Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3

Kobalt:

I can't afford to drive like that. Well, to be honest I can't drive like that.

I've had CH as the best video car guy but as many of us I also starts to be a bit tired of he's videos.
    Now I'd say Jethro is my favorite and of course the guys in Roadkill.

A little bit of defence for CH:

There is a small track close to me that have public sessions. The sessions are divided into: Street cars, Non street cars, Motorcycles and Drifters.
    When watching these sessions I can say that the drifters definitely are the most fun to watch.

What fun is it to watch a white Porsche doing lap after lap with no drama... Not much.

Same here...too expensive. Loved to do track and driving events in the past but when you end up shelling out 2-3k for a two days event or a weekend, well... Tire cost and other possible mishaps like scratched rims or stone chips damage not included. I miss this a lot though, nothing beats organized events, so much fun.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    nothing beats organized events, so much fun.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I''ll be in Dijon on Wednesday  . Join us ! Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

RC:
    Kobalt:

I can't afford to drive like that. Well, to be honest I can't drive like that.

I've had CH as the best video car guy but as many of us I also starts to be a bit tired of he's videos.
    Now I'd say Jethro is my favorite and of course the guys in Roadkill.

A little bit of defence for CH:

There is a small track close to me that have public sessions. The sessions are divided into: Street cars, Non street cars, Motorcycles and Drifters.
    When watching these sessions I can say that the drifters definitely are the most fun to watch.

What fun is it to watch a white Porsche doing lap after lap with no drama... Not much.

Same here...too expensive. Loved to do track and driving events in the past but when you end up shelling out 2-3k for a two days event or a weekend, well... Tire cost and other possible mishaps like scratched rims or stone chips damage not included. I miss this a lot though, nothing beats organized events, so much fun.

--

That's why you should buy a spec Miata or something cheap.

noone1:

Imagine what his neighbours would say behind his back. A Miata? Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    noone1:

Imagine what his neighbours would say behind his back. A Miata? Smiley

"Christian must be falling on hard times, we should stay away from him in case those bad luck are contagious"

--

Gnil:
    RC:

--

I''ll be in Dijon on Wednesday  . Join usSmiley

Yeah, sure. I just close down my business, tell my wife that she needs to change her whole program, tell my kids that they need to learn by themselves and I go have some fun. Smiley Not. Smiley Unfortunately this is the reason I cannot do such events anymore...time is money. Maybe on weekends but this is when the family wants to have their fun (not that I don't enjoy it). 

Maybe when I retire...or decide to close down the current business and open a new (bigger) one. Still in the process of figuring out if it is worth it to work another 20 years or not. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Gnil:
    RC:

--

Yeah, sure. I just close down my business, tell my wife that she needs to change her whole program, tell my kids that they need to learn by themselves and I go have some fun. Smiley Not. Smiley 

You have employees . Your wife seems like a reasonable person  . Your kids are doing fine  .  Go have some fun ! 

--

Gnil:
    RC:
    Gnil:
    RC:

--

Yeah, sure. I just close down my business, tell my wife that she needs to change her whole program, tell my kids that they need to learn by themselves and I go have some fun. Smiley Not. Smiley 

You have employees . Your wife seems like a reasonable person  . Your kids are doing fine  .  Go have some fun ! 

I have one employee, I am very small. I do not live from my job, this is more of a hobby (I know how this sounds). A hobby I soon have to give up...or start to be serious about and go big. Smiley 

I would love to have some fun, especially in a car but the good times of my business are over. They stopped around 12 years ago and they won't come back. I avoided going big for a very long time and now I have to decide what to do. 

Would love to do something in the car business but every single person I know in this business says "stay away". Smiley

--

RC:

I have one employee, I am very small. I do not live from my job, this is more of a hobby (I know how this sounds). A hobby I soon have to give up...or start to be serious about and go big. Smiley 

I'm also small office, solo family physician with one receptionist.

I do 3-5 track days per year, usually on a Saturday, drive down to track Friday after work, 3.5 hrs drive, stay in hotel, track whole day Saturday, dinner, drive home same night.

Lucky if I found a Locum doctor to work that Saturday, or just close office.

I'm about your age, will continue same work for next 10 -15 yrs max and then retire.  No thoughts about expanding or switch work.  Why not keep doing something that I'm really good at.  Simple and predictable life.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Car business... I think i would not do it, to be honest. I have a friend who own an Audi-VW dealer, since the 80's, they are about to resign the dealership relation with them. Audi is asking them to invest more than 1 million € in the renovation of all the facilities. He is more than 60 and has a son also working there. They say the business has been completely flat lately, even considering the spanish crisis has almost pass out. So they will basicly become the lessee to Audi or the new owner of the dealership. And many things related with the business are about to change, related with EV mainly. Maybe you could find a niche with that. Or in an area with tons of money like south of Germany, something related with classics or sportscars. But a traditional car business is not a factory of money anymore.

Targa Tim:
    RC:

I'm also small office, solo family physician with one receptionist.

I do 3-5 track days per year, usually on a Saturday, drive down to track Friday after work, 3.5 hrs drive, stay in hotel, track whole day Saturday, dinner, drive home same night.

Lucky if I found a Locum doctor to work that Saturday, or just close office.

I'm about your age, will continue same work for next 10 -15 yrs max and then retire.  No thoughts about expanding or switch work.  Why not keep doing something that I'm really good at.  Simple and predictable life.

Smiley Weekends are for the family (and I truly love spending them with them, I have two wonderful kids and my wife isn't bad either Smiley). Of course I get to drive a couple of hours on weekends but one the kids is usually with me, unless I drive with friends...kids don't want to join and I am actually happy about it because we are driving differently. Smiley

My problem with my business is: I have government mandated opening/closing times and emergency services. Also, I need to be physically present in my business all the time, cannot go away even for five minutes. Luckily, I have a family member helping me during vacations and when I need to be away for a couple of hours.

In the past, my parents were working as well and we had a couple of employees but things have changed since 2006 or so and I had to let go most of the employees to keep the business healthy. I could have bought a bigger one but my kids were small, my wife worked, so I didn't want to put too much pressure on the family. I am good with stocks, so this wasn't a problem but now I have to decide if I do something else or become much bigger. The much bigger part is a serious issue because we have not a free market here in my line of business and everything depends a lot on laws and regulations. If they change, I could be in serious trouble with a new and bigger business, for example if the EU would allow chains like in other countries, including the US. Something like Walgreens or CVS is impossible in Germany...so far. If this happens though, this would ruin at least half the pharmacies in Germany and I don't want to be part of that. Smiley

--

Enzo II:

Car business... I think i would not do it, to be honest. I have a friend who own an Audi-VW dealer, since the 80's, they are about to resign the dealership relation with them. Audi is asking them to invest more than 1 million € in the renovation of all the facilities. He is more than 60 and has a son also working there. They say the business has been completely flat lately, even considering the spanish crisis has almost pass out. So they will basicly become the lessee to Audi or the new owner of the dealership. And many things related with the business are about to change, related with EV mainly. Maybe you could find a niche with that. Or in an area with tons of money like south of Germany, something related with classics or sportscars. But a traditional car business is not a factory of money anymore.

Definitely not. I was planning on becoming a co-owner of an official Porsche center many years ago, with a friend but I am glad we decided against it. Would have been a disaster in my humble opinion. You need to be born for this business and you need to have roots in it over here, incl. some very good contacts. If not, well...

I also had a tuning biz in mind but with current regulations and manufacturer restrictions, no thanks. Also, I couldn't sell hideous products like that Gemballa/etc. stuff, so I would have lost a lot of potential clients. Smiley

In the end, I will stick to something related to medicine. Right now, I am planning to expand my wife's business with lifestyle stuff like laser sculpting, minimal invasive esthetic procedures and similar things. This is the future and people are willing to pay money for it. The problem is only that the region we live in isn't exactly the typical target market for this kind of "medicine", so it remains to be seen. Just a thought of many...working on it. Smiley

--

RC:
    Enzo II:

Definitely not. I was planning on becoming a co-owner of an official Porsche center many years ago, with a friend but I am glad we decided against it. Would have been a disaster in my humble opinion. You need to be born for this business and you need to have roots in it over here, incl. some very good contacts. If not, well...

I also had a tuning biz in mind but with current regulations and manufacturer restrictions, no thanks. Also, I couldn't sell hideous products like that Gemballa/etc. stuff, so I would have lost a lot of potential clients. Smiley

In the end, I will stick to something related to medicine. Right now, I am planning to expand my wife's business with lifestyle stuff like laser sculpting, minimal invasive esthetic procedures and similar things. This is the future and people are willing to pay money for it. The problem is only that the region we live in isn't exactly the typical target market for this kind of "medicine", so it remains to be seen. Just a thought of many...working on it. Smiley

Have you thought of a residential cleaning service?

You provide 4 person crews that clean a typical home in 1hr.

Very popular in US and fast growing, almost no one wants to clean their home himself anymore and you have access to plenty of inexpensive employees across the border.

People love group cleaning because they are in and out (unlike traditional single lady staying all day).

absent:
    RC:
    Enzo II:

Have you thought of a residential cleaning service?

You provide 4 person crews that clean a typical home in 1hr.

Very popular in US and fast growing, almost no one wants to clean their home himself anymore and you have access to plenty of inexpensive employees across the border.

People love group cleaning because they are in and out (unlike traditional single lady staying all day).

I'd like something intellectually a little bit more challenging but besides that, I doubt such a service could survive in Germany to be honest, even if I don't really know the market.

--

CH is still the best in the business and his videos are very informative and well made. His F12 review was one of the best motoring videos I´ve ever seen, drone images are breathtaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjp1xjOzJqY

--

J.Seven

Actually, I think CH was one of the first using a drone for his videos and that particular purpose.

--

Nice Interview with Andreas Preuninger:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/porsche-gt-boss-andreas-preuninger-on-the-gt3-pdk-vs-manual-and-his-love-of-alcantara/

And some Intersting infos for former Integrale-owners like RC and me, how Alcantara made it to the Porsche GT-Cars...;-)

Blueflame

PS BTW-I already had the Cup-Alcantara-Steering-Wheel in my 964RS since 1995 ;-)

blueflame:

PS BTW-I already had the Cup-Alcantara-Steering-Wheel in my 964RS since 1995 ;-)

http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/alcantara-cleaning-guide/

Smiley

Kobalt:
    blueflame:

http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/alcantara-cleaning-guide/

Smiley

Thank you very much...Smiley

I sold the 964 RS last year with a perfect steeringwheel...Smiley the car had just 27.000 Km.

My 981 Spyder has now a lot more Alcantara inside.

Blueflame

Thanks. Smiley I love Alcantara...my 991.1 GTS actually has the Alcantara interior (which, according to my Porsche dealer, most Porsche customers at the dealership seem to hate, so they order leather instead Smiley).

--

RC:

Thanks. Smiley I love Alcantara...my 991.1 GTS actually has the Alcantara interior (which, according to my Porsche dealer, most Porsche customers at the dealership seem to hate, so they order leather instead Smiley).

I love it!

But I must say that leather is more practical.

I absolutely love it in the GTS as well, much prefer it over leather and in previous 911's I I have always went for full optional leather inside, but alcantara feels and looks so much better IMO...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

I absolutely love it in the GTS as well, much prefer it over leather and in previous 911's I I have always went for full optional leather inside, but alcantara feels and looks so much better IMO...

Leather is and feels a bit too elegant... When I enter my R8, I feel luxury. When I enter my 991 GTS, I fell sportiness. I know this may be a weird feeling but the Alcantara plays a huge role in that.

--

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

Leather is and feels a bit too elegant... When I enter my R8, I feel luxury. When I enter my 991 GTS, I fell sportiness. I know this may be a weird feeling but the Alcantara plays a huge role in that.

same feeling with me

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I agree too.

Is it "Rennteam Agree Friday" today?

Kobalt:

I agree too.

We should mark this in our calendars... Smiley

--

I totally agree - but just today!

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

The touch and feel of alcantara is just much more pleasant then the more slick leather, luxurious and sporty at the same time.

I like it so much that I even replaced the stock steering wheel in my daily driver with a custom one.IMG_0813.JPG 

blueflame:

Nice Interview with Andreas Preuninger

And some Intersting infos for former Integrale-owners like RC and me,

Blueflame

Andreas one of us! great!Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Kobalt:

I agree too.

I agree ..... not on the Friday, just the alcantara Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689815 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409364 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255811 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235038 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65559 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858122 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774215 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM