Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

Mithras:

That spyshot from noone1 makes it look like you might be able to put two cases of wine in the back of it. Maybe.

At that point what exactly is the point of an SUV? I went down to the US to watch a NFL game last week-end with 3 friends and went in one of their SUVs a new Dodge Durango R/T. I certainly would never buy one but it fit four full sized guys, week-end bags & misc items PLUS 19 cases of wine in it without us feeling crowded (though you couldn't see out the back window). 

Because you're rich AF and you need people to know it, obviously.

19 cases of wine?That's a lot of Annie Greensprings for a ballgame. Makes one wonder, maybe its time to progress to pricey boutique bourbons to fit more luggage or .....some tailgate BBQ in. broken heart

19 cases of Boon's Farm, or maybe some Franzia.

Lars997:
    RC:
    Italo:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

I hope it is no bigger than a Macan

Cayenne size...with less trunk space

Its definitely bigger than the Cayenne trust me Smiley 

No, it isn't. It may look that way because of the coupe rear but it isn't.

As a hint: Audi is responsible for SUV development, incl. the Urus. Smiley Smiley

RC - you might be wrong with this information. As per my infos, the Urus will be the biggest in its class. It will be bigger than the concept we did see. Lambo recognized that people look for something "mean", the feedback on the concept was "too small, to un-spectacular". So think of the old Lambo Brutus in size and put a modern body on it. 

Let us suprise, I would bet that it is bigger than the Cayenne Smiley

The general manager of my Audi dealership was already at a dealer presentation and saw the car live... Smiley

It maybe looks big because of the coupe rear and the wide track/massive rear but it isn't. Interior is very nice, also car has more power than Cayenne Turbo. Weight is basically the same. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Lars997:
    RC:
    Italo:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

I hope it is no bigger than a Macan

Cayenne size...with less trunk space

Its definitely bigger than the Cayenne trust me Smiley 

No, it isn't. It may look that way because of the coupe rear but it isn't.

As a hint: Audi is responsible for SUV development, incl. the Urus. Smiley Smiley

RC - you might be wrong with this information. As per my infos, the Urus will be the biggest in its class. It will be bigger than the concept we did see. Lambo recognized that people look for something "mean", the feedback on the concept was "too small, to un-spectacular". So think of the old Lambo Brutus in size and put a modern body on it. 

Let us suprise, I would bet that it is bigger than the Cayenne Smiley

The general manager of my Audi dealership was already at a dealer presentation and saw the car live... Smiley

It maybe looks big because of the coupe rear and the wide track/massive rear but it isn't. Interior is very nice, also car has more power than Cayenne Turbo. Weight is basically the same. Smiley

Which is bigger Cayenne or Q7 ? Your guy is not giving you the full details.....time will tell Smiley

Q7 is a bit bigger but not by much, same platform though.

Interior room same as Cayenne, luggage room smaller. Definitely not Q7 size, unless you mean the exterior sizes (which I have no clue about).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Interior leaked. The Audi roots are strong in this one... but the whole thing is underwhelming in my opinion.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

They can't make the interior too playful, Urus customers aren't necessarily the typical Huracan/Aventador crowd.

--

LOL. They used the interior from the Q8.

I don’t see a strong link with the Audi, which is one of the best anyhow... Indded they could have gone a bit further but add some color and it will be fine.

You don't see a strong link? It's incredibly similar in technical design with a modest style change. Check out the vents. Don't look at the long vent itself in the Q8, look at where the vent adjustments are placed. Notice there are two above the center console and one on the far end. This seems to be the exact same placement in the Urus, except the removed the long vent design (where air probably doesn't even come out anyway.)

Center consoles both have one angled screen and one flat screen, both in the same size/shape. Shift knob and cup holders in the same place, just replaced the knob with buttons. Digital dash is obviously the exact same.

I bet the rear seats will have the same displays and configuration as well.

It's a Q8 with some different switch gear...

Just by looking at the seats you could tell its an Audi.

It's most likely that production realities and tighter cost control within the post dieselgate VW group have meant much more component sharing hence the rather generic looking dash design. It is a pity as the concept's dash was instantly recognisable as a Lamborghini without being too outlandish for production. Time will tell if the generic look harms sales after the initial wave of buyers has been satisfied.

Dash design concept.JPG

Omg its an Audi! 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

EnglishManInNY:

Omg its an Audi! 

Smiley Since Audi took over SUV development, I'm not surprised.

--

A good and bad thing. Hopefully the passion isn’t gone in the product. 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

Passion is certainly not something to be found in an Audi SUV........ not even on the extensive options lists they have smiley

I personally don't think this is aimed at enthusiasts. I think it's simply aimed at people who want people to know every car they drive is something very expensive.

Until recently, and SUV could only get so fancy. At best it was a Porsche, and anything less than that was just a Range Rover or Mercedes, or some brand that a million people have.

Now those people don't have to drive SUVs of the commoner, but rather a Lamborghini...

noone1:

I personally don't think this is aimed at enthusiasts. I think it's simply aimed at people who want people to know every car they drive is something very expensive.

Until recently, and SUV could only get so fancy. At best it was a Porsche, and anything less than that was just a Range Rover or Mercedes, or some brand that a million people have.

Now those people don't have to drive SUVs of the commoner, but rather a Lamborghini...

And soon a Rolls Royce and then a Ferrari 

RAV4, Porsche SUV, Range Rover... all the same right? angry

All the same to me in the burbs of America.

Hope that this audi will make ferrari not do a similar sihit....maybe give up to make a suv..why why why why why....

i cannot put it out of my mind.....think to make a supercar ev to do something really new...if tesla is working not even with a v12 with 6 turbos can match the new roadster..okay the sound that is unique...but the world is changing..and follow the suv wave maybe it is to late....

--

993 c2

ISUK:

Passion is certainly not something to be found in an Audi SUV........ not even on the extensive options lists they have smiley

True...only the R8 seems to be really "passionate" but it has been developed by Audi Sport (different company, still owned by Audi). Even the RS6 Performance I drove lacked that "special" feel someone expects from such a car. I liked the new RS3 though but again, not as much as I would have expected from such a small 400 hp car.

--

Audi is effectively a "white goods" auto manufacturer. It should be applauded for the best con of a marketing campaign of any manufacturer in terms of changing the perception people had of it in the 70's and early 80's as a slightly better VW but being miles away from the prestige or quality of say Mercedes Benz. The success of the UR Quattro in rallying started to change public perceptions as did the futuristic 100 series saloon and the clever advertising focus on it's CD coefficient in comparison to it's peers of the time. Ever since then the brand has focused upon perceived build quality by making everything you see and touch in the cars feel solid and dependable. They completely ignored the emotional driver appeal aspect and it did not dent their sales one bit as 90% + of drivers seemingly do not care about such things.

With the exception of the R8, all the Audis I've ever owned have proven to be very dull conveyances to drive with a guaranteed propensity to understeer. I had a look around a very large Audi showroom yesterday and left fairly swiftly feeling completely underwhelmed by the experience. It was not a totally futile waste of time however as I did see a Sonoma Green RS5 and decided this would be a great colour for a future 911 PTS order smiley

I agree. I love how the new RS5 looks (seriously, people need to see this car in person to appreciate the new design language) but the engine and chassis? Smiley Pathetic. I am not surprised this car barely sells, also it has an insane price tag (cars at my dealer range from 110-115k EUR, this is C63 S AMG territory...fully optioned).

Speaking of R8: There is no clear strategy at Audi how to market this car. They are desperate for the "right" way, already did some survey, they try to position Audi Sport and their products (R8, RS models) in a new way but there doesn't seem to be a clue how to do that. At least they seem to agree that the facelift needs a better visual differentiation to regular Audi products and more power...

--

Perhaps they should resurrect the Auto Union name for the R8 model line to differentiate it.

ISUK:

Perhaps they should resurrect the Auto Union name for the R8 model line to differentiate it.

Auto Union? Not sure it would be a good idea for the German market, let alone international markets.

Personally, I would market the R8 as a...R8. Nothing more to add. No Audi Sport, nothing. However, they need to involve the name Audi in this for marketing reasons, so... Smiley Smiley

Also, I would make it cheaper than the Huracan. It actually is but only because there are huge discounts and amazing lease offers. Maybe the other way around: Cheaper but less discounts.

--

RC:

Also, I would make it cheaper than the Huracan. It actually is but only because there are huge discounts and amazing lease offers. Maybe the other way around: Cheaper but less discounts.

in the UK, R8 list prices are significantly less than Huracan .. the RWS series, for example, is about £50k cheaper than Huracan RWD.

sfo:
    RC:

in the UK, R8 list prices are significantly less than Huracan .. the RWS series, for example, is about £50k cheaper than Huracan RWD.

RWS is a joke...nobody wants one here (according to sales person). I am not surprised since AWD versions are already heavily discounted and/or offer great lease deals.

--

RC:
    sfo:
    RC:

RWS is a joke...nobody wants one here (according to sales person). I am not surprised since AWD versions are already heavily discounted and/or offer great lease deals.

it's the same magnitude of list price difference between R8 v10 Plus and Huracan AWD.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690298 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409625 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235160 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65630 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774555 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM