th and decided to let the cab go. Just got a offer on trade in on my 2005 997S cab for $72,250. Is this offer OK? I have the car since March 2005 with 9500 miles on it and Sticker was $103.
    Full leather, hard top, PSE, SPRT chrono, adaptive seats, bose.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780482 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442471 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263272 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261584 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85737 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5889 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881317 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818531 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM