Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: TechArt does it again !!!!!!!!!

A M A Z I N G!
    TechArt's really outdone themselves.
    Thanks for the gorgeous shots
    Here's a link an earlier post with some more pics.
    White 997 Turbo by TechArt

the all white does have its style, thanks for sharing

gilding the lily

sorry but IMO, none of the tuners have yet to improve the appearance of the original. The TechArt approach is the best so far, but still looks like a hodge-podge of tacked on pieces

Re: gilding the lily

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    sorry but IMO, none of the tuners have yet to improve the appearance of the original. The TechArt approach is the best so far, but still looks like a hodge-podge of tacked on pieces

....thus I think also

It doesn't improve the appearance at all !!!

Looks like a kit car.

Are you sure Techart made this by them selves??? I'm sure they must have been helped by the "Pimp my Ride" TV program guys.
    Only thing missing is the neon lights under the car ...oh and maybe a bigger wing
    Jezzzzzz, these tuners just mess with overall balance of stock look

J.Seven

Too much rice for my tastes

Right I see the rice too but what about the schnitzel. These tuners are rushing to the market with body features that lack taste.

Techart does what again? Screw up a car being their area of expertise, I was expecting anything else.

Bastards

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Techart does what again? Screw up a car being their area of expertise, I was expecting anything else.

Bastards

lol!

Looks like an inside-out oreo cookie to me.

Quote:

over 50

Pieces look like they fit poorley

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:

I agree. The original product still looks best, unless you're 20 years old and live in Moscow or Belgrade (no offense meant, just kidding).

In my opinion, the 997 Turbo has only two minor and one major design flaws:
    the two minor flaws are the missing LED tail lights and the 305 rear tires (315s or 325s would have looked nicer, a good alternative would be 15 mm spacers to fill the "gap").
    The MAJOR design flaw is the look of the rear exhaust pipes, they look cheap and unworthy for such a supersportscar.
    Otherwise, the 997 Turbo is perfect in my opinion, I would make some changes to the interior (too much silver colour on the steering wheel, etc.) but nothing more.

Regarding the suspension of the 997 Turbo: the setup is in my opinion almost perfect for the weight and the traction setup of the 997 Turbo. Any change may harm a perfectly working system. Lowering the Turbo is a problem, I already bottomed out with my original chassis over here in Germany, I don't even want to imagine what would have happened to a lowered car.

Guys, do yourself a favor, leave this car as it is, especially regarding looks. We have a saying over here in Germany for those who change the look of a Porsche 911 and trust me, it isn't a very charming saying.

The ONLY URGENT modification I would recommend is that stupid looking exhaust rear pipe on both sides. I almost went ahead and removed it myself, leaving it without any rear pipe at all. Since this is not legal over here in Germany and since it doesn't look too well either (but still better than the original setup), I'm waiting for a fast and good looking solution from a Tuner over here. The Techart "adaptation" isn't really what I'm looking for, it is still too "stylish", too "curvy", can't explain it. I saw a white US Turbo a couple of day ago on a picture here in the forum with new exhaust pipes. They looked very good in my opinion and I just hope that Porsche offers something through Tequipment, maybe together with a sport exhaust. Every time I'm looking at the rear pipes on my car, I almost start to vomit.

in my opinion the Techart tips looks good,but one of the two "holes" is closed..and looks like a cheap aftermarket Fiat Duna option part..

so..i haven't the car yet,but i'm just looking for something good regarding exhaust "looks" and maybe sound too

and about the Techart kit looks....well this time for me is too heavy ..i prefer the stock one!

Quote:
    The original product still looks best,

boring ... like a coat and tie .... If you live on Miami Beach this stock 997TT does not cut it either does a coat and tie .

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    The original product still looks best,

boring ... like a coat and tie .... If you live on Miami Beach this stock 997TT does not cut it either does a coat and tie .

Sorry but I don't feel good to drive a optically modded car. I've been to Miami almost every year and I would lie if I'd say that I like what I see. Maybe I should compare it to the young women there: some are dressed very sexy but also very stylish with a lot of taste and they look just perfect, despite the nice a.. and the big b..bs which may not be 100% real. On the other hand, there are also those women which look nice, with a tatoo here and there, megabazoongas (almost falling out of the bra), lips as full and wide as a balloon, etc. I like looking at both of these types of women but I would never ever take one of the second category with me home or marry her. I know this is a stupid example but you get my point.

I drive my cars for MYSELF, not for other people. Of course I sometimes enjoy it when people are looking, no doubt about it. However, it really depends what they think when they looking because people can stare at you for too reasons: you're too pretty or you're too ugly.

Quote:
    RC said:
    or, leave this car as it is, especially regarding looks. We have a saying over here in Germany for those who change the look of a Porsche 911 and trust me, it isn't a very charming saying.

The ONLY URGENT modification I would recommend is that stupid looking exhaust rear pipe on both sides. I almost went ahead and removed it myself, leaving it without any rear pipe at all. Since this is not legal over here in Germany and since it doesn't look too well either (but still better than the original setup), I'm waiting for a fast and good looking solution from a Tuner over here. The Techart "adaptation" isn't really what I'm looking for, it is still too "stylish", too "curvy", can't explain it. I saw a white US Turbo a couple of day ago on a picture here in the forum with new exhaust pipes. They looked very good in my opinion and I just hope that Porsche offers something through Tequipment, maybe together with a sport exhaust. Every time I'm looking at the rear pipes on my car, I almost start to vomit.

~

Christian, forget about Tequipment, they wont solve your problem. Maybe if you want some yellow seat belts, painted wheels, wood on the dash, lots os cheap looking aluminium pieces all over the dash, big rear wings, bling front spoilers and some other pimp stuff, they have.

J.Seven

It looks like a beautiful woman with unnecessary excessive makeup.

Quote:
    would lie if I'd say that I like what I see

your married it is a different life ... just like a stock 997 is different than a tricked out TechArt 997TT ..... some people like a wife and kids some like a different girl every week ... some like driving home to a house in a quiet neighbor hood with kids everywhere some like driving back to their beach front condo on Ocean Drive ...
    Tech art I think made the car even more beautiful some will say not . all a matter of taste but you can not say one is better than the other .

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    would lie if I'd say that I like what I see

your married it is a different life ... just like a stock 997 is different than a tricked out TechArt 997TT ..... some people like a wife and kids some like a different girl every week ... some like driving home to a house in a quiet neighbor hood with kids everywhere some like driving back to their beach front condo on Ocean Drive ...
    Tech art I think made the car even more beautiful some will say not . all a matter of taste but you can not say one is better than the other .

Ok, y're right in principle.
    There is no unique yardstick for beauty. In germany we have the saying: "beauty lies in the eyes of the viewer".

There are however unique, distinctive and world-wide admitted Designs. They're valuable and work by their own personality. To change these designs substantially, would canceling this personality. Nobody would redesign a Picasso!
    Porsche, particularly the 911, is a designicon! You can't improve the fundamental Design, only change it to disadvantage. And this is validated in Munich, where I live or at each place in the world, Miami enclosed.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689201 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409023 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255670 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234919 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857843 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773827 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM