Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Most memorable car chase/scenes

Here are a few that ring a bell which I love on car chase:

Classic or not some I can't recall the name of the actual movie:

1. 007 with Roger Moore in Paris when the car was cut in 1/2
    2. 007 Roger in White Lotus Elise against chopper and went under with missiles shot at the chopper
    3. Aston Vanquish S V Jaguar Racing Green in Tomorrow Never Dies
    4. Mini Cooper Chase in Italian Job (New one)
    5. Mission Impossible II Tom Cruise Carrera Cabrio V. Audi TT in Silver
    6. Mission Impossible II Tom Cruise ending scene riding bike (a bit too JOHN WOO)
    7. Mission Impossible III (Lymbo Gallardo with Maggie Q)
    8. Bad Boys I Porsche Black Turbo Against Shelby Cobra
    9. Bad Boys II Ferrari Highway Chase
    10. Miami Vice White F430 (not shown in HK yet)

Anyone with cool inputs?

I think my favourite modern one must be Vanquish S against Jag.

Classic one must be Roger Moore in Lotus White Elise.

Wasn't born in one classic on the DB7 by Sean Connery heard that was also classic. It had an ejectable seat ejecting his enemy according to my father.

Re: Most memorable car chase/scenes

Of course there are many more and I welcome teammates to contribute... for e.g., there was one with Sly driving a F1 in NYC or something chasing this kid driver apprentice of his. Does anyone know if there is a compilation somewhere of some of these classic scenes (old or new? Transporter I II James Bond scenes)? I'd love to buy the DVD.

how could you forget the chases from Ronin?

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    how could you forget the chases from Ronin?

My favorite! That S8 was really one cool car!

Umm, maybe I'm showing my age but I think you've missed some of the classics:
    1: Bullit with Steve McQueen.
    2. The 7-Ups with Roy Schieder
    3. The French Connection with Gene Hackman
    Yes, I know they are all American, but they truly set the benchmarks for chase sequences.
    A more recent movie would be "To Live and Die in LA" from the 80's.
    Oh and I'll definately agree with Ronin. That was an old school chase in a new movie.

how about when the T-Rex was chasing the Jeep in Jurassic Park?

Best car chase: Ronin.

Agreed. Ronin.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Best car chase: Ronin.

For sure!

Going the wrong way on entrance/exit ramps did it for me!

gone in 60 seconds (shelby GT500 "Eleanor"
    bullit (Ford Mustang Fastback & Dodge Challanger)
    2fast2furious (Nisan Skyline GT, EvoVI...)

No man's land has some great chase scenes where some usa barge and a camaro is chasing a 911..

the barge just cant handle where as the porsche joins a main road at speed and just slides into the gaps in the traffic, the barge trys do it and ends up hitting a car and causing a major crash......

theres also a scene at the begining where db sweeney is test driving charlie sheens porsche and hits bends and makes the back end really snap out.

sheen says were you scared, sweeney replies nah, sheens replies me neither then they both laugh...

ronin is also one of my favorites not to mension the old smokey and the bandid films, including canon ball run, and the canon ball runn fever, where an old man is teaching his grandson how to make a pebble skim on water, and a lamborghini skims across a lake!

Quote:
    911digital said:
    No man's land has some great chase scenes where some usa barge and a camaro is chasing a 911..

the barge just cant handle where as the porsche joins a main road at speed and just slides into the gaps in the traffic, the barge trys do it and ends up hitting a car and causing a major crash......

theres also a scene at the begining where db sweeney is test driving charlie sheens porsche and hits bends and makes the back end really snap out.

I'm surprised when you mention it.
    When I was a little kid, before driving a car, I kept watching the scenes from video tape.

Very nice

Yeah - another vote for Ronin. The special edition DVD is worth getting - lots of 'Making of' featurettes. Notable for hitting pedestrians for added realism. Was the American S8 driver not a real racing driver?

Also worth seeing for Bobby DeNiro's pronounciation of "Hereford".

Don't forget AGAINST ALL ODDS, with a black 308 Spider against a GR 911 Cab going down Sunset Blvd. Same guy as BULLIT choreographed it, and drove the 308. Check out both commentaries on the DVD, Jeff Bridges and James Wood really get into it. The stories about how they talked the LAPD into it are great. They only had the traffic controlled in one direction, the other direction was real civilians.

Ronin, French Connection, 1st Bourne Supremacy to add to what has been said above

Bullit was $$

Thanks all Rennteammates now I better go out and get some of those. I missed Ronin. The first memorable car chase scene which fascinated me as a kid back in grade school was the White Elise Lotus with Roger. My mother actually got me the Mattel toy for it cos I remember clearly that he went under and shot the chopper and drove up to the beach which he opened his window and threw a tiny fish out. Heard the old Italian Job had some scenes but I better go watch some Ronin. What about Transporter one and two anyone? Is anyone into Tokyo Drift? This drifting business is taking over Asia and it is the art to learn now cos drag racing is definitely out. Recently some pro drivers took some cars out and ranked the best car for drifting and number one goes to 350 Z Nissan (still the japanese reign)but surprised to find that they drifted a 997 s very well and it took number 3. The other contenders were Viper, NSX, M3...

yep, ronin is excellent . i also like the chase in the movie with john travolta driving a tvr tuscan..forgot the movie name

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the very best start to a movie of all time.

"THE CANNONBALL RUN"

I love those hot chicks in that Lambo!!

The Sound!!

The Music!!

That's my eye of the tiger!!

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned the very best start to a movie of all time.

"THE CANNONBALL RUN"

The Sound!!

The Music!!

lol i have that movie and its sequel on DVD lol

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:

"THE CANNONBALL RUN"

The Sound!!

The Music!!

or the second version with jim candy in the BMW 750i and two hot chicks in the ferrari daytona!

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    yep, ronin is excellent . i also like the chase in the movie with john travolta driving a tvr tuscan..forgot the movie name

Swordfish... at best average action flick

not to mention the gratuitous Halle Berry topless scene

Quote:
    pride355 said:
    Quote:
    911digital said:

I'm surprised when you mention it.
    When I was a little kid, before driving a car, I kept watching the scenes from video tape.

Very nice

to be quite honest i'm rather a no man's land freak, i cant stop watching it since it was released in the uk on dvd by mgm.

i love the film, db sweeney's great..

best of all the dvd you can repeat the scenes / film and it was wear out!

i also love the soundtrack by basil poledouris..

in the old video a few scenes were cut out, but the dvd is uncut and has the scene where sheen steals the black 911 and slim jims it and then plugs his own ignition switch in.

also db sweeney trys to nick the 911 in the shopping mall and ends up getting caught well you see him slim jim that one aswell as try to bust the igniton!

i dont know if the us version is uncut and has theses scenes in...

....I would add the scenes with the Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger.
    If I had to pick only one movie, it would be a toss-up between Ronin and Bullitt.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Swordfish... at best average action flick

not to mention the gratuitous Halle Berry topless scene

swordfish...thats it! true ,halle berry is great in the movie, and the scene where the guy has to break a code in 60 seconds with a chick between his legs..

[quote
    .. dvd is uncut and has the scene where sheen steals the black 911 and slim jims it and then plugs his own ignition switch in.

also db sweeney trys to nick the 911 in the shopping mall and ends up getting caught well you see him slim jim that one aswell as try to bust the igniton!

When you mentioned it; I remember that stealing. It was uncut on the version I recorded from TV when I was a little kid. But that scene was cut from the DVD I have just bought 2 months ago.

I didn't realize it before you wrote this.

"I once stole 7 cars a day.."

Vanishing Point.

OK, it's strictly not a scene but a movie, but excellent movie for a car nut, anyway.

Ronin and Bullitt

Bullitt and French Connection although I'm biased. My uncle was in the French Connection. Never heard of Ronin but it sounds like I ought to rent it.

Quote:
    ptcja said:
    1. 007 with Roger Moore in Paris when the car was cut in 1/2

A View to a Kill

Quote:
    2. 007 Roger in White Lotus Elise against chopper and went under with missiles shot at the chopper

The Spy Who Loved Me

Quote:
    3. Aston Vanquish S V Jaguar Racing Green in Tomorrow Never Dies

Not TND. Die Another Day.

My favorites are the 2 scenes in Ronin: the first when the mercenary team steals the case, and the second when De Niro and Reno are chasing the IRA guys in the BMW.

Quote:
    Wasn't born in one classic on the DB7 by Sean Connery heard that was also classic. It had an ejectable seat ejecting his enemy according to my father.

Goldfinger.

The best movie with cars is LE MANS with Steve MacQueen (I watch it a few days ago for the first time)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689973 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409451 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235077 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65588 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858204 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774320 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM