Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Picked up my F430 last week. Some pics here.

d

f

g

Awesome photo's Stradale! Your 430's interior is beautiful! Congratulations! Did you sell your CS?

Thanks Mike. Yup, sold the CS.

Car looks great!!!

Such a beautiful car Stradale. I can't get enough of these posts. Great photos as well

Just out of curiosity, at the meet, did you happen to see any 6spd F430s? I'm really curious as to how many are really out there. I read some statistic that said 10% but that might even be outlandish.

Congrats, hope to see it soon on our LI roads!

Beautiful car - congratulations!

Great photos.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Sad to see the CS go I presume? Do you still have your 997?

STRADALE, did the CS fetch enough for the 430 or did you have to pay anything extra to get the car?
    The more I see the car the more I'm impressed.

Beautiful Car Stradale, CONGRATS

Wow, I like it! Definitely!

Congratulations!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

A little bit but not that bad. If I didn't have the excitement of getting a new 430 I'm sure it would be tough to let the CS go. Yes, still have the 997 S Cab.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Such a beautiful car Stradale. I can't get enough of these posts. Great photos as well

Just out of curiosity, at the meet, did you happen to see any 6spd F430s? I'm really curious as to how many are really out there. I read some statistic that said 10% but that might even be outlandish.

Thanks Hurst.
    I saw one Spider there w/ a 6 speed.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

A little bit but not that bad. If I didn't have the excitement of getting a new 430 I'm sure it would be tough to let the CS go. Yes, still have the 997 S Cab.

That's great to hear! I hope you're still going to hang onto her for a little while. How about some pics of them next to each other? I love those kind of photo's!

Quote:
    Crash said:
    STRADALE, did the CS fetch enough for the 430 or did you have to pay anything extra to get the car?

I paid sticker on both cars. The original sticker on my CS was $197k. The sticker on my 430 was $225k (because of the $17k for CCM's & $20k in interior options). I traded the CS back to the dealer and got a few dollars more than what I paid originally. By trading to the dealer instead of private sale I saved $18k in taxes on the 430. I only had to pay $1750 in total taxes for the 430. Hopefully that answers your question.

Thanks Crash, I'm really happy with the way it came out, without ever seeing what it would look like the gamble paid off.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

That's great to hear! I hope you're still going to hang onto her for a little while. How about some pics of them next to each other? I love those kind of photo's!

All depends. My dealer said if they make a 430CS I'll get a car. After having the F430 a short while and really enjoying it I'm not sure if I'd go that route or wait for the next model. Guess I'll have the car anywhere from 1-2 1/2 years. I never had the opportunity to get both Ferrari's together for a pic. My salesman asked me to bring in my CS because he had a customer interested and that was it. It sold in less than a day.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I paid sticker on both cars. The original sticker on my CS was $197k. The sticker on my 430 was $225k (because of the $17k for CCM's & $20k in interior options). I traded the CS back to the dealer and got a few dollars more than what I paid originally. By trading to the dealer instead of private sale I saved $18k in taxes on the 430. I only had to pay $1750 in total taxes for the 430. Hopefully that answers your question.

Thanks Crash, I'm really happy with the way it came out, without ever seeing what it would look like the gamble paid off.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

I know what car I'm buying should I ever move to the US . Regarding the successor, everybody here says that it will arrive by 2009 at the latest, so it will probably make for some great timing - finish your 2+1/2 years and get the new one .

Hey, thought you guys would enjoy these pics of my car taken by Lussos of Ferrari of Long Island.

x

x1

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Hey, thought you guys would enjoy these pics of my car taken by Lussos of Ferrari of Long Island.

I'd vote for your own 2nd pic actually

Great looking car, especially with those massice CCMs Now finish the and put some miles on her

Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Great looking car, especially with those massice CCMs Now finish the and put some miles on her

I like pic No. 1 best.

You got to clean the exhaust tips BTW.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

I like pic No. 1 best.

Hey buddy.

What do you use to clean the exhaust tips? Something like a fine polish? Usually my sports cars are clean as clean can be but been so busy driving the car haven't had time to really go over her. After this weekend & the run on Sunday she's a dirty girl.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

I like pic No. 1 best.

Hey buddy.

What do you use to clean the exhaust tips? Something like a fine polish? Usually my sports cars are clean as clean can be but been so busy driving the car haven't had time to really go over her. After this weekend & the run on Sunday she's a dirty girl.

Hi STRADALE (got to change you nick now, eh? ),

I've got a special paste to clean metallic surfaces, but to be honest I don't see much difference if I use it or just clean the tips with a cloth. I also don't think they get too dirty, as some chaps at Fchat claim. Biggest problem at the F430 exhaust IMO is the condensed water, that is black from the exhaust fumes and unfortunately drops right onto the car body beneath the tips. (just have a look at your pic )

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

I like pic No. 1 best.

Hey buddy.

Biggest problem at the F430 exhaust IMO is the condensed water, that is black from the exhaust fumes and unfortunately drops right onto the car body beneath the tips. (just have a look at your pic )

Here's my cheap fix when I'm letting it idle at home

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Here's my cheap fix when I'm letting it idle at home

Very cheap...

... but effective!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

I like pic No. 1 best.

Hey buddy.

I've got a special paste to clean metallic surfaces, but to be honest I don't see much difference if I use it or just clean the tips with a cloth. I also don't think they get too dirty, as some chaps at Fchat claim. Biggest problem at the F430 exhaust IMO is the condensed water, that is black from the exhaust fumes and unfortunately drops right onto the car body beneath the tips. (just have a look at your pic )

Not sure what I should do about my nick. Guess I'll just leave it.

Thanks. Yeah I saw that stuff too. I haven't cleaned it off yet I was going to wait till I wash the car, the stuff doesn't stain the paint does it?

Hey, check out this invitation I got: I go every year, it's about 2 miles from my home. The P4/5 will be there.

Cool. Who's Bob Wallach?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM