Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: High-Speed acceleration data of Z06

Quote:
    Rami said:
    I'll do the test when my 997TT is delivered. Of course you still need to take into consideration that my Gallardo is a Spyder, it does have the 520HP but it's weight is higher than that of the coupé.

@Congaman: What kind of reward do I get if my above conclusions are confirmed by your test

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    I'll do the test when my 997TT is delivered. Of course you still need to take into consideration that my Gallardo is a Spyder, it does have the 520HP but it's weight is higher than that of the coupé.

@Congaman: What kind of reward do I get if my above conclusions are confirmed by your test

Well, if you are proven right the satisfaction should be rewarding enough.....if not I have to think about something....would a christmas card with the Corvette be of any interest?

Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Well, if you are proven right the satisfaction should be rewarding enough.....if not I have to think about something....would a christmas card with the Corvette be of any interest?

Good proposal

Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    rami , you should finish the brake in period before you drag race

During my lunch brake I was thinking the same thing. At least to avoid discussion you should have the 997TT broken in properly. I read somewhere that it would need about 10.000 km before it "wakes up". Could this be true and if so when will it be broken in?

You probably heard the 10.000 km figure from me. I, on the other hand, heard it from RC. The most fair comparison would be between a Z06 and a 997TT, both with at least 10.000 km. I wonder how much the G Spider is hampered by the extra weight.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

During my lunch brake I was thinking the same thing. At least to avoid discussion you should have the 997TT broken in properly. I read somewhere that it would need about 10.000 km before it "wakes up". Could this be true and if so when will it be broken in?

You probably heard the 10.000 km figure from me. I, on the other hand, heard it from RC. The most fair comparison would be between a Z06 and a 997TT, both with at least 10.000 km. I wonder how much the G Spider is hampered by the extra weight.

You are probably right that I could have heard about the 10.000 km:s from you.

Your question about the Gallardo and it's weight tells me I should race only against the 997tt. I can already hear the discussion if the Z06 - God forbid - should beat the Gallardo spider....."ohh, it's still only a Corvette and if the Gallardo wasn't a heavy spider....". Well, I'm sure you know the routine by now.

Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Your question about the Gallardo and it's weight tells me I should race only against the 997tt. I can already hear the discussion if the Z06 - God forbid - should beat the Gallardo spider....."ohh, it's still only a Corvette and if the Gallardo wasn't a heavy spider....". Well, I'm sure you know the routine by now.

Not really. The Spider is bound to lose, IMO, by virtue of its weight. Coupe vs. coupe is the most logical rcomparison.

Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

The Gallardo's real problem isn't it's wieght. It's getting power to the ground. It really doesn't matter how many ponies your engine puts out. What matters is how many of them get to the ground. And the Gallardos all wheel drive system robs about 22-25% of that power before it hits the ground. Porche's system is that much better than the Gallardos. My guess is that the Gallardo is really putting about 400hp to the ground if it's making 520hp at the motor. The Murcielagos put about 430hp to the ground even though they make 580hp at the motor.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    The Gallardo's real problem isn't it's wieght. It's getting power to the ground. It really doesn't matter how many ponies your engine puts out. What matters is how many of them get to the ground. And the Gallardos all wheel drive system robs about 22-25% of that power before it hits the ground. Porche's system is that much better than the Gallardos. My guess is that the Gallardo is really putting about 400hp to the ground if it's making 520hp at the motor. The Murcielagos put about 430hp to the ground even though they make 580hp at the motor.

You seem to be right. I did a google and this is what came up.

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo (415 rwhp = 20% powertrain loss)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Timeslip-8854.html

2005 Lamborghini Murcielago ( 433 rwhp = 25% powertrain loss)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Lamborghini-Murcielago-Timeslip-9240.html

2006 Corvette C6 Z06 (442 rwhp = 12% powertrainloss)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-8827.html

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

You mean awhp or rwhp?

You are right but with some easy mods like exhaust or intake, ;Gallardo gains about 30 hp on wheels(i mean for rwhp).

Quote:
    VGA18 said:

You mean awhp or rwhp?

You are right but with some easy mods like exhaust or intake, ;Gallardo gains about 30 hp on wheels(i mean for rwhp).

Well, should be awhp, sorry about that.

So you can tune a Gallardo ....well....that goes for most cars doesn't it?

and unfortunatly the gallardo doesnt come with the flying roof option..

No.
    I just wanted to mention most of Gallardo's have an exhaust system

BTW i couldnt find it but i ve seen a G 06 got 437rwhp. But cant remember if it is stock or not. If i find i ll post.

As i said Z06 is unbeatable for Gallardo till 250km/h after that dunno.

A honest question to you Congaman.

Are u pleased your car's performance above 250kmh. i mean if you compare the acceleration rate before 250kmh to after 250kmh

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Dmitri

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    I just wanted to mention most of Gallardo's have an exhaust system

I i guarantee you that more owners of a Z06's have exhausts & intakes on their cars than owners of G's do

Yeah i know it. I didnt say negative of this. Also they beat Ford GT's with these mod i know this also

For roughly $2500-$3000 (probably the cost of an intake/exhaust on a ferrari), I can put a new cam in the Z06, and EASILY get 550rwhp.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Yeah i know it. I didnt say negative of this.

oh i know, i was simply saying.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Congaman said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

You mean awhp or rwhp?

Yeah that's what I meant. It's hard to break the habit of saying rwhp. I know the Murcis respond to exhaust mods pretty well but I have no experience with the Gallardos.

Quote:
    dhayek said:

But they do come with the burn to the ground option.

and what do you think? there is more G burning or roofs flying?
    can you find more than one G burning?good luck... and oh! its was modded!!

@335spider:

For example Murie with only MS stage 2 exhaust put nearly 470AWHP on the dyno. However its stock is about 430-435 awhp

Gallardo not like Murcie maybe but they can put good gains from easy tunes.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    and what do you think? there is more G burning or roofs flying?
    can you find more than one G burning?good luck... and oh! its was modded!!

Actually there have been about 4 or 5 Lambo fires in the last couple months. I'm pretty regular on Ferrarichats lambo section. Percentage wise compared to how many Z06s are out there that's too much. I was in Lamborghini Dallas the other day talking to the buddy who sold me my Ferrari and they are getting worried as well. There have also been a couple 430s burn to the ground though.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Like this burning option??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQ9ygC2zpY

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    @335spider:

For example Murie with only MS stage 2 exhaust put nearly 470AWHP on the dyno. However its stock is about 430-435 awhp

Gallardo not like Murcie maybe but they can put good gains from easy tunes.

Yeah that's about what Z06s see when doing exhaust and headers as well. Big cube motors like those tend to respond pretty well to mods. Ferraris on the other hand barely produce any gains at all. They're maxed out from the factory.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

That is so wicked. I love the flames out the exhaust. I saw a Stradale doing that once at the track near dusk and it was way cool.

Yeah Z06 does 500hp+. That is pretty much gain

But on the other hand the question is this

Is it stable when it gets these mods? I dont know maybe it is...

I prefer being in a awd Lambo at speds above 270-280kmh

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Yeah Z06 does 500hp+. That is pretty much gain

But on the other hand the question is this

Is it stable when it gets these mods? I dont know maybe it is...

I prefer being in a awd Lambo at speds above 270-280kmh

You mean is the engine stable as far as breaking down or is it stable at high speeds? Mine is rock solid at 185mph. Haven't gone any faster but it felt really good at that speed.

Not the engine of course. I mean the car's stability.

As i asked to Congaman something above but he wasnt online i guess. I ask you then if you answer maybe.

Are u pleased your cars performance above 250km? I mean it is really beast to 250kmh but if you make a comparison about the rate of acc before/after 250 kmh.

As i posted a video(in this topic 1 or 2 pages ago) z06 doing 0-190mph it was a beast till 155-160 mph but after this i saw nothing special about accelareation rate than G or TT.

So asking to a owner is the most important issue

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Not the engine of course. I mean the car's stability.

As i asked to Congaman something above but he wasnt online i guess. I ask you then if you answer maybe.

Are u pleased your cars performance above 250km? I mean it is really beast to 250kmh but if you make a comparison about the rate of acc before/after 250 kmh.

As i posted a video(in this topic 1 or 2 pages ago) z06 doing 0-190mph it was a beast till 155-160 mph but after this i saw nothing special about accelareation rate than G or TT.

So asking to a owner is the most important issue

I have driven my Z06 in speeds over 320 km/h on the Autobahn. No drama at all, except it feels a little lighter in the front.

As for the performance after 250 km/h this has been discussed before. During the same high speed driving as mentioned above we were a group of two Ferrari 430's, one Porsche GT3RS and me racing on the Autobahn. The Ferrari's and the Porsche could almost follow the Corvette up to 250 km....after that I walked away....so I'd say that the performance is Ok compared to Ferrari 430 and Porsche GT3RS.

How it will keep up with 997 tt and the new Gallardo is still written in the stars to me...but as you know I have been challanged to do a test.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689549 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409227 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857969 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774025 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM