Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F599 GTB - Quattroruote

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    Don't understand how it could beat the Enzo in 0-200, it has a detuned Enzo engine, it's heavier and it has worse engine placement.

In Italy they will always be more than happy to put the last Ferrari as the fastest of them all. so don't be surprised!!!

Quote:
    Crash said:

What? You mean to tell me that the new Turbo isn't slower than the old one? I don't believe you.

BTW: Should the true performance be close to those numbers my decision regarding my new car would be taken! A car with those specs is a must buy. The car would be in a completely different league than the 997TT

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

What? You mean to tell me that the new Turbo isn't slower than the old one? I don't believe you.

BTW: Should the true performance be close to those numbers my decision regarding my new car would be taken! A car with those specs is a must buy. The car would be in a completely different league than the 997TT

Agreed. However, I honestly believe that the GT2 will be close to those numbers. A well broken-in Turbo is, according to that French Turbo/GT3 test, capable of a 0-200 time of 11.8-11.9 seconds, with a top speed of almost 315 km/h. Since the Turbo S will probably top 320 km/h and dip well into the 11s in the 0-200 measurement, the GT2 could very well reach a flat 11 or even lower, with a top speed of at least 325 km/h. Give it a good remap and an exhaust, and you'll leave most supercars standing (heck, even the old Ruf RTurbo 550 could do 0-200 km/h under 11 seconds).

quattroruote very very linked to ferrari

Quote:
    andrea said:
    quattroruote very very linked to ferrari

How do you know???

Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Rossi : As Patriek said there will be no replacement for the F430 before 2009. However, in MY2008 the F430 is likely to see its power bumped to 520hp along with other minor tweaks.

I doubt Ferrari will bring a powerupgrade for the F430. My guess is we will see the presentation of an all new V8-model in late 2008 and this F460 or whatever it will be called will arrive on most markets in early 2009.

At first, even I thought any power-up is out of question. On the other hand in 2008 already 2 new Ferraris are set to come and I doubt Ferrari would release 3 new models in one year and than almost nothing (apart from a 599m and spider versions) for say 4-5 years. Hence I wouldn't be surprised by a late 2009 presentation and as the competition is getting stronger (powerkit, PDK for the TT on the way as well as the Gallardo MY08 FSI, 7-speed DSG) and as even now the F430 is no longer that dominant in comparison tests, it will be in need of an update to keep up. Well, I'm actually aware it doesn't need to keep up performance wise that strictly, as it is fast enough and there is enough demand, but it is a matter of honour to prove they are on the edge, where they probably (based on the latest models that are huge improvement over the previous ones, much bigger then we were used to) want to be.

Ferrari has its certificate of exemption for producing the F430 until mid 2008. After that date, the F430 with its old airbag technology can't be sold in the US.
    Furthermore I have a document, in which the successor for the F430 is announced for 2008.

So I really think that the new car will be ready by end of 2008.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Rossi : As Patriek said there will be no replacement for the F430 before 2009. However, in MY2008 the F430 is likely to see its power bumped to 520hp along with other minor tweaks.

I doubt Ferrari will bring a powerupgrade for the F430. My guess is we will see the presentation of an all new V8-model in late 2008 and this F460 or whatever it will be called will arrive on most markets in early 2009.

At first, even I thought any power-up is out of question. On the other hand in 2008 already 2 new Ferraris are set to come and I doubt Ferrari would release 3 new models in one year and than almost nothing (apart from a 599m and spider versions) for say 4-5 years. Hence I wouldn't be surprised by a late 2009 presentation and as the competition is getting stronger (powerkit, PDK for the TT on the way as well as the Gallardo MY08 FSI, 7-speed DSG) and as even now the F430 is no longer that dominant in comparison tests, it will be in need of an update to keep up. Well, I'm actually aware it doesn't need to keep up performance wise that strictly, as it is fast enough and there is enough demand, but it is a matter of honour to prove they are on the edge, where they probably (based on the latest models that are huge improvement over the previous ones, much bigger then we were used to) want to be.

Ferrari has its certificate of exemption for producing the F430 until mid 2008. After that date, the F430 with its old airbag technology can't be sold in the US.
    Furthermore I have a document, in which the successor for the F430 is announced for 2008.

Oh, I see. I can remember the document. The airbag issue may have changed their initial plans. And in fact, I have heard a rumour the F60 will come as late as in 2009.

Quote:
    mv said:
    Oh, I see. I can remember the document. The airbag issue may have changed their initial plans. And in fact, I have heard a rumour the F60 will come as late as in 2009.

LdM stated in THIS interview that the Enzo successor is at least 4 yrs away. Nit-pickers might say that the Enzo wasn't the F50 successor and that the F60 might not be the "next Enzo"... but IMO there won't be some Enzo II/F60 before 2010.

And rossi is right, AFAIK the successor to the F430 will be ready by late 2008 (presented at the Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris) with early deliveries to VIP clients right away (but really starting in early 2009).

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    mv said:

LdM stated in THIS interview that the Enzo successor is at least 4 yrs away. Nit-pickers might say that the Enzo wasn't the F50 successor and that the F60 might not be the "next Enzo"... but IMO there won't be some Enzo II/F60 before 2010.

And rossi is right, AFAIK the successor to the F430 will be ready by late 2008 (presented at the Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris) with early deliveries to VIP clients right away (but really starting in early 2009).

Uhhhh, only two years/24 months to go, are you getting nervous zzboba?

Quote:
    Rossi said:Uhhhh, only two years/24 months to go, are you getting nervous zzboba?

totally valium is my best friend!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

MKSGR, after driving a colleague's 997TT Tip for 200 mis, I gave my 997TT Tip spot (car's in-transit to CA) to another colleague who wants a CA winter rainy-day AWD commuter car....

997TT sounds like a Prius Turbo, w/a Japanese hybrid/electric motor-like sound...notably worse than old 996TTS' more mechanical, but uninspiring exhaust....doubt P can develop a decent PSE for 997TT, esp given they couldn't develop one for 996TT over 5yrs of produc (and giving up increm profits is very un-P-like). And the turbo lag was too annoying for me (vs SL65) on urban fwys in CA.

Given how close 997TT, 599 and SL65 are in various accel metrics, N-ring and Hoch times, etc, esp in hands of an amateur, would argue more subtle elements like exhaust note, turbo lag/nonlinearity, lack of paddleshifters, fuel tank capac, etc will differentiate these 3 great cars....rather than pseudo-precise accel/lap times...

IMO, SL65 and 599 will be the ultimate duo

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    mv said:

I'm well aware of that interview. In contrary to that one, Amadeo Felisa stated in another interview that a cutting-edge successor to enzo was in works and would be here fairly soon. I'm very surprised with such a contradiction. It seems LdM doesn't want us or more likely the competition to know how far the development is.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    mv said:

Rossi you are correct. I believe the 430 replacement will be a Y2009 introduced in the fall of 2008 as ZZobaba indicated. Keep in mind that the 430 was always meant as a transitional car for Ferrari. That is the reason for the relatively short life span of the model.

The replacement is going to set the performance standard in the industry. The 997TTS is not going to cut it. The gallardo will require substantial upgrades to even compete.

Many may ask how I can make these statements. Well I believe Ferrari has overcome price point issues in the market place. What they produce regardless of cost will be sold out. Thus Ferrari is free to focus on performance and not concern themselves with price.

Quote:
    VKSF said:

IMO, SL65 and 599 will be the ultimate duo

I think you are spot on with this statement. The combination of 599 and SL65 offers the right car for every opportunity I can think of. If a Porsche would be required for track use a GT2 or GT3 would be a good complement.

In my case, the perfect combo might be A8 W12 and 599GTB.

As my Porsche dealer cannot tell me anything about x50 or GT2 I am looking forward to my 599 test drive...

Markus, this Quattroroute test is strange IMO. First, lateral acceleration of 599 is nothing special. Second, weight? Car is over 1650kg(with full tank), so brilliant track monster? Third, top speed? Where did they measured it?
    On Nardo?
    I think that numbers that Sport Auto will achive(if they get a 599! Some strange things are going on!!) will not be that impressive...
    Autobahn King? SL65 delimited of course, but, it look so dated... BTW, what about German winter? Neither SL65 or 599 will be capable to follow 997 Turbo or Gallardo on wet autobahn. And snow... 599 will look funny on snow!

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, what about German winter? Neither SL65 or 599 will be capable to follow 997 Turbo or Gallardo on wet autobahn. And snow... 599 will look funny on snow!

In my case it would be 599 and A8 W12

BTW: I fully agree with you that this test is strange. The thing is: I will do my own test of high-speed acceleration numbers before I (potentially) order one I will not rely on any magazine test...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, what about German winter? Neither SL65 or 599 will be capable to follow 997 Turbo or Gallardo on wet autobahn. And snow... 599 will look funny on snow!

BTW: I fully agree with you that this test is strange. The thing is: I will do my own test of high-speed acceleration numbers before I (potentially) order one I will not rely on any magazine test...

In my case:
    997 turbo cab - everyday w/ one of my suv's for snow days
    F430 - weekend's.

I need a more sporty everyday car then an SL. There's times in my commute where I really need the athleticism of a Porsche 911, the SL is too numb. Plus having two, 2 seater sports cars (SL&F430) when I can have a more serious 2+2 sports car (turbo cab) wouldn't make sense or fit my lifestyle having 2 small children that love trips to the beach w/ the top down.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Markus, one word: RS6

I am impatient already

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    I am impatient already

I can imagine! It will probably be at least as fast as the M5 in a straight line, and coupled with AWD will make for one heck of a ride.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    I am impatient already

I can imagine! It will probably be at least as fast as the M5 in a straight line, and coupled with AWD will make for one heck of a ride.

If the RS6 would match the M5 in terms of straight line performance that would be a terrific result! Even if it was slightly slower than the M5 the RS6 would still have AWD as a convincing selling point

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    I am impatient already

If the RS6 would match the M5 in terms of straight line performance that would be a terrific result! Even if it was slightly slower than the M5 the RS6 would still have AWD as a convincing selling point

AWD, 5.2 liters of turbocharged V10 grunt with 600 horsepower and unmistakably elegant Audi styling. I'd say the M5 has a lot to worry about .

elegant Audi styling ??? BMW has nothing to worry aboutfrom Audi.

i personally like audi's design much more than bmw..

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

Yes, elegant. At least that's what normal people think .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

Than i'm not normal ...

599 GTB seems to beat CGT with these datas, but when i check german mag datas , 997 TT has better or same times with the CGT. So you guys accept 997TT can beat CGT, but 599 GTB cannot? I couldnt understand this part. Porsche can do better times than its official info but Ferrari cannot? Plase be a little justice guys.
    Ok i accept Q test can be a little optimistic for Ferrari but same as some German mags do the same to BMW and Porsche.
    Doesnt it?

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    599 GTB seems to beat CGT with these datas, but when i check german mag datas , 997 TT has better or same times with the CGT. So you guys accept 997TT can beat CGT, but 599 GTB cannot? I couldnt understand this part. Porsche can do better times than its official info but Ferrari cannot? Plase be a little justice guys.
    Ok i accept Q test can be a little optimistic for Ferrari but same as some German mags do the same to BMW and Porsche.
    Doesnt it?

The 997TT can only beat the CGT to 100 km/h, due to superior traction. It can't do anything else.

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

Than i'm not normal ...

Now, now... Anyone who makes videos of himself driving at 270 km/h is perfectly normal. Just not as normal as us other normal folks, who dig Audi's styling .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779433 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442284 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261418 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85654 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5823 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881116 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM