Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: my trip to sant'agata bolognese....

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    my favorite color..

I agree with the colour, just the rims have to be black... and then it looks like a jet fighter....

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Awesome pics Dimitri!!!
    How did the privilegio (or Nera?) look in real life? The mat finish looks weird on pics but you never know how it looks for real.

rami , it looks nice, very wild and kinda weird. sure it has presence , but i'll take an SE over it any time. the matt finish looks good and give the car a "steath" look.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    my favorite color..

I agree with the colour, just the rims have to be black... and then it looks like a jet fighter....

agree! on my order they will be black

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    The Murci is the most amazing car of the moment!!

It is so mean , intimating looking, no other cars come near the presence that this car has!

A mix of jet fighter, Italian elegance, technique and extravagance!!!
    It is my dream car!!!

exactly my thoughts!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    this one is for mike, i didnt take that pic though, but great pic..

Thanks Dimitri! small difference is that mine has Hermera wheels and not the current roadster wheels

They let you take pics in the production$ area! No fair, they never allowed me to let us in on your secret, how much did you bribe the guide

Glad you enjoyed the trip!

sending you a pm mike..

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    my favorite color..

Ah Dimitri, thanks so much for your feature! I LOVE THE GREY MURCIELAGO! I WANT ONE!

Charitable donations to the "LP640 for zzboba" campaign, anyone?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    my favorite color..

Ah Dimitri, thanks so much for your feature! I LOVE THE GREY MURCIELAGO! I WANT ONE!

Could we extend that to the "LP640 for zzboba and rossi" campaign?

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    The Murci is the most amazing car of the moment!!

It is so mean , intimating looking, no other cars come near the presence that this car has!

A mix of jet fighter, Italian elegance, technique and extravagance!!!
    It is my dream car!!!

It's a monster!

The only real dinosaur left in the car market.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    one of the best time ever.... let me start with saying : the murcielago lp 640 is the best car i have ever driven,been into,and looked at... i am so crazy about it.
    the first test drive ,i was a passenger with one of the company's pilots..wow wow wow...i have never been so scared in my life..i remember on a small road seeing a 40kph sign ,looked at the speedo,it was reading 285kph...that is one hell of a car, and my next car for sure. the best color for me is the new military grey, looks like a fighter jet.
    another story, we were behind 3 trucks,on a two way ,two lane road, he moved a little on the left lane to see if we could pass them, we saw a truck coming towards us, he told me :"what do you think we have time to pass?" i said no way! the truck is too close! he said "thats why you sometime need 640 hp!" he shifted to 2nd and floored it! that was the longest 4 seconds of my life ! i thought i was a dead man, and it passed...easily. that thing is so quick! here are some pics before the 599 test drive story in marranello..

Honestly, this Lambo employee is a crazy [censored] and should be fired immediately. He is a criminal. Sorry - no other words for that.

Otherwise, nice pictures

i dont agree, the man was doing what i asked him to do: unleash the full power of the car , if i told him to drive slowly, he would have done so

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    my favorite color..

Could we extend that to the "LP640 for zzboba and rossi" campaign?

guys ,stay in line ,my campaign started a month ago!

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    one of the best time ever.... let me start with saying : the murcielago lp 640 is the best car i have ever driven,been into,and looked at... i am so crazy about it.
    the first test drive ,i was a passenger with one of the company's pilots..wow wow wow...i have never been so scared in my life..i remember on a small road seeing a 40kph sign ,looked at the speedo,it was reading 285kph...that is one hell of a car, and my next car for sure. the best color for me is the new military grey, looks like a fighter jet.
    another story, we were behind 3 trucks,on a two way ,two lane road, he moved a little on the left lane to see if we could pass them, we saw a truck coming towards us, he told me :"what do you think we have time to pass?" i said no way! the truck is too close! he said "thats why you sometime need 640 hp!" he shifted to 2nd and floored it! that was the longest 4 seconds of my life ! i thought i was a dead man, and it passed...easily. that thing is so quick! here are some pics before the 599 test drive story in marranello..

Honestly, this Lambo employee is a crazy [censored] and should be fired immediately. He is a criminal. Sorry - no other words for that.

Otherwise, nice pictures

i dont agree, the man was doing what i asked him to do: unleash the full power of the car , if i told him to drive slowly, he would have done so

The fun ends (and crime starts) when other people are endangered. This lorry driver might have panicked - what then? Somebody might have crossed the street or rode by bike or whatever in the speed limited zone; suddenly a car passes at a speed of 280kph - what then?

No, no. This is simply criminal behavior. Public streets are no race track

Welcome to italy! so what do you say when in germany there is no speed limits????

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Welcome to italy! so what do you say when in germany there is no speed limits????

We do have speed limits on country roads like those you described

Only on the Autobahn there is no speed limit - however, these roads cannot be compared to narrow country roads. The Autobahn has a pretty high safety standard - and no oncoming traffic which could be endangered by driving fast

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

The fun ends (and crime starts) when other people are endangered. This lorry driver might have panicked - what then? Somebody might have crossed the street or rode by bike or whatever in the speed limited zone; suddenly a car passes at a speed of 280kph - what then?

No, no. This is simply criminal behavior. Public streets are no race track

From my experience, most lorry drivers usually do not panic when a significantly lower, lighter vehicle plays a game of chicken during a joyride.

If the factory driver and dhayek had died in an accident due to the factory driver's misjudgement, most of us would be partially blaming the factory driver for endangering dhayek's life much like some of us partially blame Ben for endangering Corey's life or much like we partially blame ourselves for endangering our passengers and the public every time we deliver a risky joyride or simply drive too fast/too slow for the conditions resulting sometimes with or without consequences.

We do not know if Corey asked Ben to drive in a manner that would convince him to get rid of his overheating Murcielago and buy a CGT but we do know Dimitri requested the factory driver to do what was necessary to convince him an LP640's extra power was worth the asking price.

In Dimitri's and the factory driver's case, no harm equals no foul. If endangering others or ourselves was a crime, all of us starting with our ancestors would be behind bars from a young age.

For those interested in prosecuting risky behavior as criminal, please note the following story is fictional:

As a result of Ben's accident, I am constantly trying to brainwash myself into driving slower and not taking unnecessary risks. Although most of the time I am successful at kicking it down a notch, can a leopard change its spots?

The other day I was driving home on a 3-4 lane highway after reading some car magazines. While driving in traffic, listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, I had to speed up to change lanes into the middle lane on a long downhill. But due to the layout of the "exit only" lanes and traffic pattern I was not able to find a safe spot in the right lane to decrease speed down to below the speed limit.

Suddenly two speeders flew past me in the fast lane. An we approached a tunnel known as an accident prone zone, I was already speeding and the risk-willing side of my mind was arguing to increase speed and try to see if I still had enough mind and body coordination left to show these speeders what a combination of speeding, late braking, race pads, summer tires, and eight years of all-season seat time behind the wheel of one car can do against other men and their machines. On the contrary, the risk-averse side said "Don't you even dare, you numbskull. Have you forgotten what happened to Ben?" As I got closer to the point of no return, the former side won and I told the other to keep quiet and instead help me concentrate on the dangerous maneuver.

I increased speed, dive-bombed into the curved tunnel using the right lane, passed the second speeder, left-foot-late-braked past the first speeder, approached a slow-moving vehicle in front of me, turned on my left signal as I gauged whether the lead speeder was closing the door or not and then, after concluding the door was adequately open, proceeded to slot in between him and the vehicle in front of him. He flashed his high beam once out of surprise and irritation and I exited the tunnel, switched lanes, carried on towards my exit, found a safe area, slowed down below the speed limit and listened quietly as my risk-averse side proceeded to lecture me while my risk-willing side winked, displaying a smile recharged with self-esteem.

So unwise and yet so intoxicating. Placing myself and others at greater than average risk? Without a doubt.

Then, why did I do it? Why did Ben, Corey, Dimitri, the factory driver, the crocodile hunter and the hamster do it? Why do we all take risks in life?

Because I was trying to boost my self-esteem and because as proposed by the following article, it is one of the laws of nature:

http://www.discover.com/issues/dec-01/features/featrisks/

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    ... it is one of the laws of nature:

Were there any suitable mates nearby?

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    ... it is one of the laws of nature:

Were there any suitable mates nearby?

If there were, I whizzed past them.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690674 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409889 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256093 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235343 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65724 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774834 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM