Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: McLaren on a winning streak

noone1:

Still waiting for your track videos RCmacher...

I drive, I do not make videos. Only exception was in Italy where my kids wanted to have a video of that driving with them. Smiley If you want to see how I drive, just meet me whenever you are in Bavaria and I can take you for a ride like I did before with others (not sure if Arnie S. is still in the forum but I think he remembers that ride pretty well Smiley). Just be aware that I will have you sign a waiver, just in case you need to go to the emergency room afterwards (like my father in-law Smiley). Deal? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

You let people sign a waiver before they get into a car with you? Or you're (hopefully) making a 'joke'?

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

Porker:

You let people sign a waiver before they get into a car with you? Or you're (hopefully) making a 'joke'?

That's hilarious Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Porker:

Of course I was joking... I would never let a complete stranger drive with me when I play with my car.  Not even with a signed waiver.  

I only found it quite weird that someone claiming to have owned a McLaren never really spun the car. I mean it could happen unintentionally once in a lifetime but it happens. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Doesn't happen on a normal dry road unless you're driving like an idiot or you have really bad luck of something completely out of your control.

When is the last time someone on here posted about spinning out on the street? I don't think I've ever read it happening in the years I've been a member here.

noone1:

Doesn't happen on a normal dry road unless you're driving like an idiot or you have really bad luck of something completely out of your control.

When is the last time someone on here posted about spinning out on the street? I don't think I've ever read it happening in the years I've been a member here.

Why would people even mention it? It happens from time to time and most experienced drivers can handle it.

--

Ok, let's just take a poll.

Rennteamers, when is the last time your spun your car on a normal road? Not snow and ice. Just normal hardcore driving on the street.

just happened this afternoon heading to change rear tires and spoon in dry road. it was fun, so I intentionally drove back and did spoon again.lots of fun, I tell you

RC:
    noone1:

I drive, I do not make videos. Only exception was in Italy where my kids wanted to have a video of that driving with them. Smiley If you want to see how I drive, just meet me whenever you are in Bavaria and I can take you for a ride like I did before with others (not sure if Arnie S. is still in the forum but I think he remembers that ride pretty well Smiley). Just be aware that I will have you sign a waiver, just in case you need to go to the emergency room afterwards (like my father in-law Smiley). Deal? Smiley

Is this offer exist in July?, Im in Dresden for my friend wedding, I can stop by tho

indecision Should I set up a registration/appointment page?  

--

noone1:

Rennteamers, when is the last time your spun your car on a normal road? Not snow and ice. Just normal hardcore driving on the street.

I will do it this afternoon, after I wash my car... Smiley

--

IMG_4057.JPGOur video taking attempts were cut short today, too much wind for the Hover Camera drone. Nice toy for taking selfies and videos of groups but as a drone very limited. Will need to get the Mavic I'm afraid.

--

Ha! I recognise those boots and your boy seems to share your fashion-style. indecision

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Ha! I recognise those boots and your boy seems to share your fashion-style. indecision

Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Rossi:

indecision My trademark... 

--

RC:

IMG_4057.JPGOur video taking attempts were cut short today, too much wind for the Hover Camera drone. Nice toy for taking selfies and videos of groups but as a drone very limited. Will need to get the Mavic I'm afraid.

I hear Conny has an unused one lieing around Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    RC:

I hear Conny has an unused one lieing around Smiley

Smiley Smiley

Another problem with the Hover Camera drone, as good as it is for it's size and weight: Range. In the above photo, you have basically the maximum range for the drone. If you go higher, the connection is lost. The drone lands by itself once the battery starts to run out of power (at least it is supposed to do that) but still... Range sucks.

I will definitely look into the Mavic Pro but the need for registration in the US and the many laws forbidding using a drone in certain regions (basically all regions which could be interesting...), kind of lower the fun factor of these things. Smiley

We were planning to use the Hover Camera around Lake Mead (Nevada/Arizone) out of the boat but since Lake Mead is located in a national park, we cannot use it without risking a huge fine. Smiley

--

Maybe a stupid question, for what reason you are using a drone? What is the benefit? What do you get?

--

AM

ALDO:

Maybe a stupid question, for what reason you are using a drone? What is the benefit? What do you get?

Fun? Great photos and videos? For example I have a very nice high res photo of me and my family lying on the beach and the drone took the photo from above the ocean, so it looks as if a helicopter took the photo with the ocean in front, then the beach and us lying on it. Looks pretty nice.

Also, my son loves flying drones (he already has a BeBop and the Hover Camera is just an addition to his stable), it is fun.

Why do you drive a sportscar? Smiley

--

RC:
    ALDO:

To have something to film with my drone.

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

spudgun:
    RC:
    ALDO:

Good one! Now I think I need a sportscar!!! Smiley

--

Joost:
    spudgun:
    RC:
    ALDO:

You still don't have one? What did you do all these past years lurking around Rennteam? Smiley Smiley

--

spudgun:
    RC:
    ALDO:

Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Joost:
    spudgun:
    RC:
    ALDO:

You still don't have one? What did you do all these past years lurking around Rennteam? Smiley Smiley

Wishing, lurking, boring you guys with off-topic stuff... and keeping up to date and getting informed for when my time has come. Smiley

--

Joost:
    RC:
    Joost:
    spudgun:
    RC:
    ALDO:

Wishing, lurking, boring you guys with off-topic stuff... and keeping up to date and getting informed for when my time has come. Smiley

Maybe you're lucky and when your time comes, there will be flying cars. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    ALDO:

Fun? Great photos and videos? For example I have a very nice high res photo of me and my family lying on the beach and the drone took the photo from above the ocean, so it looks as if a helicopter took the photo with the ocean in front, then the beach and us lying on it. Looks pretty nice.

Also, my son loves flying drones (he already has a BeBop and the Hover Camera is just an addition to his stable), it is fun.

For me it is like buying a camera for making selfies. I thought I need one for making nice photos of my house - but then decided to engage a professional to make these photos. 

There are lot of people using a GoPro when skiing - I don´t understand this either. Lucky me and all the rest, nobody cares if I don´t understand it Smiley

--

AM

The drone stuff is basically a gadget thing, nothing serious here (mostly my son). I would love to do driving videos like CH does but he has a pro with him who does the drone stuff, so... yes

I would never use a GoPro for skiing or biking but I want to do some nice drone videos while my wife is water skiing or wake boarding. Still haven't figured out how to do this out of the boat because I have to drive and my kids aren't that good with the drone. Maybe I can ask a friend... Unfortunately, in Italy (Lake Garda), they do not allow more than three people in the boat when someone is water skiing or wake boarding. Most idiotic law I ever heard of but it is how it is.

Italy has even more issues: Officially, you cannot use any drone with a camera without a drone pilot license (which is very similar to get a real pilot license ). The Vice Director of ENAC (Italian Civil Avian Authority) has "clarified" in the Italian press that personal non-commercial drones under 2 kg weight can be used for (private) videos as well if the laws are respected (5 km away from airports, not higher than 70 m, line of sight flying only, no flying over crowds, concerts, etc. and especially no flying in Rome and other cultural cities, especially in the historic parts) but the law itself in Italy is actually a bit confusing. I carry the the printed statement from the Vice Director of ENAC with me, just in case the police in Italy starts to make trouble (a friend was arrested but later released without consequences because they didn't know what to do with him and his drone when he flew along the shore line at Lake Garda).

Sorry for going completely off topic now, back to McLaren. frown

--

RC:

The drone stuff is basically a gadget thing, nothing serious here (mostly my son). I would love to do driving videos like CH does but he has a pro with him who does the drone stuff, so... yes

I would never use a GoPro for skiing or biking but I want to do some nice drone videos while my wife is water skiing or wake boarding. Still haven't figured out how to do this out of the boat because I have to drive and my kids aren't that good with the drone. Maybe I can ask a friend... Unfortunately, in Italy (Lake Garda), they do not allow more than three people in the boat when someone is water skiing or wake boarding. Most idiotic law I ever heard of but it is how it is.

Italy has even more issues: Officially, you cannot use any drone with a camera without a drone pilot license (which is very similar to get a real pilot license ). The Vice Director of ENAC (Italian Civil Avian Authority) has "clarified" in the Italian press that personal non-commercial drones under 2 kg weight can be used for (private) videos as well if the laws are respected (5 km away from airports, not higher than 70 m, line of sight flying only, no flying over crowds, concerts, etc. and especially no flying in Rome and other cultural cities, especially in the historic parts) but the law itself in Italy is actually a bit confusing. I carry the the printed statement from the Vice Director of ENAC with me, just in case the police in Italy starts to make trouble (a friend was arrested but later released without consequences because they didn't know what to do with him and his drone when he flew along the shore line at Lake Garda).

Sorry for going completely off topic now, back to McLaren. frown

Have a look at the active track possibilities of the Mavic... would be extremely suited for this situation as long as you stay away from obstacles your son could easily operate the drone.

--

Thanks and now let's keep the drone stuff in the drone thread. blush

--

noone1:

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Do you always drive below 0.5g?

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689138 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408981 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255660 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234903 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65479 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857821 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773792 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM