Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari availability

Is it as difficult to get a new Fcar in Europe as it is in the U.S.? Over in the U.S. you cannot get an Fcar without paying a premium unless you have bought a previous Fcar from the dealer and have established a good relationship.

Re: Ferrari availability

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Is it as difficult to get a new Fcar in Europe as it is in the U.S.? Over in the U.S. you cannot get an Fcar without paying a premium unless you have bought a previous Fcar from the dealer and have established a good relationship.

Depends on the country. If you ask Patriek, who lives in Belgium, you have to wait, while here you can walk into the dealership, order a brand new car to spec and have it in 5 months.

Quote:
    rhino said:

Depends on the model. The 599, for example, is available in Q1-2008. (at MSRP). The 430 could be delivered within 6-12 months (also at MSRP).

Should you need a contact at a dealer just PN me.

Quote:
    Crash said:...while here you can walk into the dealership, order a brand new car to spec and have it in 5 months...

Where is 'here'?

Southeast EU...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:

Depends on the model. The 599, for example, is available in Q1-2008. (at MSRP). The 430 could be delivered within 6-12 months (also at MSRP).

And depends on the dealer. I know of at least 2 german dealers who don't accept F430 orders any more.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Southeast EU...

Central is more like it. It's not like we're talking about Romania or Bulgaria .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Southeast EU...

Central is more like it. It's not like we're talking about Romania or Bulgaria .

... but close.

Romania and Bulgaria are STILL NOT in EU!
    How about not very far from Maranello?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

With me driving, about three hours .

Rossi, you'd be surprised how far those two are - and how little we have in common with them (nothing basically). We're a lot closer with Austrians (historical commonalities) than any other country, save for Croatia, which was also part of Austria-Hungary.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Rossi, you'd be surprised how far those two are - and how little we have in common with them (nothing basically). We're a lot closer with Austrians (historical commonalities) than any other country, save for Croatia, which was also part of Austria-Hungary.

Meant to be joke.

I fully agree with your statement!

there is in the ferrari dealership in beirut a brand new f430 spyder available for immediate delivery at msrp..

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Meant to be joke.

I fully agree with your statement!

I know Rossi, I know . I just explained the difference for those who aren't from around here. After all, I learned so much about cars and world affairs here, that a short geography lesson was the least I could give in return .

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:

Thanks MKSGR. Do you think I could ship one to the U.S. and what is the price for the 599 over in your neck of the woods?

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:

Thanks MKSGR. Do you think I could ship one to the U.S. and what is the price for the 599 over in your neck of the woods?

You can get one for around $250-260.000, then factor in the shipping and your taxes and subtract the Mwst (16%, soon to be 19%).

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:

Current German list prices (incl. 16% VAT) are:

599GTB: Euro 206,700
    599GTB F1: Euro 213,500

If you might be interested I could ask my dealer whether he could/would accept an export order from the US.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

If you might be interested I could ask my dealer whether he could/would accept an export order from the US.

I would think twice about importing an euro-spec car into the US. I witnessed this with a Murcielago Roadster. Technical changes to match US regulations are very complex, then the car was lost in customs and then failed the US authorities' exhaust examination three times.

Overall:
    nearly 2 years and more than 100,000 EUR.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I would think twice about importing an euro-spec car into the US. I witnessed this with a Murcielago Roadster. Technical changes to match US regulations was very complex, then the car was lost in customs and then failed the US authorities' exhaust examination three times.

Overall:

Ouch! Not something you'd want in a quarter-of-a-million-Euro car.

P.S: Nice avatar .

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I would think twice about importing an euro-spec car into the US. I witnessed this with a Murcielago Roadster. Technical changes to match US regulations are very complex, then the car was lost in customs and then failed the US authorities' exhaust examination three times.

Overall:

Who is the nice girl in your new avatar

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Overall:

It's his new Ferrari satanic mechanic.

In Here you need to wait for the quota for a new F when you go to official delaer. But you can buy anytime for their used ones.

But if you goto grey market no need to wait so much they can import from germany or italy or wherever they find a new one

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Actually it's a Photoshop-enhanced picture of my girlfriend, taken at the Ferrari Days!

A beauty, isn't she?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Actually it's a Photoshop-enhanced picture of my girlfriend, taken at the Ferrari Days!

A beauty, isn't she?

I love her!

She likes Marlboro, Davidoff, Dunhill or something else?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753121 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430727 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258599 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255462 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79510 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868322 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801880 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM