Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Tracking ship bringing car to San Diego?

Does anyone know the name of the shipping company that Porsche uses to ship their cars from Bremerhaven to the US? I have a list of ship names and I thought it was Wallenius Wilhelmsen but I haven't been able to find any of these ships on their tracking site.

Re: Tracking ship bringing car to San Diego?

My car came to San Diego on a ship called "Fontana", my dealer gave me the info and the tracking website of the San Diego port. www.sdmis.org
    Hope that helps.

I think the W&W is right as i attempted to track delivery of my car and got as far as porsche using this shipping co, which appears to be a class act. The ship i think ( no way to confirm ) mine was on was " elektra " - have fun, i know i did.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Does anyone know the name of the shipping company that Porsche uses to ship their cars from Bremerhaven to the US? I have a list of ship names and I thought it was Wallenius Wilhelmsen but I haven't been able to find any of these ships on their tracking site.

What is the ONVESL date you have? There are a few different ships it could be.

From what I understand, my car was loaded onto the ship on 9/26.

I'll try looking at the W&W site again but I couldn't find any of the ship names that Porsche typically uses which are:

SEIJIN
    Melbourne Hwy
    Sea Venus
    Sirius Leader
    Pegasus Leader
    Brauschweig
    Polaris Ace

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

I'll try looking at the W&W site again but I couldn't find any of the ship names that Porsche typically uses which are:

SEIJIN
    Melbourne Hwy
    Sea Venus
    Sirius Leader
    Pegasus Leader
    Brauschweig
    Polaris Ace

Man you are a dedicated porschefile..you even know the names of the ships

Of course! Isn't that part of the fun!

I got these names from my salesman.

I'm also not sure if W&W is the carrier because when I did a search on all the ports that they deliver to on the West coast, I only came up with Long Beach, Port Hueneme, Richmond in CA and Tacoma in WA. Porsches get offloaded in San Diego so that leads me to believe that they might be using a different carrier.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

SEIJIN
    Melbourne Hwy
    Sea Venus
    Sirius Leader
    Pegasus Leader
    Brauschweig
    Polaris Ace

Seijen, Sirius and Pegasus are going to SD, but the latest ONVESL info is as of 9/20 (Pegasus is 9/18 and estimated to arrive 10/10).

BSL, how did you know that? I knew about the ship leaving port on 9/18 for San Diego. My car missed that ship but I'm guessing that means my car will be on either the Sirius or Seijen.

Thanks for the updates!

Jason, you are going to drive yourself nuts over the next few weeks following your car.

Jason, have you found a site to track those two ships? I unsuccessful in doing searches for those ships and they don't show up yet on the San Diego Port Authority site.

Tony, I've got news for you..I'm already "nuts." Just kidding...I'm having fun tracking the progress of my car!

Randy, no luck finding these ships yet. I'm guessing that once my salesperson finds out exactly what ship my car is on then I'll be able to track it. I think it's W&W now because I managed to find a few ships in their system.

Mine sailed on the Virgo Leader. Left Bremerhaven on 31 August and docked at San Diego on 19 September (do the math).

Ask your saleman for the name of the vessel,--they KNOW!

Then, track it through the Panama Canal, and then on San Diego's shipping log.

Good luck. You are no more obsessed than any of the other sick people on this forum! :-)

Dan

Dan,

That's reassuring to know that I'm not "crazied" compared to some of you folks (if not all). I found out from my salesperson that my car is on the Equuleus Leader and left Bremerhaven on Sept 26th and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego sometime during the 3rd week of October (20th). Figure 2 weeks for PDI/transport to my dealership.

You said..."track it through the Panama canal, etc.." How do I track it? That's where I'm stumped.

The last status my dealer has on my turbo is that it was completed on 9/18 and is apparently still at port, waiting on a ship.

Is it unusual that its taking so long for the ship to get loaded? Supposedly the ship will come to Brunswick, Georgia (near Savannah) ... maybe a smaller ship to service the Southeastern USA (not incl south Fla)??

I think if I knew the ship my car was on and I had tracking info., I would go more bonkers by the day. I would follow the Weather Channel and fret over every storm forecast....

Mine boarded the boat on 10/3 and is headed to Georgia

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Dan,

That's reassuring to know that I'm not "crazied" compared to some of you folks (if not all). I found out from my salesperson that my car is on the Equuleus Leader and left Bremerhaven on Sept 26th and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego sometime during the 3rd week of October (20th). Figure 2 weeks for PDI/transport to my dealership.

You said..."track it through the Panama canal, etc.." How do I track it? That's where I'm stumped.

I warned you!

There are a variety of tools online for tracking vessels. Assuming an interest in west coast traffic, you can start with the bookings for the Panama Canal,--

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

Also, you can check daily for updates to the San Diego harbor website,--

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Finally, you can track vessels at sea if they are providing position reports that wind up online,--

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml

dan

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I found out from my salesperson that my car is on the Equuleus Leader and left Bremerhaven on Sept 26th and is scheduled to arrive in San Diego sometime during the 3rd week of October (20th).

I warned you!

There are a variety of tools online for tracking vessels. Assuming an interest in west coast traffic, you can start with the bookings for the Panama Canal,--

atomic80, why not call the captain of the E. Leader on his cell phone every few hours asking, "Are you there yet?"

Out of exasperation, he may force your TT to drive the plank. Arrrrr!

Nice idea, Mav...but I don't think I want to take chances. I'd sooner live vicariously by tracking the ship from afar. I've asked a friend in San Diego to go check out the port if he can. I doubt that he'd do it though.

Thanks for the great resource, Dan. I was able to find my ship at the Panama Canal (Oct 6th) and San Diego site (Oct 13th) but not the Sailwx site.

Jason, You are going to need some serious therapy. I just hope your insane anxiety doesn't rub off on me. I've got to wait another nine months, and I'd end up in the loony bin.

You can also check out the Pasha handling facilities with Google Earth! (They're the stevedores who handle the West coast Porsches).

Dan

Larry, I've got news for you...you're already feeling the effects.

Dan, so I do a search for "Pasha handling facilities" and that'll pop up? You obviously have a lot of experience here! You must have been just as anxious as I am when awaiting delivery of yours! Thanks again!

Pasha Freight Services, actually, or Pasha Group.

National City, CA

Lat/Long:

N32-39 W117-07

...but who's counting?

Mine is due into Brunswick in 2 days on the Coral Highway!

Good luck guys. You will love your 997TT.

Mike

Your dealer can specifically tell you what ship your car is on - no guesswork.

There is a Vehicle Shipping Schedule that he can look-up on his eDCS system that can tell you the ship name and ETA according to your orders ONVESL date.

Takes less than a minute!!

Yep...my salesperson already told me that my car is on the Equuleus Leader and is due to arrive approximately the 3rd week of this month but however thanks to Dan I was able to find out it's arriving on the 14th!

atomic80,

Congrats, I know you have been counting the days, hours, minutes etc....
    You may have to add a day or so for the dealer to prep your car. Just thought I would through this in for your mental status.

Good news Jason, you are getting close now. Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. I'm counting down the hours.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM