Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

POLL

Poll concerning Audi R8 look.

Users may chose one option and need to vote in order to view the results.

Re: POLL

I go first I chose vulgar
    Here my explanation:

- First it does not have the history to back it up.

- Second it really lacks of class compared to the 911.

- Third, there is no back seats.

- Fourth, it is not stealth enough.

- Fifth, performance mentioned by audi seems weak for a V8.

- Sitxth, right now the R8 has wow factor from a new car let see what happen three year from now...

Side panel look tacky IMO.

You voted for Vulgar, didn't you?
    You do not like R8 at all so, why are you pulling this poll?
    I will get 997 Turbo in November and I like R8 more then Turbo but, I will not spit in Porsche fans because some of them are "DIE HARD" fans...
    I simply do not understand your reasons?

I voted it looks phenomenal... Though I'm not sure if I'll get one.
    It looks like nothing else on the road right now.
    To mee its the most striking car available. I'm loving the design.

I put this poll on to see if users did like the R8.

It is not because I found it vulgar that I can't be curious on how people react to this car.

It's not ugly but I can't see this car aged well that is my opinion. Partly because I find it vulgar.

I went for nice.
    Will see it in detail tonight in person, but from the pics so far, it looks like a TT on steroids with the underpinnings of the Gallardo.
    A lot will depend on the its final price.
    100k euros seems fair and that's a lot for an Audi.

Your poll does not work with dynamic IP addresses. And most of us have such.

Back to the R8 : just another audi.

There are two aspects:

1) Looks: it's nice apart from the side panels (those are vulgar). Credit must be given to Audi for being bold and daring. I doubt that the design will hold for long (it's no classic).

2) performance: engine might embarress Porsche. Transmission seems ok. Ride, suspension and handling is what will tip the scales.

Porsche should have waken up by now.

KresoF1, I am so glad you post photos and info on rennteam! Honestly, we all owe a great debt to KresoF1, temm and Ron (Houston) for all the effort they have made to post photos, pdfs, info on specs etc. Thanks guys!

I think the R8 is gorgeous but this is based on seeing the photos only so far. I can confirm this view only after I have seen the car for real 'in the flesh'.

My only worry is that this car is so contemporary and modern in its style that it will eventually date quite noticeably after we have all become a bit used to it (maybe in 3-5 years time).

As for polo's comments, Sir, with all due respect - I simply cannot understand 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.

1) History? Audi has been making cars for decades. Yes, the R8 is a completely new car not an evolutionary development like a 911. But the Boxster and the Cayman are recent models too! Many, many new cars are completely new rather than being new versions of an existing model. Anyway, Audi has a lot of respect in my eyes - they won Le Mans 6 years in a row!

2) Class? This is subjective. If you ask a guy who can only afford a Citroen what he thinks of Porsche, he will say "Wow!". But if you ask a guy with a Bentley, a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, they will consider Porsche to be less classy. There is no 'objective' definition of what is classy. It's all relative. Maybe for you, 'class' means snob factor. If so, Aston Martin is much more classy than Porsche. I think 'capability' and 'performance' show real class.

3) Back seats - I completely agree with you. I need back seats. That is the main reason why I would never consider buying a R8 even though I think it is gorgeous.

4) Stealth? This depends on the colour you choose. A Gallardo (which has a naturally flashy design) in dark grey is more stealth than a 911 (which is more conservative) in bright orange. Having LED lights, some black slats on the front and rear and also a sideblade in silver or carbon fibre doesn't make the R8 irredeemably flash. The colour you choose will have the main effect.

5) Performance - it's a 4.2 V8. Have you compared it to the performance of a Jaguar XK8 with a 4.2L V8 or a Aston Martin V8 Vantage which has a 4.3L V8 or a Mercedes SL500 which has a 5L V8?? The Audi is quicker than those cars.

6) The wow factor exists for a good reason. It is a stunning car with excellent specs. The wow factor is not there purely because it is new. Otherwise we would all be saying "wow!" every time Kia, Sangyong or Daewoo launches a new car!

7) Tacky side panel - I think you should see it for real. You might change your mind. But it's your taste. No right or wrong answer. Maybe you are young or maybe you are old. The taste of a 22 year old man is different from that of a 62 year old man!

Quote:
    Bending said:

I do not have the choice with dynamic IP. I'm using the poll on this site and it is not an option sorry but it is not my fault...

i voted love it, considering it. i think its a great car,unconventional and great design, and i am sure that live ,it will have a lot of street presence.
    kreso, ron, thanks again for all the info and data!

easy_rider911 said:

Quote:
    1) History? Audi has been making cars for decades. Yes, the R8 is a completely new car not an evolutionary development like a 911. But the Boxster and the Cayman are recent models too! Many, many new cars are completely new rather than being new versions of an existing model. Anyway, Audi has a lot of respect in my eyes - they won Le Mans 6 years in a row!

I agree... Audi has a good history IMO... Plus, why not give them a chance??? What jistory does Pagani have, for example, yet their cars are some of the most coveted today.

Quote:
    4) Stealth? This depends on the colour you choose. A Gallardo (which has a naturally flashy design) in dark grey is more stealth than a 911 (which is more conservative) in bright orange. Having LED lights, some black slats on the front and rear and also a sideblade in silver or carbon fibre doesn't make the R8 irredeemably flash. The colour you choose will have the main effect.

Quote:
    ) Performance - it's a 4.2 V8. Have you compared it to the performance of a Jaguar XK8 with a 4.2L V8 or a Aston Martin V8 Vantage which has a 4.3L V8 or a Mercedes SL500 which has a 5L V8?? The Audi is quicker than those cars.

Once again
    I'm thinking this car performance will be around 996 GT3, which is excellent for the price, etc

I just voted for love it we will considered it in the future, will see how prices end up, and of course will wait to see one in real...

I was going to vote for phenomenal, but who knows may be we dont change the 4S for an r8 v8 at last minute....

But it looks phenomenal and i love it !!!!
    It reminds me to the audi car of me, robot from will smith !!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    KresoF1, I am so glad you post photos and info on rennteam! Honestly, we all owe a great debt to KresoF1, temm and Ron (Houston) for all the effort they have made to post photos, pdfs, info on specs etc. Thanks guys!

I also have to second what easyrider said, thanks again kreso, temm and ron houston...We have all this info because of you, and we are very thankful !!!

Love it, would consider buying it. If it comes out with a V10 biturbo then the 997TT is going, no doubt!

Quote:
    polo said:
    Quote:
    Bending said:

I do not have the choice with dynamic IP. I'm using the poll on this site and it is not an option sorry but it is not my fault...

Take it easy ! Was just a hint

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    You voted for Vulgar, didn't you?
    You do not like R8 at all so, why are you pulling this poll?
    I will get 997 Turbo in November and I like R8 more then Turbo but, I will not spit in Porsche fans because some of them are "DIE HARD" fans...
    I simply do not understand your reasons?

Kreso, 2 R8 for you and your wife?
    When you will have the turbo will you keep also f430 and gallardo?

Andrea,
    Long term plan is R8, Gallardo and ...???
    997 Turbo? I will drive it few months and make my decision.
    F430F1 excellent car I must say!
    Current TOP LIST:
    1. F430F1/Gallardo e.gear
    2. R8 R-Tronic
    3. 997 Turbo manual/ Cayman S manual

Do not be suprised with Cayman S! It is best driver Porsche IMHO. Much more precise and dynamic to drive then even 997
    Turbo. Only problem too expensive for hp...

997 Turbo TIP? THE BEST AUTO TRANNY sportscar in the world but, simply said not for me. And after driving it two times I must say that I completely agree with Christian(RC) verdict about it.

I must agree with you on that Kreso. When I test drove the Cayman S it really felt like a Porsche. The steering feed back, agility, and go cart like feel.

I really like the Cayman S but spending close to 76k or 78k with some options didn't make any sense.

I love the design! but since I am a cab guy I will have to wait to see the roofless version AND reviews on how the car drives before making my final decision to get one.

Off topic, did anyone notice that the max speed of the car is 301Km NOT 250Km!

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    I must agree with you on that Kreso. When I test drove the Cayman S it really felt like a Porsche. The steering feed back, agility, and go cart like feel.

I really like the Cayman S but spending close to 76k or 78k with some options didn't make any sense.

I also share the same opinion here, the cayman S is remarkable good for what it is, and i think its a much more fun car than a 997 or even a carrera S, I test-droved that thing for 5 days some months ago and I just falled in loce with her...

But now I would go for the boxster S 2007 instead of the cayman S, more cheap , same horsepower, also 2 seater and roadster at the same time.....

We are probably buying one in the next months, it is better than a basic 997carrera and more cheaper, the only problem is the 2 seaters, but well.....we cant have everything right?

Very nice car. I would definately take it over a 911 anyday, maybe not GT3RS, but like most euro cars, just doesn't have the bang for the buck.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760068 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434039 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259851 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256992 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80645 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5309 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870922 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806032 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM